Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

How can I shake this off I don't know what's wrong with me?
This is not like me I'm feeling very down tonight I don't know why nothing has happened to me I feel like I could burst into tears but there's no reason for it. I suppose everyone has ...

I cant sleep...?
i have my hours mixed up. i sleep in the day and a stay up in the night. no matter how hard i try i cant get my hours turned around!!!! i need some help with this delima. so please... HELP ME!!!!!!...

Aliens replacing my wife???
Hi,

When I was about 18 I got really anxious and started having panic attacks for about 18 months. About 9 months in I started to think I was being poisoned by my parents and that aliens ...

On a scale of 1-10, how crazy do I sound?
I just chased an 11 year old girl down th street for being rude to me. I'm a 30 year old woman. Should I seek help? What is wrong with me?...

I think I hate my 1 year old daughter?
She is 15 mths old
I rarely have tender feelings for her
I always shout at her, hit her, easily get mad at her for the silliest reasons, i treat her as if she is a grown up, not a baby.

My daughter tried to kill herself?
1 week ago my daughter took a bottle of pills and consumed half a bottle of vodka. She was in hospital for 3 days, but is now home with us. She has started thearpy, and I've talked to her, and ...

I want to kill myself?
I MISS MY EX BOYFRIEND AND I AM MOVING OUT OF MY PARENTS HOUSE AND I FEEL LIKE I HAVE HURT THEM AND I JUST FEEL LIKE I HURT EVERYONE I HAVE KNOWN IN MY LIFE SO IF I DIE I WON'T CAUSE ANYMORE HURT...

Is self-harm a selfish act?
What if no one knows or very few know?
Additional Details
"but one does one personally gain by harming themselves?"
It&#...

What is bio-polar?
I been having problems and they been telling me that i am depressed and any med. i am on just don't seem to work! And one day i was really ***** and someone said something i just lost it and my ...

Is piercing a form of self injury?
I was just wondering your thoughts and feelings on this subject. If a person pierces themselves with a safety pin or thumbtack, do you think this is a form of self harm?...

Are you scared of death??

What can i do to stop cutting?
I feel depressed alot and just seeing blood gives me back some sense of reality i yearn for but all my friends dont want me to. what should i do?
Additional Details

I am feeling very depressed and want to die. help?
i was standing on the top floor of a multi story car park on saturday and felt like jumping off but my gf was there and she stopped me and took me home. i fear she might leave me because... well i ...

How do you know if your depressed ?

Am i a little paranoid?
i am pretty cautious about the internet i mean i think this website would be a good way to meet people it's just you hear so much about stalkers and everything i'm afraid ...

What do you do when you are really depressed to fell better?
besides the obvious of taking meds and seeking therapy

did you ever try swimming in very cold water then taking a hot shower, then back in the cold water

this isn't ...

If you had to commit suicide, how would you do it?
Not that I am suicidal, but I know how I would-lots of sleeping pills and pain killers....

I feel humiliated?
my mum had the front of our house painted bright, sunshine yellow. itr is soooooo ridiculous and humiliating. it is more noticeable because it is a double fronted house of a terraced street.'ve ...

How do I keep myself from napping?
I've gotten into the bad habit of taking naps at around 4 in the afternoon and want it to stop. I just get really grouchy when I don't and extremely bored. What can I do to occupy that ...

Is anyone else still up?
Its almost 2am! I should so be sleeping right now because I work in the morning. ahhhhh....

Frankie
Do you ever just stare at the wall for hours on end?
I maybe just at the floor - staring at nothing and thinking nothing. Is this normal?

PvteFrazer
Rating
Do you lick the windows when you're on a bus as well?

native,pride
Rating
i had a cat do that

Daisy Artichoke
Rating
Yep, poncy folk call it meditation!

90210 aka Hummer Lover
no, i guess its just you.

Norm
No

Joshua K
Hey, that sounds like you have got into a state of meditation.
When your mind is blank and there are no thougts, and if your attention falls on the breath, and your eyes stop blinking rapidly, it is getting into that meditative state. Just relax and go with it, don't think of doing or not doing it. Eventually, you will feel tremendous love and exalted energy! At that point, you may begin to wonder, worry or even be afraid. Or even go mad maybe. Seek spiritual guidance at this point.

Cuteness
Spacing out is normal, but not for hours on end! You should see a doctor

Fu Manchu
Rating
If you're meditating then it's perfectly normal...

cornishmaid72
Rating
Just a word of warning, yes we all day-dream but if you are doing this and losing time SEE your doctor as this can be a form of epilepsy.

BatteriesNotIncluded
Yes it's very good for the contemplative life, I come up with some good ideas when staring at the magnolia

Scottish Girl
Rating
during working hours yeah!

spiko
Rating
No, way to busy for that!

assassin
no, not normal

?
Rating
I haven't personally, normal? What is normal anyways?

tjpimpin
Yes i work for a paint devolopment company and my job is to compare our brand against other leading manufacturers and compare the rate and quality of our paints against theirs as they dry. some say its the most boaring job in the world but if you knew how much they pay me to sit and stare at a wall then you would love it as a job, contact some paint manufactures and see if they have any vacancies. it would be your ideal job

jen
Nope, can't say that I have.

krienztcruxtz
Rating
offcourse normal

L00KiN F0R MR. RiGHT
Rating
no, usually when im just thinkin i listen to music or sit in a room and stare at the ceilin

Pat R
Rating
No.i dont,far too busy !

The best is yet 2 come.........
times many it's good in some ways cos your brain finally gets a rest and you can just have time to do nothing but chill

Ginnykitty
Rating
well I do not know if it's normal but a lot of people do it.

Heather
not an less the paints drying.

LJHL
Rating
It seems to have been a long time ago. Usually there's still thoughts going on. The idea of no thought would almost be a
welcomed state of meditation. Sometimes you need that, even for a period of time in your life - just to maintain or try to establish inner stability.

-R

tomzy33
Rating
only when the ceiling is spinning round

Stubby Dayglo
Look at it as meditation.
It's when the wall starts asking you questions...that's the time to worry.

sarah c
The last time i did that the walls were padded, i had a jacket on with wrap round arms and some nice lady in a white dress came every four hours with m&m like sweets!!!!

Jon C
I finish my job withing 20 minutes of being here, and I work for the government, so yeah, the wall, the floor the ceiling, all of it gets a good 10 minutes stare.

ethanpratt2
Rating
Yes. And if you're not careful, they'll elect you to Congress! No, wait, that only works if you're a mouth-breather.

malcolmgriggs
Rating
I have done something like that but i cannot always say thereis nothing going through my mind.
I think i would be more likely to be staring out of the window though
I also think it can be good sometimes for a person to appreciate doing nothing for a while.

Ollie
Rating
If its abnormal then im the same has you.I mainly do it when im bored sometimes for hours.Maybe we are giving our brain a rest.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, August 14, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy