Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

I have a very strange, kind of sick secret. is this realy a bad thing?
I have been thin all my life. I am very attractive. But then I had kids and put on a lot of wieght. I am fat and unattractive now. But here is the wierd sick thing. I secretly like being fat. sure I ...

I am ready to kill myself?
i constantly get made fun of. i get called fat i get called ugly and i don't even know what happy really is anymore. people call me fat to my face and i don't know what to say back. my &...

If you punch an arm or leg hard enough, could it break?
Or would it just leave a bad bruise?...

What do you miss about your childhood?
I miss all my legos......

What's the secret of happiness?
Serious answers please - I have suffered on and off with depression all my life, and never seem to able to enjoy my life and be happy with what I've got. How does everyone else manage it?...

I'm 19 and I still watch Telitubies.What is wrong with me?
I dont have children....

Why can't i stop skipping classes?
i just dont care about school anymore. i know when i dont go to class i'm going to get caught but i still do it. some times i just end up comming for one period. my mum knows i do it, and she ...

What or who made you laugh this week?

Additional Details
I love Extras with Ricky Gervais, he makes me laugh out ...

14 and depressed?
For probably a 2-3 years I have been feeling increasingly depressed. There has been no trigger for the depression to start, nothing bad has happened to me, and yet I feel so unhappy. My depression ...

Have you ever had the kind of day where you want to stay inside the house and not face the world at all?

I Need to Die?
I tried ti kill myself months ago with out sucess. This time I plan to go to work on Monday and then when I finish work on monday stay in a B&B and then on tuesday I'm on a course and when I...

Your opinions on suicide?
Have you ever tried to commit suicide?

Was it a real and failed attempt or a cry for help? And do you get p****d off with people who say it's selfish? (For those who dont know it is ...

Am i crazy?
i talk to myself. i dont do any thing bad. i'm depressed and hate life. i've had eating disorders. i cant trust any one. thats why i'm asking you, cause you dont know who i really am....

I am 5'7, and I have no confidence in myself because I am too tall...what do I do to feel good about myself
When I am around my friends I feel weird cause I am the tallest one there, and I dont feel comfertable around them. I am so worried, what can I do??
Additional Details

Suicide methods?
Can someone please tell me the quickest way to do this - have tried cutting my wrists but I can seem to cut deep enough - please dont try to talk me out of it I've had enough i want to go - ...

Is it illegal to commit suicide?

What do you do when your mad?

Have you got Alzeimer's - try this test - it's wicked!!?
Count the "F's" in the following text and let me know how many you got then I'll reveal the answer to you:

FINISHED FILES ARE THE RE-
SULT OF YEARS OF SCIENTIF-

My friend is turning into a huge sl*t and is doing drugs. I'm trying to make hers top but nothing is working!
My good friend is doing drugs and becoming a big sl*t. I want her to stop being that way but nothing seems to be working! I used to be suicidal and she knows this so I told her that if she doesn'...

I am a victim of rape. I have lived with the guilt for about 6 months. Is there ne way I can get over it fast?

wolfpeaceful
I called upon the Lord to save me from my depression, but he hasn't. Why not?
Why won't God help me in my life anymore?
Additional Details
yes, I know I put this in the wrong section... however depression is veiwed as a mental illness sometimes. I apologize for the wrong placement.

KAT
Sometimes the devil tricks me that God doesn't care. He does, he sacraficed himself to go upon and die on the cross for everyone. When you are having a real hard difficult time, you know that your day is coming soon. The closer you get to Jesus, the closer evil gets to you. Dont let bad feelings inside, dont listen to those bad whisperd words.God gives us trials and tribulations, to make us stronger.Don't let your enemys defeat you. The bigger your problem, the bigger and brighter your future will be.Dont act on what you feel, act on what you know.Stop looking at what you don't have and look at what you do have. Be posative.Psalms 9. Christ will allow difficulty to make you progress. It is all in his will. When the time comes he will reveal to you why and clarity shall follow. A light bulb will come on, and you'll say oh yea, I see now. Thats why, but kep the faith and listen to Jerard woods, or CeCe Winans. Pastors Kimberly Ray, and Sheryl Brady. google them. Good Luck God Bless

blondewithheart
God helps those who helps themselves:

A believer in god sat upon a rooftop during a flood and prayed to god, "God I believe in you and I am faithful, please save me!" A few moments later a boat comes by and the men aboard say "hurry we will save you!" But the man replies, "No! God will save me!" A half hour passes and again the man prays. Just then a helicopter comes by and lifegaurds call out to him "Climb onto the rope, we will save you!" To which the man replies, "No! God will save me!" Then the flood waters rise and the man is carried away and drowns. In heaven, he goes up to god and says, "Why God? Why didn't you save me?!" And god replies to the man, "Who do you think sent the boat and the helicopter?!"

People like to sit around waiting for god to answer. But we have to help god help us. Talking to friends, a counseler and a doctor. Why do you think god gives us those people?!

Lydiann
Rating
God is helping you; in smaller ways than you may see. God loves all of us and does not leave anyone behind.

Try talking to a psychiatrist, or perhaps even a priest, they can help you sort out your problems, the way God intended them to.

Good luck, and God bless you. Remember, GOD LOVES EVERYBODY; UNCONDITIONALLY!

Thomas l
The saddest man to ever walk the earth was Gods son. He felt are pain, and saw how we suffered. When lazeras died, The scripture sais Jesus was so over taken by grief that he would rather die than to feel what he felt at that time. I have Bi polar and have asked God why many times. He sais in our greatest moments of weakness, he will make light of our strengths. I know it is hard, I feel your pain. So does he. Keep your head up and don't ask why, ask what, what God do you want me to do. If it is Your will, be it unto me.

Mike N
Rating
patience is key

DesignDiva1
Rating
Maybe you should not "depend" so much on the Lord, and maybe help yourself a little. That is why the Lord gave us our gifts of reason, dignity, and many different capabilities. For us to use!

Get up off your butt, and pick yourself up. Quit waiting for someone else to do it. WE are responsible to ourselves for our own happiness.

TJ2day
Rating
You can pray, but with each prayer do a little something that is a real accomplishment for yourself, ike showering, or taking a mile walk down the street. Then say another prayer and do the next task, like clean a room, and so on.... In your prayer God will hear you and move you through a path out of the depression. Along with this, if you need a doctor to help you , say a prayer, and call for an appointment. Good days are ahead. Each accomplishment will give you strength and empower you to meet the next task.

knight54789
there are over 6 billion people in the world most of them are calling upon him daily just be patient in the mean time go see a psychologist. or join community activities to keep your mind off it

xxcoldkissxx
Rating
no no no. maybe you're holding onto depression, like its holding to you. you have to help pull yourself up.

fivemgmorphine
Rating
God helps those who help themselves. Get thee to a professional.

A man was trapped in the flood of New Orleans. He was on his rooftop."Save me o Lord" he cried.
A man came in a boat. The man would not leave. "The lord is coming to save me" he said. Later, a chopper came. The man would not go. "The Lord is coming to save me" he told the chopper pilot.
The man drowned and went to Heaven. He asked God..."why didn't you come save me?"
God replied "I sent a boat and a helicopter for you and you turned them both down."

cee
god helps those who help themselves. go seek therapy and get help. you may need medication. these are tools that are put here for a purpose and that we can use for help. you don't necessarily need to just wait and pray, just b/c you have faith in god.

mozefnme
I believe that your God IS helping, but you still have to 'row the boat'. At this time, that help may be in the form of additional intervention: counseling, medication, etc.
After all, you reached out here, and that may well have been with some guidance of a higher power right there.

Crono
wow...thats a new one....when u pray god hears, but he doesnt make your choices....he gives your your free will....if he just made u not depressed then it would be like a robot....god isnt there to just sit back and give u a big house and money...he made us so that we would have a relationship with him....we are extremly lucky, not even the angels have a relationship with him

miss.sheila
Rating
beacuse you have to pray like you mean it
have faith. true faith. and he will respond

Iknowstuff...
Rating
Sometimes you have to stand on your own two feet and do what you know the Lord would want you to do. The "right thing" which is to cover all options pertaining to your depression.
Have you consulted with a doctor?
Have you looked within your surrounding to see if it is your situation that is causing your depression?
Have you tryed to change certain behavior patterns that you know make you feel down?
Just sitting around waiting for an answer is not what the Lord intends for you to do. He loves you and wants you to look within yourself for strength. The Lord works in powerful ways but he can't do it without you trying to improve your life. If you have tried and failed- then keep trying. Only when you quit and do nothing does the Lord seem unavailable to you. But at that moment he's just hanging out to see what you will do next.
So know that you are not alone- but also know that no one but you can change your inner turmoil. If you haven't already done so go to a doctor. The Lord made them to help you. Now help yourself. Good Luck.

illinibabe217
What have you done so far? Only prayer? Or a combination of different things? God indeed uses mental health professionals to do His work. I had people tell me not to go on antidepressants because they will make me worse, but I found the right medicine, and am doing much better.

midas888
This isn't really a question, I'm reading this as a cry for help. You need to seek professional guidance, find a mental health counselor and stick to whatever treatment plan you both decide on. God helps those who help themselves.

QT4U2NV
He may not come when you call but he is always right on time. He wont put more on you than you can bare

timeisthefire
Rating
maybe GOD's answer to you is too see a doctor???

asailorsstar
have you tried to better your life? just asking for help wont do it.. you have to show that your really trying to get better, then He will help you.... make sure that your trying to live the way He would want you to...

as to the poster that said to post in religion? just ignore her... mental health and spirituality go hand in hand

sophie_xxo
Rating
god works in mysterious ways.

Rich C
Rating
help yourself, go see a therapist a counselor or someone....

wonderboy
Rating
God hears every prayer, sometimes he gives u the answer in a way u have to work hard to find.

Lovely Lady 27
God is having you ask us this question so we can tell you to get counceling. You probably have a chemical imbalance or situational depression that can be cured through meds or counceling. Go get help I know it is scary, but its worth it. Remember to look for Gods answers, sometimes they are so obvious when you look back. Good luck.

nicholas t
Rating
the great Lord will answer u in signs, when u are happy it will be because of his doing, the Lord loves us all

AdDicT of Y!A
God usually takes a long time(what seems like forever) to do things. But eventually, he'll help you. In the meantime get some good medicine and maybe somebody to talk to about it.

Karan G
Rating
Have you helped others? Do you only call him in times of need? Also, see a docter, it might help more :P

singlex32004
Because you need to help yourself and not wait for someone to fix it, only you can do that.

redrose8401
I'm not trying to defile or berate your religious beliefs AT ALL.
But if your depression has gone on for so long, and nothing has changed, you might want to seek medical help.
I'm sure God would rather you take medications to relieve your symptoms than, in the worst case, end up committing suicide because He hasn't helped you in any tangible ways.

JM
Rating
not to be rude but this would be way better in the religion section. most mental health help is based on science and the 2 don't mix too well.

Allergic To Idiocy
Rating
He wants you to do it yourself.
If your God gave you everything you needed, where would be the success and accomplishment?

I don't believe in God, but I know that I've learnt in religion class that He gave you life, and lets you make your own choices.
He can guide you, but can't do the whole work for you.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.664
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy