Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Jamie88
I dont want to grow up :(?
i feel like i haven thad a childhood and i was stripped opf my innocence at a very young age. now that i'm 19 and found someone who is like the mom i always wanted - just someone who would love me unconditionally and never hurt me - i want her to take care of me forever. i just wish i could go back in time and have met her when i was little... i'm so afraid b/c when i graduate college, i will be all alone again and she wont be able to take care of me. i really want the chance to have someone who wants to take care of me and look out for me... am i weird????

Another Knife In my Hands
Rating
Awwwww...you sound like Peter Pan! Well, I definatley feel your pain. I never had a mom role model when I was growing up because she never accepted me. I was always at a friends house, or at my aunts house, or in the PUBS! Yes...the pubs. I wish I could go back in time and have her and my father like me!!! That's why I don't live with them and I'm 16. Thank god for my friends!!! I would die without them! I also got to give props to all my animals! Well, I don't think your weird at all! I want to go to NEVERLAND!!!!!! XD But seriously I do! Good Luck!!! Hope I helped

Margot_28
No, you're not weird, because of what had happened to you at a young age. If you don't want to be alone, then you can have friends. But to tell you what, you must choose your friends very carefully. Now that you've grown, you must overcome all the things that burdens you. It would be an achievement if you do that. I hope my piece of advice has helped you with your problems... and I hope you're okay... ;-)

Demi
nope. in fact i know exactly what you mean. you can still be friends with her. so what if you've grown up. In fact being grown up means you can take charge of your own life so that's a good thing, not a bad thing.

DancingFool93
Rating
Noo.. your definately not weird.
I'm not in your situation, but i totally understand what you're saying.
There is nothing wrong with not wanting to grow up because of someone special..it's good that you have someone to trust and that cares about you, [and you care about them] .
I never got to see my mom until a few years ago, and i can't live with her..but i always want to be at her house....because now that i know her and can spend time with her i dont want to lose that....
=]

AWWW NASTY!
Rating
naw, you're just a toys'R'us kid

KathieJo
You need therapy and probably have needed it for quite some time. Get the help you've needed and get it soon. kjl

minnie mouse lol
Rating
your not weird or alone trust me and also just keep in touch with that person dont develope trust issues and build a wall and keep people out...never a good idea jsut let the past be the past and live your life as safe as possible and dont be afriad of being close to someone thats for sure focus on the future and live life to its fullest and enjoy every breath you take again your not weird at all =] i hope for the best for you jus tkeep in touch with the person you are close to now

poopp19
you have some attachment issues. im guessing your family didnt take very good care of yourself....and thats a hard thing to have gone through. look....from what i have learned so far is that no one and i mean no one has your back(no matter what they say)....your going to have to be strong and live your life and be happy...because you only get one shot at this. look ahead to the future and all the possibilities that lay ahead of you. if you focus and choose the right path the possibilities are great. good luck!

Neisa N
`No hunnn>>> ur not weird and sorry to hear about what happen adn trust me ur not alone alott of people are like this >>>

KEL <3
no your totally not weird at all.
i know exactly how you feel! although i had a very good childhood, i dont want to grow up either! my family is the most loving family i could ever want, and its a huge family so i have more love than i know what do with. i feel like i am at an ahmmazing place right now in my life and i dont ever want to let it go. and in a little over a year, ill be graduating high school and that terrifies me, i never want to leave. i love being at school, i have awesome friends and amazing teachers and i just cant bare to leave it all behind. i wishh i could freeze my life how it is now, because i feel so taken care. although i know that there are many great things too come. like getting married and having a wonderful loving family of my own, that join my with my big family to create an enormous pool of love!!

sorry for my rambling just trying to express my feelings. i know it sounds different, but my feelings are the same. i know that you dont want to let go of the life you have right now; but just know that the love you are feeling from the people in your life right now will never change and that you too also have many great things to look forward too!! and that someday you will have your own family and your have the warm feeling all overr again!!

♫¤ღy!α pRıη⊂εςς HATES PRETEENS
Rating
Nah, that's not weird. And you've got to realize not everyone at there had the perfect, All-American childhood. I sure didn't. :(

Maybe you should look into getting a significant other? A boyfriend (or girlfriend) is definetly someone who will love and care for you

d_macgowan
Rating
You are not weird. I am in my 40s and still trying to find the parents I never had. Even though I know it will never happen, I still grieve over the childhood that I wish I'd had.

lost in the world
Rating
no of course not everyone wants someone who cares for them just try staying close with that person an dtry talking to them, good luck,hope i helped

MockingMovieStars101
there is no problem with that. at least u can trust this special person.

scallywag468
yes you are a weirdo and a weiner.

Mr.Advice
"Worry is what robs today of its beauty"
take advantage that you have her now
you can't go back...its just plain fact...but what you can do is appreciate everyday that you have her NOW...in the present, or else your just not absorbing the time you have with her fully...

Jack G
Rating
u aint weird, but dude u cant let the past control u

ALFimzadi
Rating
I definitely think you should get some therapy...otherwise you are going to have attatchment issues with anyone else like this person.

blahhh
Rating
definitly not weird. if uve felt alone for most of your life of course you want to hold on to the love and care you get when you finally get it.. but that person that loves you will always b ther for you, even if u go to college. you cant remain a "kid" for ever, but that doesnt mean the relationship between u and the person who is like ur mom has to change.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, February 3, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy