Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

What is wrong with mee?
yesterday in class i asked the teacher if i could go to the toilet she screamed in my face saying no sit down! i then screamed and swore in her face got up, threw a desk across the room walked out ...

Is it normal to have suicidal thoughts everyday?
I go through bouts of feeling happy and sad but even when i'm happy i still think about them....

My life is going downhill. dr is offerring me antidepressents not sure whether to take them or not.?
everything in my life is crap. Nothing goes right..EVER. I spoke to my gp and recommended antidepressents. I am in a relationship, but its not going great due to my lack of confidence and motivation. ...

Is bi-Polar a real disease or an excuse?
Hi -

I have Bipolar and have noticed some interesting perspectives from the "Mentally Correct" population. Please answers these questions truthfully. Read on...

It ...

I've been depressed for a while now and I've reached a point where I drink myself to sleep. What should I do?

Why am i sad?
Why am i sad i have a decent life but to many mistakes and no one beleives me what do i ...

Just help me please...?
i'm not one of those people that ask everyone if i'm fat. i keep it held inside. i know im not obese, but i feel so uncomfortable with my weight. once i eat i fell depressed and if i gain a ...

Help... i'm 19 and have no ambition motivation goals or direction in life...?
Like it said, i feel like i'm not going anywhere. All i do is work, suft the net, make out, and party sometimes.. I have 2 years of college done. But i have no idea where i see myself in 5 or 10 ...

What do you like the most about yourself?
self image......

Self-harm?
i've been self harming for 4 years (i'm 16). i managed to stop it for about a few months. but because i'm so stressed out, i'm tempted on harming myself again. i am punching ...

Am I depressed?
I am really down lately. My marriage is in trouble, my son is disabled and it is difficult at times, I lost a great paying job and now work for much less and I just feel like everything is down on me....

Very Confused, And Attention Starved?
Okay, long story. I'll shorten it down. Aparrently, I'm attention starved. I've got the bad habit of telling everyone my inner thoughts and feeling. I also over react to everything. N...

I need your help. My boyfriend is an addict?
My boyfriend is an addict, and he just expects me to not fuss about the drugs. He is addicted to crack cocaine and ecstacy and he has been to rehab seven times, but each time he comes out, two weeks ...

Do i have a mental disorder?
I am a 15 year old girl.
I often think that my friends don't really want to be friends with me. I feel like they just feel sorry for me. I also start fights with them for no reason. I like ...

COULD I BE DEPRESSED?
most people describe me as a funny, smart and pretty girl but recently ive been crying constantly and i feel isolated and so alone. i hav tried 2talk to a friend but she kind of disregards it and ...

Depression?
I Suffer from social anxiety disorder and its interfering with my life
well.. i have no life lol because of it my mums gona fone my doctor and try and get me a phsychiatrist or something to help ...

Tell me why my husband blames all his bad behavior on being bipolar - isn't he ever to blame for hurting me?
Ever since my husband was diagnosed with bipolar disorder, all of his bad, even abusive behavior gets blamed on the lack of meds before treatment, porblems with meds since treatment, or just the ...

What makes u happy?

Anyone out there with excessive anxiety?
I have an anxiety disorder (Anxiety NOS) and I had a really bad day. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to cope?
Additional Details
Yes, I do know what NOS means. (Not otherwise ...

This is really weird what do you think it is?
right i have this crazy nonsense talking voice in my head
and it keeps claiming this guy is my son (i know weird)
and this guy certainly is not (hes 20 years older than me)
hes the ...

lissa_marye
I need a good way to release anger?
i am new to this town, and usually i will go running around the neighborhood for a few blocks to release anger... but since i am new here I do not trust the neighborhood yet. I need a way to vent my anger though... it's 11 at night where i am
Additional Details
i live in a 1 story house(no stairs to run up and down), nowhere near a beach, don't have a punching bag, and have no room for a treadmill.

i really really want to go running, but i cant, mom wont let me , even though i am 18 it is almost midnight and we dont know this town well.

somexbox360guy
beat the **** outta a pillow or soomthing

mohammed k
Rating
hear songs i guess

?
Do some sit ups,or run up and down the stairs a few times.

Aya
Do yoga or pilates or something, that's what I do. ^^

bfunkmystic
Shaolin exercises or punching bag will do the trick, you can even channel your anger towards lifting weights as well if yoy want?......just see the person youre angry at in your mind, and get angry at them.... then push that barbell and focus those bad vibes, go hard baby go hard!!!

ScudLauncher
Make friends with a person who you can bond with and tell all of your problems to. Take a gym or yoga class. Whenever you are blowing steam, and you think you'll explode, just take a stroll outside for a few minutes. It will cool you off a bit, but I recommend the yoga/gym and the friend also.

applecat4321
Get a gym membership.

brunettebabe217
Rating
Exercise is a great way to let out your anger. If you want to continue running, try and find a local gym that you can go to if you're not comfortable with your new neighborhood. You might find that after a while that you like your neighborhood so you can run there too!

Sid
Rating
scream into a pillow. beat something soft, like a couch cushion or a pillow. talk to someone about it.

Stonewall Jackson
Go knock the crap out of someone who desperately deserves it.

ArachnidDemon

zodionic
write all your problems on a piece of paper, then quickly tie a bit of string to the paper and a large bee, then release the be out the window, then laugh at how stupid my advice is.

Jeremy J
If you want someone to talk to you can IM me if you want.

smile_girl
Rating
Kick boxing, buy a boxing bag, swing a baseball bat, jumping jacks in your loungeroom. Run a hot bath, get in, sink under the water and scream as loud as you can.

foundmyay
I find doing Karate kicks is effective - or for a calming effect do some yoga. Maybe talk a bubble bath and drink some herbal tea, massage the stress out of your temples and forehead. If you are just really t'd off and have no one to vent your anger out to, then write it all down in a journal - don't leave anything out. Atleast that way you can get whatever it is off your chest and reflect on it later.

ViciousVixen
Rating
since u just moved there i can c a little stress but why would you have so much anger? and if your that angry, wouldnt worry about it cuz if u run into a mugger just beat the crap out of em!!!

♥.blondy4eva
just scream loud and as long as you need into your pillow

Shery
Rating
Make yourself a WILSON like Tom Hanks on Castaway and punch him often.Cuss at him and throw him against the wall.

paradigm
This wont be a popular answer.......I deconstruct my anger, i break it down to the real reasons, and usually i come to the conclusion that it is based in some selfish need that was thwarted, and my anger is actually frustration looking for someone to blame other than myself..more often than not i find that it was something i had control over and failed to deal with it properly...Anyway, my point is we can choose our emotions (they dont choose us).......Soooooo...do they have a name for people on here who give 5 dollar answers to 50cent questions yet?

cheer_4_u 13
Rating
umm find something suitable to punch with no effect to other people and hit it as hard and as many times as youd like...that works wonders....BUT NEVER ANYTHING LIVING!

marywk54
Rating
Since it's so late at night and you're new in town and don't know the area yet the best suggestion I can give, for tonight anyway, is to go into your bedroom, shut the door, and give your bed (mattress &/ or pillow) the hardest beating that you can, then flop into your bed and if necessary, cry yourself to sleep. Then when you get up tomorrow morning go for that run and maybe, if there's a convenience store near you, go in and ask the clerk where the nearest gym or rec center is, somewhere where you can go into an area where they play basketball, preferably go in when there is no one else there---get or take you a tennis ball and throw it as hard as you can against the wall of the room then run after it....repeat this until you can't do it anymore or until you are crying or have in some way vented and let go of every ounce of anger that you had in you.
At least it worked for me....a therapist sent me into a gym one time about 4 years ago for the above mentioned exercise and when I finished I had totally worked that anger completely out.

Felecia K
Rating
you could always do pushups,or pick up a pillow and just start screaming into it(that help's).

who knowwsss
I always feel better when i beat the crap out a punching bag. and plus its good for you if youre angry to do that

Candy
Rating
the beach i go there evry week at 6:00 when no 1z there its soooo peiceful it works really it does

tappetytap
Rating
I also have to do something physical for a release. If it's too late to go running, how about turning up loud music and dancing around your place?? Do exercises if dancing doesn't do it for you. Concentrate on the repititions and the way you are holding your body, contracting your muscles, etc, and think of nothing else while you're doing it.....

cindy h
I have some serious anger issues, and I thought about getting myself a punching bag. I can't go running here because of loose dogs. I don't have the punching bag yet but I think it will prove helpful when I get it. I'm saving for a good one.

soundfamiliar
Rating
If I get very angry in the middle of the night I usually try to drown myself in a very long, hot shower. Sit myself on the floor and have the shower strong pouring over me.....not that i would allow it to drown me of course but let the torrents (lots of it at high speed)of hot water (not scalding me but enough to leave my skin slightly pink....ie not warm but actually some heat can be felt) pour over......It usually help me to focus my anger elsewhere as my body is experiencing this effect and actually make me feel more relax after it. Stay in as long as you can stand and don't let the shower power not be strong.

After that a nice cup of hot chocolate would do the trick of relaxing me some more.....hope this help you as much as it did me.:)

notarycat
This may sound funny.... but the last time I felt really angry, I started cleaning my house. I took my aggression out on the fridge shelves and the toilet bowl. In the end, I did feel better, and my house was clean.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, February 3, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy