Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Do you ever feel like you really need to talk to someone but then can't actually do it?
When people email me about stuff I wrote on here, I always want to answer them but can't manage to actually say anything at all, even just something like "got your email" or "...

What kind of over the counter medicine relieves stress?

Im so alone!?
Hey! recently i seen my doctor because ive been feeling depressed and he wont let me have antidepressants because im only 14,i feel like theres no other way.
Im pushing my friends & family ...

Okay, I am a drug addict who just lost his job. What should I do ?

Is there a mental disorder that involves people talking to inanimate objects? If so what is it called?
For example if a boy was talking to his calculator would there be a name for what he was doing? And also in that film Castaway when the guy talks to a football, that kind of thing....

I think a lot .what should i do?please help.?
i think about life and its ways very ...

Has anyone ever...........?
.........thrown up poop??? I'm serious! I am really sick and I have actually been vomiting diarrhea (a lot of it).........gross, I know, but I want to know if it's ok. I know it's ...

No one undstands?
What should i do ? i have been feelin low for good few months but my gp doesnt quite understand mental illnesses i dont think and i feel as if i am hittin a brick wall
Anyone help?...

Please help me with my depression...?
God, i can't deal with this anymore.. I'm living with the person that broke my heart a year ago.. and I know the obvious thing to tell me is to move out, but i cant.. they are my cure as ...

Is it the best solution?
When you lost every person that you know, you will run away. Is it the best solution?...

Would you kick your 16 year old out if they told you ...?
They won't go to the public high school parents made them go to...and the next resort to making the teenagers life a lot better is to homeschool because the high school gives the teenager severe ...

Anyone know what this could mean? Psychologically?
I cannot sleep, I panic all the time, (feel like I cannot breathe) and have no appetite. I feel like I am putting the pieces to some huge puzzle together, and if I sleep, I will miss finding one of ...

Why am I seeing this?
I had a dream that a girl with wings saved the world and the next day my brother painted a picture and it was the same girl with wings saving the world and he said she was his friend. Then I found ...

If smoking cannabis leads to mental health problems, how come I'm still fine sfter 25yrs of pot smoking?

Additional Details
apart from the odd typo, that is!...

I think I'm a toaster. What should I do?

I'm scared whats wrong with me?
I have been stressed for a long time, i also have derpression
but this moring i woke up feeling really sick and felt like i wanted to faint, also my mother who is diabled fell over this moring, ...

I just found out that my girlfriend cuts herself - how should I act?
Last night, I finally managed to pry out information from my girlfriend that she has cut herself in the past. The last time she had done it was 2 months ago (or so she tells me), becuase she felt bad ...

Iam just too frustrated........(seriou... answers please)?
After 17 yrs of my life i realize that there has not been even 1 person on this planet who understands me , knows who iam , not even my mom , she is so wrong about wat i think , she relates me to my ...

Do u like fat poeple?

How does a person explain their hatred towards their rapist,to a therapist that won't listen?
I am trying to explain to my therapist about why I hate my ex-boyfriend who is also my rapist, but all she can focus on is the fact that I don't have a job yet, but I just got discharged from ...

leigh
How can i help someone who wants to kill themselves?

Additional Details
he lost his girlfriend a couple of years ago after she had his baby he says he cant cope at all iv told him he needs to be strong for her what else can i do?

sosgez
Rating
Get in plenty of kitchen towels and some warm water.
Or, get them a nice big chocolate Easter egg.

Lee
Rating
you can go to prison for doing that so i suggest you dont if they want to kill themselves let them do it alone

bperez2002
just call the authorities and advise them of what is going on

luminous-tiger
Seek medical advice from your gp or ring police or ambulance. There is nitrhing you can do on your own, this person needs proffessional help!

Madam O
they need professional help, but in the meantime maybe you could find out what is bothering the person and just be there for them if they need a friend or someone to talk to

Mary
Rating
not enough information for me to give you my advice. So Sorry.

b97st
Convince them to go and see a doctor.

Caitlin
Rating
Get the # for the suicide prevention hotline (should be in the front of the phone book). Tell a trusted adult, and maybe try to figure out why they want to kill themself.

im_destracted
I can stress this enough, you need to take them in for help. The way it seems they cant make a true decision on their own. At this point you basically need to take over for them. Knowing somebody needs help and you didnt help is the worst feeling in the world. You dont want to regret not doing anything. You just need to think what is right for them. Just put it as death is not an option. Good luck and all the best to you. Be strong for you and for that person!!!

tella
Rating
By staying with them (or them with you if you have a family)by keeping them calm. occuppied by doing things..The fact that they have reached that low means they want/need your help (you may never hold judgement or cross them).plus you sound a strong person which they need in their life/s.try to appoint (self help groups)Iknow its not easy for anyone as depression is one of the high est on the list for people to do things.there is light at the end of the tunnel..be strong and keep positive..
I wish you well !!!!

CLICKHEREx
He should immediately review his medication, possibly changing amount, or type, or even get a second opinion. You could try to get him to join you in the simple relaxation exercise of silently gazing at a burning candle in a quiet, darkened room for 20 minutes, acknowledging any passing thoughts, and then gently redirecting mental focus to the gazing. Leave some candles there. This should be done daily, and best results are achieved if done 3 times daily. Daily exercise is important, too: 30 minutes is good. Vitamin B complex, and 4 fish oil supplements, daily, can also help, and there should be little time for introspection, by keeping occupied. Give him the following resources: 1800 life net & http://www.suicidehotlines.com/ (.com/national.htm) Ph: (800) 442-HOPE & http://www.suicidepreventionhptline.org/ There is a forum and I have just done some more comprehensive posts on depression & relaxation exercises (in the first one on meditation). Has he approached the local social service groups about help? Keep being supportive: look in on them regularly.

MK
Rating
This is not good you need to seek help for them NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheyanneonehare
Rating
not sure just talk to him i guess.

LillyB
Truth is you can't really do anything. You can let the person know you are allways there for them and give them all the support you can. At the end of the day, if your friend wants to take his life it really has nothing to do with you and you can't stop him.

Rachael H
You really can't do a lot. It's a positive sign if they tell you that's what they want to do. My brother didn't say a word to anyone before he did it.

chuckler
Rating
The only thing you can give them is your time, care and advice. Oh-also most importantly, your prayers

crack ho barbie
tell him
-his family and friends especially his kid need him alive
-his girlfriend wouldn't want him to resort to suicide
-he needs help to cope with his grief
-if he stays alive he could find more happiness in his life (even though he may not feel like it at the moment)
-he needs to try his best to avoid resorting to suicide as his death will cause great pain in people who care about him and he will never be happy again if he dies
-if he learns to cope and survive he will experience happiness again and he won't leave griving relatives and a fatherless child

Tacit Rainbow
Provide them with whatever they need, pills, rope, ammunition. but why would you want to help them kill themselves.

GRINDLE
make sure he is never on his own and please get him into a unit where he can be assessed and treated.

mkandfa4rever
call 911

or you will be in big trouble with the law

Aunt Bee
Rating
Call 911.Don't tell them you made the call.Wait until the fire department knocks on the door and you let them in.Then tell your friend that you only did this because you love him/her.He/she needs to go with them to the hospital.

mesmerized
U.K.
Samaritans 24 hr. Helpline. 0845 7909090.
U.K
MIND Mind Helpline 0845 766 0163 Open Monday to Friday 9.15am to 5.15pm SANE (http://www.sane.org.uk) SANELINE - 0845 767 8000 Open 1pm-11pm 365 days a year ...

First talk to the Samaritans yourself, then see if the person you're worried for will talk to them , or saneline.

When he's feeling stronger watch "Jack and Sarah" with him. A film about a father who loses his wife in childbirth, and then brings up their daughter( with a lot of help from a wide support network of family and friends)

M : (

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.064
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, July 31, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy