Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Am I depressed?
Constant breakdowns. Afraid i'll never find happiness. I'm the lonliest person, super sensitive. Mother is bi-bolar unaware of how much she hurts me. parents are super strict.divorced. Not ...

I keep having suicidal feelings why do i feel this way how do i get it to stop an leave me alone forever?

Do you ever just stare at the wall for hours on end?
I maybe just at the floor - staring at nothing and thinking nothing. Is this normal?...

I have asked it before, but I need help!?
I'm really depressed, and I have really bad anxiety...I think I'm fat and ugly...and people get mad because they don't see how I could think that...I get really nervous around people......

What do u do when u get really depressed?
what do u do when u get really really ...

Are you afraid of dying?
Every year around my birthday I get depressed about getting older. Any suggestions that don't involve, drinking or drugs?...

How do i tell my parents I'm depressed?
Ok I'm have 13 and have been pretty depressed for about the past year, no one has noticed except my best friend. She keeps telling me ,to tell me parents but i just don't know how. I have ...

Is it acceptable to rely on someone else for happiness?

Do you ever want to just run away?
Just get away from the responsiblities of being mother, wife, taxi driver,house keeper ect.. Whats a good way to just relax when you have all this built up stress?
Additional Details

Answer first correctly and get 10 points...........?
What antidepressant was one of the teens on during the Columbine incident?

A) Prozac
B) Zoloft
C) Effexor
D) Luvox
E) P...

I think I'm bi-polar?
I am 14 years old and everyone I talk to seems to associate my moods with adolecence, but I've started to notice that my mood swings are alot more violent than anybody else I know. One day I can ...

Why can't I just snap out of it?
I am very sensitive and get depressed easily. I feel empty as I lost my boyfriend and my job. I just want to snap out of it and start better care of myself. I just know don't know how. My ...

How can i love this baby when the father has made me feel so worthless?

How can I shake this off I don't know what's wrong with me?
This is not like me I'm feeling very down tonight I don't know why nothing has happened to me I feel like I could burst into tears but there's no reason for it. I suppose everyone has ...

I cant sleep...?
i have my hours mixed up. i sleep in the day and a stay up in the night. no matter how hard i try i cant get my hours turned around!!!! i need some help with this delima. so please... HELP ME!!!!!!...

Aliens replacing my wife???
Hi,

When I was about 18 I got really anxious and started having panic attacks for about 18 months. About 9 months in I started to think I was being poisoned by my parents and that aliens ...

On a scale of 1-10, how crazy do I sound?
I just chased an 11 year old girl down th street for being rude to me. I'm a 30 year old woman. Should I seek help? What is wrong with me?...

I think I hate my 1 year old daughter?
She is 15 mths old
I rarely have tender feelings for her
I always shout at her, hit her, easily get mad at her for the silliest reasons, i treat her as if she is a grown up, not a baby.

My daughter tried to kill herself?
1 week ago my daughter took a bottle of pills and consumed half a bottle of vodka. She was in hospital for 3 days, but is now home with us. She has started thearpy, and I've talked to her, and ...

I want to kill myself?
I MISS MY EX BOYFRIEND AND I AM MOVING OUT OF MY PARENTS HOUSE AND I FEEL LIKE I HAVE HURT THEM AND I JUST FEEL LIKE I HURT EVERYONE I HAVE KNOWN IN MY LIFE SO IF I DIE I WON'T CAUSE ANYMORE HURT...

AvRilLoV3r
Help Me!!!?
One of my best friends is trying to kill herself by cutting her arms and legs.Is their anything i should do or should i just leave her alone???

fireinside
Rating
She probley is not actually trying to kill her self. My friend cuts her self to, she says that it help her feel better, even thought there are thousands of other coping methods. Tell you school gudiecne consular, because your friends is obviously depressed and she could accidentally kill her self. Be there for her and try to suggest better things for her to do. Offer to do a lot of different activity's with her.

Doc B
Rating
Cutting superficially indicates that she is having trouble dealing with feelings that she may consider too big for her to deal with by herself. She needs counseling. I suggest you tell a responsible adult, like a teacher or school nurse, about what is going on. They can guide you in the right direction.

IHaveQuestions
help her...

Missing Link
Classic symptoms of bordeline personality disorder.

She needs urgent help, medication and probably about five years of therapy.

Do whatever you can to encourage her to seek help.

NY_Attitude
Rating
Does she have family? Call them immediately. You can also call 911 to have her picked up. If she is underage, she has to go.

Dane Lico
Rating
Get her some help pronto, by calling a depression hotline or something, or get her to a psychiatrist.

bergy700
Rating
if she is serious about doing her self in , then why hasn't she cut her wrists. I don't understand younger generation, every one has so much drama.... Why is someone's life so awful they want to kill themselves.. when i was a youngster, we just sat a round and smoked pot, and did hallucinogenics, maybe that made my generation happier......

IceCube
Rating
Take her to mental hospital.

Thoughtfull
You cannot help others, until you are capable of helping your self, Your friend needs professional help, and you could possibly help her to get help from a professional.

Just the thought of people doing things like this to themselves makes me feel crazy, I would say that she is seeking attention in the most negative kind of way possible.

Since she now has both of our attention, and including all of the people responding here on yahoo answers, how about contacting your local mental health establishment and talking to them about your friends problem, you yourself may also wish to speak to a councilor there, as I know if my friends were going through things like this I would feel very distressed myself.

People are simply under two much stress these days.

If your friend is doing this right at this moment I also suggest that you dial 911

Dr. Albert, DDS (UNITED STATES)
HELLO,

CUTTING IS A SIGN OF A MUCH DEEPER PRBLEM. SHE NEEDS A REFERRAL TO PROFESSIONAL HELP.

bluesun
Rating
1800 dont cut 1800 suicide suicide.org

cav
Rating
get her professional help right away please

Luvly
her parents should know. their're the ones with the most experience

kestrelk8
Rating
you need to be the best friend you can possibly be to her and really talk to her about this. try to get her to seek help as well. its a hard thing to deal with but its not something wher eyou can just force the person to go get help. you've got to be very supportive for her, be there for anything she needs, tell her how much you love her/how much her family loves her...alert her parents to the fact as well but ask that they not mention you said anything to them. its a delicate balance here so you've got to play your cards just right to be able to save her.

yup...
Rating
ask her if she wants to talk, and tell her how much she means to u to let her kno that she has somebody that cares about her

badboydyer
help her

Girlygurl
Rating
you need to talk to a couselor ASAP! my fried did the same thing and i talked to someone and she did it again so i talked to th pricibal and she hasnt since and even though she will get mad at u she will thank u in th elong run

ruehl rules
HELP HER!!!!!!!!!!! Would you rather ignore it, and lose your best friend???? Check out depression sites and hotlines, and get as much help and information as you can get. Good luck!

hrhtatertot
Is she emo?? Talk to her and try to get her to stop. Tell her that there are many people that love her and want to help her out. If that doesn't work, talk to her parents( if they don't already know ) and get them to take her to a hospital.

Damon M
People who are deliberate about suicide will show certain signs. They'll quit bathing, eating, hanging out with friends and go through a state of depression and spend a bit of time alone reflecting on their lives for closure.

Then comes a stage of apparent happiness. They will give away their possessions and probably say something along the lines of "I'm going home soon".

These are the signs of a true suicidal.

Then there's your friend. The typical (likely teenage) mellow dramatic drama queen. She's starving for attention. Good or bad she's wearing her heart on her sleeve for all to see and wants to feel better by means both masochistic and sadistic.

She wants you to comfort her and tell her everything's going to be alright and pat her back and listen to her woe-is-me sob stories.

True cutters cut themselves for a variety of reasons. To some it gives pleasure, to others it's a release, some say it's because it diverts the pain from the mental to the physical and some just like to see the blood.

I think your friend is going through a tough time and needs to feel like she has friends who truly care for her so go ahead and play along and be her shoulder to cry on. When she's done scratching herself up with a spork you can go eat some ice cream afterwards. Good luck.

Junipero Suribachi
Might wanna call 9-1-1 . . .

alley
Rating
DO NOT LEAVE HER ALONE!
get help- she may not want it, she may get pissed off as hell for u telling an adult or someone but trust me in the long run she will be so thankful for what u did. u will be doing her a huge favor by saving her life, and once she gets the help necessary to realize life is worthy living she will realize that u did the best thing by telling someone

pawn_shop997
She needs help, you need to let someone know. Hiding this is not helping her in any way. She may get mad, but in the long run she will thank you and realise that you are a true freind. Do the right thing..

Rubbertech
Call the police now! she can get help. Worry about her getting mad at you later.

Matt W
Rating
Jesus. Call 911. Are you crazy? Get her help... NOW!

six3x
Some states have a law to protect people who threaten suicide by mandating that person stay in a mental facility for a period of time. It is 72 hours in Missouri. You have to talk to her parents about this problem. I just lost my step-brother a few weeks ago to suicide and really wish he had reached out to someone or someone had talked to him. Don't just leave her alone though. She may temporarily hate you for "interfering" but she'll love you more one day. Don't take this lightly.

La_La
Rating
Tell Someone, ANYONE. She needs help and most of all you're support. Don't get mad at her, let her know that you're always there for her, and that you don't want to lose her as a friend.

Sherrie
Time is of the essence. If you can get in touch with her parents, do so. If you can't bare the weight on your shoulders simply have some one else call an ambulance. I had the same problem happen with me yesterday when my brother was suicidal. Don't waste anymore time, seek help if you want her to get better or survive.

dansaremm
Rating
Cutting her arms and legs won't kill her. It sounds like she is a cutter. Sometimes when people are really depressed, they start hurting themselves. Sometimes they use razor blades to make numerous superficial cuts, usually on their arms or legs. You need to tell someone she is doing this. Talk to her parents. She needs psychological help to get her past this.

DrB
Tell her parents that she needs help..

James B
Very simple, call 911. She will thank you later.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.074
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, August 14, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy