Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

I am feeling very depressed and want to die. help?
i was standing on the top floor of a multi story car park on saturday and felt like jumping off but my gf was there and she stopped me and took me home. i fear she might leave me because... well i ...

How do you know if your depressed ?

Am i a little paranoid?
i am pretty cautious about the internet i mean i think this website would be a good way to meet people it's just you hear so much about stalkers and everything i'm afraid ...

What do you do when you are really depressed to fell better?
besides the obvious of taking meds and seeking therapy

did you ever try swimming in very cold water then taking a hot shower, then back in the cold water

this isn't ...

If you had to commit suicide, how would you do it?
Not that I am suicidal, but I know how I would-lots of sleeping pills and pain killers....

I feel humiliated?
my mum had the front of our house painted bright, sunshine yellow. itr is soooooo ridiculous and humiliating. it is more noticeable because it is a double fronted house of a terraced street.'ve ...

How do I keep myself from napping?
I've gotten into the bad habit of taking naps at around 4 in the afternoon and want it to stop. I just get really grouchy when I don't and extremely bored. What can I do to occupy that ...

Is anyone else still up?
Its almost 2am! I should so be sleeping right now because I work in the morning. ahhhhh....

Serious question about coping with depression?
What do you do when you feel depressed?? I only want people to answer if they seriously have ever been depressed, not just pious people who think they have the right cheeky answers. I get depressed ...

How do I finally free myself from depression?
I have suffered for 13 years, had counselling, various medication, CBT etc.... when will it all end?...

Should I commit suicide?
I am REALLY thinking about suicide. Nothing is going right. I was in the middle of suffocating myself, and then my boifriend at the time had called, and i had told him I was going to kill myself, and ...

What is wrong with me?
I have this personal issue with myself that I think is immature, unfair and greedy. I found out one of my friends is pregnant, it made me really mad and jealous. Also any one of my friends that get ...

Scary . help please.?
um .
so much happened in 13 years of my life.
my dad had a stroke , he's currently in the hospital . ive been accused of stealing , my mom got sued like 600 with financial difficulties ...

When does a person become becomes happy in life?

Lack of sleep?
wat happend if u dont sleep??...

Why do I do this?
I seem to be addicted to self destruction. I seem to constantly to want to put myself in bad situations, hurt myself and od frequently. Why do I keep doing this to myself. The latest thing I appear ...

I think I have a mental disorder, who can I talk to????
I always thought that I had OCD. It isn't because I like to clean or anything, it is just the compulsive habits and stupid obsessions that made me think it. I recently read an article on it ...

Is there anything wrong with self harm?
Its not as if its hurting anyone else....

What are people still doing up at this deadly hour????

Well..., black ppl scare me?
help how do i not be scarred of black ppl

i cant help it i just think theyre gonna stab me or sumthin

wat can i do 2 get over this cuz its makin things bad 4 me....

Mikle j
I cant sleep...?
i have my hours mixed up. i sleep in the day and a stay up in the night. no matter how hard i try i cant get my hours turned around!!!! i need some help with this delima. so please... HELP ME!!!!!!

Doc
Rating
Get a daytime job that you need to get up in the morning for.
Don't stay up to late or you will be to tired for work.

mjkinoh
Either do what Kenny said or get a night job.

cb56br
I don't know your age, but if you're over 18, try to use an alarm clock for the morning time, get up, even if you're still sleepy. Keep yourself busy during the day, avoid naps, wash your face to awake every time you feel like sleeping. Go to bed around 10 or 11 pm and it will fix you up.

liddle_angel
Rating
The only way is to FORCE yourself to get up early everyday at the same time..then..no caffiene after say twelve noon everyday..take a nice hot shower or bath to relax...you'll get your days and nights straightened out soon

juspreet
Rating
in the day avoid sleeping, strreach yourself to stay awake and in the night do something boring like reading a book. you need to work hard for a few days to change your habit.

mystique133333
This is difficult, but I work midnight shift and sometimes I need to switch it around to being up in the day. What I do is sleep for 3 or 4 hours and make myself get up, that way I am tired at night time and can go to bed and be up in the morning. Then you just try to stick with going to bed at the same time everynight. Eventually it will stick and you will be back on track. The first couple nights may be difficult but don't give up. Your body needs to adjust to the new schedule.

thekrasanders
try to keep your self busy in day time (exercise,take care of your house inside +outside,work) hopefully you will tired when night time come, that or take sleeping peels .

I AM KENNY
just stay up for 2 days straight! you might get pissed off easily from lack of sleep but its worth it.

PMS 24-7
Rating
Buy some Melatonin and take 2, and go to bed at a decent hour. Make sure the room is dark, cool and quiet. No tv or radio on. Find something to do in the daytime to keep busy and DON'T go to sleep. If you feel like you have to sleep in the day, take a nap but not for the whole day. In time you should get straightened out.

cwillhitephs
Find some sleeping medication to take before you go to sleep. I'm on it it helps me.

adamsjrcn
Rating
Proper sleep hygiene is a good start

same as above
Seek professional help!

laji
Rating
If you are over 21 try few drinks of Rum and Coke before heavy dinner.After a while you will be back to normal sleeping habits.But call me if you get drinking problem.

Abhishek Joshi
Rating
Start the turn around slowly, only fifteen minutes at a time. If you can’t sleep don’t get agitated, as it would further push away the sleep, pick up a small and easy book to read, rather than switching on TV or internet.

Go slow on stimulants like Tea, coffee, TV or loud music, in the evenings; at bedtime try some warm milk.

Try some kind of meditation or breathing practices, pranayama exercise at bedtime to calm the mind. When your mind starts feeling relaxed and you will drift into your sleep zones easily and that too normal hours!

keepingthefaith
NO!! BUT THANK YOU!!

cloudy
Rating
try to plan all interesting stuff that u like to do & keep nights for boring chores like cleaning up room, getting your cupboards in order etc. mind needs to get psyched that u have all boring things to do at night, nothing interesting to look forward to. see some nice movies during the day, keep the tv fixed on some boring channels for the night. u just need to slowly wean yourself off these nocturnal staying awake habit. don't expect miracles in a day or two give yourself atleast a week.

Daft One
Hey hunny I have exactly the same thing as you. I stay awake til about 6am, and I sleep til 2 or 3 pm. It is a night-owl schedule. There is nothing wrong with being a night owl, especially if you have a graveyard shift job. However if you have a daytime job, then I suggest some *over the counter* sleeping pills, or maybe even some prescription sleeping pills (talk to your doctor). My suggestion would be to take the sleeping pills only long enough to get your sleeping schedule straight (1-2 weeks) then Stop taking the pills. You don't want to be depending on sleeping pills for the rest of your life. If you do have to *depend* on sleeping pills, the I would suggest some good herbal ones called Valerian. Or melatonin pills. Melatonin gave me headaches though, so ask your doctor about melatonin before taking them. Good Luck To You Hunny!

nachiketan2001
Rating
dont take the naps for couple of days..you have made it into a habit..for reversing it..train your body and mind to stay awake at daytime..and to have sleep at night..Dont dwell on insomania and what if thoughts..just get the basics right..skip the daytime nap..and at evening have a walk outside if you can..instead of thinking of failing to sleeping on right time..think of other things..invest your daytime on activities..that'd keep you busy..it can be done..reversed..so dont worry..

Aarti
Rating
I too had a sleep problem, am a light sleeper and could not sleep during nights. Tried medication for a while. But for long term try to relax before you go to bed. Read a book, listen to music, avoid tv, caffiene. Exercise, but not too late in the evening as that energises you and you can't sleep again. And STOP sleeping during the day. Maybe your sleep requirement is less. Plus do not keep awake thinking all night, God I can't sleep! If problem persists, get medication for 2 - 3 weeks from a doc. Once you start your sleep pattern with that at night, you can give up the medicine!That's whats worked for me.So good luck and happy sleeping:))

™Spaceman™
Rating
force yourself to stay awake during the day

aditi
Rating
Don't sleep during day.Try reading books and work a bit more than ur normal schedule.By the end of the day u'll probably feel tired and u may get proper sleep at night.

MM
just concentrare on u r sleep

mysticalflyingsquirrel
Rating
your body clock is messed up and it is very difficult to get it back online. i know its hard but you have to try to stay awake during the day. stay away from your home for a whole day and stay busy until nitetime. you will sleep at night if you havent slept all day. it took me weeks of doing this to fiinally get my body to realize that it was NOT allowed to sleep in the day. good luck.

Eric C
Rating
Watch a Shaquille O'Neal interview. By the time he finishes answering a question you'll be fast asleep I promise.

jenn87
Rating
Set your alarm and slowly decrease the hours you sleep during the day. Eventually you should be tired at night from lack of sleep during the day.Try some hot herbal tea (without caffeine) at night & cut out caffeine all together. If this does not help see a doc. They can help you with the insomnia you are experiencing.

SUEZETTE
tylenol pm works wonders

debbu
Rating
i will go with KINNEY for that one ..........i faced such a prob. my self due to my crazyness for games...

Arun K
Rating
If you sleep during the day then how can you sleep in the night. If you are intent on sleeping in the night then I don't think it should be a big problem. You atleast understand your problem. You have to change your sleep cycle. To do that you must engage in some vigorous activity through the day so that even if you feel sleepy during the day your activity does not allow it. Starting with the morning hours, early in the day start doing some excercises, long walks, going to gym, yoga or any physical activity at least for an hour. Thereafter get into some other activity, like attending a course of study, going out of your house and keeping yourself busy till late evening. If you do this for a couple of days and make sure that you do not sleep during the day I think you should be able to change your sleep cycle.

Shali
wat?

kaszika
Rating
Kenny is right!

lighthouse_halo
Getting a good night sleep matters as much as eating right and exercising. It can help us fight disease, concentrate on work or home, feel ready to start our day and renew our bodies ability to function. On the flip side, a lack of quality sleep can put us at greater risk for depression, poor health and even accidents. It's up to you to take control of your sleeping. Good ways to help you get the deep sleep that our bodies need are listed here so you can put these into practice. Go to sleep and wake up at the same time each day. Start and end the day with meditation. Make sure you release all negative energy. Start and end the day with a heart of thanks - find things in your life to be thankful and why you are blessed. Avoid alcohol and caffine. Watch what you eat. Some foods may cause you restlessness or insomnia. If you notice any problems, avoid those foods. Create a relaxing bedtime routine such as candlelite in a fire safety container, soft music to drift off to sleep. Get out of bed if you're not sleeping. Take a walk after dinner. Walk until everything seemsclear. About six (6) blocks or one (1) mile. Take a warm bubbly bath or comfortable hot soaks in such as Lavender Batherapy natural mineral bath. (the scent helps to relax the body). Use a pillow mist such as zzz therapy by Healing Gardens (chamelion and vanilla; or lavender) or the aroma of vanilla and/or lavendar will help your body slumber. If needed use an eye pillow or eye sleep mask to keep the light out. If you're still having trouble sleeping after doing all this, I'll teach you another trick that will put your body into deep sleep without pills.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, June 13, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy