Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Does anyone really believe counselling helps get over depression?
I have just been diagnosed with depression and got medication and counselling, but i dont want to sit and talk with a total stranger of my problems. I dont even want to take the drugs really! does ...

Am I the only person who HATES it when people say no offence and proceed off to a rude comment?

todays comments:

My "friend": "No offence, but your family is weird..."

I was offended, and i tried to say something back but she didnt hear ...

Love and betrayel on yahoo amswers tell me what you think?
in may 2008 i met a guy on yahoo answers the category of course was in polls and surveys.then my father passed away may 22nd 2008 after my father passing away i still have grieved for him this guy ...

Whats your deepest fear ?
Be honest what is your worst fear, im not talking about those little things, im talking about the things that would hurt you for the rest of your life... what do you deeply fear?

i fear ...

Do you think im nuts?
im 22, self harmer of 6+years. I'd say for my age quite a heavy drinker! At the moment apart from the occasional pet sitting job im unemployed, i spend most of the 24 hours sleeping and when im ...

Why do people get cancer when they dont smoke?

Right now I feel crappy...What to do?
It is not for any particular reason, I just feel crappy. I know I am not always a nice person, I don't want to be this way but it just seems to happen. What can i do to cheer myself up? I was ...

Has anybody ever seen a Vampire?

Why do people give such mean answers?
Especially in the mental health section. Mental health is not a joke.
Additional Details
Well I read answers and questions about people offing themselves. I recently asked a question ...

What is the easiest way to remembering the things?
Day today things are forgetting often and unwanted things are in our memory with out forget. How to overcome this habit? is there any procedure to practice?...

If you could ahve a tattoo where would you have it?

How can a human stop thinking about death and suicide everyday?
How to avoid thinking that way, what to do,...

I'm so happy I need bringing down, can you depress me otherwise I'll burst?
I can't even talk about it because it will make me even happier.
Additional Details
Thank you everyone.
P...

What if you're so tired and exhausted and want it all to stop!? Isn't this an acceptable reason for suicide?

Is it ok to always want to be the center of attention no matter what?
because i feel like i have to be the center of attention and if im not i just feel out of place. i wanna be the craziest loudest person in the room....

What is the best way of dealing with stress?
finding it really hard concentrating because i have just started a new job - things are really getting to me - read about fasting and meditation - anyone have any ideas ??...

What is wrong with me? I cant stop crying...?
I have felt depressed / 'down' for 6 years, ever since i got into a bad relationship with a 'bad boy' when i was 16. He used to threaten me, push me around, he almost raped me..<...

What is the secret to letting go and really being calm?

Do you ever feel like just breaking down and crying?
Do you ever just want to cry? Is there a reason or do you just feel that way? Sometimes I just feel like i need to, but i cant. I want to sometimes when im alone because sometimes i think it would ...

What's suicide?
Hi,guys!Does anybody knows what's suicide?If you have any information or links for that topic please sand me.Thanks!!!...

Bobby J
How can I go to sleep easily?
I quit smoking weed for more than 6 six months ago, but I still have sleepless nights sometimes because I am sober.

defender163
Tylenol PM

Dream catcher
Rating
I used to have the same problem before my mom helped me i prayed with her and she told me that it would be ok and i would sleep better i slept bettre for a couple of years but then it happend again but this time i used another method what i did was make sure nothing is disturbing me turn of all the lights so its very dark then put glow in the dark stars on the cieling look up at them and just visioulize u some where else like a daydream. After this u will have problems staying up!:)

goodgirl
i know the feeling i smoke weed on a daily basis and it helps me sleep and calms me down.

christy a
Rating
you should be over that by now, it's probably in your head, exercise will make you tired... i always just replace on addiction with another..

franslaimbock
www.alfonsven.com for your nervous system restoration
www.emofree.com If you feel traumatized by the whole thing
Good luck my friend!
Tomoroww is Maria ascention :-)

dave6920042001
Rating
think about having your own island

raysny
Melatonin is a supplement available without a prescription at any drug store. Cheap too.

Melatonin is produced naturally in the body, so it's not like putting something totally foreign into it.

When I quit drinking five years ago, I had a lot of trouble sleeping; they put me on pills for three years, and when those stopped working, they were going to prescribe more pills. I talked to my doctor, explained I didn't want MORE medication, and she suggested I try this. I'm glad she did.

mrcricket1932
Rating
Perhaps it is time to evaluate why you started smoking. Why did you need that upliftment and calming effect? Is there an underlyiing factor that prompted you to feel you were in need of some form of help? Is pretty common in alcoholics and druggies.. trying to get an avenue of escape from things they have to mentally face each day. Something that continues to to thru your mind to prevent sleep?

Patti C
I find Tylenol PM helps me sleep.

jose m
Rating
get alot of fluffy pillows and put they arund your body, you will sleep like a dead person, that is if you choke or die.

HoTbOd sWiMmeR
Rating
start smokin again

mickjam
Rating
Work out hard during the day. I would say lift weights. You'll sleep like a baby.

PMji
walk for half an hour before you want to sleep

flame_alchemist
Rating
This sounds silly but I really find it a way to fall asleep.

First Drink a half glass of warm milk. Then return to bed, sleep under the covers. It's harder to roll over so you can fall asleep. Then pick a spot on your wall where you can stare. Stare til you fall asleep.

This may or may not work. Who knows.
Good Luck!

Rock_N_Roll_Chicky
what are u doing before you go to sleep? watching tv or useing the computer or have caffine..try to cut out caffine and dotn do anything like watching tv or use the oputer before you go to bed

pink pirate13
count sheep or count backwarda from 100 very slowly and only focus on that.

silvercomet
Rating
I've heard it said that all you have to do is imagine that you are still in high school.

--Frankly, it hasn't worked for me, even though I was bored out of my mind in H.S.

Tabatha
i am someone who has battled many a sleepless night...the best remedy i have found is to envision blackness. start by thinking "black" (the color) and let the color consume your thoughts. i have found this to work for me everytime...i end up asleep without even realizing i'm going to sleep.

justme
Tell me when you start getting better sleep and what you have done differently. I have sleeping problems myself that I'm trying to deal with.

Insomnia can possibly be signs of mental and/or physical health problems that you may not be aware of, such as depression.

I'd advise you to get a physical checkup from a doctor and also tell the doctor if you have been experiencing any changes in your mood. Be very specific about your lifestyle and any changes in your sense of well-being.

gwankim90
before u sleep, take a shower with warm water and try to think about God

Just Me
Rating
I have a lot of trouble sleeping, but I have found one thing that helps.... sometimes. I daydream that I'm in a room with other people around me but while they're talking, I'm sleeping. Kind of odd, I know. But for some reason it relaxes me enough so I can actually fall asleep. Just wish it worked all the time.

1plum
Rating
that a hard one gee lets see try eating late at night and watch plenty of tv. congrats on being weed free.

RLC
Speak with a doctor and see what they say. You could try increase in working out before you go to bed to make you sleep

Knackers
I know where your coming from and I got a script of valium to get me back into a routine but watch you dont make that a habit

sashaaspen
you can take a her called meitonin I think is how you spell it it really helps

R. F
Rating
Personally, weed keeps me awake all night on the computer. If I really need to get to sleep and I'm too wound, I find a shot or two of rye helps me ... OR ... you could take a pill ",)

just me
Rating
dude start smoking weed again. it will help you fall asleep ;)

brai t
Rating
10 Tips to Sleep Well
http://www.askaquery.com/question/10-Tips-to-Sleep-Well.html

Carrie!
Rating
Try taking a nice warm bath or shower before bed. Maybe do a little exercise if that relaxes you.

Just find something to do like 15 minutes before bed that relaxes you and it should help.

sf49rox
Though this is probably inappropriate for Yahoo! This is the truth, and effective truth.

The best way to relax and make it easier to sleep is to beat the meat.
Or take Ambien.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy