Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Do you ever just stare at the wall for hours on end?
I maybe just at the floor - staring at nothing and thinking nothing. Is this normal?...

I have asked it before, but I need help!?
I'm really depressed, and I have really bad anxiety...I think I'm fat and ugly...and people get mad because they don't see how I could think that...I get really nervous around people......

What do u do when u get really depressed?
what do u do when u get really really ...

Are you afraid of dying?
Every year around my birthday I get depressed about getting older. Any suggestions that don't involve, drinking or drugs?...

How do i tell my parents I'm depressed?
Ok I'm have 13 and have been pretty depressed for about the past year, no one has noticed except my best friend. She keeps telling me ,to tell me parents but i just don't know how. I have ...

Is it acceptable to rely on someone else for happiness?

Do you ever want to just run away?
Just get away from the responsiblities of being mother, wife, taxi driver,house keeper ect.. Whats a good way to just relax when you have all this built up stress?
Additional Details

Answer first correctly and get 10 points...........?
What antidepressant was one of the teens on during the Columbine incident?

A) Prozac
B) Zoloft
C) Effexor
D) Luvox
E) P...

I think I'm bi-polar?
I am 14 years old and everyone I talk to seems to associate my moods with adolecence, but I've started to notice that my mood swings are alot more violent than anybody else I know. One day I can ...

Why can't I just snap out of it?
I am very sensitive and get depressed easily. I feel empty as I lost my boyfriend and my job. I just want to snap out of it and start better care of myself. I just know don't know how. My ...

How can i love this baby when the father has made me feel so worthless?

How can I shake this off I don't know what's wrong with me?
This is not like me I'm feeling very down tonight I don't know why nothing has happened to me I feel like I could burst into tears but there's no reason for it. I suppose everyone has ...

I cant sleep...?
i have my hours mixed up. i sleep in the day and a stay up in the night. no matter how hard i try i cant get my hours turned around!!!! i need some help with this delima. so please... HELP ME!!!!!!...

Aliens replacing my wife???
Hi,

When I was about 18 I got really anxious and started having panic attacks for about 18 months. About 9 months in I started to think I was being poisoned by my parents and that aliens ...

On a scale of 1-10, how crazy do I sound?
I just chased an 11 year old girl down th street for being rude to me. I'm a 30 year old woman. Should I seek help? What is wrong with me?...

I think I hate my 1 year old daughter?
She is 15 mths old
I rarely have tender feelings for her
I always shout at her, hit her, easily get mad at her for the silliest reasons, i treat her as if she is a grown up, not a baby.

My daughter tried to kill herself?
1 week ago my daughter took a bottle of pills and consumed half a bottle of vodka. She was in hospital for 3 days, but is now home with us. She has started thearpy, and I've talked to her, and ...

I want to kill myself?
I MISS MY EX BOYFRIEND AND I AM MOVING OUT OF MY PARENTS HOUSE AND I FEEL LIKE I HAVE HURT THEM AND I JUST FEEL LIKE I HURT EVERYONE I HAVE KNOWN IN MY LIFE SO IF I DIE I WON'T CAUSE ANYMORE HURT...

Is self-harm a selfish act?
What if no one knows or very few know?
Additional Details
"but one does one personally gain by harming themselves?"
It&#...

What is bio-polar?
I been having problems and they been telling me that i am depressed and any med. i am on just don't seem to work! And one day i was really ***** and someone said something i just lost it and my ...

seiman782292
How do I tell my parents that I cannot go back to school yet?
I just had Christmas break and I fly back to school tomorrow. They recently told me that they noticed that I was depressed and that they were worried. They said that I shouldn't go back yet and suggested a therapist or antidepressants but I find it hard tell them that they are right.

I have never come to them or anyone about my problems and I don't even know how to start the conversation.

Please help- I have always vehemently believed that suicide was the most selfish thing in the world and I do not want to hate myself any more.

the lion
Rating
just tell them you love them... you may be, as i always was, quite surprised when my father has always helped me. my experience is if i keep my problems to myself they will become very large and i will not feel able to overcome them.. but as hard as it is to ask for even a little help.. i always seem to feel better.. with help.... i am certain that your parents, same as mine ...love you and will help you no matter what... sincerely, hoping you feel better..

habbohotelmaster2255
Rating
When u feel It is the right time just sit down and have a nice talk with them about it tell them how u feel they will understand i guarantee it.

stella
So just tell them that they were right without going into detail. They obviously care to have noticed in the first place. x

biggeo65
I don't know your age, but I was like you when I was at school.
Many times consider suicide as an option, but then realise that:

I love the others, but to show the others how much I love them, I should love myself first, and suicide isn't a sign of love myself.

Life is the most precious present God give to us, and we cannot turn it back, or turn it down.
Only when God want take his present back.

Just take words from your parents or from your reall friends abot yourself, they're the only people in the world that really care about you.

Life is too short and we have so many things to do, so just be depressed cuty off days of our life.

Try to talk with yourself and finbd what is the "root" of your problem you really have.

Most important is to SEIZE THE DAY. Try to get the most of each and every day, no matter what the others will say, or what the "blocks" may be on your way.

The other oppinion about you don't really important as the only one you know better yourself is you.

Live your life, think your an individual, one of a kind amongst other individuals and treat yourself like this.

And most important of all Love yourself soto learn to love others. Besides you will spent a life with yourself and if you don't learn how to love yourself you nenever learn how to love and care about others.

A special therapist will help you to open up, and talk easilly to others and to your parents about your problems. You don't need to start a conversation with them, they know the way to start with you. So if you can't talk to your parents see a therapist first. He/her can tell you how to open yourself to your parents.

Trust me your parents are there to help you with your problems. They're happy when you're happy.

And NEVER use antidepressants drugs or any drugs thinking that you can solve your problems.
Drugs just cover the problem, not solve them.

We have the energy inside us to overwhelm any problem or "block" in our lives.

KEEP SMILLING

Lissa
Just break it to them nice and easy. Hopefully they will understand. If not just tell them the situation your in very calmly and carefully. Oh, and about the whole suicide thing good choice. Good luck oh and try starting out saying that "We have to talk." And then go on saying "Mom. Dad. There's a problem. I cannot go back tot school yet because of my depression level lately. I wanted to tell you before about this, but i was scared. Is it possible that I can start seeing a therapist?" and so on and so fourth, but you get the point:D

couponcorner
Rating
Just tell them you agree and you need help. Perfectly good people struggle with depression. It doesn't make you bad. In fact, it is even possible that it is an illness (or other reason) causing the hormonal imbalance. Get the help you need from the people who love you!

mcdannells
Rating
Hello,
Why not print this out and leave it on there bed, or somewhere where they will find it in the house?
This way they can read what you wrote us?
Might be a idea for you.
Wish you all the best!!

Luke
Rating
tell them the truth don't be scared and it will all work out

kygrace
Rating
Well, it seems like you're just going to have to be brave and sit down with them and say - yea, I think I am depressed and I think I need some help.

This is far more mature a thing to do than anything else could be - and they will respect you more for your honesty!

Get well - I was depressed, too - it's a long road sometimes, but there is a good end to the whole thing! Life is beautiful, especially so when it has been difficult before!

ryssee
Rating
Sweetie, they are reaching out to you. Just reach back and say "I don't know what to say - I don't really know what's wrong, but OK. I want to find out what's wrong."
It's not weakness. They know you're hurting. They love you and want what's best for you. Listen to them and get some help for yourself so you can enjoy your life. It's ok to get the help they're offering. Really. In a short time you'll be able to say, "Thank you for the extra time and the help to let me get on with my life."
If we anonymous people here on Yahoo care enough to post an answer, then just think what's possible with the ones who love and care about you.
Here's a poem that's helped me - it references God but I don't think it has to be about God, it can be about your family and friends. I'm not religious so I always read it with Mom and Dad or my friends in place of him.
It has helped me, because it's about allowing yourself to be carried by the ones you love, whether you are religious or not.
"One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was
walking along the beach with the Lord. Across the
sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene, he
noticed two sets of footprints in the sand: one
belonging to him, and the other to the Lord. When
the last scene of his life flashed before him, he
looked back at the footprints in the sand. He
noticed that many times along the path of his life
there was only one set of footprints. He also noticed
that it happened at the very lowest and saddest
times in his life. This really bothered him and he
questioned the Lord about it. "Lord, You said that
once I decided to follow you, You'd walk with me all
the way. But I have noticed that during the most
troublesome times in my life, there is only one set
of footprints. I don't understand why when I needed
you most you would leave me." The Lord replied,
"My son, My precious child, I love you and I would
never leave you. During your times of trial and
suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it
was then that I Carried You."
Good luck and best wishes.

LC
Rating
You need to learn to really cope with it it first then calmly tell them.

Pillow Noise
Sit down and talk to them. They are your parents. As of now, they are the people who most love you in this world (besides God.) They need to know what's going on so that they can help you. You don't have to be strong right now. It's not one of those times. You need to be humble, and go get help from the people who love you most.

Suicide is selfish and very sad. There are ways to live your life progressively without causing harm to yourself. You just need a little help before moving on.

You can do this. It will be okay. You just need a break to get your life back and realize that no matter what happens, you will always live your life to the fullest.

Go tell your parents.

Suzianne
Rating
You have very perceptive parents. Many moms and dads deny their children are depressed or need help. Your parents have opened the discussion, so all you have to do is ask them what can be done to get help for you.

Great strides have been made in treating depression. It is not like years ago.

Stay strong and trust your parents to help you through this difficult time.

topguntony
Rating
You need to tell your Parents this.Surround yourself with friends and family.You also should ask yourself why do I feel this way?What can I do to improve this?There are answer's,Whats going on?Sometimes what we need is motivation.Drive a purpose.We all feel lost at times but,we can help ourselves with learning to live than survive.Go out and get whats needed.You can do this.

Sandylynn
Rating
You really need to sit down with your parents and talk to them. Since they were the ones who originally brought it up, it won't be a shock to hear that you agree with them. Get the help you need, especially since they want to help you. You don't know how fortunate you are to have parents that care about your mental health. Too many parents don't notice anything's wrong with their kids until it's too late. Let them help you. You can always go back to school when you're really ready. <*)))><

SoulEaterKurizu
Rating
You should think....okay what you have in your life. You were not born to kill yourself find your purpose. Everyone has a purpose. If you really need a break from school just say "I'm sick"
You should really talk to your parents or somebody that can support you. ;D

Sophia
Ok depressents only makes things worse I don't know what exactly the whole story is but yes killing yourself is deffinatly the worst thing you could possibly do. I can't really give you a good answer becasue I don't know all the facts but unfortunatly we are human and we succumb to these feelings if it is a serious issue on why you don't want to go back to school that you cannot tell anyone about I suggest you clear think about what is really so difficult to talk about to others then once you clear that concept ask yourself if you can't explain something to others and you need advice what use is it to keep thinking or feeling about if you can't vent or talk about it (when I use to feel depressed and I did i was like you I thought about my problems this way and it really helped it may take a while though but hey time is always on your side it gives your clarity) hope this helps

unionjackess
Rating
your parents love you. There is nothing and I mean nothing you can tell them that will ever change that.

D3ATHSYTH3
Rating
You need to grow up and take some responsibilities on so that you can feel like you have to accomplish something, You shouldn't have to feel bad about anything you build some confidence try to think about something that makes you happy when you find yourself thinking the opposite because thats all it take to get anybody to do anything make yourself feel good, i don't know if that makes any sense to you but at least i answered.

private
Please call with any problem, Anytime:
Girls and boys Town National Hotline
Phone: 1-800-448-3000
Email: Hotline@girlsandboystown.org

Eva~
Take a deep breath and say "OKay" to ur parents. SHout it if you need to.

mikezcim
Rating
Tell them. If you can tell potentially millions of strangers, you can tell them. Or tell your friends...just talk to somebody; it will help.

Just lay it out...it will work out, I promise.

Good luck!!!

Tony R
Rating
mom , dad or mom , mom or dad , dad depends on which you have my counselor at school believes I should take off from school a little longer before heading back to school they believe the stress i s way to much for me to deal with believe me most parents will understand

Ernie
Write it down, They will be upset and worried so let them read it and get freaked out without you there. Then they will come to you in a more rational state with their help and love.
Good for you for looking for ways to get help.
You know..almost everyone needs a little help sometime.
Good luck honey!

Jake
Rating
Hey, mom, dad, u might be right. I'm not really sure what's going on, but maybe I should try going to therapy or something.

oxocjxox
Rating
talk to your parents and go to the therapist. sounds like you need one, no offense

Kelsie Lynn
if you are depressed...maybe it is from keeping things away frolm your parents.. i suggest you try talking to them and letting them in on your life a-little

nancy m
Rating
You should try to open up to your parent and tell them how you are feeling. Its sounds like they are in tune to your feelings and your depression. There is no need to suffer when help is waiting for you.

Crystal
Rating
Start with: "Mom, Dad, remember how you noticed that I was depressed and that you were worried that maybe I shouldn't go back to school just yet? I have been thinking about that, and about your suggestion that I need some professional help. I think you are right. I need some help because I don't want to feel this depressed. Would you please help me get some professional help? I love you and I really need you right now."

Sarbear
The best thing right now is taking care of yourself which sounds like right now staying home and getting the help you in order to move forward and succeed. School will always be there. One of the hardest times in my life I had to admit to my parents that they were right and I needed there help and it was the best thing I could have done for myself. Just simple tell them you need to stay and you need there love and support to get better. Best wishes!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy