Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Do you always sleep ?
on the same side off the bed & what is your favourite sleeping ...

Why aren't u sleeping?
I'm really bored right now and I'm freaking out cuz I just ssaw Death Note and I need 2 talk 2 someone. Why aren't u sleeping? I know this is a stupid question..... but if u don'...

What is the best cure for stress and depression ?

Additional Details
not that i am either ! but i know some one who is !...

How will i be sure not to do drugs in high school?
i'm going into high school and at my school, there are a lot of rich people and they can afford drugs, so there are a lot going around.
i don't really trust myself to make sure i don&#...

I dont no what to do SUICIDE or not?
Im really confused. MY thoughts are taking over and i want to end NOW! i Have A rope ready But i dont no. Im Considering Suicide Now. . And i dont want attention if most people are laughing at it ...

My mom died and I'm having a hard time dealing with it. Ways to cope???
Mom died 9/15/07. I know she is in a better place now. It was somewhat of a relief when she passed, she was suffering so much. Now life is kicking in again. Dad passed in 96. I have 3 brothers but I ...

What is this feeling of emptiness I've been experiencing for so long?
How do I fill this void?
Additional Details
Yea I aint hungry. I cut myself aswell. Mum took me to doctors but dunno what he woz on a ...

How do i stop my wife snoring without going to jail?

Scared i'll never be happy in this world/life?
Does anyone else feel that they can never be happy in this world or this life?????

I'm really unhappy with my life and i'm trying to get better, but nothing motivates me to try ...

Can anybody say something good?
I am really alone right now. I have nobody to talk to. I am so upset and depressed about being alone. I am in love with someone I see everyday and I can't take the feeling of rejection anymore. I...

Suicide. . .?
My best friend is seriously comtemplating suicide. He has been having suicidal thoughts for several months and have been confessing them to me, and he says that he is going to take his own life to ...

Are you afraid of dying?
i wonder who is going to cry for me when i die,aren't you?...

How do people deal with a fear of death?

"should I stop wearing diapers?

I want to die?
i want to die, i just hate myself. I used to self harm but now i stoped, but i still want to die, what can i do?
Additional Details
i ...

Have you ever sat alone and cried in despair?
Have you ever felt that deep feeling of hopelessness in the pit of your stiomach that just made you cry and cry and cry about how bad your life has turned out? when was the last time you did this?...

Can anyone give me a good reason to continue with life?
I used to think that life would be exciting and full of adventure. But now, I am completely disillusioned. I have few friends ( no close ones ), and worst of all, no lover. What's the use when ...

Can you read this?
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The ...

What's the way out of loneliness?
people keep telling me to go to groups but i never seem to meet anyone interesting there. only people who already have friends/family. or otherwise how do find contentment in solitute?...

Why does depression have a stigma attached .....?
depression can affect all walks of life , rich and poor people , but why do people frown upon anti-depressants ?? I have read a few answers over time here in answers and they were all really negative ...

Miss. Radtastic
I've been acting really strange lately...Help?
So my moods have been swinging like crazy.
But I like have the urge to talk to someone...like I feel like having deep conversations with people...im thinking because i hada 3 day weekend and hasnt saw my friends since saturday.
There's also this guy who i liked but were friends now and he's on my mind constantly...but i dont think he's the reason. I just have been feeling sad lately...it also rained the past 2 days...but its not raining now. HELP??
Additional Details
I also have the urge to want to hug somebody...that happens alot.

Christal198
Rating
could be pmsing or depreastion, i would stop drinking coke or anything like that i would dirk water all the time, cuse coke has chiemacals in them wicth can cause derppestion, i am not lieing its true, or maybe you are lonely?
hopes this helps=]

RachelS
Rating
Sounds like PMS to me.

Jeremy Jeremy
Rating
someone who says the word "like" as often as you do is incapable of having deep conversation.

the_white_owl2004
Rating
Dude,are you a teen?You sure sound like one.Dynamic mood change is normal ;) when I read 'i've been acting strange' I thought it'll be about something more serious,don't worry about this it's normal ;)

WorriedGrl
yea...it's probably depression or u're pmsing..how old are u?

Bob the tomato
You don't sound strange.

Riku T
Rating
Teen hormones, don't worry, the cloud ALWAYS passes, just remember that :) .

spiritedrinoa
How old are you? From your post I'm going to guess that you are a teen?

Know that mood swings are normal as you're going through puberty, because your hormone levels are out of whack, and your body is adjusting to these new chemicals. And yes, even if you started puberty at 10/11 and you're now 16, this could be the cause.

Outside of that, it's still not uncommon to have unexplainable mood swings as an adult. Many things can trigger it; the weather, our social interactions (or lack of), and so forth.

I wouldn't be overly concerned if these moods aren't constantly persistent. However, if you remain in a constant depressed/sad state for two weeks or or more, and have changes in your appetite, sleep, and/or are losing interest in things you typically enjoy (again not for short term, but usually more than 2-3 weeks as a constant mood/feeling), you may want to talk to your doctor.

In God we trust!
Rating
first question: Age
Second: how much sleep are you getting, is it GOOD sleep?
Third: What is going on in your life - family stress?
Fourth: Any medications you're taking?
Fifth: Any medical conditions including monthly cycles?
Sixth: how is your diet?
Seventh: has this happened before?
Eighth: Any family histories of bipolar disorder or mental illness?

Any of these could play a factor in what you're experiencing.

Finally - how much does this impair you? Is it bothering just YOU or is it affecting your relationships and work or school or family life?

honeybmeadow
Could be a lot of things... hormonal shifts, seasonal depression... being that you are not homicidal or suicidal, I wouldn't worry too much. :)

Kiki
Hormones, stress, anxiety, and your probably a teenager so all of it is normal

wouldnt you like to know
Rating
i really really really don't think anythings wrong with you! its probably just hormones, or maybe you're just feeling this way because you're just going through a weird patch in your life. we' ve all been there, so don't worry.

Lizzie R.
How old are you? if you're like 13-17, then you are just going through pubescent mood swings...they happen. I was the same way growing up. You'll get on the other side OK.

lugar t axhandle
you must be "depressed" for several months to meet the definition of "clinical depression", and you dont sound like youre there, yet..

depression can involve symtoms including, uncontrollable crying(for the most minuscule things), and feelings of dispair.. many people feel the actual sensation of a "downward spiraling"..

sounds like it may be either a hormonal thing going on, or depending on your location, you may be experiencing seasonal affective disorder(SAD).. SAD is very frequent among people in the higher latitudes.. i used to experience it about this time of year at a 40 degree latitude..

and, whatever you do, DO NOT go out and randomly start hugging people on the street, as has been suggested previously in these answers.. that will make people thinkyoure psychotic.. youd be better off finding yourself a person that you can trust not to sell you out, a "safe person" that you can tell your secrets to, and who will be objective in their responses to you..

good luck with that!!

beingagood1
These are the results of increased hormonal activity -- normal for adolescents.

Miss Understood
Rating
Sounds like a puberty/hormonal/teenage type thing to me... I've raised three of them and was one once myself and it's very normal. When you feel like talking talk, when you feel like crying cry and when you feel like hugging hug!! It'll get better I promise :)

HUGGGGGGGGS

shrikant
Rating
may be u entering ur adulthood?

may be u need some good friend!

may be u need a Boyfriend

may be u need to make new and many friends!

may be u need to share ur feelings with ur closest friends!

may be u are just getting frustrated!

Hailey
Rating
I think your just feeling depressed for some reason, if you care about your weight stay away from chocolate, go out and run or do some excersise cuz you might end up feeling better... and if u dont care about your weight just go to the store and buy some m n ms,

buttercup
Rating
This has been my norm lately, but I do have a reason. I am dealing with a mother going downhill everyday in a nursing home. However, someone to talk to has been a big issue. It seems as all my "friends" have fun things to do other than talk and worry. If you have no confidante, do not hesitate to see a counselor. There's NO stigma there. I just graduated social work and have seen where having someone to talk to works better many times than medication that is unneeded. The desire to hug someone is merely a feeling of wanting someone close...just as wanting someone to talk to. Find them! Hope you feel better.

heart o' gold
Sounds like you are hormonal.
Try some St. Johns Wort tea, that will help mellow out the extreme swings.
Best wishes.

Madison B
Rating
hahahahaha srry but i think u're pmsing

Huzz
Rating
Aww happens to me too ):

-Hugs- n_n

itsbrendaaa
puberty maybe? how old are you?

embrace your new found affectation. Hug everyone you feel like hugging. its a beautiful thing.

Brenda
Rating
Here is a really BIG hug.

Bobby
I used to be very emotional too, I think I was just bored or too concerned about the past. Find a hobby, something fun to do, arrange something with your friends. think positive.

Steve R
Sounds like you are just a little down, if your symptoms persist, see your doctor

pinkwoodrose
To calm your mind, try some meditation. Sit quietly somewhere and listen to some calming music and try to empty your mind. Also,,,exercise can help burn off some of that anxiety. Be sure to eat well and get pleanty of rest too.

HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG

softball_lover
Rating
ermmm.......maybe you're pmsing???

xDD

Murt Momain
It sounds like you are a teenager. Feeling normal teenager things.

Haute-Cature'
Rating
You don't sound strange. You sound lonely and the weather has you feeling blue. Happens to everyone sometimes. Why can't you call your friends and tell them how you're feeling. Make plans to do something. Tell a family member that you just need a hug, someone to talk to. I bet after you get out and have some fun you'll feel better. Good luck to you.

ashendari
Rain saddens me too - it always has. I think some people are more sensative and thus more effected by the weather. Try to play some happy music - usually music is a good counter to bad weather. You may not feel like happy music, but it'll cheer you up quick. Or play sad music and enjoy being sad. Sometimes it's nice to just be sad and there's nothing wrong with sadness. Make a list of things in the world to be sad about.

Go on a walk and make big life plans. Write some lists about what you want to do in the next ten years. Find something meditative like this - if you like to draw, sit down for an hour somewhere alone and draw something.

The urge to hug is often also the urge to be hugged! So go hug someone. Moms LOVE spontaneous hugs :)

Don't jump out and decide it's depression. (It's not) There are a lot of sensative people in the world that have a strong ability to be very sad. Just remember - sensative people also have a huge ability to be very happy. I imagine you have plenty of very happy memories too.

There is nothing wrong with being sad. Realize this! For some reason, people are brought up thinking they need to be happy or neutral all the time - NOT TRUE!!!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy