Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

What do you worry about?
And what do you not worry about that you see others stressing over?...

Why am i bulimic?
i'm bulimic and i don't no why. well i do its because i feel so fat but i feel bad becos i come from a great family. ive never been bullied etc. most eatin disorders seem to hav underlying ...

Can a guy change if he is pathologically jaelous, can get violent, verbally abusive..?
can he change if i "punished" him by being away for 6 months. he is trying hard to get me back, but i dont know.lot of **** happened and im not sure anymore what is the best.
A...

Is This Stress Or Depression?
I keep having scenarios in my head from the past and am physically beating these people up like punching the air.

Is this stress or depression?

Thanks
Additional Details

I feel alone even when people are around me?
I have plenty of friends, two really close friends but I still feel lonely.
Additional Details
I think I have depression but am not ...

I have ocd?
I have obsession compulsive disorder its so stressing what do i do? Do u have ...

How can i be Sad, low, depressed and high, happy, hyper, at the sametime?
I've been a cutter for a long time now been on 6 lots of meds for depression. Coz I have been on 6 lots and they not worked my GP has taken me off meds and is now saying "well maybe your ...

I need help I am having a panic attack how do I control it help please I am not feeling well in the head?

Depressed teen?
i am a 15 yr old girl. i think im depressed but im not sure. lately i have been feeling sad all the time and wanting to listen to sad songs. my life is normal but i keep thinking that its horrible. i ...

Who do u trust when u r depress?
i'm depress i don't trust anyone...none of my family, friends, teachers, or strangers,...i need someone to talk to that understands me......

Do you have a sense of humor??
can you laugh at others idiocy?

can you make others laugh when they are down and out?

are you even willing?...

Why........?
soo i dont know if this a question or not..but my freiend died a lil over 4 months ago..and one point..we were more than "friends"..but we never dated..and i still think about him alot..and ...

Each night I have to brush my teeth or it's always on my mind...?
...is that an addiction or a habit? If they're different then what are differences in the way each is addressed?...

I truely am worthless?
I lack the ability to complete simple tasks. I use drugs to kill the pain I feel, and it works. I want to crawl int a hole and disappear from the world. I would be doing it a favor. to say everyone ...

Is there anything out there that is safe and can get you high?
Well I tried weed a couple of times. There was times were I had this feeling that felt soooo good. Like a mood lift. Like my soul was smiling and I felt good. Like a long lasting feel good sigh.

Am i just weird or is there really something wrong with me?
i don't care if i ever see my grandparents, i don't have a relationship with them and i don't want one. my nephews B-day is today and there haveing a party for him and i don't ...

I have a one questions my mind is very depressed. my mind thinks always.?
i think i have two minds working in same time. one mind say one thing and second say other thing. i am very confusrd. what should i do?...

How to treat depression without professional help or drugs?
I do have depression symptom.
I'm a little workers ant so dont expect me to seek help from a professional....

Why am i like this?
since chilødhood i have a complex that i m ugly. no one has ever told me that and even ppl say my looks are above average but still i feel ugly and hate it when someone takes my photo during any ...

I am a very beautiful female, but i am afraid of my own beauty?
ppl always say i am pretty, they say that i should worry about anything, that i can easily get any job bc of my looks or whatever.....
but the problem is i am afraid of my own beauty. i know it ...

oodles
Does drinking alcohol help anxiety sufferers?
Does it help calm you as my sister tells me, I dont drink cos I am scared it will affect my pill or make me feel dizzy etc???

Gem
Rating
I think it's different for each person, but alcohol definitely helps with my anxiety.

KP*Due 1*6*09 With Abigail Mae!!
Rating
A lot of people with anxiety disorders tend to wean towards alcohol because then they dont feel anxious. However, the next day can be 10x worse when your body is feening for alcohol and having withdrawals. I would so no because in the end it can either lead to a drinking problem or higher anxiety. When I start to feel dizzy and stupid when I would drink before I was pregnant which wasnt very often anyway I would freak myself out and have an anxiety attack because I didnt feel normal I felt out of it. But a lot of people do resort to alcohol. Im not saying whether its right or wrong im just saying that I dont believe it would help. In some cases, it makes things worse. Some can pull it off. I wouldnt be able to. Good luck!

Johnny
Hi, I am the author of http://panicattacksresearch.blogspot.com

Do not worry, I am not spamming my site - my site don't sell products or anything. My site is solely dedicated to panic-attacks or people whom have anxiety. I give tips on how to sleep even if you have anxiety.
Please do visit and post any questions there or here so that I can help you further.

I have been a sufferer for 12-years and am doing well. My blog is dedicated to help. I will be updating my blog every 5-7 days on new ways to cope anxiety. I have just made few good entries on coping - I hope it will help you.

I started out taking prozac 20mg daily.. then it dropped to 10mg and now I am just taking 5mg and still doing very well. I might be considering taking medication off my life.

And to answer your question - alcohol binds your feelings, that is how it "shuts" off the anxiety. I DON'T recommend you to do it, because you will be an alcoholic after that.
I recommend you either seek a psychiatrist or learn methods to calm down. My website has a few tips on it - I wish you all the best.

All the best,
Seng

Biz
Rating
drinking doesn't help in anythin. just stick with wat ur doctor tells you to do.

ozpy3
Drinking to change the way she feels will change the problem from an anxiety disorder to alcoholism.

Evie
Rating
Yes, but only if you get drunk...then you don't have any anxiety at all!!!

chanel
No, temporarily. But it just increases anxiety the next day. Alcohol should definately be avoided by anxiety sufferers.

Julanne N
Rating
I would have to say this really depends on the person... Drinking can help you relax and calm down, but if you drink too much (dizzy, lightheadness, feeling funny), this can mimic a panic attack, and might lead you to believe you are having one.

missperfect2773
Rating
One thing about drinking alcohol is that it is known to help anxiety when your not sober, but then once you sober up, your anxiety is more increased than it was before you were drinking, so than you need to put more alcohol in you. So, then you keep drinking and drinking and drinking, and that's how alcoholics start. That's defiently not a good thing to do, especially if you have a pill. The best thing is to just stay off of alcohol and find better ways to cope with anxiety.

shrew
while it may easy the effects of anxiety (esp social anxieties) short term in the longer term in can cause depression and exacerbate feelings of anxiety.

in short, it's only a quick-fix, in the long run alcohol is bad for your physical and mental well-being.

xxdarkfireofdeathxx
Rating
dont do it pills and alcohol dont mix and if u do u will become dependant on alcohol to make u feel better.

Actual Size
Rating
alcohol can be more dangerous than it looks, dont mix it with medications

many people feel alcohol can relieve anxiety, but it can lock people into a downward spiral, where they drink to feel better, but feel worse after it wears off, so they drink more etc etc

commagirl2005
Rating
Don't get into drinking alcohol because of your anixety. It's probably a good way to become dependent on it and become an alcoholic. Not good for your liver or the rest of your body.

Drinking should be done for pleasure, like if you enjoy the taste of wine or something. NOT self-medication. See the doctor if your anxiety is heavy, maybe switch your meds.

You sound young. Don't piss away your life by misusing alcohol.

Chris S
Yes but it causes problems also. I used to drink to cope with my anxiety but I got a DUI two months ago and my life has been hell since. It's better if you just stick with your meds.

chuppkaychuppkay
If you don't drink you are doing great one less vice. To calm your self be natural, eat good balanced food with lots of vegetables, fruit juices, milk, do regular exercise, yoga, meditation, good and timely sleep, quality recreation, best attention to your study and career, excellent habits and most importantly only and only good company. Hope that helps.

Kathryn R
Rating
I don't drink alcohol because of my medications. One of the most common reasons for accidental over doses like the one that happen to Heath Ledger is mixing drugs and alcohol. Especially if you're a person who's taking drugs for a psychiatric condition the alcohol will just exaggerate the affects of the drugs and that can cause serious problems.

David W
Rating
Probably a bad idea. Alcohol affects everyone differently. I go along with the saying "en vino veritas" (in wine the truth). Your truth is that you are an axiious person. Too much will bring it out. You know yourself pretty well, so takie it easy, it's a fine line.

The blood alcohol driving limit isn't just about reflexes and coordination. It is a mood and thought altering substance and drunk people are mentally and physically impaired.

MIP
I don't think so. Something bad can happen for mixing medication and alcohol together.

THE EMPEROR
Rating
No it does NOT help, maybe only while you are drunk, but once you sober up it can make the symptoms much worse. I used to have a lot of fun while drunk(almost everynight ofr half a year) but then when I was all hungover the next day, sometimes I would get severly depressed and I also suffer from anxiety, so no, drinking is not a great idea if you suffer from anxiety, and you might not want to mix it with your meds either.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy