Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

I have a constant headache, i feel dizzy and my neck and jaw hurts. this has been going on for about a month?
im paranoid i have a brain tumour or something....

Drinking whilst on Prozac?
You can't drink alcohol whilst on Prozac, does anyone know the reason for this?
Additional Details
Serious answers please?...

Can drug addiction be cured?
Hi All

Just broke off my engagement recently b/c my fiancee turned out to be a pill popping drug fiend. She refuses to seek help, has all of the classic symptims..liar..cant hold a job.....

Could my boyfriend have an anger problem?
whenever i say my opinion about something and he doesnt wanna hear it he tells me to shut my mouth or he's gonna break it. And one time i left my purse on the table and he was looking through it ...

Where do you go when you want to give up on life, to just lay down and quit?
Life is out of control right now and I am losing the energy it takes to tread water. Not looking to " kill myself" I just feel defeated and tired through the core. Where do I go to just ...

If someone answers your question by stating that they are a health care professional...?
Do you have a tendency to rely on their answers more so than those of people with personal experience alone? Why or Why not?
Additional Details
Thank you all for your answers. The ...

How do u stop cussing!?

Are u stupid?
do you have mental ...

Do any of you have 'issues' which you need to work on?
Come on spill to Auntie Barneyboy, I promise not to laugh.
Additional Details
Please stop spilling now people, you are making me cringe, have any of you thought you need to be on the J...

Am I being abused? (I asked this same question in relationships section, just want more answers)?
I think I am being abused. I have been in a relationship with this guy for 5 months now, and he makes me feel bad. He criticizes how I dress, my hair, my weight , my shoes, even the way I WALK or DRIN...

Why am i so giddy?
i'm 31, should be past this......

Whats wrong with her?
there is this lady i know who controls her husband, who is never happy, she complains about everything and doesn't want to listen to anything, she is 30 years old but when you tell her she is ...

How do you stop caring what others think about you?
I don't know why I am obsessed with it....

How do i get out of depression?
im 15 and have suffered depression for about 5 years. my mum thinks im making it up but i get depressed all the time, exams, falling out with someone or even a bad day at school, i get suicidal and ...

Should i be completely honest with my therapist or save the embarrassment?
I've just started seeing a therapist for my social anxiety disorder. She asked if I had any friends and I lied and said I have two. I don't have any friends at all and kind of never did, I...

I think i have lost the plot?
seriously - help
Additional Details
im in love with a guy thats no good really and i cant end it, i think about him 24/7, am i insane?...

You won't believe what my husband does when he walks in his sleep.?
Someone please offer me some advice.. my husband frequently gets up froma sound sleep and urinates in the weirdest places (none of which is the toilet). He does not remember doing it . I'm ...

How can I best deal with my depression without medication and health insurance?

I uhhh think i want some help from all of you?
im 13 and im obsseed with either cutting my self, choking myself until i cnt get a breath in, and jabbing really sharp saftey pins in my fingers and wrists. id like some help from you, not a doctor, ...

Does this ever bother anyone else?
Okay, so i will be watching TV at night and then I come upstairs to go to bed. I turn all of the lights off downstairs and then go up the steps, but I have to run up the steps because I get scared ...

RanchLady
I do not understand why my mother lies. She has taken it to the extreme, telling us that she is dying. Why?
Mother is 81. Has endured two cancer battles and won. We have moved her in with us because she was becoming rude to her neighbors and sister. She is active.
Her choice of men throughout her life has always been married men with her being friends of the wives. She has always been dishonest. She use to be abusive to my two sisters. Pulling them over backwards and beating them. Or just slapping their faces.
She now is telling the family that she is dying due to lung cancer. She has pain patches and pain pills that she implied were for the control of the cancer pain. I requested that we visit the Dr about how I was to take care of her. We found out that there was no biopsy and the Dr did not think that the small node was cancer. He told us that the pain meds were at her request for back pain from a prior surgery! Even though she sat in and heard everything, she still tells all that she has cancer. She has found out that I am telling all the truth and gets mad. whats wrong?

AsianPersuasion :)
It sounds to me like she wants attention. Hell, she is old, her life is about over, what better does she have to do? I mean, really?

Child of God
put a plastic bag over her head and push her down the stairs.

Paula
Rating
Try to understand her, its maybe her age and wants all the attention she can get before she really passes away..I guess if you know none of the things she has said are true just follow her line, make jokes out of it... because once she is gone you are going to regret not spending or listening to her. Well God bless, and remember she is your mother. Take care.

Mightymo
Rating
Unfortunately your mother has a problem. All her life she took and took, never giving and the problem is, when they get older they just get more demanding. You are the one who gets the brunt of it all and I really feel for you. But there's not much you can do, she's always let a deceitful life, that's her character.
If you can afford it and you can use her pension and ask the government for assistance, get her out of your immediate life.
It will make you miserable and in the end the old b...will outlive you. Good Luck!

Jessiekatsopolous
Sometimes old people just "know" when they have a fatal illness. Maybe she is one of them.

Kelly Bundy
well why do you lisen

poisonivy4913
Rating
Maybe you and I are related? My mother is a lying woman who seems to enjoy causing sorrow and trouble wherever she goes. I have a theory that she is Bi polor or something like that. She even once tried to have my son taken by spreading lies. I no longer have anything to do with her. She was abusive when I was younger, and I spent much of my childhood in foster homes. She has a serious problem that she refuses to see, or care about, so I figure the Heck with her. Get on with your life. She is not worth any of your time. Good Luck!

liddle_angel
Aww. you mom is crying for attention and this is the only way she can get it...very sad...maybe she remembers how bad she was to everyone and feels that the only way she can get attention is to lie about her health, because she knows what a bad person she was and doesn't expect any attention elsewise...No matter how bad she was or is...she is still your mom....she is a bitter old woman but your mom...Try to forgive her, because needless to say, when she is gone, she is gone...

themeindzeye
It sounds like she's suffering from Alzheimers. People act irrationally when they get old and their mind starts deteriorating. She may also be a compulsive liar and overall just not a very nice person. No telling without a psychological evaluation.

paola r
Rating
lies are a sikness and she is crying out for more attention, she is old now

carmen d
Rating
I took care of my mother for 17 tears till she passed away at the age of 70. She was always a strong woman and due to numerous leg and hip surgeries she became dependent on the aid of others "meaning me". My brother and sister live in another town, not far about an hour away, so I mainly took care of her and they visited not often about every 7 weeks for about 3 hours. My mother needed to be in charge and once accused me of abuse to which she admitted it was a lie.
Strong women need to be needed. Maybe your mother needs the attention that in her mind she deserves due to her age and the fact that she has had some illnesses. Have you thought that maybe, she might know that her lung is possibly cancerous, sometimes we have a gut feeling about these things. I wish you and your mother well, and send up a prayer for you also. I know how hard it is to care for the woman who carried and raised you, even if her way of raising children is not yours. I hope I at least helped a little. You know there are meetings for children who care for their elderly parents, they might have some ideas that can help.

heidi the ghosthunter
maybe she's lied so often that she cant remember what the truth is anymore....or she's doing it for ATTENTION!
compulsive lying is a horrible thing to live with & you have my every sympathy
good luck

witchfromoz2003
Rating
My friend had a similar experience with her mother before she passed away.
I think it is an attention getter.
Just let her ramble on.
You know the truth.
Keep an eye on her though as one day she may be telling you the truth

thesunnshynne
Well she is old. You only have one mother. She needs love and attention at this point in her life. Enjoy her while she is on this earth, i lost my mother a month ago, she had lung cancer, and i wish it would have been a lie, i would listen 2 her lie a million times just 2 hear her voice again. Oh and one more thing sometimes elders know when they are dying. So let her know how much u love her.

Mar
Rating
She needs a good dose of reality. Have the family get together and tell her that you all know the truth and how you feel about the way she treats you. Make sure it is a loving environment and don't be condescending or she will feel like she is being attacked.

hard to know
Rating
PLEASE EXCUSE MY SPELLING, VERY SORRY, my girlfriend suggests " CHECK OUT ALZIEMERS", her grandmother was the very same... best of luck , hope everything works out for you.

Slartibartfast
She is 81.
Someone has mentioned in an answer that her life is almost over.

What a load of cods.
She sounds as strong as an old boot.

You've got her around for years yet.
Hard luck.

logic
sounds like a sociopath. research antisocial personality disorder

straight_a_blonde
She just is trying to pull more attention to herself, and sympathy. she needs to either:

~See a phychiatrist
~Mental health pills
~Live in a nursing home
~Live in an assissted living home
~Go to the asylum

If you get the 1st two and the last one you will have no more problems.

Ms. Denton Lone Star â„¢
She might be having one of those elderly illnesses.

Crystal I
Rating
Have you ever thougt maybe she's saying she is dying b/c she really wants too?Maybe she has thought about the stuff she has done throughout her life and decided that maybe she just needs to die b/c of all the awful things she has done. If im wrong then im wrong but i know i have made some really bad decisions in life and wanted to just die then.

bizkit_
Rating
If she is still in good physical condition, then it's just a way to draw attention, she feels neglected... It happened in my family too with my grandfather... after a year he died

Groover_84
Rating
She wants attention she wants people to feel sorry for her and she sounds like a hyprocodricate my mom is not as yours but she is always "SICK" i just ignore her. good luck

petesdarkangel
When people get your mom's age they do things like that. Sometimes just for attention. I cared for my mom too and it wasn't easy.Love her while she's here.

desigal
Your mother is 81 years old and has endured two cancer battles, that can make anyone very mad at life, maybe she needs attention, which can explain her lies like cancer. Maybe she has always been rude and did bad things because of the experience of her life. She may had to go through bad times when she was younger and you don't know much about her. Try to confront her and tell her that you are there for her. You are her loved one, so try to understand her more and hopefully she will too about you.

mimi
Rating
If she has been attacked by cancer 2 times already, she must be suffering from mental disturbness. Yes, she is quite disturbed by this unsettled way of living her life, and at this age, elders need to rest, I dont know why she is telling you that she is dying, but it is a sign that she is tired and fed up with the way she fought to survive. Its not very normal and I advice u to contact a special doctor. She may think that she is ending her life soon...

I hope she recovers soon,
Bye.
:)

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, July 26, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy