Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

I called upon the Lord to save me from my depression, but he hasn't. Why not?
Why won't God help me in my life anymore?
Additional Details
yes, I know I put this in the wrong section... however depression is ...

Do you answer the questioners that say they want to kill themselves or shy away?
personally i shy away, even though i want to help i am so afraid anything i say might trip them over the edge, wether positive or negative, it frghtens me that they might take what i say in the wrong ...

Will smoking weed cause any problems?
i haven't started but what if i just use it mildly/in moderation, don't get into the lifestyle, and stay productive? wouldn't it not cause any problems and actually be a good ...

I think im depressed but dont want to take meds?
I think im depressed but i dont want to take medications. Ive talked to different doctors and they all said its a stage im going thru but it must be a really long stage because ive been this way ...

Have I failed at life? (honest answers only)?
Please be honest, have I failed at life? Here's some info about me:
1. I'm extremely shy and have bad social anxiety, it makes it hard to talk to any people at all, order food at ...

Do You Think About Suicide ?
Do you think about suicide on a daily basis ? Are they Idle thoughts of escape or more ?...

What's the quickest way to off yourself?
what i have been doing isn't working or is not fast enough. please help me someone quick and easy. i don't own a gun yet....

What are you addicted to, not necessarily drugs, that you think you can't live without?
For me, it's books. When I run out of books to read I'll read anything. Also, my computer and internet. Just thinking about not having it is terrifying!
Additional Details

My best best best friend died. Please read.?
I'm 13. I've been best friends with this girl since I was 8 years old. On March 5th, my best friend died suddenly. She was just 15. How can I move on with my life. Because I know she doesn&#...

How much longer do i have to live by my parents rules??

Is cutting yourself really that bad???
ive been doing it for 5 years now...and i dont see the harm in ...

I have a very strange, kind of sick secret. is this realy a bad thing?
I have been thin all my life. I am very attractive. But then I had kids and put on a lot of wieght. I am fat and unattractive now. But here is the wierd sick thing. I secretly like being fat. sure I ...

I am ready to kill myself?
i constantly get made fun of. i get called fat i get called ugly and i don't even know what happy really is anymore. people call me fat to my face and i don't know what to say back. my &...

If you punch an arm or leg hard enough, could it break?
Or would it just leave a bad bruise?...

What do you miss about your childhood?
I miss all my legos......

What's the secret of happiness?
Serious answers please - I have suffered on and off with depression all my life, and never seem to able to enjoy my life and be happy with what I've got. How does everyone else manage it?...

I'm 19 and I still watch Telitubies.What is wrong with me?
I dont have children....

Why can't i stop skipping classes?
i just dont care about school anymore. i know when i dont go to class i'm going to get caught but i still do it. some times i just end up comming for one period. my mum knows i do it, and she ...

What or who made you laugh this week?

Additional Details
I love Extras with Ricky Gervais, he makes me laugh out ...

14 and depressed?
For probably a 2-3 years I have been feeling increasingly depressed. There has been no trigger for the depression to start, nothing bad has happened to me, and yet I feel so unhappy. My depression ...

Kathryn
I have a drug problem?
part of me wants help, the other part doesnt want to at all and knows that if i do go to rehab or anything i would relapse again anyways.

I would go to rehab to at least try, but i'm fifteen, and my parents have no idea about it. If i told them it would ruin my life. They would hate me.

I want help, but i don't want my parents knowing.

My drug use started freshman year drinking, then i started smoking weed ocationally. My weed smoking increased to multiple times a day, then i started getting into other **** too.
To list some, ive done/still do extacy vicodin xanax, acid, ritalin, lsd, shrooms, coke, pcp, etc.
(never done crack or heroin, thank god)

I love doing them. My friends and i have a great time together. I love it. But since i am only a sophmore, i worry that later this year and next year, i might just keep getting worse.

I also feel like ive ****** up my life already, and stopping now wont change anything.
Ive lost everything that was once important to me.
Additional Details
ive lost many friends, my sports, my drive to do well in school. My goals, and my want to suceed in life.

now im just high a lot.

i know this may sound very confusing. I wasnt quite sure how to organize my feelings.
BUt basically the point of me being on here is to see if anyone has anyways to get help with out my parents knowing. Or if there isnt a way, i good way to talk to them.

Thanks ahead of time for helping. It means a lot to me!

H E Y! [ itsemmy<3 ]
STOP STOP STOP STOP AND STOP AGAIN!!!!!! U MUST PULL URSELF AWAY FROM THIS!!!!!! U ARE RUINING UR LIFE AND UR ONLY A SOPHOMORE!! OMG UR GONNA DIE AT 30!!!

lukasrossi4ever
Rating
1 TELL UR PARENTS, they wont hate you. they might be dissapointed, but they wud be alot more if you didnt tell them until sumthing bad happens
2 ur 15, get help now. its easiest at a young age

martha jones
dCome clean with your parents,they love you and will understand. Get the rehab and get clean. How else are you going to make goo decisions in this world. Learn to help others it is a blessing. I am praying for you. Martha Jones

daljack -a girl
Rating
Not to preach.....but you have parents for a reason. They're there to help and guide you until you're old enough and smart enough to do it for yourself.

At 15 and with a drug problem you need them. Take a chance and talk to them....you can't do this on your own.

my heart belongs to youu <3
Rating
i really think you should go to rehab. maybe you could go and tell your parents that you are going somewhere else. really, if you want to get back on track and feel a whole lot better about yourself, just get the problem fixed no matter what the cost.

Chris B
Rating
Hello Kathryn! I believe you know you need to stop doing what you're doing but don't know how! You're only 15 years old and you are ruining your own life by going on with this. Your parents will be shocked, but they will not hate you nor will it ruin your life. To the contrary I would think! I think they would be very proud of a daughter who could own up to something as large as this and ask for help. I know how difficult you think it's going to be to tell them but I have a suggestion for you.

Go to one of your guidance counselors or a favorite teacher at school and ask her/him to help you with this problem. After you're comfortable enough with that person have them invite your parents in for a talk so you can be supported when you tell them. I know you must be so scared your knees are knocking against one another right now!

Yes Kathryn, you have messed up your life thus far, but not enough to be unable to recover from. You are playing with dangerous drugs and it hardly matters that you haven't done crack or heroin. What you're taking is just as bad and as dangerous! What you are doing to your internal organs is horrific and the interaction of the drugs is lethal.

Saying that if you go to rehab you would relapse and go back to using is what they call STINKING THINKING in the N/A program! You're trying to defeat yourself before you even begin because you don't think you can stop! I'm here to tell you that you CAN & WILL stop! If you don't, you will continue to get worse and use more lethal drugs. Several of the things you're taking can kill you in one second if your chemical reaction is bad or if you do too much! You can't think about next week or next year. You must think about TODAY! It's all you have and all you'll ever have.

Stopping now will change EVERYTHING. You've lost everything that ever meant anything to you because of your drug use and abuse! You can feel better about stuff for a few hours or even a half a day when you're using but then what? It's fun when you're high, I KNOW that! But it's not fun anymore is it...because down deep you know! Now it's your choice Kathryn...it's all up to you! You can help end your life or you can begin life...free of drugs and not controlled by anything but your own mind, goodness and heart. You will have much help in de-tox, rehab and in the program. They understand what this is and will be there for you...but you have to make the commitment to LIVE...One Day At A Time!

•ºJen•º
Rating
you sound just like me...i cant even tell u...

When i read your story i felt like i was reading my own.

I used to do so many drugs and it was so much fun and good times with my friends that I didnt even want to stop most of the time.
My parents never knew....and they still dont.

I was thinking about rehab too near the end....
I felt so nervous about it though and i didnt want my parents (especially my mom) or friends to know.

The fact that you are even thinking about stopping the drugs or even slowing down says a lot about the respect and love you have left for yourself. so congrats this far! Believe me you haven't ****** up nearly as much as u think u have!!!

But you really have the potential to disappoint urself so much that it hurts to look in the mirror if u dont slow down the drugs...

I finally decided one day that quitting drugs was going to be hard, that life was going to be hard, but that this experience of quitting would make other **** in my life that came my way bearable....

It became bigger than the drugs, it became about making my life easier AFTER i had quit the drugs.
I just wanted to be like my old happy self again...

It worked and it took a few tries to stop the drugs but i kept a journal and wrote soooo much and in time the pain went away..... i really began to feel proud of myself for what i did.

Just remember...things in life that come easy are never really that promising...

you can do it....just give urself a timeline of when u think ull feel better and keep reminding urself of how in control u are and what type of person u will see urself as in X amount of months....

best of luck i know u can do it!

turtle_express16
I'm getting mixed signals from you. Part of you wants to stop and part of you wants to keep doing it.

The part that wants to stop is scared that things could get worse and you could wind up OD-ing or dead.

The part that doesn't want to let go of the addiction is not ready to give up the socialization aspect and you really don't see it as that big of a problem if you're almost guaranteeing a relapse. Anyone who truly wants to quit anything won't allow a relapse to occur; or at least they'd not be able to see that far down the road of negativity. Also, you aren't ready to be an adult about it and tell your parents. You will need them as support. You can't do it alone if you truly want to quit.

The odds, as far as I'm concerned, are leaning towards not giving things up.

Here is what I suggest. If you REALLY want help, you must tell your parents. Get them together at the dinner table or somewhere comfortable and tell them you need their help. Then, spill your problem. It will not be easy for you or them. But, if they are like most parents, they love you and would do most anything to help you.

I hope you do get help and get yourself away from the people who are enablers of these terrible life-threatening habits you have picked up. Those people are not friends! Good luck!

suresh k
Hi there !
I think, you need help NOW !
Try to open out to "some body who can be leaned upon in crisis situations", if you dont want your parents to know this.But you have come to a stage wherein you need to have some help to come of this...
Are you sure that your parents will not come to your rescue if you tell them the scenario ?
But do get some help please and come out of it....
nothing is impossible in this world..believe in that...
best wishes !

Settelbanat
Let me correct you on a few statements you made here:
1- your parents will never hate you, they may be upset for a while about it but face it I am sure they already know something is wrong. Parents are funny that way, they deny it to themselves.
2- You need to want to help yourself instead of saying that you will go back to doing drugs anyway after rehab.
3- I know it is hard but you need to tell your parents as soon as possible, the first help you can get for yourself is a good solid support system, made of family and friends
4- That stuff gets expensive, try to not keep money on you and that may lessen your chances of getting drugs and using them.
5- Don't think your life is over because you are 15, it is never too late to get things straightened out. In a few years, you will look back on this and probably pat yourself on the back for waking up and recognizing your problem when you did.

mz_thang
Rating
look you really need to stop its fuc*ing rediculous what you take your going to kill yourself..And you no what happins when you do..And you have achieved nothing or only have drug fuc*ed friends...no1 will remember you you'll just be "that girl" and nobody wants that..I found my cousin one night when i was out...OD'd in a gutter dead..Ill never ever forget that night i wish he had the will power to quit..But no1 felt sorry for him cause he brought in on himself.

Imagin what you would do to your parents, if you Od'd and they didnt have a clue you were on drugs they would feel SO guilty for the rest of there lives and im sure you dont want to put that on them.

You may think you wont OD and that what your taking is fine..If you have that sence of morality then keep going.

Your killing yourself on the inside already, you have no drive all you do now is take drugs and that is not a life. You need help and you need it fast!

You should first start off seeing a counceller at a local help centre (there free) and just talk to them about your situation so atleast you can be talking to someone about your problem.

Look i dont no what you can say to your parents but all i no is im sure they would be more relieved of you getting help than not tell them and one day your dead.

I might be sounding rough but its the truth.

I wish you all the luck in the world

xo

Leneki
ok, lets start with the first paragraph. The part that say's "if i do go to rehab i would relapse anyway."
You already have it in your mind that you are going to relapse . So you are already admitting defeat before u even try. That's not cool.
Second paragraph,you say if you told your parents it would ruin your life. Can you begin to even imagine what your life will be like if you continue the path your on???
I wish you people would wake up and smell the coffee!!! You damn right it's goin to get worse!! Sure your life is fecked up but damn you can make it better.You stopping now will save your life. If you can't tell your parents than you need to get somebody that can sit them down and talk to them. To let them know their daughter has a terminal desease and if she don't get the help she needs she will die!!!
I hate to put it so bluntly but it's a fact. Please get the help you need before you are just another example of what drugs can and will do to young people. I will be praying real hard for you.
Take care hon, there are folks out here that care.

CC
Why would your parents hate you if you're responsible enough to admit that you have a problem?

You can't think "I'll relapse anyway." Rehab is just one step. For the rest of your life, you'll be going to support groups and doing other things to make sure that you don't return to the obviously unhappy and confused life you're living now.

You're only fifteen. I'm fifteen, too. We've got the same life ahead of us if you get help now.

Check out this website and get clean.

http://24houraddictionhelp.com/

kiwi
you could talk to your school consoler

Ego's Twin
Rating
Your parents wouldn't hate you..they would want what's best for you. It would kill them if you died from these drugs that you use. Think of someone other than yourself. It's never too late to change your ways, especially at fifteen years of age.

Darkendeavor3
stop immediatly! you know those homeless people you see in the streets? if you keep up the lifestyle you have, you can end up just like them. you need help, theres no doubt about it. your gonna have to tell your parents. they wont hate you if you tell them your going for help...they will be proud. not to scare you, but if you can continue that lifestyle, you would be lucky to end up like those bums. most likely all those drugs will eventually kill you.

Barkditch
You are 15, so chances are you haven't actually hit rock bottom. And trust me, keep going the way that you are, and you will, big time.
I started using drugs when I was 14 and it all culminated to be temporarily losing custody of my son and a spell in a psychiatric unit when I was 20.
Talk to your parents, chances are they already know and are very concerned about you.

punksk8er
do you like guys? well guys wont like you if you do drugs. they make you look really ugly. the also make you die sooner. i say do wat ever you can so you can quit asap!

CherryCheri
Rating
If you cannot admit your problem to those you know and love I honestly do not see how you can successfully treat yourself. It is good that you can admit it in a public forum...but you can easily turn away from said forum. If you are ever going to get better the first step is to get honest.

John625UK
Rating
Wow and you're 15...

Lets face it, you're into some serious drug use you're not going to just stop anytime soon. And if you try you'll probably fail which will then make the whole situation worse.

If you can go several days without doing any particular drug without feeling sick then you're not addicted which is a HUGE advantage. My advice would be to grow up and mature, take some responsibility for the decisions you've made. Continue to smoke weed and occasionally alcohol, the key is to do so RESPONSIBLY. Try to get away from the other stuff as much as possible, you don't need that **** and you can get just as high with pot without the need to mess with stuff that can actually kill you.

You have to learn to take control of your life, finish school and go to college. Just because you smoke pot and drink doesn't mean you don't have to finish school.

If you really want to turn things around you're going to have to find new friends. Obviously the crowd you are with now is responsible for your situation and they will continue to hold you back unless you leave them completely.

IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO TURN YOUR LIFE AROUND!

Ben H
If you love yourself and you love your parents you have to tell them. You will kill yourself if you don't. Don't worry about them being angry with you, the way I look at it, you will not be around much longer if you don't. You're worth it! So do the right thing.

If you work hard and get through it you can HELP others and be a huge positive influence in the community. There is never a shortage of people that need positive encouragement from someone who has shared their experience.

lilywildfire
Rating
You need to change your attitude if you want to change your life. I was in the same situation and I changed because I didn't want to be a loser for the rest of my life. Don't get me wrong, doing those things to expariment aren't wrong. But do you really want to be spending your grocery money on crack? Or what if you have a kid? Think about your future, if you continue and allow those things to controll you, you will no longer be in control of your own life. It also shows that you have little respect for yourself, and if you don't respect yourself, how is anyone else supposed to?

Alvin York
Rating
Yes, you have a drug problem. I did too, beginning when I was 16, back in 1973. My life has been pretty much wasted. I went into a 12 step program to get my life together. I am sober now. I hope you will get help. It is NOT too late.

Life is much better without drugs.

My nephew Josh is now sober for the last nine months. He is a very cool, hip guy with a long ponytail and he is in a rock band. He knows now how cool it is to be sober. Life is great! You need help to see it. I hope you will get help before you waste your life like I did.

But, even now, I am happy that I have quit drugs. It isn't too late for me either.

I hope you get off drugs and begin enjoying a good life. The sooner, the better.

gm
one of my friends just od ed i think you should get some help sure you dont want your parents to know but how are they going to feel when they get a call saying your dead and drugs are in your system.

Susan
Rating
GET HELP!!

Kevin
You are making a good move by admitting you have a problem. Since you are in school get the help there.
Good luck!

xm90
Rating
Please don't say that stopping now won't change anything. It can change your whole future which definitely is something! I know you think your parents would hate you, but they will be there to support you. You really need to get help. Good luck!

tanam73
Rating
I'm a recovering alcoholic. I've been sober for 10 1/2 months. I didn't even want to admit I was an alcoholic. My mom made me go to rehab (I was 33 and living with her when this happened) so I had to go or live on the streets. It was the best thing that ever happened to me. I did not want to get sober. I didn't think it would work because I loved to drink. LOVED to drink. But something happened when I was there (I was in for 4 months and 1 week) and now I can't imagine going back. It's not easy, and it takes a lot of courage, strength, and character to live a sober life. A LOT. If you feel like you'd want some help or just want to talk to someone to feel it out then call NA or AA. You can find it in the phone book. Someone can talk to you and they WILL NOT JUDGE YOU OR TELL YOUR PARENTS. If you feel you might want to go to rehab, someone can help you talk to your parents about it. There's no shame in being an addict or alcholic. The only shame is not getting help for it. It is a disease, but one that can be lived with gracefully. There is a better life for you out there, and you deserve the absolute best. Don't give up until the miracle happens!! Good luck and God bless you!

Havas nana
Rating
No you havent lost everything. you are still alive. stop now.

Answer Fairy
So find a local narcotics anonymous meeting. Or a teen narcotics anonymous meeting. Or even a womens only meeting. You can start finding help there without telling your parents. The fact that you are 15 isn't an issue. You don't have to tell them how old you are.

Poyâ„¢
GO TO REHAB!!! GET HELP!!! TALK TO SOMEBODY THAT CARES FOR YOU THEY CAN HELP YOU. YOU MIGHT DIE AT A EARLY AGE IF YOU KEEP THIS UP AND YOUR ONLY A SOPHOMORE IN HIGH SCHOOL. THATS BAD!!!! REALLY BAD!!!!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy