Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Should I kill myself?
I don't have any friends, I hate my job, and I don't have anyone that I can really talk to or have fun with. I am miserable. What can I do?...

My doctor just told me I have 4 months to live. What should I do with my time?

I am so afraid that my parents will die oen day. I dont know how I can be able to handle this. I am so worried
about that. I am a very sensitive person....

What causes you to panic?

Happy birthday to me!?
All my 'friends' seem to have forgotten my 28th birthday, and i am so sad!

Anyone wana cheer me up, by wishig me a happy birthday??
Pleeeeeease???!!...

What is the best pill for DEPRESSION?
At the moment I am very heavily medicated
375mg venlafaxine and 80mg chlopromazine lots of other med's and my depression seems to be getting worse please help (try not to be too flippant ...

Ok I'm a recovering cutter and I havent in over a week but now suddenly I wanna cut again sooo bad! help im13
what can i do? please help me! I've been trying so hard not to cut but i want to so bad right now.=S
Additional Details
I WOULD NE...

What are some natural ways to handle depression?
I am strongly opposed to taking anti-depressant medication, but I need help. Any ideas?
Additional Details
Please keep in mind that ...

What are you afraid of?

Is there anything worse than having a mental illness?

Am I depressed?
Whenever the weather cahnges(fall/winter) at night I get really sad. but its only when it starts to get dark out earlier. it just makes me sad idk why. is this normal or should I get medicine for it?...

Is this immature or something else?
I am 14 (I will be fifteen next week) And I think I have a problem. When I am alone and bored I play imaginary games. I pretend I am a princess that runs away from home and is taken by these people ...

I have a 30 year marijuana habit. Should I give it up?
I don't drink or do other drugs, except strong coffee because I enjoy the rich taste, as well as the caffeine. But I sometimes feel smoking weed is becoming a source of torment for me because I ...

Does anyone know what to do about the chronic feeling of emptiness, worthlessness.?

How does one get over someone who broke their heart?
Even after a lot of time has passed.....even after therapy, self-help, moving on with life in every other way.
Additional Details
WOW, ...

Do you think the voices in my head are real?

Additional Details
They're never evil just tell me things - wierd things!!!...

Would you date someone with bi-polar disorder?
Or if you were dating someone, and found out they had bipolar (manic depression), would you stop dating them? Bearing in mind manic depressives can be perfectly happy a lot of the ...

Why do i have to sleep at night?

Self Harming.. Help Me!?
Ive Recently started to self harm. i duno it just seems to make me feel better. i cant tell anyone, ive tried but it just dont come out. i cant stop. please help me i dont know what to do :( ...

I wish I could just sleep my life away?
I hate my life. The only time I'm happy is when I'm sleeping because I'm not in reality. I'm depressed all the time, I also doing something wrong, and I want to kill myself at ...

depressed but recovering
I am depressed for all of the wrong reasons?
I am in my early teens and everyone seems to hate me at my school. Only a few people like me. All of my friends have girlfriends so I feel pathetic being single and I can never get one even if I tried my hardest. My parents also seem to yell at me a lot and if I don't get above a 95 on every single homework assignment they yell at me. I'm serious. They really do. So lately I have been having EXTREME suicidal thoughts, but I know killing myself won't help anything. I need suggestions as to what I should do. Also, I am way too afriad to go see a councelor or anybody. I can't even talk to my friends or my parents about it.
Additional Details
Thanks a lot for all of the responses. Just to shut up all of the idiots who thought they were funny, I AM NOT EMO. About the girlfriend thing, it gets a lot worse when my friends rub it in by bragging about their girlfriends. And no, I can't tell them to stop because saying stop or shut up to a friend isn't as easy as it seems.

blaircwalton
YOU NEED to seek your school counsellor about this situation. Believe it, your counsellor listens and does not tell unless you have planned on doing something and proceed to go through with it. The couinsellor at your school is Qualified and by law is not allowed to even give your parents the benefit of the doubt for anything you tell in that room.

You best do this as soon as you start back at school monday. This issue if left a long time WILL effect your future life and how you approach situations in life, hence why you feel upset at the fact you havn't found a girlfriend. Has your boy mates ever past the fact that they out of 99.8% of the time in their lives will never be together with their girlfriends when they get older roughly to their 20's.

Your not different, your not weird and you definitly not a person that should put up with such negative issue in your life especially when at school and should be learning not thinking this.

Just remember, none of this is your fault. sort it out with your counsellor mate. They are your best friend once you demonstrate that you trust them and wish to tell the counsellor something very serious and important.

Good luck buddy. Not even your doctor would admit you in hospital for this because your better than that. Not to mention that your so young and putting yourself on antidepressants is highly unlikely. If this was the case they wouldn't have school counsellors to support young students through home and school enviroments.

Ryan M
Well, don't kill yourself because although this is what every stupid optomist says, it's true: things will get better. You'll find someone, or more likely, they'll find you (that's what happened with me.)

Also, try as hard as you can without stressing out in school to show you're parents you really are making an effort to be the perfect student they want.

Feel better, hope this helps!

C Wood
Rating
It's easier to talk to a counselor than it is to talk to parents.
Saying you're too afraid to go see a counselor is simply a way to wallow in self pity and choose to hold onto your depression rather than learn to deal with it.

Talk to your school nurse and ask for help to see a school psychologist. Tell the nurse you're fighting a losing battle with depression and you can't talk to your parents about it.
cw

miranda
please don't kill yourself. but be nice to everyone and have fun

musicianLuke5787
Definitely talk to some one about it, it really helps. I talked with a therapist once and he helped me solve my problems. It is okay if you are a bit embarrassed, but it will feel better once you get it off your chest. Who knows, it might help you find friends and girlfriends.

avalew1
Rating
Dont kill yourself, like you said it will get you nowhere. Figure out why everyone hates you. Did you do something bad? Are they spreading a rumor about you that isn't true? I would gather up the courage to talk to your friends about this, if they are your real friends they wont laugh at you. They will actually talk to you about it. That always is comforting

crazygirl13
Rating
There is no such thing as being depressed for all the wrong reasons. Don't worry about the whole girlfriend thing. Everything happens at different times in different peoples lives. I'm sure more people like you than your give yourself credit for. Tell your parents how pressured you are feeling by them, and how they are making you feel like you need to be perfect. If you are having suicidal thoughts, you need to talk to someone. It doesn't have to be a counselor, you just need to talk to SOMEONE. If you need someone to talk to, please feel free to send me an email. I'm also a teenager, and i know about some of the stuff your going through.

Dan S
Rating
Kid...the way you feel is probably about how 10 percent of how our countrys young people feel, other words you are not alone. Sucidide isnt the answer. And dont worry...one day a woman will come in your life and take all your money

[[iLove Him]]
Rating
Talking to friends or someone you can trust is good for you. I know it might be hard but that's the way to get everything out. You cannot keep holding things in because it will only get worse. It doesn't matter that all of your friends have girlfriends, trust me you will find someone out there for you when its time to.

Dunny
Rating
This period is extremely hard for many people. I remember that in 5-7 grade I felt that everyone hated me and that I had no friends, too, and had resurging feelings of that in freshman year.

You should never feel pathetic for being single at this point. Seriously, no one is going to marry the person they're going out with in middle school or early high, and relationships can just get in the way of having fun at that point. You say that only a few people like you, but at times like this it may be better to have a few, close friends than a lot of distant ones, like many try to get. Just strengthen what relationships you have, and they will support you through this time and help you gain new friends in the future.

I also had parents that wanted me to get good grades all the time... There's no easy remedy for this. It's true, that grades are important, but tell them that you can take care of yourself and that you understand why you need to get good grades. Also, it would help to study hard to prevent questionable grades.

This time is troublesome, but you can get through it, I'm sure. Just remember that if you do choose to kill yourself that there will be no way to reverse that choice, no matter what.

hot_damn_shots
Rating
You really should talk to someone you trust about your feelings. Remember suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. You're still so young. You haven't even lived 1/2 your life. You haven't met the one you're gonna spend forever with. You haven't had wild college days (which will be the best days of your life). You haven't even met the best friends in your life. Please don't feel afraid to talk to a counselor because sometimes that's what you really need is just to be able to open up to someone else. Your parents may be hard on you but they love you. Just picture your mom walking by your casket after you've killed yourself. Could you honestly picture her pain and still consider committing suicide? You are too precious. If you want to talk to someone who doesn't know you, email me. I am willing to listen (as I have been at rock bottom before and wanted to kill myself...thank God I didn't because my life is wonderful now).

Thomas
Almost all counties in the U.S. offer low-cost/no-cost therapy; you really should avail yourself of this opportunity. You need to be on an antidepressant. Check the blue pages of your phone book for the phone number of your local or county mental health clinic.

I suggest you read the following book:

David D Burns, MD: “Feeling Good: The New Mood Therapy.”

Good luck...

J B
Thoughts such as that will run through your mind as you have already said. If I were you I would turn all this depression,frustration, and hate into something useful. Your parents yell at you if you get anything below a 95 on school work get a 100 just to prove to them you can do it. You need to sit down and just put deep thought into it all. I wouldn't focus much on getting a girlfriend if you can't find anyone then none of them are right for you. Your better off without them. A couple friends is better than none. Your worrying to much about your image and what people will think of you. Thats why you feel pressured to get a girlfriend just because everyone else has one and you feel down about just having a few people like you. Believe me you just need to clear your head and don't worry so much.

Katie
Rating
Aww, I get what youre going through- happened to me too. Try to talk some sense into your parents- it's insane to expect that much from y. Try to listen to heppy music instead of depressing music. I know it sounds weird, but it can help. Exercise! It releases endorphins, which make your mood get better. At your next physical, you may want to talk about what you're feeling with your doctor though.

Wednesday _Addams
Oh my gosh.
OK. First of all, DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT kill your self. It is selfish and an easy way out. 2nd of all Dont lock yourself in your room. It totaly does not help. And 3ird, laigh at least one time every day.
Cheer up, Charlie.
Hope this helps.

mmfrogmm
fish oils omega 3 helps with depression.. its brain food its good for the mind also

i take 2 every day

Ali G
So your depressed cuz no one understandes you? I think: why try so hard 2 fit in when it's so easy 2 stick out? Have fun being "different"!! But your right about how suicide is stupid!!! It wouldn't help anything or anyone around you!!! Plus you'll be the rich one with all the money while all the "cool" people will be getting drunk and being idiots!!! Your have good grades so obviously your going to do good in life!!!

Heather
your a teen, as am i and i feel the same a lot! i'm currently seeing a counselor and to be honest, it's not helping. i'm really only staying because she's the only person i feel i can tell more things too. but really, it's not worth going to. i'm still suicidal at times but then i just think about everything imaginable. i think about people who are worse off, the effects of taking my life to my friends and family (even if i hate them at the moment). i feel selfish when i think like that because people really do care about you even when you don't feel like it. it's so hard to remember that when you don't see it yourself, but i already care about you even though i don't know you personally, because i would hate to think another teen killed themselves feeling alone and depressed. it makes me so sad thinking that we have to feel like it and some can't take it anymore and take their life. just be strong and i hope you do better, but really--try sleeping on it, when you wake up you feel better most likely. :)

sillygirl6324
Rating
listen here if your parents yell at you for not getting high enough grades just remind them that skool is harder than they remember nd if you have at least a b average they should be happy for you nd quiet yelling cause the more they do the more you think your not wanted or appreciated at all
nd tell them they should be happy for the grades you do get cause compared to other ppl your doing great
nd really it dont matter if your single
being a teen isnt bout having a "soul mate" or going out wit ppl
its bout having fun wit friends nd forgetting bout ppl that dont like you cause they really dont matter in life
just try your best to look at the good things you have;; even if theres not a lot, you should always look up nd smile at the life you get to live :]

*LiLy*
Rating
We've all felt that one at one point or another, for the same or different reasons.

Just give yourself sometime.

Love yourself, it will get better. Smile.

tiger_scourges
Rating
Wake up F U C K E R that's what every teenager feels like.

I'm feeling a bit like that myself and I'm 17.

Only a few people like you, well maybe that's all you need better have a few friends, than lots of mindless drones that don't care what you say or do.

Don't have a girlfriend, what you lookin for a wife? It don't matter to much, just wait for the opportunity to come along.

Why not try saying to your parents, "I'll get what I'm capable of getting, and if that ain't good enough for you, then you shouldn't call yourselves good parents when you, look in the mirror tomorrow morning"

Remember it ain't the end, you'll be 20 soon, college, a fresh start, become who you want to be. No more teenage years.

Good luck man, and congratulations on reading past the F U C K E R line.

The friendly atheist.
Rating
DO NOT
see a counsiler

they will just tell everything you said to your parents.

Go outside and smell the flowers.
take time for yourself to think things through.

just dont kill yourself.

joe, but my name is taylor :)
Rating
DUDE!!! you need to chill!!! i am 15 so i totally undersand... here is what i would do... first off i would just be myself at school so people can see the real you and like you for who you are and as long as you have friends, don't worry about what people think about you, trust me, and don't worry so much about the girls, one who is really right for you will come, don't worry about them! and my parents are really strict about school so just do your best and thats all you can do. also, if stop worrying so much about everything, you will be able to focas more on school! :) but one more thing YOU MUST ENJOY YOUR TEEN YEARS!!! they only come once in a life time and they are a great time of being young, so just enjoy it!!! and please don't think about suicide cuz its not worth it, it is not gonna help anything or anyone. and just remember, you're not the only one in this position, you can get through it, i promise! :)

Faty F
Rating
hey who ever the f*** called him EMO go f*** urself and leave him alone he is apparently depressed and u iss goin 2 make things worse
dude i kno how u feel i only hav 1 really good friend but she lives in seattle and i dont dude u dont want 2 kill urself i hav tried 3 times and my parents found out and they dont ever look at me the same and councilors have 2 by law tell ur parents wht u tell them

BLESSED
This is not a suggestion but require some thoughts. Talk to your doctor about something for depression, it can help you get through a day. As for your parents, you have to deal with them, they only want the best for you and you will thank them later. Ask yourself this, what if my parents did not care? what if my mom was a stripper and brought different men home every night? what if we were homeless or being abused? have you ever seen the Africans or the Haitians, they have it bad! Do Not kill yourself, because if you are trying to piss them off they will grieve but life does go on and you will only be remebered as tragic. I know because the pain of bearing a loss gets easier. Think of all the things you will miss out on, a good slice of pizza... a can of coke to hit the spot. Do Not kill yourself! it is pointless and it hurts. I seriously thing you need a therapist, for cheaper go to the school guidance councilor. When you are beginning to have suicidal thoughts it is very extreme then. Find something you love to do so you can pour out all your frustration, all your anger, like exercise, or walking, or painting or anything that YOU LOVE. As for school, to hell with them, you won't be there forever and have you ever thought that they might be JEALOUS, especially if you get good grades. I'll tell you a secret, hateful people at school do not have a good situation at home and that is why they are the way they are, it is not your fault. Some of them have terrible parents and are being abused. Pay them no mind. Smile. When you practice smiling it becomes natural. The best outlet to do is to dig deep in yourself and find something you like to do and whenever the world gets to you, turn to that. Anything but drugs because it WILL screw up that wonderful brain you have. Nobody has the right to make you feel bad about yourself and you will face that ALL your life. So the teenage years are tough, but we all have to get through it because it is nothing compared to the responsibility that you have as an adult. Email me if you like.

k h
Talk to one of your friends that you know you can trust. Suicide is not the answer. If you are thinking about, I think you need to speak to someone even if you do not want to. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. You will be seen as brave if you speak to someone. Do not let issues like this get you down. It will get better trust me. Maybe find a job, or find a new hobby, or some better friends!

Nikkie Dudes
Rating
U need to take a few days to urself or even a few hours to urself take a hot bath read a book watch tv! when i was in early teens i was an ugly duck but in the end i turned into a beatiful swan and so will u !! so just relax and u will grow up and all those girls will wish they would have given u the time of day so just live life!!!

dock ter do little
Rating
There are a few hotlines that you can call if you are afraid of seeing a professinal. You can join one and it will give you a better perspective on your problem and you will be able to talk to others who are going through the same thing as you so you can see that you are not alone.1-800-448-3000 or 1-800 SUICIDE (784-2433) they can give you advice and tell you about support groups

Joanie Pony
Rating
OK. you are just going to have to talk to someone in there.
It isn't fair to Yahoo people if you are going to ask for help and nothing can be done for you.you are eeeeeeeeeeeemmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmoooooooooo

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 22, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy