Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

What makes you mad?

What do you do to shake off unpleasant thoughts?
I've been thinking about a situation that I cannot change and the thoughts are just going round and round my head making me feel sad.

As it's not anything that I can change, or ...

Wtf??????????
why are people so rude and bothered by people with body piercings..i have them i just want opions on why people are against them and bothered??..if you were a parent would you let your kids do this?.....

I cut myself. Again!?
Here's my previous question:
http://answers.yahoo.com
Yesterday i was ok. But then i spoke with ...

Is it wrong to feel happy all the time?
I know this sounds silly but my life has so much passion and meaning, sometimes I wonder if it's really meant to be as such. I look around me and see people that have so much pain and grief, but ...

I am going through a lot and Thinking of Suicide. What should I do?
My dad and I are argueing. My boyfriend and I are about to break up. My mom is starting to become Bulimic and My best friend hates me because she is in love with a guy that I wont hook her up with. I ...

Ugh! I feel like crying?
It's Sunday and,yet again,Im scared of going to school tomorrow. I have anxiety and being in a classroom makes it soooo much worse. Please give me some ways of not thinking about anxiety or ...

Is smoking weed bad for you?

I cry for no reason?
I guess I should say I get teary-eyed for no reason. I am extremely emotional and can get teary-eyed if someone says something nice or mean to me. I get teary-eyed at the smallest things, like in ...

Do u think they will put me in a mental hospital?
I'm only asking this because my mom mentioned it to me the other day. I had cut myself that night, have been doing it for a year, and she found out. She said, "Next time you do that, I'...

It`s my birthay tommorow???
i`ll be 27 but i still feel about 18!!! how old are you and how old do you feel??...

What do you do to de-stress?

What is the best way to cope with bipolar disorder?

Do you fear death?
do u fear death, no matter what it will happen so shouldd u actually fear it?...

Smoking Marijuana...HABIT or ADDICTION??

What do you do when your spooked and alone?
My boyfriend leaves for work at 3am and I ususally wake up when he leaves and since I am alone in the house I sometimes get really creeped out and spooked... partially because I am really sensitive ...

How to avoid sleeping in class?
i've tried sleeping early, but that doesn't work.other ways?...

How do i get over my fear of death?

Is depression deadly?

How is life 4 people out there?

Additional Details
for anyone and ...

Robert
I am angry all the time. What can help?
Every thought is angry. Everything my wife and kids do seems to anger me. I want the anger to stop. I honestly feel like I am ready to explode. Will taking medicine help?

hails
Rating
you need xanax.

young_biz
how about try not to be angry? since you know you get angry then you try to reverse the feeling and tell yourself why am I angry anyway?:D

Matttttttttttttttttt
Rating
see a doctor to decide whether or not medicine might help.

as for what you can do for yourself... try stress relieving activities. take a class in yoga... take a few swings at a punching bag... play some video games... kick back and relax...

maybe you're working too hard and not enjoying life enough.

saramar73
Go and see a psychologist first. You may not need medicine, just a rearrangement.

Ziyaad
keep cool n relax dats wat my bios teacher always tells us!

Jim E
I know of people who take medicine, it worked fine for them for the first few months.
But it made them even more insecure after that.
Now they are twice as insecure as they were in the first place.
Maybe you should go on holiday.

sunflower
before taking medicine sit down and think what it is that cozing the anger it could stress at work or home or anything else it could be over tiredness or it could be that your depress you thought of everything try and work thru it if you cant work it thru then go and see an dr but you should be able to work it thru ask your wife to help and stand by you and to suport you

Mustafa E
Rating
Take in really deep breaths. Taking medicine wont help you have to control your own mind and emotional feelings.

By the Bay Syde
Rating
Yes if this is becoming a constant problem and seems like a medical issue you should probably ask your doctor. Depending on whats causing the anger, certain drugs can help. You were smart to ask rather than to act quickly without much thought though. Good luck.

Fmschck95
Rating
anger managment classes

lauren
you can ask a doctor about medicine, but other than that try to look at the positive things your wife and children do and look for the good in others (i know it sounds cheesy but it will help!) good luck!

littlemissplendid
-talk to your doctor about possibly prescribing medicine
-get more sleep at night
-go out and do something to make you happy(buy something for yourself?)

and i feel like the food i eat helps my mood, so try eating healthy food.

ruff_ryders28
Go on a trip by yourself for a weekend. No TV, no distractions, just you and your thoughts. You'll get an idea of where the pressure is coming from.

DJ ohio.
Rating
Medication will help. You can also take anger management classes. I suggest that you go outside, find a healthy man and take your anger out on him. Perhaps a good butt whoopin' Will help you get calmer

jo-jo
Rating
It could help. But have you tried exercise. I had a friend I worked at a horrible job with. She invited me to the gym with her. She told me it helps her want to kill people less. It really worked.

Anne
so many answers, some of them really good and others very rude... what can people do to get some points....

the best solution in my opinion is to talk openly with your family.a problem solved like this is always better than going to the shrink or taking medicines. communication is the solution.

you surely have something that disturbs you and you have to talk about that before it's too late.

good luck

réstless
Rating
yes taking medicine will definitely help but don't overdose or if you want everything to be gone faster, got to a Psychologist..they can help..

xoxox

eugene j
Rating
Try to rest and take a little time for yourself and think about the things you can be grateful for. Then ask yourself why are you so angry. If that does not work you need to seek out a mental health counselor or therapist.

LIL D
Rating
Don,t take medicine just maybe go to some anger management classes or get a pet or something you love you can talk to to calm you down. Find a Hobie you like to do maybe just take a ride and calm down by yourself hope this helps.

Ankhesan amun
Medication can help, but you should seek out some counseling too. It might help you to get to the underlying issue that's causing the anger. It really sounds like you're carrying something around that you haven't resolved yet...and you need to, for your sake as well as your families.

Worst Nightmare
yes it will but you will need to probably ask your doctor for mood-altering medication

FILL_BEEN
Rating
go to anger management classes, if that doesn't work, get a therpist, they really help.

bone g
Rating
it seems your expectations are not being met so you become angry not enough money not a pretty lady cars a bomb and ready to blow up dog dies youve lost your job??? maybe you need to expect less and start to get grateful for what you have instead of feeling like a smuck and looking at what you dont have. Bro its tough times now and itll get tougher so nows the time for you tto look in your heart and go help someone else in worse shape then you dont delay and trust that god has not brought you this far to dump you. God bless ya

Bogie
yes it will. go ask your doctor for some anti depressants, and see a shrink.

Anthony Spears
Anger = selfishness, triggered when you don't get your way. My problems with anger ended as soon as I realized it was more beneficial for me to get what I wanted by compromising than by yelling and throwing a fit. It took a lot for me to realize that and it almost cost me my marriage.

h4ckjack
Medicine won't help. Or they will in a superficial and false manner. The advice I can give is to read some psychology and philosophy books about anger.

I think they help a lot.

blank
Rating
sounds like you need some space and solitude and some good spiritual counseling before you hurt some one. blessings

Brandon
Rating
If you take madacines youll get addicted and go on loopy spells. My stepfather took medicine for anger and he became addicted. My mom tried to hide them he just exploded and started yelling at everyone to give him his d*** pills. He would also wake up at 3 in the morning say the people from the xfiles were trieing to get him and they have the house surounded. Its up to you though.

fantabu1ous
Rating
Something is missing in your life and you are striking out at those closest to you.

sade
Rating
Medicine can help, but not by itself. It can become addictive. You need some kind of therapy or counseling to go along with medicine. It doesn't mean you're crazy, it just means you need someone to talk to to get out your frustrations and learn how to cope with emotion.
You might want to get checked out for depression. I read an article recently that said men with depression are more likely to express it in anger than sadness.
Something I would suggest is just sit down, take a deep breath or two, & meditate a bit (just clear your mind). Then go out and do something nice for your wife or kids. The more you serve them, the happier you will feel. Make little goals for yourself each day and you'll find yourself progressing, maybe slowly, but surely.

hope that helped!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy