Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

If someone has smoked marijuana daily for many years?
what is going to be the withdrawal symptoms that could be expected to go through? Im concerned for a friend of mine, they want to quit, but are worried about how they will cope with withdrawals. Ive ...

Are these signs of a person who is depressed?
I have a friend who is selfdestructive and overweight. She weighs about 210 and she is only 28 years old. She does not exercise much because she stopped going to her weekly martial arts group. Her ...

Is it normal to not remeber some part of your childhood. like when you were in the prek through the 3 ?
Im 15 and i had a bad childhood
Additional Details
it mean pre-k through 3rd grades ...

How you get over Depression?
I been depress about a week now because I just find out two months ago my ex have two kids now and Very jealous of there relationship because she had his babies. I been having short relationships ...

Is my boyfriend Paranoid????
He is depressed all the time! He is scared of babies, doctors, everyone wants t beat him up, and he thinks animals want to kill him! He is not scared of me though!!!!...

Thoughts on medication to treat depression?
I am trying to battle what I believe is depression without the use of medication. Lately, I cannot seem to function. I have no interest in my children or what is going on in the world around me, I ...

Help! what is wrong with me?
i feel tired a lot. i get about 8 hours of sleep per night and always sleep in. but the later i sleep in, the more tired i feel. i feel trapped. i never have that much energy. i don't know what ...

How do i stop thinking so negatively?
How can i stop thinking negative all the time and start enjoying life again?
I went through a really traumatic birth last christmas. The hospital made a big f**k up so i had to have an emergency ...

Suicide. I talked to doctor and professionals they were unable to help. Please help me with painless Suicide?
I have had counseling and talked to doctors and phychiatrist about suicidal feelings. They don't seem to know anwsers.
Now will someone let me know how much Pain Ectasy pills cause for my ...

Sleeping problems.. help???
well for the past month, i have SOOOOO much trouble sleeping. for example last night, i tried falling asleep like at 11 and did not end up actually falling asleep unitl like 3:30. and the thing is i ...

I dont want to be here anymore, quickest way for suicide? i keep screwing everything up, i cant take itanymore
im so depressed, ive seeked medical help, nd at times i think im getting better, but then i just get that much worse. everything is going so wrong in my life, with my family, my gf, i cant get into ...

How do I do an oral presentation, without being so nervous?
im so scared, im in college. I might faint....

Bipolar and Severely Depressed.... what can I do?
Okay, I am diagnosed with bipolar type II and am currently taking 900 mg lithium. I have been on antidepressents in the past, but became manic after staying on a Celexa past a severe depressive ...

Does alchol cause more deppression than merryness?

I'm not able to cry. And I need to so desperately. What can I do? Serious answers ONLY!?

What does it mean if someone is constantly imitating me and my style.?

I feel completely alone...no real friends...no one who understands.?
People on this site have been so kind to me. I try to help others with their depression and anxiety but have been unsuccessful at helping myself. It helps me so much to know that someone out there ...

What do u think about people who throw their babies away in the trash can and leave them for dead?
there's been another reported case of this today 02-12-08...

What is a good way to releive stress?
I've had so much between volleyball, school, grades, and my parents divorce- Ugh!...

What is the ONE thing that scared the hell out of u?
For me it has to be bee's i hate them! lol
Additional Details
johnny cab...stop the 1992 jokes

and lol my sister hates snakes 2!...

Rose
Does anone else hate sleep? why?
do you realise that if you get 8 hours of sleep a night you will spend 4 months a year sleeping? that is a lot of time i realy cant spare...if only sleep was optional....

TheToolMan
Sleep is optional. If you don't want to sleep then just keep taking wake up pills and drink lots of energy drinks.

lisasinthezone
Rating
it is a shame that we need to sleep to function id prefer to be a wake 24/7 we are going to do enough sleeping when we are dead so we should be living life to the fullest and AWAKE

askaway
i love my sleep.....in fact i can never get enough....sleeping is optional....especially when you have young kids.....you can only sleep when they let you....lol....which at the moment is not alot.....lol....

Bradley
Rating
Sleep is wonderful, but I always remind myself not to oversleep, ie 10rs~ 11hrs

hermione speaks
Yes, you spend a third of your life sleeping. If you are actually too busy to sleep, it is time to evaluate what the demands are on your time and if they are really necessary. If you are doing so much that you can't take care of your body and mind anymore, that is a big problem. Please sit yourself down and figure out what can go, and who to say NO to. Think about it: you spend a third of your life sleeping, but if you don't get enough sleep, that life is going to be a lot shorter and less fun. Go to bed!

J13891
No! I love sleep! Without it, I don't know what I'd do. I don't know about you, but I need that down time. My life is confusing and sometimes boring, so the times that I'm unconscious are pretty grand for me, not in a weird way. Just in an "i love sleep" way. It's an awesome way to not be stressed and to not deal with things you don't want to deal with.

Susie
I agree. It's a waste of my life.

:)
Rating
I love sleep because it's a time when you can relax your muscles, especially after a long, hard day. You don't have to go to work, school, or anything. It's the only time of the "day" you get to do nothing but relax. My motto is: The more sleep, the better!

andy14darock
Sleep should be a objective for you, if you don't get substantial sleep (8 Hours or more)you'll just torture your body for the rest of your awaken day. Do not think of sleep as an optional choice, you have to get sleep for your health's sake, if your case is too sever to take care of personally go to a doctor and get subscriptions filled out for you(A last choice decision).

LOVE2LD
Rating
Yes, kinda, sorta, no.

I hate going to sleep because it's a waste of my time. I know my mind and body need to rest; doesn't mean I have to like it. I stay up as much as possible. There's so much I want to do and have to do, that sometimes it's through total exhaustion that I go to bed.

Then there's lucid dreaming (dreaming while being aware that you're in a dream and sometimes controlling the dream). Being able to do anything your little heart desires has me liking sleep (well sometimes since I can't have lucid dreams all the time.)

Yep, it's definitely a conflict for me.

That's so me
Rating
I hate going to sleep, but once i'm there, it is blissful.

Adrien
haha yup i do hate sleeping too cuz it really take up lots of my time but being a human we have no choice it's a thing that human must do to gain back their energy...

Liddy is Lost
No, I love it! Yesterday, I slept for 22 hours lol.

HTH : )

breezy b
in a sense, sleep IS optional.
i hate sleep because there isn't enough waking hours in a day to finish all the crap i need to get done.
i also hate that we are expected to sleep when everyone else sleeps and that is the best time for me as i am not a people person; so i like to do as much at night as i can so i am definately a night time person.society has another opinion of people like me, but that is just the way i have to do it.
i try to only get as much sleep as i absolutely need~i am good if i get an hour or two every night, but you must sleep a little bit EVERY NIGHT, or your body will crash.

hipeople354
Rating
You have no idea how many times I've thought of that. I think sleep is a waste of time. You just lie there in your bed doing nothing. I wish we didn't have to sleep. Think of all the things we could do. We would get bored somtimes but it's better than wasting time just lying in bed. Sleep also makes you miss a lot of things. I especially don't like when I've had a bad day and can't go to sleep. Then, you don't get any rest and you're just not doing anything. Sleep's a waste of time.

Pico
Rating
I have some issues with it. One being the the reason you mentioned. I also have a lot of nightmares. When I'm depressed the worst thing is waking up after sleep because for a split second I think every thing is OK, then it all comes back to me that my life has fallen apart.

invincible
Rating
Sleep is one of the most beautiful things in my life right now. Whenever you stay up until 1 am doing homework, there is nothing better than looking forward to the relaxing of aching muscles after playing baseball and no more homework, until the next day. Sleep is a priced possession, and to all those people that say sleep is optional, try staying awake for a week. If you don't fall asleep for at least a few minutes, congratulations. I really wish I got 8 hours of sleep.

tuisson
Only four months? Oh, why so little? (yawn)

2Fast4U
Rating
I hate bieng awake when your awake you have to work when your asleep you can play in your dreams.

dukalink6000
Rating
I have insomnia and let me tell you, sleep is wonderful. On those rare occassions when i get substantial sleep, I feel GREAT!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, July 30, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy