Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Am i addicted?
i never ever thought i was addicted to cigarettes, alcohol, or weed until i got caught with all 3 and my parents now are making me go to some rehab place and the state revoked my drivers license. But ...

I'm ashamed, please help?
I cut my arm a few days ago, and now im so ashamed of it im hiding it, its not bad but please help me because im scared incase my mum finds out. =(...

Can something bad happen to a person who keeps their emotions bottles up?

Additional Details
how can you "unbottle" them w/o hurting the people you love?...

How to keep our emotions in our control?
Hi All,

Please suggest some ideas to control our feelings(happy/sad) to keep our mind in balance.

Cheers,
Nimmi....

These are my symptoms: irritability, sadness, emotional, always mad. What's my diagnosis?
I am an emotional roller-coaster. It is really affecting my married life....

Is my buddy crazy? if so, what is the name for this type of insanity?
im just trying to figure out what this guy has,so i can look it up. most recent example:he got groceries from his sister last night,he was putting them away and noticed a bag of coffee had some ...

What are signs of depression in teens?
i keep having sucidal thoughts and keep trying to suffocate ...

Which one should i listen to?
The voice in my right ear,or the one in my left?
Additional Details
You obviously don't know my mother....

I want to suicide...coz loneliness is sick..can any1 help please?
I'm in 12th. I was studying away from my home, in another state, due to health problems i had to discontinue and returned home. I am not going to school according to doctor's advice. I'...

Has God started talking to me?
The other night i had a dream that God started talking to me. He said if i kill myself that i will save many peoples lifes from pain. So i woke up and I felt a pressence in the room. I asked if G...

Why can't I control my thoughts?
Am I the only one?!? LOL. Like thoughts'll randomly pop into my head that I TOTALLY don't mean and I keep thinking them over and over and I'm all like "DAMMIT, I don't mean ...

Will somebody please tell me how to be anorexic?
I'm 13 5'1 and wiegh 115.I need to know how to become anorexic and stay that way.So does anybody have any tips?...

Help me please???
i have a problem and some thoughts cause my brain to feel 'clogged up' and i feel that my memory worsens and my overall awareness, but then the clogged feeling goes away eventually with ...

Poll: Which do you prefer Soap or Body Wash ... ?

Additional Details
(I switch on and off - or i use soap for the 1st time over and body wash for the second - lavender for relaxation )...

Cutting yourself makes you feel better?
I just found out that someone I care about very much has been cutting themself. I do not understand why anyone would do that? Can you tell me why? And what can i do to help her stop?...

What do you do to relieve stress?
I've been waking up in the middle of the night feeling like I'm having a panic attack. My heart is always beating fast....

How do you go through the emotions of clearing your Mum's house when she has just died? I'm not coping at all.

What is wrong with me? I dont like people?
Ive been told by my boyfriend that i dont seem to like anyone.. what is wrong with me?

Ok i dont tollerate people that lie or say really stupid stuff things that make them appear they ...

Depressed because not taking pills?
I have chemical medium depression, about 3 months ago I was held in a mental hospital for 8 days for suicide attempt. For the first time I was put on medication and it's changed many times. S...

Why are u so opinioned on suicide?
why everyone so opinionated on suicide. suicide is about the INDIVIDUAL. suicide is not homocide, because suicide is VOLUNTARY and only kills the person who decides to do it. therefore, suicide is ...

kgshorty101
I am scared to shower! help?
ok like its really stupid but i am terrified of showering because when i close my eyes to shampoo i think that some one or something is going to pop up and like stab me or sumthing.how do i stop
Additional Details
thanks you guys helped me alott..
well but then i think i ghost is gunna pop up lol and scare me to but the radio thing is reall going to help me..tanx

Darren G
LOCK THE DOOR!!!!

Johnny `
Rating
get a radio or something, play some music, lock your doors, try not to think of that, or just keep peeking around the curtin?

momof4
have someone sit in bathroom and talk 2 u

debbireed
Rating
Get some professional help.

cz73kz
Rating
Lock the door.
Shower only when someone else is there with you.

You are probably afraid of the dark too, huh?

It is something you are going to have to eventually overcome. It may just happen with time or you could try a hypnotherapist.
I have had phases where I have had odd thoughts and fears, and I would just calm myself by breathing and talking to myself and rationalizing things to realize how unecessary my fears are.

OMG rainbows!
Rating
Look the door so none can come in.

Jamie M
Rating
LOL that happens to me all the time. Just take deep breaths and realise it's just your mind playing tricks on you.

Lola
Then don't close your eyes. Just lean your head back as far as you can, and rinse your hair that way.

Borayda
Rating
Remember that their just isn't, it WONT happen, think of all the people who have REAL issues to be scared of, and it wont seem so bad :D Good luck & take care!

Michael B
Rating
Curious that nobody has thought of the obvious - wear a pair of close fitting swim goggles.

FFLink
Rating
You just have to relise that it's not going to happen.

I can guarantee to you, 100% that no one is going to stab you whilst you are in the shower. Seriously.

Also, you can lock the door of your bathroom, or if you can't do that, put something infront of it to either block it, or make a noise if it opens :)

But really, no one's going to hurt you whilst you're showering.

♥sweetheart♥
Rating
that used to happen to me too. if your absoultly scared just make sure you like the door before you shower and have confidence that nothing will happen. if your still worried than maybe taking baths? i know it sounds stupid but i mean you can always see whats going on and stuff so you know that nothings going to happen
i hope i could help.

gasguy695
Rating
a radio on top of the counter playing your favorite songs should help you relax or just leave the bathroom door open when you shower so you can look out for the intruder or just lock your damn doors before you take a shower. if you don't shower strong body odors wil emerge and you will start to get bugs hiding all over your body

B Rad8908
Rating
keep your eyes open then

Old Fart
Hey come on, don't think about negative things like that it will ruin your life. Think positive thoughts instead, it will open a whole new world to you.

toomuchpain
Rating
Take baths,you aren't alone in this feeling.I wash my hair then take bath.

clarissa
Rating
stop watching movies

davestud72
Lock your door, make sure you examine the bathroom and find out if any Bates family members are hiding...

Seriously, if this is an issue, seek treatment with a Behavioral therapist. They can help you develop techniques that will get you through your morning routine.

PAYAK
Post someone on the other side of the shower curtain with a butcher knife and keep checking to see if they are there. If you keep checking and they don't kill you, this will help to desensitize you. One thing, be sure it's someone who likes you and isn't mad at you.

olympics junkie
Rating
It's not exactly stupid, but it probably is pretty unrealistic. I used to be afraid to sit on the toilet for fear a rat would come up from the sewer!! Finally I realized that if it hadn't happened in over 30 years, it probably wouldn't happen any time soon. The suggestion to get a radio is good-- I have an in-shower radio, & it totally gets your mind off these goofy ideas. They aren't expensive--maybe $20.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, November 27, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy