Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

What causes you to panic?

Happy birthday to me!?
All my 'friends' seem to have forgotten my 28th birthday, and i am so sad!

Anyone wana cheer me up, by wishig me a happy birthday??
Pleeeeeease???!!...

What is the best pill for DEPRESSION?
At the moment I am very heavily medicated
375mg venlafaxine and 80mg chlopromazine lots of other med's and my depression seems to be getting worse please help (try not to be too flippant ...

Ok I'm a recovering cutter and I havent in over a week but now suddenly I wanna cut again sooo bad! help im13
what can i do? please help me! I've been trying so hard not to cut but i want to so bad right now.=S
Additional Details
I WOULD NE...

What are some natural ways to handle depression?
I am strongly opposed to taking anti-depressant medication, but I need help. Any ideas?
Additional Details
Please keep in mind that ...

What are you afraid of?

Is there anything worse than having a mental illness?

Am I depressed?
Whenever the weather cahnges(fall/winter) at night I get really sad. but its only when it starts to get dark out earlier. it just makes me sad idk why. is this normal or should I get medicine for it?...

Is this immature or something else?
I am 14 (I will be fifteen next week) And I think I have a problem. When I am alone and bored I play imaginary games. I pretend I am a princess that runs away from home and is taken by these people ...

I have a 30 year marijuana habit. Should I give it up?
I don't drink or do other drugs, except strong coffee because I enjoy the rich taste, as well as the caffeine. But I sometimes feel smoking weed is becoming a source of torment for me because I ...

Does anyone know what to do about the chronic feeling of emptiness, worthlessness.?

How does one get over someone who broke their heart?
Even after a lot of time has passed.....even after therapy, self-help, moving on with life in every other way.
Additional Details
WOW, ...

Do you think the voices in my head are real?

Additional Details
They're never evil just tell me things - wierd things!!!...

Would you date someone with bi-polar disorder?
Or if you were dating someone, and found out they had bipolar (manic depression), would you stop dating them? Bearing in mind manic depressives can be perfectly happy a lot of the ...

Why do i have to sleep at night?

Self Harming.. Help Me!?
Ive Recently started to self harm. i duno it just seems to make me feel better. i cant tell anyone, ive tried but it just dont come out. i cant stop. please help me i dont know what to do :( ...

I wish I could just sleep my life away?
I hate my life. The only time I'm happy is when I'm sleeping because I'm not in reality. I'm depressed all the time, I also doing something wrong, and I want to kill myself at ...

Shall I commit suicide?
I feel lonely, lost, sad and depressed.I am crying everyday, I went to a doctor but all he did is only listen and ask about the pasy, reminding me of the past made me too depressed.Medicine they made ...

Will i kill myself?
Hey, I know my question is weird but you dont know me, You dont know what I go through every day. The only thing that is stopping me is that I know i will go to hell.. When i was 17 i started cutting ...

I have heard it said that we only dream in black and white. Is this true?

Greeny
How to control fear before it controls you?
Yes,i have severe anxiety.

ron£million
Rating
pray to god, control your body and mind. dont let anything stop you.
get yourself ready for anything.

amyswannell
Rating
I can appreciate how you feel, my best friend has really come a long way to deal with her own anxiety so I will share her learnings with you in the hope that they can help you too.

My friend was very anxious and this was mostly around social situations. She would be fine when with close friends but very bad with her boyfriends friend's and people she didn't know well. When she became engaged she vowed that she would sort it out so it didn't ruin her wedding day.

She made an effort to work through the fear a step at a time. She did not avoid the social situations and took control by facing her fear before it got to her. For example, when she was in a socisl situation with her boyfriend she walked away and left him and found the courage to strat conversations with his friends and join in without being asked. She found that doing this let her own her actions and she found she could enjoy it.

It sounds daft but the biggest step is to own your feelings, recognise when you are fearful and accept it. Take 5 minutes to calm down with deep breaths and then regain control and get on with it.

My friend also had some counselling sessions before the wedding which helped her tremendously.

On her hen night she had a 10 minute wobble with fear but took herself away, took some deep breaths and got herself back in control and it did not affect her wedding day at all.

Good luck with it.

JAMES
Rating
Thinking more logically.

sixmilliondollarguy
Drink!

ray c
Rating
i to have anxiety but with help from your doc you can get over it there is no quick way but you will get better
try deep breathing count to 2 breath in count 2 out , there is no right way to do this , you need to go to your doc`s and he will point you to the right people to help you
good luck and remember you will get over this

wallybelly
tell urself u'll create wad u fear. n try to think of e opposite.

blue_eyed_southernman
Rating
i do too, my best advice is to get away from the source who is mean to you, even if it means moving, they are rotten do not stick around

andrew m
face it.........i know its not easy, but you will soon realise that fear and anxiety is much worse than the actual thing or things you are scared off......in fact 9 times out of 10 when the fear is faced up to you kick youself and wonder what the hell you were scared of in the first place...........

ooo3bffd8626af16
Take deep breaths of air and think logically also,,
If you take each letter from the word f,e,a,r,
(F) false (E) evidence (A) appearing (L) real,,, you get the word fear, and is only the persons emotions that trigger the chemicals in the body to alert status so that what ever it is the human body will be able to defend against it and survive.

mike 9999999
sweetheart, i think you need extra support to get through anxiety. either through friends or family, and if not them, a therapist/ counsellor. i think thats the best way. try to stay strong and positive. put effort into spending time with people. if you want to talk (i have the same problem as you), you can email me on zerocoolmd2000@yahoo.co.uk. i hope you work through it

Patricia K
Rating
first of all I usually call a friend and talk about whats troubling me.honesty helps alot.I also write about it. read it and try to find a solution.reading it to GOD and I ask for his help in prayer. I somtimes ask other people to pray for me. The bible says ''GOD has not given us the spirit of fear but of love power and a sound mind.'' breathe. nothing is impossible for him. It's in the asking and beliving that fear ceases.

Aabia
happiness is the one word
keep ur self happy
remember all happy times.
this word fear will just wipes out of ur mind by its own.

u r a happy person, aren't u?

Melanie D
EFT is an incredibly quick, simple and painless technique that can be done anywhere, at any time. It involves using a particular phrase, focussing your attention on the issue, and tapping certain acupressure points. See www.emofree.com for more info. You can learn to do it yourself from a free manual downloaded from the website, from the DVDs which are extremely good value, or from a practitioner in your area. As well as being incredibly effective at helping people to overcome phobeas, it's also great for helping people with addictions and other emotionally-based issues.

dovi g
i think it depends on the fear. if it is an external irrational fear e.g. dogs, heights etc the best thing is to put yourself in a situation where your worst case scenario happens e.g. bungee jumping if you are afraid of heights. go to the dog enclosure in your local park if you are afraid of dogs. I did it that way and it worked great. For more internal fears professional help may be required. good luck. living with anxiety is hell

Frenchie
Rating
Keep repeating to yourself that you can handle it or just buy Feel the fear and do it anyway by susan something

furbygusters
You face your fear.Once you do you will feel alot better about it.

shiro
The only way out is mind control, being able to control yourself, mind and emotions and calmly being able to know that no harm will come to you. It takes time but with time you gain confidence.
learn to relax

psstthok
Say this - out loud - learn it by heart:
(no it's not a fringe religion thing, it's from Dune by Frank Herbert)
better than prozac, librium, alcohol.

LITANY AGAINST FEAR
I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

MonAmi
Rating
mental toughness :remember when the going gets tough the tough get going!chill and all the best !

Ò‰FuzzyÒ‰ - Ò‰No-NosedÒ‰ - Ò‰ChimpÒ‰
I'm no expert, but Hypnotist Paul McKenna had a TV series where he cured people of phobia, and one of his main tools was distraction, he got people to tap on various parts of their bodies like a temple, the back of a hand and the middle of the chest, and this causes the mind to break concentration on what it is fearing. He didn't use it on it's own, but I think it would be a start point for looking into it, and far better advice than "face it" or "God will help you"!

Get some perspective on your fears by talking with someone you respect for their level-headedness, and follow their advice even if your fears try to overwhelm you and makes you want to rebel against the advice.

This method has worked for me, and is a method of spiritual counseling for what is called religious scrupulosity, which is a kind of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. I know that you may not have either of these problems, but I imagine that it would work the same on your mind concerning your particular fears.

vie
Rating
No soft drink,specially those who contains caffeine and also no tea and coffee and junk food.
Be very nice to your parents and other.
No alcohol drinks.
Be sure you sleep in a healthy room(free from all microbes)
Have some out -door activities with one of your best Friend before dark time.(Clean relationship)

Niall O
Assuming the fear is unwarranted, then you have to desensitise yourself gradually by exposing yourself to the object or situation you fear. Progess is decided by you, and never allow anybody else to push you beyond your self proscribed limit.

freefall
Rating
Depends what you're afraid of. I was afraid of heights until I started roofing a church once your up that high your not scared anymore. everyone has a fear of something, just take your time, for example I used to be fearful of spiders also so I learned to be in the same room with them until now I have a pet tarantula he crawls where he wants and it doesn't bother me. took a little while though. Just find out what makes you anxious and why, if it's a lot of things then just pick 1 or 2 things and work on them, when they are gone, pick 1 or 2 more.

kelbel
I think it depends on what your main fears are. When you feel yourself becoming anxious. Stop, take a deep breath and close your eyes. Then think to yourself, do I need to be worried about this? If it is something that you cannot control, like you don't know whats making you anxious maybe you need to see a psychiatrist to get some sort of relaxing drug. Good luck and remember 'fear is just a friend- misunderstood'

madtaz_30
Rating
i suffered with panic and anxiety for years and its already taken over my life cause i allowed it to!
i know it sounds mad but i always make myself think about the fear of things now, thats the thing you need to control.......DONT allow yourself to get to that stage cause thats when it takes ur life over!!!!
Try thinking more positive.........instead of thinking about what may happen, try to think of the good things that come of the situation.
Example........ dont think " oh my god, what if something bad happens" try to think ........ " yeah its gonna be a wicked time "
This might help you but on the other hand you could think that my name "Madtaz" is appropriate for me!!!!

eeore
Rating
Take baby steps to get over whatever it is that gives you the anxiety, a little bit at a time is better than overwhelming yourself. Keep telling yourself that you are not afraid and push yourself that little bit further each time, hopefully that will decrease the anxiety slowly but surely. Good luck and I hope you feel better soon.

echo c
Rating
see a counsellor or psychotherapist

anxiety is extremely common and relatively easy to get help for

ria1802
Rating
I have suffered anxiety for years. When i first got it i was frecked out as i couldnt control it. I manage it better these days. You learn how to cope with it eventualy. Dont try and run from it, it makes it worse.Eventualy you will learn techniques that help you.

Expertadvice
to want to kill the fear then u have to fight with the fear
don't let the fear jump on u but u must make the fear helpless
it's true
i was afraid of dark but i fight with that fear now i can stay at dark area / home

TRY THIS
Good Luck

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 22, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy