Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Do you have any phobias?
im afraid of semi-...

Have you ever felt like you really needed a hug when you were home by yourself and there was no one around?

My fiancee snores?
my fiancee snores loud at night she keeps me up and get sometimes sleepless nights i wake her up tell pinch her nose etc nothing works what can i do to get a more peacefull night please ...

Am I going crazy?
Everytime I see people I imagine scissors or sharp things going into their eyes. Even people that I like! What's happening???? Am I crazy? What should I do?
Additional Details

Do i need help to stop cutting?
my friends are mad at me because i cutt myself. i want to get help butt i dont want to get sent away, or tell my mom.ive tried to tell my sister but she takes it out of porportion. if i tell my mom ...

Does anybody think it's weird that I have imaginary friends?
I have four imaginary friends. I have a lot more real friends, but I prefer my imaginary ones. My mom hates them because I talk to them more than I talk to her. Is this weird??? I'm actually ...

What could this be???
I'm 13. I get bored really easily, and I get depressed even easier. I've cut myself several times out of being depressed, and even more odd, I drank the blood. I can't stand smiling in ...

No friends, never had relationship, anti-social, heavy depression, and miserable. 21 years old?
i have a major issue. i'm 21 and i have NO friends, and i've never even had a relationship with a woman. as you can imagine, my days are BORING as crap. i usually stay online for unhealthy ...

Christians (or anyone who won't diss my religion) - please help me - I am suicidal.?
okay so i will give you a little background.

i have depression, anxiety, especially of social situations, and i am a self harmer.
this week i went to soul survivor, a christian camp ...

How to ask the doctor if i have a depression issue? Im kinda nervous and embarresed what do ya think?

What's your phobia?
I have a fear of hospitals, anything clinical, needles you name it.
Also sirens and ambulaces.
What's your phobia?...

How can I relieve stress?

Do You Guys Think That I'm Weird?
At parties when it is time to go I just quietly disappear. Tip-toe on out without saying a word. It's kind of strange I guess. Do you think I'm weird?...

What's the weirdest dream you've ever had?
i've had plenty, but i'd like to hear some of yours!...

Do you think this is strange?
EVERYDAY at 9:11 am/pm i look at the clock.......i think this is really weird..........what could be causing me to do this?
Additional Details

Why am i not very smart?
i struggle to keep up with people and people think i look normal because i am goodlooking. Why is it that i am dumb is my brain stuffed or what
Additional Details

Please help.. i'm feeling suicidal..?
i'm 18, i've been feeling down and depressed for a few months now and it won't go away..

it seems to me the only way out is to end it all..

i confided in a ...

Help i don't know what to do?
Recently i have started getting bullied at school because i am clever and the teacher have reconized that i have improved and my 'friends' are not happy because i am better then them. Also, ...

If i said oink, how owuld u reply?

How do u shut up a guy that constantly sings karaoke next door?
he is really doing my head in!...

Ohhemmgee_its_Angie
Does anyone else have this problem? Please help. No rude answers please!?
Whenever I try to go to sleep I am constantly bothered by the thought racing through my head. It will keep me up for hours. I think about the bad things that have happened in my life, how i could have changed them, or good things that have happend and i think the ways they could have gone worng, and i think about what will go wrong. And sometimes I get paranoid that someone is in my house and is watching me. I get scared to get up and go to the bathroom or get a drink or even go to my mom or dad for comfort. I know these are kind of childish thing for a 15 yr old. How can I stop them? I seriously have to go to bed 2 hours before I usually would just so I can get a decent amount of sleep. Any help would be great.

a.n.g.i.e
Rating
i don't think this is unusual.. this happened to me a lot before.. i guess sometimes slightly still. i know i used to wake up and wonder how i ever fell asleep bc i felt like i never would.. it sounds like you have a lot of things bothering you... and i think it would be good to write it out.. maybe if you have a blog you could write in it and make the entry private (that gives me more security than having something laying around).. just start venting and get it out.. i don't know if you find yourself thinking about certain people but you could try writing out letters to them to let out those feelings.. you might even want to confront them if you feel that will really help. but do remember this.. you are young.. you shouldn't worry about so much your past.. bc you can do so much right now to change your future. and about being paranoid.. i've been there too.. i guess i just thought about how it hasn't happened up to now and it's unlikely.. good luck.

SHOCKWAVE
Rating
Well...the first thing..about bad memories that have happened racing through your mind while you try and sleep...happens to me...EVERY NIGHT.
"Why didn't I say this?"or"Why didn't I just punch the a@#-hole?"
"Why didn't I do this right?"
Every-night sweetheart...Just gotta try and tell yourself it ll be better one day.One day will be good....

sweetytart
oh honey it's normal and it gets worse when you get older if you don't know how to handle all the "what ifs" rambling on in your head and i'm a huge believer in "what ifs" and always wandering what might happen. my husband and my mother think i'm pestimistic but you never know what might happen.... you might have some anxiety and it gets worse when you lay down at night and a little depression maybe if you keep dwelling on the bad things. don't feel bad about yourself.... just talk to someone about it.

um no
Rating
omg don't worry the same thing used to happen to me. I used to get really parinoid at night coz i would think too much. Yeah and then you think you can here like someone walking around and you get scared dw same thing happened to me.

When it was happening to me it was because i was under alot of stress and i was going through a bit of a rough patch so maybe you're just going through a rough patch....

jason
Rating
Hi there,
just some advice on the problem you talking about.. You may want to play some classical music to relax yourself before sleep, don't think over and over again about the bad things happen in your life, you need to learn not to stress yourself too much & think more good things instead. Bad thing that you mention in your question supposed is over, just let it go don't take it on your heart giving yourself an extra unnecessary burden as its over you can't do anything to change them. Thinking postive thing and negative thing have effects in your mind. Also try to sleep before 12 am, best is at 9/10 pm and have your breakfast before 9am. That would help to improve health of our body. Don't work overnight, that will make you tired out next day. Try going out door and have activities if you are always staying at home. Hope that would help.

...vlad...
Rating
your a nervous scared person who worries to much. If its buging you to much docotr your doctor and he might give you some prescription drugs to calme your nervs. As for what happend in the past you have to let go your only 15 you got alot more good things ahead of you, as long as you make good choices in life you will have nothing to worry about, and that you have family that loves you and cares for you that is great, and you will know that you will have some to talk to and parents are the best. I would know cause i went threw almost the same thing as you, trust me when i say try to think positive.

☠ ☠ ☠
Rating
I had the same problem for so long. I finally put a TV in my room and started watching TV until I fell asleep and that totally does the trick!

I am Male
Rating
Dont try to sleep when you are not ready. Instead, read some books until you are nodding off. Then when you finally doze off, you'll be dreaming about the contents of the book.

peterbilt197
It sounds to me like you have an anxiety issue. If you can, go on-line and try to learn some relaxing techniques. If you're still bothered by restless thoughts and can't sleep, go to your family doctor and tell him/her whats been going on. Maybe you need a mild sedative to take the edge off at night so you can sleep.

Kate
I get the same thing. I'm 13 and I have to wake up for school every morning at 6 to 6:30 in the morning...I go to bed at 9...and I never fall asleep until AT LEAST 12:00am. Sometimes longer. I don't know what would help. But I get the same thing....I always feel like somebody is watching my every move, waiting for me to get out of bed for one second and then something will happen. I see faces on the walls and such also. So you have my same problem. Try doing some excersizes before bed, so you are more tired and can have an easier chance of sleep. I've tried it and it sometimes works. Depends. But good luck...and don't worry, we share the same symptoms. = )

Rose
Rating
Talk to your parents if you are afraid. Ask your Mum if you should see the doctor.

With sleep patterns, try relaxing at least 30 mins before your bed time. Sit with your parents and have a warm drink. You could also try taking a warm bath to relax you just before bed.

As to your fears. They are all in your imagination and you are keeping them there by thinking about them. How about trying this? When you start to worry just think "Well, that is not happening at this moment so I can forget about it ". and do so. Then start thinking of all the good things you have at this moment, your bed, plenty to eat , the cool night or the warm clothes, your youth, your beauty, your good home and lots and lots of other things.Make a list in your mind and get to 100 of them.
If this fails then try being aware of your body touching the bed,of one hand touching another. When you next go to the Library ask about what books are available for relaxation.
Do hope this has been a bit of a help to you.l

Jcrow2000
Rating
Racing thoughts can cause sleep disturbance when unchecked. There are a number a techniques you can use to alleviate this issue. Start by challenging these thoughts. When you think about the past remind yourself the past is over and nothing will change what has happen. focus on what you can do different today to change things. Get a relaxation book or cd and learn basic relaxation techniques such as deep breathing. Develop a pattern or routine for bedtime. Lastly, use the bed to sleep not read or do homework. This helps your brain to connect the bed with sleep.

Sheyla
Rating
ur not alone. this used to happen to me around ur age. now i dont have time to think. im so tired i fall asleep as soon as i lay down. (kids)

Matthew H
hmm...If I were you I would probably talk to a psychologist about my problem...not a psychiatrist...they will just give you drugs...I doubt anyone on here will be as helpful as a professional.

Kevin
Common problem. Start simple....a glass of milk, a warm bath..something to relax you. Try to eliminate stress however possible. What time are you eating dinner? Are you drinking caffeine or other sources of stimulants.

Next consult your family physician if it continues to be a problem.

A sleep study may be necessary in some cases.

Your case sounds more like stress or diet though.

I have a circle on my head.
Rating
I have this same problem but I'm only 13 so I don't really know how to help you.

Maybe it's because at this age we're just starting to hear about all the bad things that have been happening in the world. When we were little, everything was perfect. When 9/11 happened, my parents didn't even tell me. I never watched the news and I'd never ever heard of someone getting hit by a car or sentenced to death in court or someone being raped.

Even though I live on a military base, I'm always awake at night thinking someone might break into out house or blow it up or someone is just watching me.

I also think of how everything was always so perfect in my old house and all I had to worry about was trying to be the captain of my soccer team or becoming first chair clarinet in band or making beautiful art in art club or selling the most cupcakes in fundraisers. And now I had to quit all that extra stuff and worry about getting into a good private highschool incase I don't move to a place where they have decent public schools. And when I think about going to a public highschool, I think about Columbine.

I think about my friends who have almost lost their eyesight or almost lost a leg and of people who actually had friends who lost their eyesight or their leg and of people whose friend's have died.

It's all very depressing but I'm sure I'll get used to it like everyone will. It's been like this since the beginning of time.

starlight
The mind is a tricky organ....I say it is like a computer...it stores information and stores it and sorts it and places it in the right place.....So we have to be careful what we put in our minds and what we keep there and how we store it.....
Pray a lot and get your creator involved with your life....Jesus said who keeps their mind on him will have a sound mind.....Pray before you go to bed and ask God to give you a restful night.....forgive people that have hurt you....turn all that over to God to deal with and you be kind and love even those that hurt you....God will let you know how to deal with those people actually....but try to love others beyond their faults.....and practice being kind and forgiving and gentle and helpful to others....try to rest in the Lord.....he is ultimately the judge of everyone and every thing......If you life close to God he will direct your steps.....

sofisintown
Get some books by your bed, and read before you sleep. Funny books, interesting books, romances, psychology, thrillers classics, whatever meets your fancy. Reading will take your mind off the 'bad things that happened' and it will make you sleepy, so you'll drift off...

Ms. Advice
Rating
Maybe it's OCD. Same thing happens to me from time to time, sleeping pills helps me. But if it's an every night kind of thing, it's something psychological.

Kathryn R
Rating
I have a daughter your age and I would tell her to do two things before she went to bed if she was having the same problems. One right down the things that she thinks might happen in a book or journal so that she can put it away, for real and than to write in another book after she's written in the first one all the good things that she wants to happen to her the next day and in the near future. It will take a while but after you get used to concentrating on the good before you go to bed and putting the bad away it will make it easier to fall asleep. My therapist told me to do this about 38 years ago when I was about that age. It took about two weeks but I was able to get to sleep with out the anxiety before hand.

caitkynthei
Rating
you need to tell someone what's going on, though i understand why telling your parents might not feel like the natural first step. what you're going through is very familiar to me...obsessions, odd fears, insomnia. it started for me at about your age, and progressed into a fairly deep depression. turns out that i have a mood disorder called bipolar, which may not apply to you, but what i'm betting does is OCD, which i also have. OCD stands for obsessive compulsive disorder, and it's nothing in the world but a biochemical glitch in the brain that certain medications-like simple antidepressants can do a great deal for these days. First thing i'd do is research OCD online, see if that fills in the gaps and answers any questions. then, wherever that leads you, find someone to talk to in your IRL environment that can act as a bridge between you and your parents in whatever way you need so you can get the help you need-and get some real rest. Best of luck.

tea_weed1 a.k.a TYLER
Rating
every one makes mistakes were only human... try writing down all the things your thinking then try to go to sleep

x

redneckgirlinpaintedonrockies
I used to have this problem. I would end up crying my eyes out about five minutes after going to bed. What you need to do is concentrate on something peaceful. Meditate while you are laying in bed. Focus on one individual thing and don't let your mind race and worry about other things.

mac
Rating
Please don't be mad about my answer but you REALLY need to tell your parents about your problem....you need to see a doctor to make sure that there is no physical reason for your problem but honestly, you may need to see a psychiatrist because your behavior sounds obsessive and compulsive which is a genuine disorder that people have and there are medications you can take to help you.....please tell your mom, and your question is not childish...it is truly real and it will not get better by itself, you need help.

Beantown Hopeful
Rating
If you're only 15 and already under these types of stress that would affect your sleeping habits and thinking patters, types of manic thinking and paranoia then what you really need to do is figure out who you are closest to and moreso most COMFORTABLE being around, and spill your guts. Everything is piling up in your mind, and basically everybody can only handle so much, ya know? You gotta UNLOAD. I'd suggest talking to your Mother, with who hopefully you have a close relationship and you feel like you can tell her anything. She would be more than happy to help you any way she can, and she'll be able to discuss options if your worries continue. I know where you are coming from, I've had many nights such as the ones you speak of. I'm not suggesting seeing a therapist, but suggesting you talk to someone as a form of therapy. I wish you the best, take care.

tlb5859
Rating
You need to go to your parents and make them aware of this problem. Your brain is not shutting down so you can sleep. There are medications that can be prescribed by a physician to help with this problem. Talking with a therapist can also be helpful.
A good night's sleep is important, especially during this important time of your life.
Don't put it off. Talk to your parents.

jessie
Rating
maybe you just need to talk to someone about this. about all the things that happened in ur childhood and things that are happpen right now. maybe a therpist or a close friend that u now that wouldnt judge

Hermione is Back =]
You should talk to your parents trust me I'm 14 and I do get like that

:)
Your mind is overstimulated during the day and doesn't get enough "down time" to actually process the days events until you are alone in bed.
I had that all my life...be up til 4 am when i had to be on the school bus by 7... Not good
Now i'm older and have more time driving myself to work and all but I still have that-
Try to make some time just for you during the day where you can veg and listen to music and let your mind go-
At night, you need to refocus your thoughts- When you catch yourself dwelling on stuff that hapened, especially the bad stuff- Try to think of something you like, or a goal you have and remind yourself you can't fix the past...breathe
I know people here say take sleep aids, but your mind only fights harder on those so it's a waste and not good for you.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.104
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy