Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Anyone out there with excessive anxiety?
I have an anxiety disorder (Anxiety NOS) and I had a really bad day. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to cope?
Additional Details
Yes, I do know what NOS means. (Not otherwise ...

This is really weird what do you think it is?
right i have this crazy nonsense talking voice in my head
and it keeps claiming this guy is my son (i know weird)
and this guy certainly is not (hes 20 years older than me)
hes the ...

Should I admit myself to the hospital?
I'm crying & very depressed....

Am i a freak, or does anyone else do this? Why do i do this?
i often find that, when i'm on the verge of being very low, i will 'feed' my depression, for example by searching for questions on here to do with self harm or suicide, so that i then ...

Why do people commit suicide .Are they not afraid of death?
What can be the reasons that they are not even afraid to finish their life ....

Happy easter everyone!?
for all those in here who will be finding today a very difficult day, i wish you smiles, happiness, hugs and chocolate eggs. :)
(((((hugs)))))
a hope you all have a great day!...

Overdose?? Dangerous ??
I'm 14, 100 pounds, I had a horrible headace, I was stupid and I took 4 pills of 500 mg extra strength tylenol...2000 mg in all.
I've also been on Zoloft (antidepressant) for about a ...

Is it wrong to think of death? A LOT?

A question about depression?
I think I might be depressed. I'm only a teen, and am afraid my amatuer self diagnosis won't be taken seriously, so i need to know your views. Last year, one of my friends (who wants to be ...

Why is everyone so against suicide?
If someone is so miserable and in so much pain. why do we want them to live in such a condition. if we humans are so compassoate. wht don't we help them be free. Especially christians always ...

How can I go to sleep easily?
I quit smoking weed for more than 6 six months ago, but I still have sleepless nights sometimes because I am sober....

Do you think self injury is a disorder?

What will you do,if you know that this is the last day you live?

What is the point of being alive ?
Work. Pay bills. Sleep. Avoid fake people.
Talk to one's dog.
Additional Details
Yep: I forgot ...

Would you consider this bulimia?
Since I was 13 I had off and on trowing up, I'd do it for 4-5 months, and I'd stop for a few and then do it for another 4-5 months (everyday 2-3 times a day) i got help for that because i ...

Is this a mental health problem, how to get help?
if a teenager tells lots of lies, very manipulative and convincing (not on drugs) has great highs and circling lows, creates horrific problems between people, doesnt keep friends for long, but tells ...

My 9 yr. old wants to kill me, stab me, what do I do? He says he hates me.?
What do I do? been to therapy, on meds, won't stop, screams in the house, takes a pen & wants to jab me w/ it, calls me names, we just got out of therapy & he says I am not going to ...

Why am I so emotional???? HELP ME PLEASE?
and no not because of my monthly deal.......why do I keep crying, why am I so emotional and up and down. I don't want to take prescription drugs, and my boyfriend says its almost like I am ...

Whats the difference between a psychiatrist and a psychologist?

Why do my parents ignore my pleas for help?
They must know that I self harm because it's really obvious, why do they ignore it?It only makes me do it again and again cos they keep ignoring me and I keep on telling them I'm down and ...

~Hobo_Blood~
Help... i'm 19 and have no ambition motivation goals or direction in life...?
Like it said, i feel like i'm not going anywhere. All i do is work, suft the net, make out, and party sometimes.. I have 2 years of college done. But i have no idea where i see myself in 5 or 10 years, let alone 6 months. does anybody have any ideas of how i could get some direction, or even just have a goal or two i could be working on while i'm trying to figure out where life is talking me? Any help is great. thanks. i'm getting kinda desperate...

heatishellinflorida
Rating
Well I didn't either and I have nothing right now. What you have to do is determine what you like. If you are in college, I assume you are just knocking out electives? Money is your best friend and while your young, regardless of what you want to do in life, SAVE YOUR MONEY, even if it is 50 bucks a week, do it. One day you'll wake up and be 40 so, .see what I am saying?

King$mity
Join THe Army--you well get better--

eric e
Rating
welcome to the real world.. pull up a chair and kick back:))
CHEERS!!!

black78hockey
eat a cow

Big John
Rating
Join the military or the Peace Corps and have a good time with it. My biggest regret is not doing something like that. Now I'm 30 and still in the same position

rolls_royce
Rating
you can think of something you love to do, and you can find a career path in that. Since you have already finished 2 yrs of college you can also find acareer in any subject that you have learnt and like in school.

american girl
Many have felt the same way you do. The best help I know of someone who felt the way you did was to see a therapist. Not because they (or you) were"crazy" but a therapist or counselor, psychologist can give you the undivided time to point you in the right direction. This is what I heard worked for someone in your same shoes. Alot of places will only charge what you can pay too. Look in the phone book under counselors. Psychologists and social workers.

Joshua P
Rating
I remember feeling the exact same way... to really be happy and find yourself you kind of have to forget yourself. I mean if all else fails if you just do all you can to make others' lives better you'll find that you'll be really happy. It gives you a lot of direction and help in life. I guess in one word, service.

etienne19
Rating
keep on working hard on your school that's the only thing that will make away for you to see yourself in 5 10 years or so.

Stu
Please bend over and I will insert my foot in your rear.

Seriously though.... you will attract whatever it is you believe. Therefore, if you see yourself going nowhere, then you shall, go nowhere. If you believe you have no ambition, then you won't. Get the idea?

Tdragon
Rating
I'm 19 and just got out of that rut myself! I've found that if you can find one thing (not even a goal. Just a hobby) that trully makes you happy, you can start building a list of goals (even if it changes ten times over, it's the fact that you HAVE a list). And remember, don't focus on the HUGE goals of "Where will I be in 5 years!?" Focus on something small. Example: You buy a video game. Set small goals weekly (or even daily) of where you'd like to be in that game/what level (MMORPGs are great for this) and try to reach it. :)

christigmc
Take your time. When I was your age I had a direction and motivation and it caused me to rush through everything. I'm 22 now and I look back and I wish I had stopped to smell the roses and maybe party a little along the way.
Your direction will come. While there's still time, party a little and live life as it comes.

AVALINE C
You should start from what you really like to become (except having party, surfing the net etc... which you usually do) i am talking about your dreams- job, house, car, or even dream wife to be with for the rest of your life? by then you will have the motivation to attain all your dreams, if you strive hard to have those.. because people obtain direction in life IF they have a TARGET and the target i am talking about are your DREAMS soooo i hope this will help you to set your goals and to have direction in life...

Spell Check !!
Rating
You're only 19. Calm down. Yesterday is gone and tomorrows not here yet don't judge your life by today.

surfmerrick24
Rating
What do you like to do?? What's you interests?? Sports, Finance, Customer Service?? If you like to party and know some people....maybe work your way up in the clubs or bars. I joined the Navy and now I work on corporate jets...I love it, but didn't realize it until I was 23. You have plenty of time to figure it out.

Mary D
first you need to decide what you like to do and then find a way to get paid for doing it.
what are you good at and are you studying to meet that. you are only 19 so things can change from now til say 5 years from now. so it is ok to explore for now so you CAN find what you want to do with you life.

fOrTyLeGz
Firstly don't smoke pot. It is one super-dobie de-motivator.

People your age are going through the biggest transition in life. Recognizing these feelings inside of yourself is very perceptive. The best way for someone to get their feet on the ground, is to see a psychologist. Start with a counselor at school even. It's a very good thing, and really will show your own self that you are a good caretaker.

Another thing that you can do, can practice, is to keep ALL of your agreements. Be where you have agreed to be on time... always. If you tell someone that you will have something done on Tuesday. Then have it done. If you are going to pick up someone at three, then be there. If you are going to fail keeping an agreement with someone, then let them know before the deadline. Doing this means that not only do you take yourself seriously, you also respect the other person's making an agreement with you. You respect them... and yourself.

I hope this helps :)

triviadude318
You have "no ambition motivation goals". You are also 19.

Congratulations! This means you are a normal 19 year old. The only known cure is to age. Which will happen, whether you do anything or not.

On a more serious note, if you are experiencing fatigue, prolonged sadness, changes in weight, withdrawal from your friends, etc. etc., then you may be depressed and you should seek help.

And for Godssakes stay away from Army recruiters. They'll have you in Iraq in six months. You are exactly the sort of people they target.

concerned neighbor
Rating
You're not alone in feeling that you have no direction. That's why so many students get liberal arts degrees these days.

I'd speak to one of the careers advisors and counsellors at college for some ideas.

You need to become inspired and motivated. Start out by trying a few hobbies that may have interested you, and even trying some things that you might not have considered before. Start widening your horizons and getting out and meeting new people. you sound as though you are bored, too, and stuck in a rut.

Moving On
there has to be something deep down inside that you want to do, do it don't let anyone tell you, you are being silly or that you can't do it you can you are powerful and life is beautiful, Travel see the world, help build a school DO what ever it is deep down inside of you you want to do

mel
so what, you in a hurry? take your time, it will come to you.
enjoy your life.

flippinleslie
Rating
None of the classes you've taken in college have really made you look back and be like "Wow, I really like this subject." Have you taken many electives? Anything that might seem interesting to you? I took computer graphics in high school and from the first day I knew that that's the career I wanted to pursue.

Tammy
You are 19.JEEZ you are normal..you'll figure it out when you're ready..Just be young while you have the chance.CALM DOWN..I used to ask my hubby what he wanted to be..he was 25 and still didnt have a clue..not till he was about 30..now he has figured it out and is a good daddy,husband,son,and man...give yourself some time...you dont have to know about forever now!!!!

G-Man
Rating
Go do drugs... stay away from home... live at the street... drink alcohol everyday vodka if u have budget... maddog if have'nt... then end up in the hospital for detox and case of liver failure if u r lucky the state gonna take care of u find u a place, support u with the taxpayers money then because u get spoiled by this u gonna end up doing the same thing again and the cycle keeps going on... thats what will happen to u when u have no ambition in life... u going to end up a 'BURDEN OF THE SOCIETY!"

bearofthesnow
Well, what do you plan to do when you get out of college? If you have no idea, think of what you are interested in research careers that are in that field. If you have no idea what you want to do or what you like, start attending an activities on campus, talk to people, volunteer, etc. Find your passion. If you have a few majors/careers in mind, research what classes you need to take. Talk to your friends and especially your professors, they could have some valuble tips. Best of luck!

John S
go into politics or take a pill and shut up.

Joy M
You are being too hard on yourself, at 19 with 2 years of college and working behind you, you are okay.

Take it easy, get a degree that offers job skills and have fun while you can.

It is not an easy age, but you will make some great memories.

daljack -a girl
Rating
You're 19.....I'm suspicious of people who are 19 and have their lives already mapped out.

Keep doing what you're doing and it'll all come together.

If you're still not sure when you're 25 then you have a problem.

throw_strikes2006
Is there anything in life you are passionate about (for example: animals, sports, cars.....). If so, try to do something related to one of your passions. Otherwise start looking up jobs now and see if any of them interest you. If they do, start looking toward going into that specific field.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.104
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy