Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Help Me!!!?
One of my best friends is trying to kill herself by cutting her arms and legs.Is their anything i should do or should i just leave her alone???...

Do you have any kind of phobia?
I'm terrified of mosquitoes and crane flies >.>!...

How do I tell my parents that I cannot go back to school yet?
I just had Christmas break and I fly back to school tomorrow. They recently told me that they noticed that I was depressed and that they were worried. They said that I shouldn't go back yet and ...

Is this considered child abuse?
i am 13 yrs old
my mom calls me bad words, slaps me across the face, throws me out of the house, and yells at me all because i haven't cleaned my room
i cry and feel depressed after ...

Where would I go to get a lobotomy?
I am bored with abstract thought and long for a simpler less confusing life. Who would I talk to about getting a lobotomy?...

What is wrong with me?
I am sad all the time. I dont like to do anything i used to do... or anything at all i dont even want to skateboard and a few months ago it was all i ever did and i am allways turning down ...

Should people with mental illness or addiction have children?
So you think it is morally and ethically correct for someone with a mental illness or an addiction to have children, when there is a chance they could pass on the trait/tendancy to this illness to ...

Why do people cut themselves?
on tv you hear about teenagers cutting themselves. why do they do it?...

What do you fear the most??

What do I do when I wish I was dead and I'm only 15?
Since I'm pretty healthy, one side of my family lives to be realllly old, and medical technology is increasing, that means I have who knows how many years! Like 80! Every day I wish so bad I was ...

Is life always so f**ken hard?
in june 2007 i was raped as a male it was very hard 4 me 2 cope. life has only got harder will it get any better who has a bad time living??? can we pull through
Additional Details

Am I depressed?
Constant breakdowns. Afraid i'll never find happiness. I'm the lonliest person, super sensitive. Mother is bi-bolar unaware of how much she hurts me. parents are super strict.divorced. Not ...

I keep having suicidal feelings why do i feel this way how do i get it to stop an leave me alone forever?

Do you ever just stare at the wall for hours on end?
I maybe just at the floor - staring at nothing and thinking nothing. Is this normal?...

I have asked it before, but I need help!?
I'm really depressed, and I have really bad anxiety...I think I'm fat and ugly...and people get mad because they don't see how I could think that...I get really nervous around people......

What do u do when u get really depressed?
what do u do when u get really really ...

Are you afraid of dying?
Every year around my birthday I get depressed about getting older. Any suggestions that don't involve, drinking or drugs?...

How do i tell my parents I'm depressed?
Ok I'm have 13 and have been pretty depressed for about the past year, no one has noticed except my best friend. She keeps telling me ,to tell me parents but i just don't know how. I have ...

Is it acceptable to rely on someone else for happiness?

Do you ever want to just run away?
Just get away from the responsiblities of being mother, wife, taxi driver,house keeper ect.. Whats a good way to just relax when you have all this built up stress?
Additional Details

vici
Is a messy house a sign of depression?
i often wonder when i see these programmes about how clean is your house, wether kim and aggie think about the people who are living this way

could they be depressed,

what do you think

xxx vici

guitarhottie101
Rating
no its a sign of lazyness ;)

(Meow)=^.^=
Rating
I think yeah but if u want it clean call clean house they change my life for good

cuteyforever789
Rating
I don't think so.

CHOCOCAT ROCKS
Rating
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or maybe not. If you have a messy house, it would be embarrassing when you have friends and family over, so you wouldn't invite them over.

***shell***
Rating
I think in some cases people dont take care of themselves or their homes because maybe they are a little depressed.

Texas Butterfly
I think they have a problem with being obsessive/compulsive disorder. However, I love to keep my house clean and I have noticed that when I'm feeling down, my house gets out of control. Especially having 2 boys ages 11 & 6. I myself suffer from OCD and Depression. I have learned to let some things can wait so I'm getting better and not freaking out about everything. :)

treealbero
If it's out of character for you and you're not severely at a loss for time, then yes, more than likely.

mystycal2u
Rating
they could very well be.

Nessa Q
Rating
no...it is a sign of slobness!!!

?
Rating
If your home is normally clean, then, yes, it could be a sign of depression, because you arent doing things you "normally" would do. If your home is always messy, then it isnt a sign of depression. Along of course, with other symptoms... Sometimes, an extra super duper clean house is a sign of depression, which can indicate someone who is insatiable.

Emily A
Rating
Well sometimes. A messy house is a sign that you have let yourself go. And you don't care much anymore. Or it could just mean your lazy! : )

BLUEJAY57
Rating
could be . sound like a lazy person

jojo
I say definitely YES, but it can also be the household is too busy and no one helps the "mom"

Dancer89
Rating
I think they could be depressed. Their messy house probably contributes to their depression, and because they are depressed, they let it go like that. Someone I know was clinically depressed and her house was a mess, not because she was depressed, but because she was under a lot of stress. But the house made her feel as if her life was spinning out of control and she couldn't handle being there. Luckily, she isn't depressed anymore and her house is clean :) So I think the two definitely go hand in hand. I hope this helps!!

Sarah-Rose T
I do believe it can be a form of depression. However I find myself cleaning my room and then not noticing that it has been roughly two weeks since I last cleaned it. I think a lot of people get caught up in their lives.
However, If I am ever angry I totally go on a cleaning rampage or i go for a run. I do believe those shows might help..although maybe a some therapist sessions should be included.

ROZEE M
Rating
thats an interesting question. I suffer quite badly at times from depression, it makes me lethargic and I dont tidy, but I cant stand it for long and I tidy it, it always cheers me up. I cant bare to let it get so messy that its disgusting. I think its a cycle, or a vicious circle, an untidy house is a sign of depression but also a cause.

On the other hand some people are just untidy, whether they are depressed or not, they may be busy or tired or ill, in thinking about there are probably many reasons for untidiness, but depression is definately one. I guess it just depends on the person and their lifestyle and their own personality!

sunnycamp
Rating
yea its apparent they have issues from the way they live maybe when cleaning up the homes the should clean up the people

Bo Peep
Not always - sometimes it's a sign of busy people! Or people who think that life is too short for ironing towels! lol

There is no doubt that sometimes a really really unhygenic and messy house is a symptom of someones life spiralling out of control, but if you are talking general mess and clutter then no, not really.

I have really busy weekends and by Monday my house looks like a bomb went off in it....Monday is my day off and a chance to tidy up.

Pam
Some people are naturally disorganized and have no problems functioning in a messy area. For me, my room is usually messy when I'm stressed out and can't find the time to clean up. But when I was diagnosed with depression a month ago, I remember my room was pretty tidy. I guess it depends on the person..

dumbo
I supposed depression does cause laziness. I think most of them are plain lazy actually.

T C
Rating
Not necessarily! Some people just don't think that housework is important & would rather do something else.

gr8ful_one
disorganized or over whelmed

bellaiglesias24
Rating
absolutely not! If your house is messy I think that is a sign you are actually LIVING life, and not worrying about the things you do when your retired! Not on the other hand, if your house is absolutely disgusting, maybe your out of hand!

Alter Ego
Yes, its the routine which depresses that type of person. Get up on the morning , make the bed, wash the dishes, hoover the carpets, dust the ornaments. Then six months later , start all over again.

im not that innocent
It actually can be.

I think a clean house makes for a clean fresh life. If my house is a mess I become a mess.

If I were to give these deppressed people advice, I would say cleaning their house might help.

Arwen the Original.
It could be, but it could also be a sign of lazyness.

Hmm....
Rating
That is a single symptom but just because someone doesnt clean doesnt mean they are depressed.

plocica77
well my house is always a mess....its due to having FOUR kids. I am bipolar and suffer from PMDD. during that time of the month my house is at its worst ...so yeah it can be depression or other illness.
I am also ADD and the biggest procrastinator you'll ever meet. I hate cleaning and rather be doing outside stuff when I feel good.

peter o
Rating
if it is then i have been depress.for the last 40 years.lol

Laura g
Rating
If that person's house was normally always clean and now all of a sudden it's not, that could be a sign of depression yes.

★ ¢нєєку кιттєи ♥ dÏ…Ñ” 23Ñ?∂ dє¢ ★
have you heard that saying, ''a clean house is a sign of a misspent life'' =]

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy