Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Smoking Marijuana...HABIT or ADDICTION??

What do you do when your spooked and alone?
My boyfriend leaves for work at 3am and I ususally wake up when he leaves and since I am alone in the house I sometimes get really creeped out and spooked... partially because I am really sensitive ...

How to avoid sleeping in class?
i've tried sleeping early, but that doesn't work.other ways?...

How do i get over my fear of death?

Is depression deadly?

How is life 4 people out there?

Additional Details
for anyone and ...

There's a guy works down the chip shop swears he's Elvis!?

Why do i wake up in the morning...?
and not feel like doing anything, i just feel like nothing is worth it, im not gonna kill myself, and this isnt a cry for attention i would just like some opinions ...

Im a rape victim, what can i do?
last year i was raped, now i find myself having commitment issues, i dunno wot to do.. does anyone have any ideas to help me get over it except for therapy
Additional Details

Please help i am becoming an alcoholic how do i stop!?
I am starting to drink anything alcoholic in the ...

I'm so scared?!?
I heard pounding somewhere out of my house. What should I do?...

When you are depressed, what do you do to feel better?
I mean sometimes I listen to music or throw things or even break things (by accident), but I want to know what helps everyone else feel better?...

Okay really embarasing.................. can't help it...
Um, I am like, mentally stable, don't worry.........but I am sooooooooo scared of people. Like, when I see people I don't know.I like hide, or totally try and ignore them. they just SCARE...

What's Bipolar Disorder?
I know it's a mental disease,but what does it ...

I was raped by my bf best friend but im scrd to tell my bf cuz he might do somin crazy?

Is marijuana as bad as everyone says it is???
i used to smoke marijuana to calm myself down, and also so i can sleep at night. Are there really all those bad side effects?...

Why is loneliness the most painful thing in life?
I have many friends and am a teacher but I feel so alone. I have bipolar and have struggled to cope. I also lost mum when I was 19 and find it difficult to trust that others will not leave me too if I...

Would u let michael jackson into ur home?

Additional Details
with ur ...

Is it bad if you smoke marijuana because you have an anxiety disorder and it helps you feel less anxious?

School makes me want die?
im a senior and school just started but i cant do it im failing because i hardly go. i tried pot and it scares me how much better school is but i dont remember what happen in school and i like that ...

omgitsjaz
I cut myself. Again!?
Here's my previous question:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AtwC7YdaL8RQbMh5WwUX473ty6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20080420090931AAh5eqY

Yesterday i was ok. But then i spoke with my boyfriend and got really upset. I started cutting myself again.
There was no blood, but this time the lines are still there.
I'm really scared that i'm gonna keep doing it when i get upset. I sometimes feel like killing myself.
I think there's something wrong with me. What should i do?
thanks
Additional Details
I never said i have a really nice body. EVER.
I asked a question "how do you know if a guy is using you for your body?"

Kourtney M
Rating
Please get some help. If you have health insurance, contact them and ask for referals.

singsongvoce
First of all, how old are you!?
Because if you're still young and from your picture, I'd say you're not ugly at all. So you have absolutely no reason to get upset over this boyfriend of yours. If he's giving you a hard time, dump his *** and go out and have a great time with your girlfriends. The ol' saying that there are plenty of other fish in the sea is pretty much true y'know.
If you're aware that what you're doing is harmful in a way then why the hell are you doing it? I cut myself when I was 15 (19 now) and I still have scars from it and trust me, they're not something you wanna have around with you, seeing as how they will constantly remind you of just how stupid you've been.

Hopefully what I said helped. If not, actually find someone to talk to, not some random stranger online but someone you can have a proper conversation to face to face.

JM
you need to tell someone and seek professional help. unfortunately cutting is rarely something you can stop on your own. please get help before you do some serious damage. best wishes

Lola L
Rating
Honey you need some help! this will only become worse and get out of control. You are doing harm to your self...when he gets you mad you should cut him instead!lol sheesh he isnt worth you scaring your body!!!

david s
Rating
I have a friend that has done this .. and still does it.

All i can do for her is talk about it. and try help her. So you really need to talk to someone. A close friend or a family member.

I would also try get some professional help,

Maybe try other ways to get your anger out. Like hitting a punch bag. something like that.

If you are cutting yourself alot you will need to talk to someone.. As soon as you can.

4honey
There is NOTHING WRONG with you. My guess is that you are a teenager? It's tough. I've been there. You need to talk to a counselor at school or someone that you trust so they can direct you to professional help. You are lacking coping skills. You need to learn what to do in these situations when you feel like causing yourself harm. Don't be ashamed to ask for help. You are being the bigger person by doing this. It is very important for your mental health.

usagi
i think you need to talk someone who can understand you like GOD. God's love you .PRAY TO GOD once i was like you i also cut my hair when I'm angry to some one may be not like you. you cut your self sorry i only cut my hair I'm scared on blood.

mr.bixby
When you get the blood you get the deep scars that I still have today from cutting myself 12 years ago. Life isn't that dramatic, I've been through some therapy and understand how to handle my emotions in less destructive ways and maybe that could work for you.
Save the drama for your mama, as I was told back then.

toddler
Rating
Tell your mom

amersunshine
Rating
get help. ask your self why are you seeking attention. because if you were a real cutter there would have been blood. please get help. wake up from lala land

Still_21_nheart
Again you need a lot of therapy. Apparently you do not know how to enjoy yourself and being by yourself. Do you have friends? I suspect that someone close to you (parents,guardian) has always kept you from the negative ways of society. That is not good. Bad things happen in life like breakups and other experiences but people still move on with their lives. I hope you find a lot of friends and learn how to enjoy yourself. email me sometimes whether its good or bad everyone else does.

Erica D
Rating
im in ur sam situation...w-e u do dont carve his name in ur arm ull be stuk with it 4 ever ...like me i have (NiCk, and TrAvIs) in mine..my getting help ..wel i cant awse that cuz i havnt got any myself so im sry

Party Girl
get help.when your upset think twice before you do this.

Hitokun
Rating
i would suggest taking out ur anger in different ways, some of which are:

yelling (not at a person but just yelling)
punching a pillow
count backwards from 5
and so on...

also having a hobby such as football, basketball, martial arts, ect. is usually a good way to forget about the problems you are having at that moment

icemon010
yes, u need help u maybe suffering from manic depression its a serious thing
maybe u shouldn't date until u resolve this issue it can become worst
or maybe u are a spoil attention brat but u need 2 find out with professional help ASAP

you asked
my advice which would really help you out is, go to the emergency room and tell them exactly what you have said on here and show them your cut marks.

seanmarson
Rating
Yes dear.. there is something wrong and you need to talk to someone about it.. Clearly how you feel inside is now showing itself on the outside when you cut yourself. This isn't normal behavior and is self destructive.

There will be a reason you feel like you do and this needs to be talked about.. go and see your Doctor and explain how you feel right now and why you cut yourself.. hopefully you will put in touch with someone who can make you feel better about yourself and the world around you.

Good luck.. and remember. the light at the end of the tunnel actually might be you.

Sean

ABCD
talk to a FRIEND not a parent they wont understand. well if you want then okay but tell a friend that you can trust to talk you out of it. i told my best friend before and she was supportive and talked me out of it ( kinda )

if one of your friends knows then just tell them you want to stop but you dont know what to do

davidclark_korn
u need to stop and take a deep breath..i know how heartbreak can feel. taking a crow bar to the shin can hurt like hell..but when someone u love more than anything in the world says they dont love u back..u rather take that crow bar to ur head and be put out of misery....but u dont have kill urself..its not the way to go...i think u should turn to music..its a real useful tool for me...i dont know if u already listen to it...some good songs for being strong is never too late by three days grace. i'm ready and la la lie by jack's mannequin..dont give up..think of all the ppl who will miss u.

☆Life Lover©☆
Rating
You are so pretty.....(I copied your pic and enlarged! oops..sorry!) and guys still dump you!!??

Come on!! Give me thier number!! Tell me thier address!!
I'll find them basturds and kick some ****!!!

Meanlove
Rating
Honey, it sounds like you need to see a therapist. This isn't right that you're hurting yourself. Believe it or not I've been in this situation before when I was 16. It was over a boy. I didn't feel worthy to him. We slept together and afterwards he didn't talk to me. I felt like maybe I wasn't good enough for him and other guys might think so too. I was on antidepressants and seeing a therapist once a week. If your bf is upsetting you, you need to consider breaking up w/ him. Trust me there are plenty of guys out there that could make you happy. I later on learned that. Pls, don't let yourself feel like it's the end of the world, talk to someone. I hope this made sense.

kkaospixie
Rating
I know it sounds similar.. but a "cutter" is really not suicidal, at least not usually.
Cutting is a way of releasing pain inside but killling yourself is a whole different thing. Honey you are only going to cover yourself with scars and that is the ONLY thing cutting is good for.
Take the hand that you grab the blade with and grab a PEN and instead of stabbing yourself with it, free write on a piece of paper... and then burn it. You'll feel better, your emotions will be out, and there's nothing left to remind you of it.

stickyfgzz
Rating
if u thinl in cuttin yourself again please dont waste the blood go to a doctor and tell him u want to donate your blood u may not get a cut, but u wont b wasting any blood either take care and enjoy and learn to luv life

-*-*pink suga*-*-
Rating
I'm going to tell you something from someone who used to do that.
When I was in HS, I was going through a lot. my parents were getting a Divorce, I was having trouble with friends, keeping up grades, guys etc..
I went into Depression mode. I would cut myself to make to pain go away.i used to have these little ugly @$$ scars on my arms and one on my leg. They're lighter now but its still a reminder of how stupid it was to do that.
Please try to get some help. at least talk to a counselor at school or someone from ur church.

i dont know who i am?
Rating
you need to get some help working through your issues i think you maybe depressed, dont worry about the relationships mine dont last long and have hardley had any at all, but one day someone who deserves you will come along

shag1233
Rating
Why cut yourself, its not going to make anything better. Doing that is somewhat selfish, you are not think of the family and friends you are hurting. When the knfie hits your skin it doesn't only cut you, it cuts down your friends and family knowing that they can't, or you won't let them, help you. The is no blood because you are mostly likely cutting into just the dermis. But anyway killing yourself is only taking the easy way out. It is living with the struggles and the hard times that make us better, I am not a cutter but I have had those thoughts when I was younger, you need to talk to someone. There is nothing wrong with YOU. You are depressed its something people get it is not something that you are responsible for. Just the fact that you but this out on the internet is the first step to asking for help. Now do what you did here, but to a family member or a friends, and they can get you the help you need.

Phinnies
Rating
First suggestion, don't listen to folks that automatically assume you are okay and just aren't handling your teenager years badly. They don't realize that "cutting" is a sign of Borderline Personality Disorder which is a SERIOUS issue. BPD can escalate to suicide so please get help. See a psychiatrist....if you have to, start with your school counselor for guidance.

If desperate, email me and I can try to help it what limited ways I can. I have BPD which was ignored for 20 plus years.....I'm still here and grateful to God alone for this fact. Email me if you need.... phinnies@hotmail.com.

Bobby Brown
Rating
lol arent you the girl who said that you have a really nice body and that guys use you for it? or so you think?

Try, um, not cutting yourself? Now, it may seem hard to not graba razor/sharp object and press it against your skin. But It's actually fairly easy.

You should spend less time on the computer and spend more time going outside, enjoying physical activities like running, biking, playing basketball, or whatever fun stuff you can do wherever the hell you live.

WhizKid
Rating
Cutting is a coping mechanism. See site below for help with it and to help you be a happier person.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy