Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Why Does Every Body Think I Am A Bad Person?
Well I went walking to get away and all because i went walking my Grandparents thinks i am a bad person i just have to get away from everyone cause i am still not over losing my mom in march and it ...

Can anyone remember when they lost their mind?

Would you like you if you met you?

Have you ever committed suicide?

Additional Details
The All-Knowing Sam's Q&A, you have been reported. Have fun trying to get another Yahoo account. HA HA HA ...

Will I ever be the same after this?
In April I was beating by two girls, one my age and one a year older(im 15). They called me many names, one excused me of sleeping with her boyfriend.- I didnt btw. It was after school back of the ...

Should I kill myself?
I just woke up and realized my life is a piece of crap just like everybody else's. who'd remember me anyway?...

Serious Problem. Please help me FRIENDS.?
I AM REALLY STUPID & SELFISH. I AM ADDICTED TO ( NO NOT SMOKING OR DRINKING ) TELEVISION , INTERNET, & LAZINESS. I CANNOT MISS MY FAVORITE SHOWS, I CAN'T STAY AWAY FROM THE INTERNET FOR A...

I cut myself and nobody helps me even when i do get help from doctors it just doesn't work for me it just hurt
Well i am depressed and i don't like saying why i am because it is in my family and i wish i was dead all the time and cutting just makes it feel like i am alive even if i feel like i wasn'...

Suicidal, I know I need help?
I am suicidal, my friends are all pissed off because they think I am not depressed and want me to go bak to my old happy self. But they are adding to it. They completely ignore me and act as if our ...

Do i have a problem?
I'm 28 years old and I have never had a boyfriend. I dont drink and I have a disease that makes me walk funny. I dont really have any friends and I like to stay in at night and watch the telly. M...

What do I do now I'm at rock bottom?
As a man I have been stripped of everything I care about:

No. of friends: 0
Job: none
Weight: ...

My Fiance wants to commit suicide- Help!?
I have been with my fiance for 4 1/2 half years. I have never cheated on him! This past month, I have been talking to a guy behind his back that lives up north. The guy and I were not talking about ...

How can i relieve stress?
I handle stress very badly and in an unhealthy way. I'm taking a health class now and were covering stress and said it could lead to traumas and other bad diseaeses. I've always had a bad ...

I hate my life. I worry to much. I feel to ugly all the time its not fair?
Okay so im a 14 year old girl. I go to high school. I hate it soo much. I feel awkward talking infrount of people so when i am picked for something i end up stuttering and people laugh. I feel ugly. O...

I am severely depressed and feel suicidal. can someone please help. can you give me a purpose for living?

Additional Details
hi, i dont see a purpose for life. i dont know why im here and what and why i am doing things for. if there is a ...

How can i stop being bullied?
i hate school. its hard to make friends, get along with people and everything. everyday its the same group of stupid boys and stupid girls bullying me. making fun of me, calling me names and stuff. i ...

I need help I don't know what to do any more?
I have been suffering from depression and an anxitey nervous disorder as a result I have given up on my karate training (I try going back then I feel scared andd can't do it). I'm on ...

What scares you?

How do u deal with depression?

My son sleeps until 4 oclock in the afternoon. Is this normal?

Additional Details
He is 21 years old. He goes to college. The three days he has to get up earlier, he gets up at one oclock for ...

fatiebomba
Cutting=emo?
if u cut urself then does that mean ur emo??
Additional Details
im not askingthis question becuase i wanna be emo for gosh sake!!!!!

Mr. Right
Rating
yes, among other problems. emo = emotional

Natasha M
Rating
yes, emo is a way of describing someone as
overly 'emotional' so when they are depressed,
they feel they should cut themselves for different
reasons. i know someone who cut themself
because he was always sad about someone
and he needed to feel that adrenlin rush

EeE
Rating
no and it pisses me off when people say that "oh hey! look at johnny he cut himself again! what a f*ckin emo p*ssy"

emo is just another category that society created to place a label on this trend of hairstyles, music, clothing and loose emotions

magitha
absolutly not.... cutting is a sign of depression, and ppl who are ill use this concept because they have no one to turn to .

emo is a style, like goth, punk, country ,etc.
emo is just the way ppl express the way they feel i guess.

you dont know me
Rating
No...it does not mean you are emo.. im soo tired of everyone putting a "Label" on people, like emo
nobody is anything.. no one is emo, prep, goth, jock, or WHATEVER! why do people care??
i dont see why we cant all just be ourselves instead of falling into cliques, styles, and societies

so no just because you cut doesnt mean you are emo

Vulg4r
Rating
No, it actually means your an idiot. Then again, 98% of emo kids are idiots. So yes, it does make you emo.

♥Jenn♥
Rating
Not always....why?

Chelsea Pong
No, it just means you're extremely sad or frustrated and you don't know any other way to relieve the pain but to cause physical pain to yourself. Being "emo" is just a stereotype. You shouldn't stereotype others, and you shouldn't stereotype yourself, either.

P.s- That's not a natural or good way to relieve the stress. Talk to a trusted family member or friend about it and they could probably get you help.

SAM R
Rating
heck no, it means you need some help, either for your depression, or to help you from not needing the attention.

Computer Geek 2.0
No. You could be drunk and cut yourself. That doesn't mean your an emo. Punk rocks!!!

?
Rating
Not at all. Emo is a label and to be considered an
'emo' you probably have to fit all of the standards
real emos set. (figuratively speaking)

Emo's have a certain way of dressing, their own
genre of music they listen to, they're own cliques,
etc etc.

Cutting yourself means that you do it because you're
a.) curious and daring, or b.) mentally depressed and/or
severely stressed out. I have preppy friends who have
cut themselves because they were depressed, but
didn't do it routinely. It was just kind of a one month thing,
you know?

If you do cut yourself, please stop. I don't want to sound
like your mother or anything, but I know people who
have accidentally cut too deep and have had to get
stitches. If your depression is that bad, you should get
medication for that and whatnot.

Lyn
no, not all emos are cutters. Are you preppie? cause it sound like it, no offese. nothing aganst preps:)

babiiegurl09
i guess it would be because it's hard for you to deal with your emotions so you cut.

cassie.â„¢
a lot of kids i know, kids who wear Hollister & Aeropostle, etc., cut themselves. it doesn't make them emo. it just means they're depressed & unhappy. or they're trying to be cool.

yeah. cold, solid truth. sorry.

DELANEY!!!!
Rating
weelll.
ppl misinterpret the meaning of emo. emo is short for emotional and cutting yourself doesnt make you emotional it makes you a sick minded loser.

so emo-tional people are way different.
then sick minded losers that cut there own bodies for enjoyment and think it is kool.

answer your question?

bobertdude
that's pretty much the defining factor of being "emo".
emo is a slang term, but most likely, yes.

why do you ask?

hello kitty
no it means you have issues and you are trying to relieve the pain by hurting yourself. the cutter should seek help.

sung
Well, that seems like what everyone's is calling it these days...
A more correct term would probably be "self-injury"

http://www.helpguide.org/mental/self_injury.htm

read here for more info!

kimberbahr2000
If you cut yourself it means that you need to seek help. Being emo is not cool. These people are crying out for help. Cutting is a problem that you need to speak to a therapist about. It is a sign that there are things in your life that you feel you can't control. Please tell your parents or counselor or someone who cares. You need to resolve whatever issues you have so you can lead a happy life.

chloe-4447
No.

People who cut are people who have pain and don't know how to cope with it or people who want to see and feel that they are alive. Cutting is addictive and it becomes just like a drug. Anyone can do it, not just "emos."

And to the people who are saying that people who cut are suicidal, that's hardly ever the case, you don't cut to kill yourself, you cut to try and take away problems and pain.

sweetangel16175
Rating
read this very carefully!
NO!

feedymite
If you're doing it because all your friends do and you think it's cool, it means you're emo. Otherwise it usually just means you're depressed.

Leland
No. It just means you have problems. I was cutting and i'm not emo. I just had a lot of issues. And i had to deal. But no I'm not emo. Thats just a sterio type.

xandermom99
No way!

Carolyn H
Rating
No...cutting yourself means you have problems...

Emo is a style of clothing, hair and music...

Lots of Non-emo people cut themself (still isn't cool)

** I wish my grass was emo...so it would cut itself **

deYoung
Rating
No, if you're cutting yourself that means you have a mental health issue that will only get worse without help
Please seek the help of a mental health professional

Weirdie
Rating
man, emo is such a frustrating and WAY overused term! some would say yes, some would say no.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, March 25, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy