Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Am I the only person who HATES it when people say no offence and proceed off to a rude comment?

todays comments:

My "friend": "No offence, but your family is weird..."

I was offended, and i tried to say something back but she didnt hear ...

Love and betrayel on yahoo amswers tell me what you think?
in may 2008 i met a guy on yahoo answers the category of course was in polls and surveys.then my father passed away may 22nd 2008 after my father passing away i still have grieved for him this guy ...

Whats your deepest fear ?
Be honest what is your worst fear, im not talking about those little things, im talking about the things that would hurt you for the rest of your life... what do you deeply fear?

i fear ...

Do you think im nuts?
im 22, self harmer of 6+years. I'd say for my age quite a heavy drinker! At the moment apart from the occasional pet sitting job im unemployed, i spend most of the 24 hours sleeping and when im ...

Why do people get cancer when they dont smoke?

Right now I feel crappy...What to do?
It is not for any particular reason, I just feel crappy. I know I am not always a nice person, I don't want to be this way but it just seems to happen. What can i do to cheer myself up? I was ...

Has anybody ever seen a Vampire?

Why do people give such mean answers?
Especially in the mental health section. Mental health is not a joke.
Additional Details
Well I read answers and questions about people offing themselves. I recently asked a question ...

What is the easiest way to remembering the things?
Day today things are forgetting often and unwanted things are in our memory with out forget. How to overcome this habit? is there any procedure to practice?...

If you could ahve a tattoo where would you have it?

How can a human stop thinking about death and suicide everyday?
How to avoid thinking that way, what to do,...

I'm so happy I need bringing down, can you depress me otherwise I'll burst?
I can't even talk about it because it will make me even happier.
Additional Details
Thank you everyone.
P...

What if you're so tired and exhausted and want it all to stop!? Isn't this an acceptable reason for suicide?

Is it ok to always want to be the center of attention no matter what?
because i feel like i have to be the center of attention and if im not i just feel out of place. i wanna be the craziest loudest person in the room....

What is the best way of dealing with stress?
finding it really hard concentrating because i have just started a new job - things are really getting to me - read about fasting and meditation - anyone have any ideas ??...

What is wrong with me? I cant stop crying...?
I have felt depressed / 'down' for 6 years, ever since i got into a bad relationship with a 'bad boy' when i was 16. He used to threaten me, push me around, he almost raped me..<...

What is the secret to letting go and really being calm?

Do you ever feel like just breaking down and crying?
Do you ever just want to cry? Is there a reason or do you just feel that way? Sometimes I just feel like i need to, but i cant. I want to sometimes when im alone because sometimes i think it would ...

What's suicide?
Hi,guys!Does anybody knows what's suicide?If you have any information or links for that topic please sand me.Thanks!!!...

POLL: How do you deal with stress in your life ?
Thank you....

So much Confusion?????
Do you think self injury is a disorder?

jackiex29
yes
if youre doing this
im me
ohh so cliche x2

Mike S
Rating
Self Mutulation is a very serious disorder. The person hurting themself actually has underlying difficulities that need to be addressed. Theraphy along with medication should do the trick

T Rick
Rating
I think its stupid
Yes disorder

pit bull lover
Yes, self injury is a disorder. Please get help with it. I am praying for you or the person whom might have this.

Money
Rating
Yes, nothing is too much to bear, to make you do harm to yourself

claudia c
Rating
yes but most people do it to forget about emotional pain

Maria m
yes it is.you need to tell your doctor you injury your self.its the same as self mutation.the doctors can not help you if you do not tell them the truth.good luck.

low_hd_rider
yes, you could do irrepairable harm to youself

frankiesezso1
Rating
Yes, if you know someone who is in this situation, please help them seek out a counselor.

wilma s
Rating
Yes it is often brought on by lack of self worth. Learn to love yourself..as you are not as others would want you to be....Good luck

NYPR69
Rating
Hell yes go get some help you need it before you do something that you'll regret.

I work at a hospital and two of the many places I'm assigned to are the psych emergency and the psych ward and I've seen some pretty serious SH!T. If you or someone you know is injuring themselves they need to see a psychiatrist real bad. Go get the help you need.

NYPR69

yessum
uhhuh
i have a small problem where (i cant stand pain anywhere else) i sort of like getting puched in the face...lol i know
for some reason i feel great afterwards. Not as in in the nose, but anywhere else as long as it doedsnt cause bad damage like losing teeth and stuff.
:D

deshane2530
It seems like it is sure becoming one.

donkey hotay
Probably same root causes as for those who are into cutting.

Could it be seen like a SCREAM, for wanting attention and more understanding?

lisa n
Rating
yes

ugh192
Rating
Yes. One that is only very recently being looked at. I can't believe how many cutters there are. I never even heard of it until that chick on the real world came out about it. Now it's everywhere.

mikebtt_1
There is a dosorder called- Borderline personality disorder. They are commonly woman and do like to create trouble and self harm is common.

Meta
Rating
No! Self injury is a manifestation of imbalance, either emotional or psychological or both. I believe that injuring ones self deliberately expresses deeply held anger against injustices which one has either suffered or has percieved. Ultimately, we are 100percent responsible for all our own actions and reactions but it can take quite a bit of work and sometimes therapy to accept this. If you are self injuring, please seek help to address this and to free you to be the beautiful person which you are. Each of us is uniquely beautiful in our own way.

Green Eyed Girl
Rating
Uh, it is actually part of a disorder yes....many.

Masochism
Bipolar
Borderline Personality Disorder

so..uh, yeah.

cecilia
Rating
of course it is!!!

get help!

scruffycat
Rating
I guess it depends on why the person self-injures.
I think self-injury is more of a byproduct of another problem going on. Self-injury is not the problem, it is a way to deal with a problem... that's how it was for me, anyway.

But I was self-injuring to deal with life looong before it became "trendy" among young teen-aged girls to self-injure.

I was a young teenager in the early 70's. At that time, I had nowhere to lay my anger or problems down, so I laid them on myself. For many, many years, I thought I was alone in this misguided way of dealing with the chaos of life... it was not until the advent of the Internet (late 90's) that I found I was not alone... finding others who were like me was key to my finding healthier ways to cope and deal with the things that drove me to self-injure.

**EDIT**
By the way, this support site was awesome in its helpfulness to me: http://www.palace.net/~llama/psych/injury.html

BeepBoopBeep
Rating
yes, a very bad disorder.

blonde girl!
i think that self injury is a bad idea personnaly becuz i love my life now.
but last year i hated everyting, my life, my family, the world, everything!
i used to cut myself.
i almost killed my self a few times 2.
but i got help and everthing turned around.
and now im ok.
i LOVE everything.
well almost everything.
soo its ok.
u dont have to cut urself its not gonna releive your anger its just gonna leave u with a everyday memory of wat u did when u were younger.
so go get help.

if u need to talk to anyone u can talk to me i have been through it.
i understand.
u can trust me.

~E~

Jeep! Jeep!
Rating
It definitely is. Seek help.

TAA
I'm don't think self injury is a disorder in itself but it is a symptom of other disorders such as depression.

holeeycow
Rating
yes it is. go to your doctor and tell him/her

+j_d-
self-justification aside, i consider self injury a defense mechanism we delve into whenever we feel we're not good enough or bad enough or whatever enough whenever we are faced with situations we are not comfortable with. it is a form of escape..and it might be whacked to some (or to most) but it's hahahaha! freakingly fun..ever think of getting tattoos? u should go for that and turn this um, habit into a (sort of) work of art ;)

on the other hand, if u hurt urself and u feel already that there might be some deep-seated emotional issues u need to let out, it wont hurt to tap one of ur friends on the shoulder and ask for just a few mins of their time.

Daniellesavant
Rating
Yes i is

Lisa E
An emotional disorder...yes.

Jason
Rating
I think it's more of a symptom of an underlying disorder rather than a disorder in itself.

Autophobia
Rating
Yes. It is often caused by depression, which is a disease. If you suffer from self mutilation/injury symptoms, talk to a counselor.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy