Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Cutting=emo?
if u cut urself then does that mean ur emo??
Additional Details
im not askingthis question becuase i wanna be emo for gosh sake!!!!!...

Can unhappiness or broken heart kill you ?
If you are emotionally upset and very unhappy can it shorten your life or eventually kill you ? Like a heart attack ?

Can you die of a broken heart ?

I think you can .....

How do I explain to my grandma why I tried to kill myself?
**DONT PREACH, I AM GOING TO GET HELP, I KNOW, I DON'T NEED YOU TELLING ME THAT KILLING MYSELF IS BAD, I'VE HEARD IT ALL, I SWEAR.**

I'm 17, live with my grandma
E...

I cant allow myself to eat?
I'm 17... i use to have a eating disorder... or at least the doctor was worried about how thin i was.. that was when i was 12..... i put on weight and weighed 140 lb when I'm 5'7.. ...

Am i crazy??? why is this happening to me????
I'm 22 now and ever since i was a little kid i've had dreams that where more then da ja vue i would dream about things before they would happen, sometimes before something happens i kind if ...

Does our society have no room for melancholia?
As soon as someone is slightly sad or melancholy do they receive a prescription for anti-depressants ? or they are told to buck up.

Is our society trying to hard to be happy all the time? ...

Help me get over my depression?
Well early this morning my cat was hit by a drunk driver he was probsly my best friend i am so depressed and i feel terrible i dont know how to get over my depression PLEASE HELP
Additional D...

Please help me?
I sometimes have suicidal thoughts. I don't have them as much as I used to, almost not at all, but should I still get help for it?
Additional Details

Can you please give me some tips to save money?
I use to buy and collect clothes, books, dvds, cds etc. When I get tired of them I just throw them away. Is this normal? Does anyone do the same thing? Please advice me....

How can i make myself physically sick?
i need to be sick and fast to get out of something, any ideas?...

Do you have any quick and easy tips for battling depression?
I've been down lately. It's odd because this is my favorite time of year. I have no real reason to be sad either. I've been crying at random times, and just feeling upset suddenly. I�...

Why Does Every Body Think I Am A Bad Person?
Well I went walking to get away and all because i went walking my Grandparents thinks i am a bad person i just have to get away from everyone cause i am still not over losing my mom in march and it ...

Can anyone remember when they lost their mind?

Would you like you if you met you?

Have you ever committed suicide?

Additional Details
The All-Knowing Sam's Q&A, you have been reported. Have fun trying to get another Yahoo account. HA HA HA ...

Will I ever be the same after this?
In April I was beating by two girls, one my age and one a year older(im 15). They called me many names, one excused me of sleeping with her boyfriend.- I didnt btw. It was after school back of the ...

Should I kill myself?
I just woke up and realized my life is a piece of crap just like everybody else's. who'd remember me anyway?...

Serious Problem. Please help me FRIENDS.?
I AM REALLY STUPID & SELFISH. I AM ADDICTED TO ( NO NOT SMOKING OR DRINKING ) TELEVISION , INTERNET, & LAZINESS. I CANNOT MISS MY FAVORITE SHOWS, I CAN'T STAY AWAY FROM THE INTERNET FOR A...

I cut myself and nobody helps me even when i do get help from doctors it just doesn't work for me it just hurt
Well i am depressed and i don't like saying why i am because it is in my family and i wish i was dead all the time and cutting just makes it feel like i am alive even if i feel like i wasn'...

Suicidal, I know I need help?
I am suicidal, my friends are all pissed off because they think I am not depressed and want me to go bak to my old happy self. But they are adding to it. They completely ignore me and act as if our ...

Bones
How many hours of sleep do you need for a good night rest.?

AL
7 hours and 45 minutes each night, at the minimum.

apetkw
Rating
8-11.
When you grow older it's usually 6-10

b a y b e e k♥
At least 9 hours.

Jim C
Rating
7 or 8 but I am old.When I was younger in my 20s 5 or 6 would work.

kencan
Rating
Depend on how deep you sleep. With melatonin, 5-6 hours. Normally, 8-9 hours

Rudy H
8 to 10 hours.

tennislover
Rating
6-8 for people older than 15

Roberto B
Rating
It depends a lot on the individual and the age, but the average, for an adult is 7 to 8 hours.
If you feel well sleeping less you can go for it.
Everyone is different.

squishycat
You need at least 4 hours of uninterrupted sleep to hit REM cycle, which is vital to feeling rested and having ultimate cognitive funtion. To get this, most people need around 8 hours of sleep, some more, some less. I need at least 8 to feel rested, myself.

careercollegestudent69
Rating
Depends on your stress level, genealogy, work load, mental and physical properties, age, etc. No one knows for sure, and sleep does not = rest. I usually require 8 and very seldom 6 I cannot get by with. I usually require 10 to really be on the ball and feel good. Einstein stated pretty much the same thing, but he used his brain instead of his brawn all the time. And my Grandfather used to say, "If it feels good, and you can get away with it, do it."

Jenny
Optimally for a healthy adult, 8 hours is considered well-rested, however each person's body is different and some can run off of 6 and be perky fine. My Dr. always ask when was the last time I got less that 4 without any naps? Most sleep aides state, do NOT take unless you can get 7-8 hours of solid rest. Additionally, sleep is proven to heal the body when ill.

ckswife
7-8 hours. It'll be added onto your life in the long run. Dopamines and endorphines are created while you sleep. If you don't get them your body will push you to EAT to get them that way instead. Lack of sleep causes stress which KILLS. When you are sick and you need to heal what does your doctor ALWAYS tell you: BED REST. It's your healing time. It's the time your cells replenish themselves.

banananose_89117
It depends on your age and health. Adults needs at least six to eight hours, while younger people need eight to ten.

makeitright
Anywhere from 7 to 8 hours are good for sleep but some people require longer or shorter times.
I function better with a full 8 hours but could sleep 9 hours and feel a lot better. It just depends on what you feel your body requires. Listen to your body and it will tell you what you need. (Well, not verbally).

twohot1979
Rating
6-7 hrs

letthereberain
Anything less than 10 and I am very cranky.

Dr. PHILlis (in training)
For a full night's rest, the "requirement is nine hours. But we all know that is damn near impossible. But it's the truth. Another thing is too that once you lose that sleep, there's no such thing as gaining it back or catching up on it.. it's a use it or lose it concept.

Jaymondo
Rating
Depends on your age - as you get older you need less sleep. For an average adult 8 hours is the ideal amount roughly but it varies from person to person.

Many geniuses and high achievers are famous for getting way under this amount of sleep though - Einstien believed in taking several short naps throughout the day, and Margret Thatcher is famous for geting only 3 hour sleep a night!

Lexy
Rating
9 to 12 hours...

SassySista
8 hours

The Zing
Rating
depends what your used to, before i had to get like ten hours a day but now i can be completely fine with about half that

el coruco
Rating
i guess they say you should have like 7-8 hours but i only get 6 hours and im good..

Nameless
Rating
Anything less than 8 might make you really cranky!

green.eclipse
Rating
An adult only needs 6-8 hours.
Those who need more sleep like 10-12 are known to not live as long and those who only get 6-8.

JD
Rating
I usually sleep 6 and get tired later in the day. meh. I need more sleeeep.

justanotherengine
6-7, i usually get about 5

Sasa<3
me personally? 7-10 any more or less and I feel horrible.

Anime Geek!!
10 or more and i dont even get 5!

Tyrone Biggums
Rating
6-8 hours but it varies from person to person

★Greed★
9 when you are a kid, 7 as an adult, and less as you age.

matteas_mom
I think it varies by person. I dont need alot of sleep, but I know people who have to have at least 8 hours or theyre draggin all day long. Studies have shown that you need at least 6 hours to function at your peak potential, but I would imagine that not everyone gets that. Alot depends on stress, nutrition and environmental factors too.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, March 25, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy