Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

A question about depression?
I think I might be depressed. I'm only a teen, and am afraid my amatuer self diagnosis won't be taken seriously, so i need to know your views. Last year, one of my friends (who wants to be ...

Why is everyone so against suicide?
If someone is so miserable and in so much pain. why do we want them to live in such a condition. if we humans are so compassoate. wht don't we help them be free. Especially christians always ...

How can I go to sleep easily?
I quit smoking weed for more than 6 six months ago, but I still have sleepless nights sometimes because I am sober....

Do you think self injury is a disorder?

What will you do,if you know that this is the last day you live?

What is the point of being alive ?
Work. Pay bills. Sleep. Avoid fake people.
Talk to one's dog.
Additional Details
Yep: I forgot ...

Would you consider this bulimia?
Since I was 13 I had off and on trowing up, I'd do it for 4-5 months, and I'd stop for a few and then do it for another 4-5 months (everyday 2-3 times a day) i got help for that because i ...

Is this a mental health problem, how to get help?
if a teenager tells lots of lies, very manipulative and convincing (not on drugs) has great highs and circling lows, creates horrific problems between people, doesnt keep friends for long, but tells ...

My 9 yr. old wants to kill me, stab me, what do I do? He says he hates me.?
What do I do? been to therapy, on meds, won't stop, screams in the house, takes a pen & wants to jab me w/ it, calls me names, we just got out of therapy & he says I am not going to ...

Why am I so emotional???? HELP ME PLEASE?
and no not because of my monthly deal.......why do I keep crying, why am I so emotional and up and down. I don't want to take prescription drugs, and my boyfriend says its almost like I am ...

Whats the difference between a psychiatrist and a psychologist?

Why do my parents ignore my pleas for help?
They must know that I self harm because it's really obvious, why do they ignore it?It only makes me do it again and again cos they keep ignoring me and I keep on telling them I'm down and ...

Is cutting your own hair when depressed considered a self-destructive act?

Additional Details
It actually doesn't look bad, but I hacked off about 6 inches. It's still below my shoulders though....

Does anyone really believe counselling helps get over depression?
I have just been diagnosed with depression and got medication and counselling, but i dont want to sit and talk with a total stranger of my problems. I dont even want to take the drugs really! does ...

Am I the only person who HATES it when people say no offence and proceed off to a rude comment?

todays comments:

My "friend": "No offence, but your family is weird..."

I was offended, and i tried to say something back but she didnt hear ...

Love and betrayel on yahoo amswers tell me what you think?
in may 2008 i met a guy on yahoo answers the category of course was in polls and surveys.then my father passed away may 22nd 2008 after my father passing away i still have grieved for him this guy ...

Whats your deepest fear ?
Be honest what is your worst fear, im not talking about those little things, im talking about the things that would hurt you for the rest of your life... what do you deeply fear?

i fear ...

Do you think im nuts?
im 22, self harmer of 6+years. I'd say for my age quite a heavy drinker! At the moment apart from the occasional pet sitting job im unemployed, i spend most of the 24 hours sleeping and when im ...

Why do people get cancer when they dont smoke?

Right now I feel crappy...What to do?
It is not for any particular reason, I just feel crappy. I know I am not always a nice person, I don't want to be this way but it just seems to happen. What can i do to cheer myself up? I was ...

glam0r0us_xx
Depression?
I Suffer from social anxiety disorder and its interfering with my life
well.. i have no life lol because of it my mums gona fone my doctor and try and get me a phsychiatrist or something to help me get better but iv been feeling really depressed to and i feel like killing myself to... i hate life and i just wish i was dead ...

yarnspinner
Rating
me to

hope
Rating
let ur mum help u

fluffyduck84
counciling could help the way you feel, talking to someone with a fresh take on things could help you. you need to find out if there are any underlying problems that are causing you to feel this way. how old are you? if your still in school try and make the most of your friends being around all the time. if not just try and get out more, go to the pictures, go out dancing, try to stay away from alcohol that definatly is not the answer. try and eat well and exersise regular. exercise releases good endorfine in the brain to make you feel better.
whatever you do get help. dont do this on your own.
i hope everything works out. stay strong.

Doctor Pain
first, you don't hate life. you just hate the life you have. being a 40 year sufferer of chronic and severe depression, I know where your comming from, please don't kill yourself. while I still suffer bad, bad, days...and I still vocalize suicidal thoughts, I have decided that I want to live as long as I can and no meds or group therapy can cure you. look at the people who love and care for you. maybe they don't understand what you are going through, but they care. I don't know you but I care. the best way to survive this crazy world is find something to love and cherish it with all your soul. find a passion. what are your interest? hobbies? tommorow morning, when you wake up, tell yourself that you are going to enjoy the day........even if its raining ( i love rainy days) and then enjoy it. don't worry about what people think of you or what your doing. your living. peace.

Marsha
oh the world would miss out on what you have to offer

sadness can feel like a very dark lonely place but know that God blessed you with life for a reason and it is not His desire that you not enjoy it!

it is good that she has sought out treatment before you have harmed yourself - am sure she loves you very much - this shows it

with the many things going on in the world about us feeling anxious should not be surprising to any of us but to some it can feel overwhelming

life is what you put into it tho - step out and find some interest
make one good friend and you will be surprised at the things to share and time to do it in

there are various forms of treatment - counseling, meds, centers, groups etc - there is much there to help you if you will just extend yourself to the world

i know it may feel scary but know God is with you all the way

srracvuee
Rating
i've seen your Avatar many many times and you have never spoken like that on the contrary so i think you winding up (i hope so) come back on comments and let us know if your serious

usha4pillai
Rating
Get real!
You've got a problem, you need professional help, your Mum's doing the only thing possible! You can and will be helped by treatment, there's no other way. Treatment doesn't hurt!, you may need counselling, medication, anything, but you will get better, I promise. Listen to your Mum.
When you feel like killing yourself, you are in trouble, it never works anyway, I've tried it at least 30 times, the nearest I got to it was last June but the hospital dragged me away from the brink. Once you try it you'll do it again and again, so don't bother .
Listen to your Mum, she obviously cares a lot about you, even if you don't!
All the best, when this is all over and you start living life, this will seem like a bad dream!
Get well, get help listen to your mum , and talk your heart out to the doctors, that' what they're there for. Trust people, ONLY PROFESSIONALS, not just anyone!

Lisa
Rating
u cant kill yourself! uv many good times ahead of u. plus dont u want to know what ur future holds? many good things come out of bad situations. i know x

nataliemollymallen
Rating
Unfortunately killing your self is NOT the answer and its the cowards way out, You have to face up to your problems and work through them as best as you can ask for your familys support and help whenever you need it they are your family and should always be there for you and little love and a good ear to listen goes a long way when your feeling down, I really hope you get the help you need.

Unicornrider
What if tomorrow brings all the solutions? Don't give up, don't let the bad win. Your mom's trying to help, it will most likely involve meds - take them. Speak about it, get it off your chest, you'll see you're not alone and that people really do care.

Mystery
Rating
hey listen, i know where you're coming from. i suffered too but now, years later i thank god every day that i didn't kill myself because it did actually get better and i have a fantastic life. hang in there, it doesnt seem like it but being given life is a privilege and you can get through this. you have to make the decision to make the best of the life you're given, be strong and try to be positive even though it's the last thing on your mind at the moment. You can learn to manage this and get help for yourself and your life will get better.

lilazngirl2021
I fell that too then my mom said if u commit suicide then everybody in the family will commit suicide then what will we live for but right now try hard in school and think about your future Also get social join a club or team remember u have a long life ahead you.Good luck :)!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ken W
Rating
Its difficult to Answer there are lots of forms of depression see your Dr. tell him exactly how you feel He may put you on prosac or similar drug to what I am on it helps believe me .

The Dictator
Rating
l

lazybird2006
Hey, join the club, don't despaired, listen to your mum, she is right. I had a very similar problem. eventually, with the help of my husband, i went to the doctor to get help.

It took a long time but slowly I am getting my life back together, I suffered depression, felt like ending my life. It's not an easy journey, It will be hard, one step forward, three steps back.

I still suffer, so i only go out with people I know, and always plan an escape route. Don't despair, help is out there.
Go with your mum for support, she cares for you, let her do this with you, she wants to help you.

Good luck, I will be here if you need me, check on my profile for my details.

Le Baron
Rating
You do not state how old you are; 5 months ago my cousin of 43 took his own life because he suffered from a severe form of depression, he was out of work,could not find anywork and decided that enough was enough. He killed himself because he had no real friends he could confide in, he left a wife and 3 kids and all they have to show for his death is the money to bury him with.
I myself suffer with depression so I know what it is you are going through...you have to interact with people---also tell those that are closest to you so they are aware of how you feel...do not fear a little reluctancy of connection at first...but you must be ok with it yourself. All my friends are of it. Even those I talk to on the net.
I wish you all the best and hopefully things will improve in the near future. God Bless and keep you.

Afro..
Allow your mum to help you. We don't know you but your mum will know the best thing to do for you.

Ian B
Rating
I know exactly how you feel, try to find out if there is a crises centre anywhere near you. I tried to kill myself last month, and i'm very glad I didn't suceed, i've been getting proper help. It's hard to get other people to understand how low you feel, and I know this can make it worse. My best advice to help yourself, is try to concentrate on the good things in your life, no matter how small, anything that brings a smile to your face. If you fancy a chat then IM or E-Mail me. Good luck, and I promise things will get better, even if it doesn't seem like it now.

luv2laf
I have had the very same thing and felt the same way as you do before. I felt like I was lost somewhere, the person I used to be just disappeared and I felt an actual black cloud come over me. I couldn't even talk to people in a social context, and every minute of every day was torture. I was not myself anymore and it wasn't just because I wasn't thinking positive or anything like that. It was real and I believe your suffering is real too. Life is really hard right now, but it will get better (don't forget that!). I tried to get help, but the meds they gave me were not working (maybe I didn't give it enough time to work). I told the doctor to admit me to the hospital (Psych.), but they said not unless i was going to kill myself. I wanted to kill myself, but i told them i would not kill myself no matter what, because i would not do that to my parents (who had already lost a child). So I continued to suffer, until I medicated myself... which let to different severe problems. I wish I would have just said "yes i'm going to kill myself", then i would have gotten the help I needed in the hospital! I suggest you get to the hospital.

Stevie
Rating
For the past seventeen years i have had depression with my mood going up and down and for half of that time i didn't even realise i was depressed...i have been at the point of wanting to end it all and needed help which i got and this is what you need...life really is worth living you know and i know you probably can't see that but with the right help everything will come together for you...some people only suffer depression once in their life and others have to live with it and for me it's a matter of looking on the bright side even when everything is dark..fight it and don't give up..get the help and the medication if necessary and good luck

Kat
Rating
You don't mention how old you are. But if your mom is calling your Dr. then that is good . You need to see someone and a Counselor would be good for you,
You probably need an antidepressant everyone that has tried them usually has a great success. So let you mom help you out o,k, Good luck

sparman20
Rating
Poor you, let your Mum help you, if you had a broken arm they would put it in plaster so let the right people help you with your condition and cheer up, it isn't the end of the world, lots of people have similar problems and learn to cope. Good Luck.

Tequila
Rating
We all suffer in life, having dipression ain't the end of the world.

People who suffer come out of it much much stronger, you're still young so there is plenty of time to get a life.

just concentrate on yourself, think possitive, relax, thinking about ending it will make it worst.

One book that helped me out is "Feel the fear and do it Anyway" look for it.

Good luck!!!!

george.hillview
Rating
Your Mum is doing the right thing by phoning the doctor. Depression is an illness and you need treatment. Your doctor can treat you and the NHS Mental Health team provides a good service. I have suffered from depression for seven years now and know how bad you must be feeling. Good luck and thank your Mum for caring about you.

Lj
I used to feel like that at one point, what helped me was getting my body moving! The mind and body are connected, and if you have no life you need to start getting one by getting some sunlight and exercise, even 15 minutes a day will raise hormones called endorphins. You will feel you have accomplished something already just telling yourself that life is already bad, it's bound to get better. Try a book called Feeling Good. . .and also watch what you eat. Too many sodas and sugar can cause issues that resemble anxiety. It might just be a phase. If you are a teenager, don't be so quick to depend on medication without taking care of your body because they have side effects and actually can increase suicidal thoughts! I'm not a doctor, but sometimes attitude and having faith in yourself can work better than drugs. Just remember that life is what you make of it, and that you have a mum who loves you and people care what happens to you, even strangers on the Internet.

HomeSweetSiliconValley
Rating
Sorry to hear that. I hope you find a good person to move you on to a better track! You have a cute avatar at least! :-)

hopewriter
Rating
Trust me, your life won't be any better if you're dead! It's a proven fact that many of the people who try to kill themselves frantically try to struggle for life before they die.

Find something you enjoy! There are a lot of great things in life! Walk on a sunny day (actually, people who go outdoors more have less depression!) Play a sport. Paint a picture. Sing. There is something out there that will make you feel better.

Seek out a good friend, or if you don't have anyone you can trust, try to make a new one!

I'm sure you are a great person with a lot to offer...just give yourself some time. You'll get through this.

crapsake
Hi there glam0ur0us_xx, How awful for you that you are suffering like this, and that it is interfering with your life. Please allow your mum to assist you by getting the help that you so surely need, whether it is a psychiatrist, counsellor or something else. Your mum loves you and wants to help improve your life and help you get better. It will be a long journey for you, but they say that a long journey begins with the first few little steps. Search for your inner strength to take these first few little steps. Only then can you start to rebuild and improve your situation. You can be helped and it will get better!!! There are some great people out there who can truly help you. One day you will look back on this and be glad you accepted the help. Feel free to email me if you need the moral support. I wish you all the best!!! :o) x

good advice
Rating
Hey yeah, i'm young still with me family too, and I have similar problems. i've been taking meds though and they really helped. make some good friends, spend lots of time outdoors. also don't allow yourself to mope around. when you find yourself sitting around, get up and do something.

Peanut Butter
Rating
I'm glad your mom is getting you help, you definitely need some. Once you are under psychiatric care and on meds life will change. Take it from someone who has battled depression for 10 years now. Its a bumpy road, but you will get through it. Take it easy and accept the help you are given!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.104
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy