Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

I want to come off my anti depressants can you help?
I have been taking anti depressants for 10 years now and would dearly love to come off them.I have attempted withdrawal several times unsusscessfully.Has anyone taken antidepressants for as long as ...

What do you do everyday to make you feel happy ?

Is it harmful to smoke marijuana while on xanax, to relieve anxiety and/or paranoia ?

Additional Details
honestly i've been smoking for about 8-10 years and about 2 years ago i've been gettin super paranoid and high anxiety only when i smoke, so that means only ...

Do I have an anxiety problem?
I get stressed out very easily by little, stupid things, and am a huge worry-wart. Also, a couple of times that I have been in a room with a large group of people (especially during work meetings) I ...

Do you have a serious mental illness...?
and get frustrated when people make a really big deal about how awful the illness is while also getting frustrated that people don't recognize that it is significant?

I'm trying ...

I am 43. Is it normal to think about dying all of the time?
There are times I actually wake up and lay awake at night terrified of dying. Is this normal?
Additional Details
I was involved in a car accident 5 years ago. Other passenger was killed....

Is there something wrong with my neice?
i have a 4 yr old neice that is really mean to pets im not talking about rough playing i mean just plane mean. she tries to kill her animals she put her cat in a trashbag and hid it. put it in the ...

How can I get out in the world when I am full of anxiety? I haven't worked in a year due to the extreme fear
I have been diagnosed with general anxiety disorder with panic attacks and I have a hard time talking to people. I need to get out and get a job so I can support myself and feel better about myself....

What makes you think that alcoholism or addiction is a disease?

Do you think that self-pity is bad?
I have heard that it is not good for a person to have self-pity. I am not quite sure what self-pity is, so I want to ask you:
(1) what is self pity?
(2) how do you identify it?
(3) do ...

Do you know the most commonly prescribed meds for people with bi-polar disorder?
a family member has bi-polar disorder and i was wondering what kind of medication they take....

I am being abused online - what should i do?
I have been talking to this girl named Sarada on msn. Whenever i block her she always unblocks herself some how. I am 13 years old and she always threatens she is going to come to my house one day ...

I know i am depressed but dont what to do....?
I lost my best friend and two other friends in a car accident two years ago. Me and my best friend were like sisters. I didn't go help when she died because i thought i could handle it but i can&...

If someone is easillly manipulated what does that say about them ?????

Sick of life............?????/?
im an soo fed up with living, its causing nothing but pain and more pain,,,,,there is NO happiness ever.any one else feel this way? oh and i also hate that every one is '''soo happy...

Do you think depression is a choice or disease? I'd like to know your opinions...?

Additional Details
Although I've never been diagnosed, I'm pretty sure I have some type of depression. I try very hard to keep a clear mind and to only speak things that make ...

Does smoking marijuana cause schizophrenia?

Continual song in my head! Am I going mad?
My entire waking hours are spent with a song going on in the background. Even if I conciously try to block it out, it won't go away. It's not always the same song but when I wake, during ...

I wanna loss weight but don't have proper place or time/money for exercise?
iam 24 yrs weight is more than 74 i guess
i did went on gym for a month but due to shortage of money n time didnt able to continue it
i am lossing my confident due to this overwheight thing ...

Anger problems?
I have anger issues, which I want to get control of.

What are some ways for me to do this?...

Christine W
How much do alcoholics spend on drinking on average a year?

Charlie Choo Choo
Rating
Put it this way, they drink it and piss it off! $$$$$ down the drain!

Cutie_Smiley_Kisses
It acutally depends on how much money they have. But if they don't have a job not much!

michael
Id guess 10,000 and up.

cheers!

yahoo fan
rich alcoholics spend hundreds of times more than poor alcoholics. there is an ocean of difference. many variables and, therefore, unless you define your terms more clearly, i sure cannot suggest any answer but 100,000 pounds. crazy answer for crazy question.

Nora
Rating
I think as much as 6,000 and more if they like expensive brands

BRUTALITY
Rating
why, in my prime i was spending as much as $100 a week on beer, but im sure theres people worse than me.

Pilotman
I think about $643,000 a year...

Sean G
Probably about 6000 dollars!

Hello Kitti
As much as they have

xoxo
Rating
a HELL of alot .. thousands

julia_alicia
a lot!

in the thousands, easily

Apparao V
no alcoholir can be able to tell, as he never bothers only you and i bother.

Gynnie D
A lot! I'm not an alcoholic, but at 47 years old do enjoy going out once a month. When I go out on a night in town, I spent anywhere from $100 to $200.00. Usually, I have a nice dinner and drink the night away. I spent about $30 on car fare.

Sure I can hang around the bar with one drink and hope some fool will drown me in alcohol, but that's not me. I like to go out and socialize by meeting people, have a couple of laughs and then go home to my man.

He does not like to socialize that way so I have to do it by myself, or be stuck at home all the time.

I would not have that, and he knows it, so he does object to me going out. I invite him but he declines, so off I am by myself.

I always enjoy myself and the next day I wake up with a big smile, because I had a great time. Even if I have to go to work the next day I alway make it on time.

What I am saying if I did that every day, I would be homeless and poor.

My man drinks bottle of wine almost every night and a bottle sell for about $10 bucks, you figure it out!

woosiedoosie
Hic' up --- where's my drink?
Oh--what was the question?

pelos_53
Rating
hmmmm a 13 dlls bottle of whiskey...maybe last 1/2 a day... so round it to 20 bucks a day...140 dlls a week....600 dlls a month.....7,200 dlls a year.... plus your friends and family...

hh
Rating
as much as they can. and they pay with more than just money - they pay with their family, friends, jobs, health - you get the idea.

o_cantinho_dos_artistas
Rating
it depends on the body conditions of everyone and surely how much is already the alcohoic degree... the more it is, the less he(she) stands for drinking

Insane
Rating
Each case is quite different.
what is the frequency of the drinking? (you don't have to drink all day everyday to be an alcoholic)

What is the drink of choice?

Drink at home, in a Bar, or both?

How many drinks per session?

unless you can answer all of those questions you can not come up with an even somewhat accurate #.

senor_oso
Rating
Guess it depends on how much and what kind of stuff they drink. If they're buying gallons of fortified jug wine, probably only a few hundred dollars a year, but that may be all they have.

Higher-functioning alcoholics who still have jobs probably spend a few hundred a month, so call it several thousand dollars a year.

And rich eccentrics, well, who knows? 10 thousand? more.

Lacy
The smallest actual figure I could come up with for one year was $3,650.00. That figure would be for someone who drinks "well" booze, not "call" liquor. Call would be a good name brand such as Absolut, Well would be a name like Dubar Vodka. Thousands per year is well within the realm of possibility.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, September 19, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy