Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Depression?
I Suffer from social anxiety disorder and its interfering with my life
well.. i have no life lol because of it my mums gona fone my doctor and try and get me a phsychiatrist or something to help ...

Tell me why my husband blames all his bad behavior on being bipolar - isn't he ever to blame for hurting me?
Ever since my husband was diagnosed with bipolar disorder, all of his bad, even abusive behavior gets blamed on the lack of meds before treatment, porblems with meds since treatment, or just the ...

What makes u happy?

Anyone out there with excessive anxiety?
I have an anxiety disorder (Anxiety NOS) and I had a really bad day. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to cope?
Additional Details
Yes, I do know what NOS means. (Not otherwise ...

This is really weird what do you think it is?
right i have this crazy nonsense talking voice in my head
and it keeps claiming this guy is my son (i know weird)
and this guy certainly is not (hes 20 years older than me)
hes the ...

Should I admit myself to the hospital?
I'm crying & very depressed....

Am i a freak, or does anyone else do this? Why do i do this?
i often find that, when i'm on the verge of being very low, i will 'feed' my depression, for example by searching for questions on here to do with self harm or suicide, so that i then ...

Why do people commit suicide .Are they not afraid of death?
What can be the reasons that they are not even afraid to finish their life ....

Happy easter everyone!?
for all those in here who will be finding today a very difficult day, i wish you smiles, happiness, hugs and chocolate eggs. :)
(((((hugs)))))
a hope you all have a great day!...

Overdose?? Dangerous ??
I'm 14, 100 pounds, I had a horrible headace, I was stupid and I took 4 pills of 500 mg extra strength tylenol...2000 mg in all.
I've also been on Zoloft (antidepressant) for about a ...

Is it wrong to think of death? A LOT?

A question about depression?
I think I might be depressed. I'm only a teen, and am afraid my amatuer self diagnosis won't be taken seriously, so i need to know your views. Last year, one of my friends (who wants to be ...

Why is everyone so against suicide?
If someone is so miserable and in so much pain. why do we want them to live in such a condition. if we humans are so compassoate. wht don't we help them be free. Especially christians always ...

How can I go to sleep easily?
I quit smoking weed for more than 6 six months ago, but I still have sleepless nights sometimes because I am sober....

Do you think self injury is a disorder?

What will you do,if you know that this is the last day you live?

What is the point of being alive ?
Work. Pay bills. Sleep. Avoid fake people.
Talk to one's dog.
Additional Details
Yep: I forgot ...

Would you consider this bulimia?
Since I was 13 I had off and on trowing up, I'd do it for 4-5 months, and I'd stop for a few and then do it for another 4-5 months (everyday 2-3 times a day) i got help for that because i ...

Is this a mental health problem, how to get help?
if a teenager tells lots of lies, very manipulative and convincing (not on drugs) has great highs and circling lows, creates horrific problems between people, doesnt keep friends for long, but tells ...

My 9 yr. old wants to kill me, stab me, what do I do? He says he hates me.?
What do I do? been to therapy, on meds, won't stop, screams in the house, takes a pen & wants to jab me w/ it, calls me names, we just got out of therapy & he says I am not going to ...

just_emily
I've been depressed for a while now and I've reached a point where I drink myself to sleep. What should I do?

jodyathornton
The only thing I found to help me go to sleep is reading. I make sure it is something that is interesting. I gradually get so sleepy that I will go to sleep. I am a very depressed person also and am currently on medication.

Earl D
Analyse why you are depressed.

Don't drink TOO Much, it's expensive, creates hangovers and you can die in your sleep. A freind of mine did. He upchuged while lying on his back and coaked on it.

There is nothing wrong with a few drinks to get you to sleep.

Why are you depressed!

Figure out why and figure out how to overcome it.

I'll wager, however, you just like the buzz of the booze!

Can't say as I blame you, everyone likes a good buzz!

I read your other questions. Sounds like you have a size and weight problem along with a communications problem

You either love yourself as you ARE or you decide to change it!

I got tired of seeing my fat belly and whent on a diet for six months and now look like I did when I was 30.

As for speaking. It's because you are STILL thinking in your native langauge!

Plain and simple.

English is vastly different from most other languages. We don't, for example, have male or female objects. There is to Le Les, La, Lo, El, La.

To being with you have to stop thinking male/female and think more neuter!

Understand Americans have the same problem with other languages.

WHO is Spain or Mexico says: Como Esta Usted!

That's too FORMAL. It's like you are talking to El PResidente or the Pope!

But it's how we are TAUGHT to speak.

Maybe you need to hang around black people and learn to be cooler!

Wassup bro! Hows things in the house!

It's an exaggeration, but black people have made things very loose and cool. They've unstructured the language that's a little to retentive!

bunnyfacegirl
talk to someone who will listen to you it is very important that you seek help before something real bad happens you sound like a nice person and you should get some counselling to get at what is troubling you and what is making you so depressed i am dealing with a husband who has depression has so for 7 years and i seen him stoop very low so myself and others got him back but it was not easy we still have a bit of a rocky road still to travel but chin up and try to smile and pray for guidance from god above

jettalady
go to a mental health doctor

ageofinfamy
first day, run 1 mile....
second day, run 2,
third run 4,
and fourth, run 8. then on and on and dont stop
keep at it till a solution presents itself.
it did to Forrest Gump

djthis
Rating
stop drinking, take valerian root or melatonin to go to sleep, think about the reason why you're sad and try to make changes, take ten minutes out of your day to clear the traffic of thoughts in your mind by thinking nothing...emptiness, when your agitated...stop and take deep breathes letting air all the way into your stomach as you mentally let go of whatever it is thats frustrating you...just think...there's a solution to everything. its a matter of accepting the things you cannot change and having courage to change the things that you can...i will pray that you have the wisdom to know the difference. Life will not throw anything at you that you cannot handle. Find activities that you enjoy that arent self-destructive(drinking) to keep you occupied. take brisk walks or do some kind of excercise to improve your circulation. Start writing your thoughts down everyday. keeping a journal may help you see your life and your dilemas from a different point of view...kind of seeing yourself from the outside looking in...this may help...

depression may also be caused by health related issues...thyroid problems, liver problems, malnutrition...see a doctor if you feel your depression is do to something like this. i do not recommend goin to a doctor for antidepressants or anti-anxiety meds...these do not go to the root of the problem...they just change the chemical make-up in your brain for temporary relief and can do you worse as time goes by...

stangelcan
Rating
write down all the things that are making you feel depressed. then write all the things that "used to" make you happy. try getting back into those happy things. if it was for example, riding your bike through the park, and now you don't have the energy because you are depressed, try walking in the park, or just going to the park. drinking is a depressant, so that is not going to help you. the first step in recovery is admitting, and you have done that. I don't think medication is always the best answer. you have to look deep to find where things started to spiral out of control.. and correct it. You can't change the past, but you can find a new solution. Have you tried talking to friends, or a minister? you don't have to be religious to talk to a minister, if you don't know one, just pick up your phone book, pick a church, and try it out. whats it gonna hurt?? just don't give up, and remember that someone is out there for you to talk to .. it takes time..be patient, and try to stop drinking so much. (vitamins help too)

Lisa S
Rating
FIRST TRY AND FIND OUT THE REASON FOR THE DEPRESSION, DRINKING DONT HELP ONLY MAKES YOU FEEL WORSE THE NEXT DAY! TRY AND EXERCISE 1 TO 2 HRS BEFORE YOU GO TO BED THIS MIGHT HELP YOU SLEEP BETTER. AND GET HELP, TALK TO A FRIEND SOMEONE WHO WILL UNDERSTAND YOU.AND WILL LISTEN

mjandmaria m
Rating
I went through a deep depression period myself and I truly understand where you are at. The first step is to seek therapy. I know most ppl don't like to share that deeply. But I was the biggest nonbeliever in therapy until I met the right one for me. Another thing i do is a lot of journaling getting the issues on paper can help sort them in your mind. And the 3rd thing I did was make 2 lists 1 of all the **** in my life and 1 of all the good it helps to put those things into a better prospective . But the MOST important thing you can do is ask for help fr. God or family and friends, but definitely stop the drinking and talk to god. I hope the best for you and you will be in my prayers . good luck,stay positive and God bless you. M. Delaney

none
Rating
It isn't any fun, but you gotta go see two different doctors - a psychiatrist to prescribe medication and a psychologist to meet with at least once a week. You may need to go see your regular doctor and tell them about the depression to get a referral to the other doctor's, depending on how your insurance works.

Easying off the drinking would be a good idea, but if you are only drinking heavily at night and you're not endangering yourself and it helps with the depression, I say drink away, I certainly do. Roll one up too and take a nice long walk on one of these breezy Summer nights.

Garci
see a doctor hun good luck

Brina
See a doctor immediately!!!!

sverthfreyr
Seek help. Go to the doctor right away.

albanaldwyn
Rating
If possible quit drinking, and seek help for your depression. Join a yahoo group you do not have to suffer alone. Many people suffer depression and need help coping with this thing we call reality.

Tara R
Get out and talk to people. Get out in the sun. And go see a doctor they may need to put you on medication. You might also want to talk with a therapist. I have found they help better than the drugs. You can tell them anything and they don't get upset. And nobody knows what you tell them so...

jade20743
You should find a really good therapist right away. I've seen what drinking has done to both my grandfathers. And it wasn't pretty because they lost out on a lot of things in life, so you better stop drinking right now! Sounds like something is bothering you. Won't be easy but just wipe the board clean and start over!

Also if you do something good everyday such as volunteer work, helping a friend in need, or whatever it will lighten the load on your heart.

But really.....go find some help.

hi
If you can, get rid of the alcohol in your home if having it is becoming a problem.

Instead, find someone to talk to. There is some good advice out there for depression. You must find it! Keep looking!

faithfullyyours
Rating
see a doc there are meds you can take for this and drinking is a depressant so that will make you more depressed.

answerhog
Rating
http://www.cymbalta.com/index.jsp

MoMattTexas
If you are on this website you aren't that far gone yet. Get the help you need. Call a doctor, any general practioner will do.

Good Luck

mommafrog
Seek professional help. Alcohol is a depressent so it's not helping your situation it's making it worse. The more you drink the more problems that could mount up. See your doctor, let him know what's been going on, there are several things he can do to help you through this.

peggyo78
Rating
Talk to someone,lay off the booze, and try to find something good about your life,for starters your alive?!?If you can't find some one talk to me.Thank you for reading this.

hroush1
Rating
You sound just like me years ago.I went to a doctor who put me on a series of antidepressants which had no effect whatsoever. 3 1/2 years ago I joined AA and totally quit drinking.Much to my surprise.within a couple of months my depression was totally gone and has never been back since. It turned out the depression was caused by the alcohol! I thought I was drinking to cope with the depression when it was the cause. I'm now the happiest person I know and wouldn't trade places with anybody. I love the AA meetings and have more friends than I know what to do with.

Jocelyn L
Rating
You may want to talk to a doctor about putting you on some medication.

Marisa Z
You need to get help. Either from a doctor or counselor. Stop drinking! It is a depressive and will make you feel worse. Do not try to self medicate, speak with a professional.

rogue chedder
Stop drinking and start reading Shakespearean tragedies.

mad_hat
Rating
Seek help. You are just creating new problems. Seek help for your depression. Then work on the alcohol.

yes_im-addicted@sbcglobal.net
Rating
Go seek help...REALLY go seek help. You could drink yourself to death if not. I have many, many, many alcoholics in my family and I know all too well how bad it can get. You're worth the help! You deserve to not have to feel as down as you are everyday....you deserve to smile, laugh and be loved as well as give it. Please go speak to someone about your issues so you can gain control back over your own life. Best wishes. (Stay strong)

teeniey37
Rating
Go get help. Talk to your doc about getting on an anti-depressant

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy