Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Just help me please...?
i'm not one of those people that ask everyone if i'm fat. i keep it held inside. i know im not obese, but i feel so uncomfortable with my weight. once i eat i fell depressed and if i gain a ...

Help... i'm 19 and have no ambition motivation goals or direction in life...?
Like it said, i feel like i'm not going anywhere. All i do is work, suft the net, make out, and party sometimes.. I have 2 years of college done. But i have no idea where i see myself in 5 or 10 ...

What do you like the most about yourself?
self image......

Self-harm?
i've been self harming for 4 years (i'm 16). i managed to stop it for about a few months. but because i'm so stressed out, i'm tempted on harming myself again. i am punching ...

Am I depressed?
I am really down lately. My marriage is in trouble, my son is disabled and it is difficult at times, I lost a great paying job and now work for much less and I just feel like everything is down on me....

Very Confused, And Attention Starved?
Okay, long story. I'll shorten it down. Aparrently, I'm attention starved. I've got the bad habit of telling everyone my inner thoughts and feeling. I also over react to everything. N...

I need your help. My boyfriend is an addict?
My boyfriend is an addict, and he just expects me to not fuss about the drugs. He is addicted to crack cocaine and ecstacy and he has been to rehab seven times, but each time he comes out, two weeks ...

Do i have a mental disorder?
I am a 15 year old girl.
I often think that my friends don't really want to be friends with me. I feel like they just feel sorry for me. I also start fights with them for no reason. I like ...

COULD I BE DEPRESSED?
most people describe me as a funny, smart and pretty girl but recently ive been crying constantly and i feel isolated and so alone. i hav tried 2talk to a friend but she kind of disregards it and ...

Depression?
I Suffer from social anxiety disorder and its interfering with my life
well.. i have no life lol because of it my mums gona fone my doctor and try and get me a phsychiatrist or something to help ...

Tell me why my husband blames all his bad behavior on being bipolar - isn't he ever to blame for hurting me?
Ever since my husband was diagnosed with bipolar disorder, all of his bad, even abusive behavior gets blamed on the lack of meds before treatment, porblems with meds since treatment, or just the ...

What makes u happy?

Anyone out there with excessive anxiety?
I have an anxiety disorder (Anxiety NOS) and I had a really bad day. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to cope?
Additional Details
Yes, I do know what NOS means. (Not otherwise ...

This is really weird what do you think it is?
right i have this crazy nonsense talking voice in my head
and it keeps claiming this guy is my son (i know weird)
and this guy certainly is not (hes 20 years older than me)
hes the ...

Should I admit myself to the hospital?
I'm crying & very depressed....

Am i a freak, or does anyone else do this? Why do i do this?
i often find that, when i'm on the verge of being very low, i will 'feed' my depression, for example by searching for questions on here to do with self harm or suicide, so that i then ...

Why do people commit suicide .Are they not afraid of death?
What can be the reasons that they are not even afraid to finish their life ....

Happy easter everyone!?
for all those in here who will be finding today a very difficult day, i wish you smiles, happiness, hugs and chocolate eggs. :)
(((((hugs)))))
a hope you all have a great day!...

Overdose?? Dangerous ??
I'm 14, 100 pounds, I had a horrible headace, I was stupid and I took 4 pills of 500 mg extra strength tylenol...2000 mg in all.
I've also been on Zoloft (antidepressant) for about a ...

Is it wrong to think of death? A LOT?

Tristan
I'm only 12 but I think of suicide everyday.?
I don't get why I should be alive anyways. Nobod would care if I just stopped going to school making appearences anywere. nobody would notice. So I want to know why I should keep living.

FoundMyStar
That's ****! You're telling me at the age of 12 there is nothing in your life that makes you smile, no friends, no family, no hobbies, no music or films. There is nothing.

Saying that no one would notice is ridiculous. Try telling that to the families and friends of people that have lost someone close to them.

You are having a **** time at the moment but only you can change then, enjoy your life, study, have fun..Stop taking things so serious because at the age of 12 you are supposed to be enjoying life.

I am sorry if I sound harsh but I know what your talking about because I tried to take my life several years ago and it is the worst mistake I ever made.

Will Laurent
Rating
Make a list first why you have to do it?
Ask a question to yourself for each item.
list some important things, person, place that reminds you and make you feel happy.
Ask a question again to yourself for each significant thing you listed
then ask these three questions to yourself
take time to answer, it might take several minutes to decide what you have in mind.

1.Is it really worth it to do this?do I really want this?

2.Am I thinking of bad things most of the time that makes me decide to do this or even things that make me deseperate? how can I overcome this?

3.How will I make my life beautiful?

shaneris
See suicidal thoughts, and depression treatments, at http://www.ezy-build.net.nz/~shaneris in sections 5, and 2.

jimmysfireangel
First of all you are loved by GOD and me. God is love and you were made by him. Find someone and talk to them, a teacher, neighbor, should be an adult and get help. You are not alone and you are not the only one this has happened to, but right now your number one and you need to speak with someone.God Bless You and Keep YOU in his grip.

R
Rating
Dont Make Life A Job. Enjoy Every Moment Of It. Share Your World With Your Friends!!!! Talk To Mom And Dad Everyday. I Hope You Are Lucky To Have A Mother Who Is Ok...... Somebody Even Dont Have A Normal Mother Like Me.

WhatGoes Around Comes Around
Rating
That's not unusual.
Trouble is, ordinary people who try to help, usually only make it worse. A good counselor would know how to help you get yourself out of it.
A life is a very valuable thing to have. You are collecting important experience, regardless of how you feel about it.

PontiacFirebird
First of all tell your parents about this immediately and then get some kind of special Therapy.

fatamorrighan
Rating
I really would like you to go to this site and talk to them. You have options and you need to get some help. I had a very bad childhood, and felt the same way, but I got help, and now life is worth living. Please go here: http://psychcentral.com/

Daniel
Rating
Speak to your school counsellor they will be in the best position to advise you on what to do with your life.

Jenny
I dont know why you feel so bad.
There are always people that care what happens to you.
Please talk to your school teacher, a family member or someone who you trust. Things are never that bad that you think of suicide.

hawks
Rating
please, please don't think that way. the more you think that way, the more you;ll feel that way. yu have so many wonderful experiences ahead of you in this life.

i felt the way you do one time when i was 17. i felt like no one would notice if i wasn't around. but now in my early 30s, i know different. my 2 daughters, son and husband would know if i wasn't around and they wouldn't be the people they are today without me in this world.
some people don't commit suicide just for the attention, sometimes it is because there is something inside of them that just doesn't quite click with the outside world. i know the last thing i wanted was attention. but i had to come to terms with a lot of deep seeded issues, that weren't all in my head. some were, some were just the hand i was dealt in life, and some were the genes i was born with.

please, please don't take yourself away from those who are waiting to meet you someday. whose lives you will change forever. dont take yourself away from us. we will never be the same without you. we are all connected in this world, and we all need you here.

someday there will be a 12 yr old that will need you. your experiences, yur soothing words, your time, but most of all your touch. someday you will save lives, just by being in the right place at the right time. and you will never know it, neither will they.

my guess is you're pretty bright, and it can be frustrating trying to find your way of expressing it, you just have to mature a little. but i promise, one day all the stars will align and all that is on the inside of you will come out, all the screeming you are doing in your head will be heard. i promise and you will have peace.

but for now you have to find yurself, and what it is that makes your days pass, but also that you can learn from so that you can pass it on. you are needed right now, in ways you aren't even aware of. but please be patient. there will be a lot of people someday that will need yur touch. don't take that away from them.

please pick up the book "the secret". if only walking past it in the store, and read just one or two sentences. i'm not sure that couseling is what you need right now. sometimes that just brings your sadness to the surface even more. just concentrate on changing your thoughts. you're more needed than you'll ever know.
life ain't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful ride.

boobetty70
Rating
tell someone how you feel, teacher , friend , mum, dad anyone,will do you need help, i understand i have been where you are!, please do NOT do it, its too late to regret it when you have gone. hope you can be ok

chiquinta_2000
You'd actually be surprised. I'm out of high school now (thank god) and I met up with some old friends on Facebook and a lot remembered me and cherished the friendship but at the time I thought they couldn't care less.
It feels like nobody cares but in reality, they are all just wrapped up in their own little worlds. It isn't anything personal against you but everybody is so focused on their own problems that they don't look outside themselves.
Also, you are 12. The average age to live to is 70. That is 5 times older than what you are. You still have a long way to go and many many good things could happen to you yet. You still have your whole life to fall in love, have children, get a job, travel, all those wonderful things. You just have to be brave enough and stubborn enough to hang around and wait for the good things.
Keep a diary and write in it at least one good thing that happened during the day. It doesn't have to be a big thing. Mine often consists of 'the cat did something funny' or 'I saw a hot guy at the shopping centre today'. Then, if a few weeks you can look back at all the good things that have happened to you. It trains your brain to focus on the good things in life.
Lots of people think about suicide, some on a daily basis. This isn't bad, it doesn't mean you are bad or evil, it doesn't mean you are going to do it. I would still talk to someone about it. Your parents, a doctor, a school counsellor, a teacher, somebody. Even internet friends can help.
Everybody is different. Try to accept your differences and use them to your advantage and like yourself for who you are.
Hang in there dude. It gets better.

Ecnu
You mustn't think like that, you should think of who WOULD miss you, not who wouldn't!
Everyone has a point to this world, everyone can do anything and everything.
You're no exception.

★ La Dolly Vita ★
because this may be what your life is now but NOT what it will be in the future. Make some changes. You may find that once you leave school you end up with a great group of friends and have an awesome life you love. Just remember nothing is forever. Things always change and get better. Do something different tomorrow.

Katieeee
Rating
You should really go talk to your parents or a school psychologist. I had suicide thoughts when I was 11-12. I wrote really depressing poems, & my mom accidentally found them. She took me to see a psychologist... It took a little to open up to him, but I finally did & slowly I got rid of those horrible thoughts.

Everyone has a purpose here on Earth. You just haven't found it yet. And whether you want to believe it or not, I'll bet that there are people who care for you in the deepest, most loving way. But you haven't realized it yet.

So try talking to someone. If you don't want to talk yet, write letters to yourself or someone else. Or do anything to let go of some of the emotion you feel, like keep a journal, or sketch them out, or write poems. Just please, for another kid who has had suicide thoughts, don't harm yourself in ANY way.

MNMG
Rating
I would care!! lots of kids your age think the way you do, but I promise you it will pass ...dont give up and find someone you trust to talk to about your feelings, you dont need to go through this alone.

super cat
Rating
You should start doing fun things, start hanging out, go to the mall, rolle skates. Do fun things and you'll get your mind out of it.

j l
your just going thru a phase...I did it also 30 years ago....it will blow over. go do something fun....cheer your self up. Go hang out at the homeless shelter for a day...when you get home the food will taste better, the T.V. will look bigger !

ding d
Rating
You have everything to live for, you have already won the greatest race you could ever take part in, you beat 20 million+ to that egg and your prize is life, take joy in that, look for the sun on your face, smell the clean air of the forest and then tell us you have nothing to live for, you have so much to look forwards to, to many to list, but trust me you are a special and unique individual and we your fellow members of the human race NEED you to help us make the world even better than it is, with you in it, only you can help us do that, you have already brought you light into this world now make it burn so bright we all see it together.
Your life is so precious, a great gift given to you and something to be cherished every day you live in this earth, please dont ever feel you have nothing to live for because we are waiting for you and you have so much to do and so far to travel, stop thinking of the dark things in life look to the light of life and come and join in with the rest of us, you know we cant get along without you...

blackrosepet
Talk to someone you trust. Don't keep this inside you.

dbf32771
Rating
You should continue living because you know that you are a wonderful person.

sharon a
I would care. There are people fighting everyday to stay alive.
Life is a precious gift. Sometimes we just get down on ourselves. If you really feel that way then you need to seek help and find out why you feel that way. I know school and peer pressure gets to you sometimes but there are lots of wonderful things in life and you do not want to miss out on it. Stop looking at the negative side and get on the positive side and see what you can accomplish.

John M
Rating
it can be tough at any age, I'm 40 and i have had the same thoughts as you for the past 10 years or so. why do i keep going? i couldn't break my mothers heart. i don't know your situation with your parents but if you did do your self in I'm sure someone would be heartbroken. it takes more guts to kill your self than to live

Dude, I feel your pain. I'm 13 and for like the past 3-4 years I've been in a deep depression, and every day thought about suicide just like you but never followed through. I even got to the point when I was holding a knife to my chest, but decided not to do so. If you seriously wanted to kill yourself, why havn't you done so yet? Somebody once told me "don't solve a temporary problem with a permanent solution" meaning if you are depressed because of issues at school, or whatever, don't make a big mistake of killing youself. Why are you so depressed? Are you having social issues? Feel free to email me if you want to talk about it. My advice, get a hobby to make life worth living for. I used to think life was pointless, but as you can tell I got a hobby, and suddenly I snapped back to my old self. Now I'm happy with my life, and have something to look forward to in my future. I hope you feel better soon, and remember, you're not alone.
-Captain Zach

Oh yeah, Official Cowboys Apologist*'s is an @$$. He has no clue wtf he's talking about. It's people like that who got me so depressed in the first place.

anonymousgirlygirl
Rating
You have to keep living because this will pass and you will be a stronger person for getting through it. 12 years old is young to want to end it, and when you are 20-which will actually be a lot sooner than you think, you will be able to say, I am so much more happier now. I bet you that when you get out on your own and can control more of or all of the different mediums in your life, you will be so greatful you got it past the tough teen and tween years. Email me if you need any support:)

rolovasquez
all of the people who you think don't care about you don't matter to begin with. you don't live your life for other people, you live it for yourself. that's why you keep living.

Velouria
Rating
When I was 12 I was exactly like you. I was extremely depressed and tried to kill myself a couple of times but was unsuccessful.

When you're a teenager the biggest problem is other people and how no one knows or understands you, no one looks out for you, no one prioritizes you, your parents ignore the obvious signs that somethings wrong, because they are so wrapped up in their own problems.

Other people can never be responsible for making you feel better. It is your responsibility. You are responsble for your own life. So you have to make an active effort to put your bad feelings behind you and try every day to make your life better and also, try to make other people's lives better. People appreciate you more when you help them. Don't dwell on and worry about the bad things in your life, be grateful for the good things. Have you got enough food to eat, a house to live in, a room of your own, a comfortable bed? There are people all over the world, even in your neighborhood who don't have these things. Remeber how lucky you are to have things that other people need and can't get.

You will learn to appreciate life more as the years go by. But your life will keep being depressing unless you let go of the negative thoughts. It took me 20 years of depression to learn that lesson. Start as soon as you can and your life will get better and better.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.104
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, February 3, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy