Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Wtf??????????
why are people so rude and bothered by people with body piercings..i have them i just want opions on why people are against them and bothered??..if you were a parent would you let your kids do this?.....

I cut myself. Again!?
Here's my previous question:
http://answers.yahoo.com
Yesterday i was ok. But then i spoke with ...

Is it wrong to feel happy all the time?
I know this sounds silly but my life has so much passion and meaning, sometimes I wonder if it's really meant to be as such. I look around me and see people that have so much pain and grief, but ...

I am going through a lot and Thinking of Suicide. What should I do?
My dad and I are argueing. My boyfriend and I are about to break up. My mom is starting to become Bulimic and My best friend hates me because she is in love with a guy that I wont hook her up with. I ...

Ugh! I feel like crying?
It's Sunday and,yet again,Im scared of going to school tomorrow. I have anxiety and being in a classroom makes it soooo much worse. Please give me some ways of not thinking about anxiety or ...

Is smoking weed bad for you?

I cry for no reason?
I guess I should say I get teary-eyed for no reason. I am extremely emotional and can get teary-eyed if someone says something nice or mean to me. I get teary-eyed at the smallest things, like in ...

Do u think they will put me in a mental hospital?
I'm only asking this because my mom mentioned it to me the other day. I had cut myself that night, have been doing it for a year, and she found out. She said, "Next time you do that, I'...

It`s my birthay tommorow???
i`ll be 27 but i still feel about 18!!! how old are you and how old do you feel??...

What do you do to de-stress?

What is the best way to cope with bipolar disorder?

Do you fear death?
do u fear death, no matter what it will happen so shouldd u actually fear it?...

Smoking Marijuana...HABIT or ADDICTION??

What do you do when your spooked and alone?
My boyfriend leaves for work at 3am and I ususally wake up when he leaves and since I am alone in the house I sometimes get really creeped out and spooked... partially because I am really sensitive ...

How to avoid sleeping in class?
i've tried sleeping early, but that doesn't work.other ways?...

How do i get over my fear of death?

Is depression deadly?

How is life 4 people out there?

Additional Details
for anyone and ...

There's a guy works down the chip shop swears he's Elvis!?

Why do i wake up in the morning...?
and not feel like doing anything, i just feel like nothing is worth it, im not gonna kill myself, and this isnt a cry for attention i would just like some opinions ...

Shawna
How Can I Get Myself To Get Out Of Bed?
Okay, EVERY night I tell myself, ''I'm getting up earlier tomorrow'' And I'll go to bed ''early'' (12:30) and then STILL get up at 1 in the afternoon the next day! It is really stressing me out because I can NOT get up in the morning. I know it would be so much healthier and everything, but I can't motivate myself when I'm laying in bed at 10a.m.
My usual sleep schedule:
Go to bed 12am, get out of bed 12pm
Go to bed 3am, get out of bed 1pm
Etc.
I know I sound like a lazy bum, and that might just be the case, but please, if you want to answer give me some real advice that his helpful and not negative comments. You'll survive without those two extra points if you'll just keep the unnecassary insults to yourself. =) Thanks to all!
Additional Details
WOW... Thanks so much for all your responses! I wanted to add to some people that mentioned things like ''go to bed earlier, take sleeping pills, etc.''
My mindset is ''I have so much work to do! I have school, and work, and family, and tons of stuff, I can't just up and go to sleep at 9pm!''
Wow, anyway, thanks to all, it's going to be really hard to find a ''best answer'', they are all great. Thanks again. =D

Carly S
Rating
hmmm
well i think u should go to bed a lil earlier, maybe 10:30, maybe not do this everynight but most nights, not only will u get up on time, u will be less moody and much more alive and awake.
sleeps good for you, so the earlier you go to bed the better, always works for me
good luck
love carly
xxxxx

k
I do not feel you are lazy! I would though suggest that (even though it may take some time) try going to bed just a bit earlier every night. Obviously your body needs that sleep or you wouldn't be sleeping 12 hours. I am a 12 hour sleeper and so are my children. There is nothing wrong with that. If you think (you know best) there is an underlying reason (depression?) then please seek some counseling. There is nothing wrong with that either. Take care and be safe.

Daisyhill
Rating
You are going to bed too late...it's as simple as that...12.30 is really quite late, especially if you are on the young side...you have to make yourself get into bed early...like 9.30...just lie there and read...you will go to sleep if you keep the lights low...you just have to break the habit.

drea
Rating
go to bed early. the REAL EARLY.

hah. i do eactly what you do. i got up at three in the afternoon yesterday i know wtf? so, just go to bed at nine or ten at night, baby steps. lay there until you go to bed. if you don't fall asleep in a half hour get up and get a glass of water. for serious.

oh i know what you mean to. your in bed and its eleven and you just dont get out, suddenly its 12. i do the same i just get on my sidekick and its 1 im like fcuk.

just get up and go to your sofa. or turn on the tv.

ddubya909
you need to find a way to motivate yourself....goals/money/relationships/ec...

the first week is the hardest...really hard...but hang in there and it gets really easy after that. a lot of it is mental....when you think im too tired or cant get up...thats what your brain says. i put my alarm in another room and that helped me alot.

you can do it girl! if anything you can tell yourself that you need to do it, cuz no guys will want to be with someone that sleeps all day, lol

Deborah S
It sounds like maybe you're depressed? Or maybe your deficient in vitamins or something. Talk to your doctor. Maybe you just need 12 hours of sleep. I function very well with 9 hours. Any less, and watch out!!

Mercedes
Wow! It sounds like ME writing this post, lol... I have the same problem!! I still have not combed my hair today and it's 3:30 p.m. where I am!!! I had worked years on a night shift and am still stuck in that rut... I get really moving around 7 p.m. or so and I'm good to go...

I would try brewing some strong coffee and drinking lots of juice also.... maybe make some plans to go shopping or plans with someone to go somewhere or do something to motivate you!!

I also find going to sit outside in the cold fresh air will wake my lazy butt up sometimes..... breath deep and tell yourself to "SNAP OUT OF IT!".. Don't feel bad... I'm with you, lol..... Sometimes it's just a killer trying to get up, and I don't know why......

JENNIE
Rating
How much are you exercising ? That has alot to do with how well you sleep. Maybe try taking vitiamins and exerciseing a little more. Are you getting enough good sleep? Even though you are sleeping that much it may not necessarily be good sleep. Good luck! :)

Audrey
Rating
by waking up to a nice song

♥ Sarah ♥
Honey i am JUST like u =p... but i actually sleep around 4 in the morning and wake up at 5 in the evening coz i have uni at 6..

however there r times when i have to wake up in the morning so i put on an alarm.. and then i let my mom call me from work every 10 minutes to make sure im up..

If u have a maid.. u can tell her to come into ur room at wutever time u want to wake up.. and open the curtains and switch on ur lights. and close ur AC (if its on!) and also splash water on ur face.. u will eventually wake up..

if that doesnt help then just make an early plan for next day (around 9 or 10 in the morning).. somethin u wud wanna wake up for... like shopping.. or goin to the salon or something.. if that works dont sleep the entire day.. ull end up sleepin around 9 or 10 at night..

if that doesnt work either then dun sleep at 12:30.. stay awake as long as u can.. keep urself busy at least till 7pm!! go out.. watch movies.. run errands.. go for a walk.. go to work with ur mom or dad.. anything to keep u awake.. and then at around 7 pm go to sleep.. then ull get used to sleepin early!! =p

Hope this helps.. xoxo =)

Jonatan
Place alarm clock how far possible from bed.

Littlemissunshine
Rating
Go to bed at 9 don't party all night and set an alarm clock to ring at 7 and control yourself when you hit that button

Sniffles McGee
I'd try going to bed earlier...like around 9 or 10.

...maybe by taking some sleeping pills? and I mean the over the counter-kind. Then you'd be up at a reasonable time.

Also - try doing something physical in the morning - like yoga or jogging. that should wake you up and keep you energized throughout the day.

broadwayfool94
Rating
mmmmmmmm well, 12:30 isnt exactly what i'd call early, but to each her own... trick yourself into thinking its 12:30 (and have it really be 10 or something) invest in earplugs and a sleeping mask, and NO CAFFINE!!!!. my sister suggests excescising about 2 hours before you want to sleep and soak in a tub when your done.

froggerfan93
Rating
Set a really loud alarm clock and hide it, so when it goes off you have to get up and find it to stop the noise, then you will be a little bit wake. it works for me.

meena8512000
Rating
Try getiing a really loud alarm clock set 4 some time like 9 am then put it on the other side of the room so you cant hit the snooze button
it works for me
ps
try to (if possible) put it outside your door so you cant jump back into bed lol good luck ;)

nora r
1)put the alarm clock in a place where you have to get up to get out of bed.
2) get a dog( he will get you up in the morning,lol)
3)get one of these:
http://www.lifehack.org/articles/lifehack/get-out-of-bed-with-clocky.html

®PsychologyGuy
Rating
So what you are saying is that you need between 10-12 hours of sleep. While that is a little more than average, its not "abnormal" and has nothing to do with being lazy. It sounds like you need to do one of two things to start adjusting your sleep schedule. Either go to bed earlier so you can wake up earlier, or force yourself, no matter how tired you feel and how much you hate it, to get up earlier one day so you can go to bed earlier that night. I would suggest trying to go to bed at 10 PM and get up at 8 AM. This would give you the 10 hours of sleep you seem to require, get you out of bed earlier which you desire, and not give you the feeling of "being lazy" which you need.

butterfliesRfree
Set your alarm clock and force yourself to get up. My first alarm goes off at 4 a.m. (for work) -- and I am exhausted but after 10 minutes I'm okay and ready to go.
Remember, sleep is just being in limbo for a while -- do you really want to waste your life away sleeping? Life is short -- put this stuff in your head -- GOOD LUCK,.

nymarlen
First of all,is yr room really dark?can the sun get in yr room in the morning?bright light wouldn't let u sleep,it really works.Set up all the alarm clocks that u can find,tv,phone,radio whatever will make that annoying noise,of course they shouldn't be within yr reach,so u would actually have to get up to turn them off,ask yr friends to call u and make sure u get up,after that go for a walk or jugging not to feel like u haven't got enough sleep,it actually gives u energy and better sleep later and shoul I say about health benefits...?Good morning,rise and shine

Pierce
Rating
I know where you are man... with me, i have NO life, so I prefer to sleep in to kill time... I know...its sad... I"m so socialy inapt.. lol
anyway.. what I do is:
get two or even three alarm clocks, and put them in places where you HAVE to get up to turn the things off.. works every time.
OR if your living in a noisy area, get someone to open your door in the morning... the noise would get you up.
Or both! lol
hope this helps

Jess
Rating
Try sleeping actually earlier like 11 or even 10. Set an alarm clock and don't just put the alarm clock beside you. I put mine halfway across the room so that I can still hear it but I have to get out of bed to slam on it. :]

SoMunny
Rating
I have the exact same problem right now. There are several things that could be contributing to this.

-If you don't have a job or something to do in the morning, then it's too easy to decide to stay in bed

-If you eat heavy meals before you go to sleep, it can mess with your sleep and you will wake up groggy.

-It's important to keep a regular sleep pattern. If you start going to sleep at the same time every night and waking up at the same time every morning, your body will adapt and it will be easier to get up. You will also find yourself getting up automatically at the time you usually do, without an alarm clock.

-If you're in poor shape, it can effect everything. If you exercise, your sleep patterns will improve.

-If you smoke cigarettes or drink coffee before you go to sleep, it can also mess things up.

-You may be clinically depressed, but if you aren't in immediate danger of harming yourself, I would suggest trying natural methods first before taking medication.

It's usually not just one reason. It tends to be a sign of overall health.

raysor
Rating
Why do yo need to get out of bed? If there is nothing to get up for its going to be difficult. Are you working? Do you look forwar to work?

spyder24
Rating
go to bed at 10pm and get up at 7am

Kevinak
you have yourself in a strong sleep pattern. you will keep doing this until you break it.If it really bothers you try an alarm clock that is really annoying and never turn it off till your up
or get a cat and make sure it is hungry around 10am

madsmaha1
Rating
Go to bed at 9, then you'll be good to go by 7...

miss.chievous_cat
Here are a few tips:

1. Set your alarm clock up as far away from your bed as possible, forcing you to get out of bed to turn it off. You can also get alarm clocks now that will run off your nightstand and around your room, forcing you to chase them.

2. Drink a large glass of water right before bed, you'll wake up when you have to go to the bathroom!

3. Have a special treat for yourself that you have to get out of bed for, it will make you look forward to getting up. Something like a show you've taped to watch, or a special breakfast.

4. Leave your curtains open when you go to bed, the bright sunlight should help wake you up.

5. Take a close look at what you're eating. I know when eat a lot of bad food, it's a lot harder for me to get up in the mornings!

Hope one of these helps!

stephieSD
Rating
Do you have an alarm clock? Is it extra loud and obnoxious when it goes off? If you do, and you're able to adjust the length of the "snooze" feature, set it for about 2 minutes. DON'T allow yourself to just shut off your alarm completely. Cover that button with something if you have to. Waking up every 2 to 3 minutes will eventually get real old, real fast. You'll want to just shut up your alarm, and the only way to do that is to get out of bed. Once you are successfully up and out of bed, then you can shut off your alarm.

Don't get up much earlier all at once. Start by getting up about a half earlier for one day and get up at that time until you're able to function properly throughout the day without suffering from lack of sleep. Then get up another half hour earlier, and repeat until you are getting between 7 to 8 hours of sleep. Getting more than about 9 hours causes lots of problems throughout the day, I've noticed, like headaches, crazy appetite issues, and dependency on sleep. These are symptoms you really want to try to avoid.

The advice earlier answerers have mentioned about putting your alarm far away is also a good idea. Paired with a super short snooze timer, going back to bed isn't even worth it.

dumbo
Rating
You need motivation. Make a 'reason' for getting up.

Explorer JaReD
Rating
"You'll survive without those two extra points if you'll just keep the unnecassary insults to yourself. =) Thanks to all!" Oh, darn! OK it sounds like you really want to do this but are not determined enough. You need determination. Set the clock for the desired time and when it rings then think, "Ok, me, im doing this for my own health/good, so get up!" Oh and dont set the time for 12:59. Actually set it for a time that you were talking about earlier. How about you try (saying this nicely with a smile, dont take it the wrong way) going to bed earlier also. Try that then when you wake up, force yourself to get up. Its for you, afterall. And you are not benefitting from not getting up. So whats your options???? One, and thats get up.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy