Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

I think I hate my 1 year old daughter?
She is 15 mths old
I rarely have tender feelings for her
I always shout at her, hit her, easily get mad at her for the silliest reasons, i treat her as if she is a grown up, not a baby.

My daughter tried to kill herself?
1 week ago my daughter took a bottle of pills and consumed half a bottle of vodka. She was in hospital for 3 days, but is now home with us. She has started thearpy, and I've talked to her, and ...

I want to kill myself?
I MISS MY EX BOYFRIEND AND I AM MOVING OUT OF MY PARENTS HOUSE AND I FEEL LIKE I HAVE HURT THEM AND I JUST FEEL LIKE I HURT EVERYONE I HAVE KNOWN IN MY LIFE SO IF I DIE I WON'T CAUSE ANYMORE HURT...

Is self-harm a selfish act?
What if no one knows or very few know?
Additional Details
"but one does one personally gain by harming themselves?"
It&#...

What is bio-polar?
I been having problems and they been telling me that i am depressed and any med. i am on just don't seem to work! And one day i was really ***** and someone said something i just lost it and my ...

Is piercing a form of self injury?
I was just wondering your thoughts and feelings on this subject. If a person pierces themselves with a safety pin or thumbtack, do you think this is a form of self harm?...

Are you scared of death??

What can i do to stop cutting?
I feel depressed alot and just seeing blood gives me back some sense of reality i yearn for but all my friends dont want me to. what should i do?
Additional Details

I am feeling very depressed and want to die. help?
i was standing on the top floor of a multi story car park on saturday and felt like jumping off but my gf was there and she stopped me and took me home. i fear she might leave me because... well i ...

How do you know if your depressed ?

Am i a little paranoid?
i am pretty cautious about the internet i mean i think this website would be a good way to meet people it's just you hear so much about stalkers and everything i'm afraid ...

What do you do when you are really depressed to fell better?
besides the obvious of taking meds and seeking therapy

did you ever try swimming in very cold water then taking a hot shower, then back in the cold water

this isn't ...

If you had to commit suicide, how would you do it?
Not that I am suicidal, but I know how I would-lots of sleeping pills and pain killers....

I feel humiliated?
my mum had the front of our house painted bright, sunshine yellow. itr is soooooo ridiculous and humiliating. it is more noticeable because it is a double fronted house of a terraced street.'ve ...

How do I keep myself from napping?
I've gotten into the bad habit of taking naps at around 4 in the afternoon and want it to stop. I just get really grouchy when I don't and extremely bored. What can I do to occupy that ...

Is anyone else still up?
Its almost 2am! I should so be sleeping right now because I work in the morning. ahhhhh....

Serious question about coping with depression?
What do you do when you feel depressed?? I only want people to answer if they seriously have ever been depressed, not just pious people who think they have the right cheeky answers. I get depressed ...

How do I finally free myself from depression?
I have suffered for 13 years, had counselling, various medication, CBT etc.... when will it all end?...

Should I commit suicide?
I am REALLY thinking about suicide. Nothing is going right. I was in the middle of suffocating myself, and then my boifriend at the time had called, and i had told him I was going to kill myself, and ...

What is wrong with me?
I have this personal issue with myself that I think is immature, unfair and greedy. I found out one of my friends is pregnant, it made me really mad and jealous. Also any one of my friends that get ...

Dreamer
How do i tell my parents I'm depressed?
Ok I'm have 13 and have been pretty depressed for about the past year, no one has noticed except my best friend. She keeps telling me ,to tell me parents but i just don't know how. I have been feeling a lot worse lately and even had a few thoughts of suicide. What should i do and how do i tell my parents???

Luna
Rating
Tell them you think you have depression and that you want to be screened for it. Tell them you're concerned about how you've been feeling and that it might be a sickness. If the doctor determines that you are, in fact, suffering from depression, then they'll be able to talk to your parents about getting treatment.

top.back
Rating
jus sit nd talk to them about whats in ur head

J B
Ask your parents to make an appointment with your doctor and talk with him about feeling depressed. He can determine if medication can help. Sometimes, it is very hard to talk with parents but they need to know how you are feeling. Maybe you could bring up the subject about depression by talking generally about it and then let them know how you have been feeling. Suicide is never an answer to your problems, it only makes more problems. Hang in there because as you get older, life will become easier. Being 13 is hard.

heartsstarshearts
Rating
tell them that you think you might need counciling because you havent really felt happy lately and you feel you have certian problems that need to be resolved

rapmaster2596
Rating
well the best thing for u to do is to try to talk to someone that u might trust with ur secret or that shares the same problem as u n c if he/she could help or go to ur guidance conuselor(if u have one at ur school)

vamprong
just start talking about it when your parents arnt doing any thing.

●๋• Vonnie ●๋•
"Mom...Dad ... I'm depressed..." 0_0

Being that their your parents I'm pretty sure that they'll be there for you. It shouldn't be up to other people to figure out what's wrong, sometimes you just gotta speak up. Just let it out then try and explain to them why.

This should be a no brainer

i have no idea
Just tell them, they are your parents, they love you and will be more than willing to do whatever it takes to help you or to get you help. Many, many of us have felt as you are right now so what ever you do, don't feel like you're alone in this.

Just go in and sit down and talk to them, you'll be so happy you did. Getting it off your chest will make you feel so much better. Remember, you're half way to being cured when you admit to the problem. Talk to them (not your bff) and feel better soon!

Another thing you need to consider is many people take the word 'depressed' very lightly. Most think that it's just that you're feeling 'a little down'. True depression is an illness (that can be cured) that causes overwhelming feelings of sadness, despair and at times even thoughts of suicide. When you talk to your parents, be sure that they understand that your symptoms should not be taken lightly or dismissed as 'just a teenage phase'. Make sure you tell them the whole story so that they can help you get the help you need.

Sending a question into Yahoo!Questions is certainly a great start, now take it a little farther and talk to your parents.

abs of steel
just tell them. you'll feel really good once you do. or tell your friend first. its worth the initial awkwardness between your parents but you'll eventually grow past that and things will fell a lot easier.

jennwtx
Rating
Write a letter reflecting exactly how you feel...don't write it to them just write it about you and leave it for them to read while you are at School.

Lost in her own world://
Rating
hunny,, they are your parents,, Just talk to them tell them how you are feeling. They will Understand, and get you the Proper help. Thats what Parents are for. they will support you hunny. Dont be nervous. you can do this. Its not that hard.

Shan
Rating
just flat out tell them,it isnt that hard.Just say with all with whats been going on you been depressed for quite sometime

evelyngrz
Well if you're parents hadn't noticed by now then you just need to sit down and talk to them. Tell them how you have been feeling and tell them that you need help, professional help. It will be hard to understand because only someone who's been depressed will truly understand, but they are your parents and they should definetely understand that maybe you need therapy. Depression is a serious issue, and with help you can accomplish it

Boston
just tell them before some thing horrible happens!!

rebecca.suter
being 13 is hard, your hormones are all over the place and it might be that, but it doesn't make your feelings any less real. If your parents are quite cool, be mature about it and just come out and tell them. Don't tell them the suicide thing unless you are seriously, seriously considering it as it will make them worry so so much. Adults can be very understanding if you just give them the chance :)

Pain without Love
say"i'm depressed''

Spitfire
Rating
tell em straight up, the longer u wait the more lethal these thoughts can get, they'll understand, it'll get better.

n_01
First you should talk about your feelings with a person whom you are most conferable with, it can be your friend, or a relative. If you feel good enough in talking to your parents about this...go ahead and tell them everything that is happening to you, and all the feelings that you store inside of you. You should definitely do this very soon, try to sit your parents down and just tell them that you have some problems and really need to talk to them. If for whatever reason they won't listen to you, I would most definitely recommend you talking to a counselor or someone who you have a good relationship with and who will listen to you and will get you some help!!!!! Don't be afraid to talk about your feelings with others, and most importantly get some help and soon!!!!

JT
I was around your age when I had to tell my parents that I was depressed.

Sit them down, and explain to them how you've been feeling.
Ex: "Mom, dad, there's a lot thats been going on that you don't know about. I've been feeling really down and school has been extremely tough. I've been having issues with friends and I just feel hopeless. I've researched the symptoms of depression and I really believe that I am depressed. I just thought that I wanted to let you know."

Granted.. this won't always get the point across and it takes a lot of courage to tell them, but wouldn't you rather seek treatment than be stuck like you are?

Definitely tell them soon before things get worse, trust me.. I've been through a lot.

Good luck!

♥Šωèé†íé♥
Rating
Call this number first and tell them. National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
800-273-TALK (8255)

Tell your parents "Mom, Dad, I'm very depressed, I keep having thoughts of suicide. Please help me."

puzzled
You tell them the truth, because suicidal thoughts can take over your mind, then you might act on them. You're parents would rather hear how you feel, then find out later that you killed yourself because you've been depressed, and they had no clue.

wrtrchk
Tell them separately while they are watching television or having some sort of quiet time. If for some reason you absolutely cannot do it, write it in a sealed letter and hand it to them. They want to help you but they can't help if they don't know you have a problem. Set a time frame in which to tell them such as today between 5 and 7pm. But the earlier you tell them, the sooner you'll feel better. I wish you the best of luck.

BRiiBRii<3
tell them you wanna see a counsler.
i am 13 too.
i used to cut myself.
but i am slowly turning my life around.
i have been going to a counsler for about a year and a half now.

Derek Zoolander
I'm 16 years old, and I'm in the same boat as you are. But my parents already suspect/probably know I'm depressed.

I only get depressed every now and then, so it's not that bad...

I would suggest telling them straight out. That would be the easiest thing to do.

Good luck, and keep me posted on your decisions.

Mikey Boy
The last thing you want to do is hold everything in, unless your parents are crazy they will help you and seek some professional help which will only benefit you. The best thing you can do is tell your parents. Just tell them how you feel and they will surely help you.

HarajukuCrime
You should write stuff down on a piece of paper or something to relieve stress and the depression is in everyone... I think... I have it a lot... I just do things that get my mind off of things... To tell you parents... Just start a conversation such as... "Why do people get depressed?" and find things out and just at the right point say something like that you're depressed for over a year... almost and talk about your feelings and your parents will help you as best as they could!! :)

Craig B
tell them ur depress and tell them what u been thinking about.
on top of that tell them what needs to change

dawn666annapolis
Rating
mom n dad, i feel really bad lately...and explain.

jacks_insanity
Rating
mom, dad, i need your help.
i have been experiencing awful depression lately and i do not want to let it gt out of control.

you know all of those commercials that tell parents to talk to their kids? it works the other way around too.

Armanis
Rating
DON'T!!!
No need to worry and depress them too. At 13, you're old enough to handle your own problems. Get on with it!!!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy