Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

My doctor just told me I have 4 months to live. What should I do with my time?

I am so afraid that my parents will die oen day. I dont know how I can be able to handle this. I am so worried
about that. I am a very sensitive person....

What causes you to panic?

Happy birthday to me!?
All my 'friends' seem to have forgotten my 28th birthday, and i am so sad!

Anyone wana cheer me up, by wishig me a happy birthday??
Pleeeeeease???!!...

What is the best pill for DEPRESSION?
At the moment I am very heavily medicated
375mg venlafaxine and 80mg chlopromazine lots of other med's and my depression seems to be getting worse please help (try not to be too flippant ...

Ok I'm a recovering cutter and I havent in over a week but now suddenly I wanna cut again sooo bad! help im13
what can i do? please help me! I've been trying so hard not to cut but i want to so bad right now.=S
Additional Details
I WOULD NE...

What are some natural ways to handle depression?
I am strongly opposed to taking anti-depressant medication, but I need help. Any ideas?
Additional Details
Please keep in mind that ...

What are you afraid of?

Is there anything worse than having a mental illness?

Am I depressed?
Whenever the weather cahnges(fall/winter) at night I get really sad. but its only when it starts to get dark out earlier. it just makes me sad idk why. is this normal or should I get medicine for it?...

Is this immature or something else?
I am 14 (I will be fifteen next week) And I think I have a problem. When I am alone and bored I play imaginary games. I pretend I am a princess that runs away from home and is taken by these people ...

I have a 30 year marijuana habit. Should I give it up?
I don't drink or do other drugs, except strong coffee because I enjoy the rich taste, as well as the caffeine. But I sometimes feel smoking weed is becoming a source of torment for me because I ...

Does anyone know what to do about the chronic feeling of emptiness, worthlessness.?

How does one get over someone who broke their heart?
Even after a lot of time has passed.....even after therapy, self-help, moving on with life in every other way.
Additional Details
WOW, ...

Do you think the voices in my head are real?

Additional Details
They're never evil just tell me things - wierd things!!!...

Would you date someone with bi-polar disorder?
Or if you were dating someone, and found out they had bipolar (manic depression), would you stop dating them? Bearing in mind manic depressives can be perfectly happy a lot of the ...

Why do i have to sleep at night?

Self Harming.. Help Me!?
Ive Recently started to self harm. i duno it just seems to make me feel better. i cant tell anyone, ive tried but it just dont come out. i cant stop. please help me i dont know what to do :( ...

I wish I could just sleep my life away?
I hate my life. The only time I'm happy is when I'm sleeping because I'm not in reality. I'm depressed all the time, I also doing something wrong, and I want to kill myself at ...

Shall I commit suicide?
I feel lonely, lost, sad and depressed.I am crying everyday, I went to a doctor but all he did is only listen and ask about the pasy, reminding me of the past made me too depressed.Medicine they made ...

guy2008
How can u save someone from suicide?
i posted earlier about my brother and his girl freind i found out hes doing drugs thats what he got arrested for he lives very nasty he dont care how he looks and he smells and when i seen him earlier he said he was gonna kill himself he does own guns not sure what to do becuse hes said he was gonna kill himself before i might be in danger myself .What should i do?

sharon h
sometimes the drugs he is taking can cause the feelings of hopelessness. I think in the 70's it was called bad tripping. Being as bad as he is it seems to me he may need some serious help here. I guess you being the only one so near him you should take it on yourself to contact a health authority or the RNC and ask them what can be done to avert a tragedy before it becomes one.
Every counsel for suicidal situations are different. I sat with a young woman all one night till the wee hours of the morning, just listening to her and being an ear so to speak. Sometimes they just need someone to really listen and tell them all the reasons why they should live, etc. Obviously he or she that contemplates suicide feels there is nothing left to live for, that life is pointless. That is not true and a lie he telling himself. Each person is special and there is only one copy in all creation. One set of gifts and talents unique to him and him alone. That's what you have to make him see...... his value and uniqueness to the rest of the world. Be a friend to him, open your heart and share and encourage him, be sympathetic to his concerns. And keep offering the hand of friendship each day, call, email, visit and let him know there is someone who cares and understands. Hope I have helped some on your question for you.

Matt
Tell him he matters...there is more than life to girls, epecially his brother who cares! People will miss him if hes gone. Theres a whole world out there full of adventure, and giving up is never an option. Motivate him, and if it gets too hot to handle, tell your parents and work something out. Just make sure he doesnt kill himself. Contact a professional also

Evilbob
Rating
Talk to them.

Florence P
He is crying out for attention, but he is not sure how to get it yet. Suicide is depression left untreated. You need to get someone that he cares about to talk to him before it is too late. Get him to a doctor because there is medication for this. You can have him "bakeracted".....the hospital can only hold him for 72 hours then they have to release him. If you really feel he is going to do something drastic, call 911 and they will do it for you. Good luck.

Brandy N
Rating
You could have him commited into a mental health facility. If he is suicidal then they will involuntarily commit him.

Mandy Cat
Intervention! Maybe gather the whole family, everyone that loves / cares for him. That's really all you can do, he ultimately has got to want to live and/or change!

Bettee62
Rating
GET HIM TO A PROFESSIONAL, ASAP. TALK TO THE POLICE AND ASK FOR HELP

Kitten Toes
He is probably just looking for attention. My sisters husband has threatened to kill himself to keep from going to jail (he was sent to rehab and therapy instead), and one of my ex boyfriends threatened to do it if I left him. Losers, both of them. This guy sounds the same. If you are genuinely concerned for his safety, call a help line, and stay away from him.

Sonshine!
Rating
I just gave my email address ta a girl about that same question. please mail me at mustardseed724@yah.....
I'm a recovered addict and..........

Cheri S
Rating
Talk to your parents and then all of you can call the police. you might think that is messed up because he is your brother, but if you don't and he kills himself you will wish you did for the rest of your life.

tell them what he said, that he has guns and hope that they can get him some help. That is your only option. Don't go back over there, you ARE in danger.

ME
Rating
try talking to him and see what is his problem. Maybe by expressing himself he will be relieve.

Catalyst
No matter what reassure him that he is loved and depended on and he will be letting the people he loves down. Tell him that you will feel tremendous pain for his loss.

Wolfy747
get support. police, community, all of the above. you need to intervene. if not, he'll likely take more than himself down. and the last thing we need is more ammunition for those who support gun control. I would not let this lie, and possibly the more public you could make it, the better; as he will have no place to go, and will have to face his problems. I do not know any names or numbers off hand, but I would try asking the police department if they might have any councelors that they might be able to spare for this sort of thing.

-Argiope

My 2 cents.
Rating
This is too much stress put on you, don't hesitate to tell someone that can help. Remember if this does end up happening ITS NOT YOUR FAULT. If you feel like your in danger than you need to tell someone immediatly. Don't be afraid, you could be saving your life and his life.

Renee'
first, you want to be sure that the family is aware of his intentions. Talk one on one with your brother. Show him that he is surrounded by people who love him and want to see him succeed in life. Offer him help and guidence to overcome his drug problem. If he lives alone, maybe you could stay with him for a couple of days. If he is serious about this then dont do or say anything to encourage him. Just show him that everyone would be very upset, and nothing is that bad, to kill yourself over. OR he might just be doing all of this to get attention because he feels that no one loves him..... I really hope this helps you out in this scary situation.

ladyrenegade81
Rating
Call the cops, if he is that far gone you never know what he will do.

rockyfella25
Rating
call the police and tell them, they will get help for him but make sure he doesnt have any drugs in the house you dont want to make his problem worst.He is calling out he needs professional help.

goldilocks82
Rating
Try to get him to go to a hospital for help.

katie
Rating
i have been suicidal my self..ive cut,,ive overdosed.

ive been in rockford and shepard pratt and franklin square,

i would tell your parents to take him to the hospital. its for the best. they may keep him in there for a week and give him some anti-depressents.

it helps.

goodluck.

thaahillbilly01
Rating
The hard part is accepting that you really can't do anything.

Marine Wife
you need to tell somebody. That is nothing to mess around with. In the state that he is in it sounds like he would really do it. Tell your parents, get him help immediately, before something terrible happens.

Man on the Moon
Rating
Tell your parents or tell the cops. They would prevent him from doing it and they will put him into psychology .

me
I dont know how old you are, if you are a minor, you need to tell your parents so they can do something, if you are older, i suggest you call the police and explain the situation, that he is very depressed and has firearms at his disposal. he will be very upset that you did that but it will save his life and he will thank you later.

Vanessa C
Rating
I see no one wanted to touch this question...

I suggest you pray for him(if you believe )
pratically talk with and see if he is serious
and see if He wants help, or if you could
be instrumental in helping him get off of
drugs, and changing his lifestyle.

Talk to others to help emotionally support you.

afi567x
I think the only way to attempt to save one from killing themselves is to simply talk to them.

BL
Get psychological help.

A_Moron
I had a friend commit suicide. You can't stop them. If someone is at that point in their life, its really hard to stop. Encourage them to seek help as gently as possible, and YOU can seek professional help in seeking his help.

Tony R
tell your mother

Rachel B
Rating
OMG TELL YOUR PARENTS

warriorxstud69
all you can do is be there for him. if he told you that, it means that he is calling out for attention. it means that he wants to be saved. just support him in all the positive things and help him get help for all the negative things, such as substance abuse. in most cases, people just want someone to listen and be there for them.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 22, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy