Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Right now i want to die?
i hate myself and i hate my life...i don't know how i'm going to face another day but i know deep down i don't really want to end it....how do other people cope with feeling lke this ...

Hi this is really weird question bare with me?
as any 1 gone to bed and there not a sleep but are and cant open there eyes and skakeing and sweating??? feels like you have been thown around the room ive noticed that it only happens if had sugary ...

What would happen if two bipolar people had children?
What are the odds?
Additional Details
My son is bipolar with manic tendencies. While he was institutionalized, he met a really nice ...

Please help me 10 points, whats wrong with me!?
okay, i am so self concious i think it's scary.
im in a store and i buy something really really nice, i take it home and always find something thats horrible about my self and never wear it....

I am angry all the time. What can help?
Every thought is angry. Everything my wife and kids do seems to anger me. I want the anger to stop. I honestly feel like I am ready to explode. Will taking medicine help?...

What's your best excuse for your cuts?
If someone sees your cuts, what do you say? Like, my current cover story (which is kind of lame) is that I was sitting in chem and I broke some glass (this part is true), and then I got curious to ...

How Can I Get Myself To Get Out Of Bed?
Okay, EVERY night I tell myself, ''I'm getting up earlier tomorrow'' And I'll go to bed ''early'' (12:30) and then STILL get up at 1 in the afternoon ...

Is it wrong to hit mentally challenged children?

Suicidal thoughts...?
the past few days I have been insanely depressed. I usually cry before I go to sleep and usually for no reason. I just keep focusing on the bad parts of everything. This has happened a lot when I was ...

I don't known what to do...?
My friend is in the hospital for cutting himself and it's all my fault. He has a history of doing things like this. I stopped him from doing it before but I couldn't stop him this time and ...

Will every one who belives pray for me?
depressed and running ...

When i pee its always really dark in coulour and has a strong odour .help?

How many Americans are born dumb?

Aside from the armpit,what other body parts do we use the thermometer in finding the temperature of our body p

How do I know that this is real? I could ask a question and its just a super computer answering me?
Prove to me that you are real before I go into a paranoid haze of destruction around the local ...

What makes you mad?

What do you do to shake off unpleasant thoughts?
I've been thinking about a situation that I cannot change and the thoughts are just going round and round my head making me feel sad.

As it's not anything that I can change, or ...

Wtf??????????
why are people so rude and bothered by people with body piercings..i have them i just want opions on why people are against them and bothered??..if you were a parent would you let your kids do this?.....

I cut myself. Again!?
Here's my previous question:
http://answers.yahoo.com
Yesterday i was ok. But then i spoke with ...

Is it wrong to feel happy all the time?
I know this sounds silly but my life has so much passion and meaning, sometimes I wonder if it's really meant to be as such. I look around me and see people that have so much pain and grief, but ...

full of questions
Cutting !!!!!!!!?
i have been cutting for 4 years i really need to stop because i went to deep the other day and i almost bleed to death ! and my boyfriend is getting scared! The rubber band trick does not work for me !

anonymous
Try talking to someone who you know that you can trust. Maybe a counselor or your boyfriend. They might be able to help you.

you dont know me
Rating
everyone who is answering does not understand that it is not that easy to just stop
i struggle with the same thing, and i cant say i'm better, cause i'm not
but it takes a lot to get better and you have to really want it. its very hard to stop and that rubber band thing doesn't even hurt.
im not gonna tell you to go get help like everyone else, cause that involves letting others know
i wont be much help, but i stopped for a while and what helped me was occupying myself with something else.. or try journaling your feelings .. its a bit painful but its another escape

Aji
I have a couple of friends who have cut and they have had a hard time JUST to stop. Seriously talk to a psychologist or something because if the rubber band trick doesn't work, then what will? We don't know. You don't know. Please consider seeing someone soon. Don't hesitate because if you don't do this now, who knows where you'll be and your condition? See someone. Do this for your boyfriend, your family, and mostly for you. Good luck!

oramac
Emily's answer was good because she knew what you were talking about...In the long run, it's all up to you..I don't understand it and I will tell you that up front...my suggestion would be is to listen to emily because she's been there....take care...

I.<3.BEP!
put the knives and the scissors or whatever u use in some locked place, throw away the key, and be done with it!

Kuroy Kumo
Rating
Firstly, think of the reason why you cut, once you figure that out, find all faults in that reason until you think it's stupid or resolve the issue, then you would no longer have a reason to cut, so stop because you are harming yourself and hurting others that care about you at the same time, do you want them to feel sad because of what you are doing to yourself? Find your resolution and realise there is another way, you don't need to cut.

You probably think it sounds easy but is hard, but in fact, if you have the will power to stop, you will find it so easy, just try it out. It worked for me.

Emily H
Rating
I used to cut myself when i was younger, and i know someone who is still doing this. People do do it for different reasons, and much to popular belief 98% of the time its not for 'attention'. People cut themselves for tention release or a form of self punishment, sometimes people do it for so long, its simply out of habit, a way of coping. I used to do it because at that particular time in my life, i needed to know i could still feel, and i wasnt completly switched off to all emotions. I was far from ready to let anyone know thats what i did, and kept it to myself for as long as i did it. I stopped because i came to terms with my reasons, and realised that in the long term, the scars will only be a mental reminder of why you placed them there. You control your head, nobody else, as soon as you realize why, you can control it and stop.

amy f
Rating
It could just be a habit or are you doing it for some control, or anxiety or stress. try to find out why exactly you do it. if its stress or anxiety theres meds you can take. Do you see a therpist? if not start.

vicky_ftw
Rating
I really need to take my own advice here because I cut aswell.

But you should find a therapist or something.
Someone to talk to and resolve things with?

Or maybe you could see your doctor about it.
I'm on meds of depression at the moment but I'm still waiting for it to kick in.

Hope you get some help for this.

lightconrad
ok i used to be a cutter cause i was always depressed.what i did was get a girl friend.and then i just stayed away from anything sharp for a month and it worked for me hope it works for you

Harvest Angel of Wisdom
This site has a lot of useful links:

http://www.christiananswers.net/q-eden/cutting.html

Also, consider giving this number a call...

Self Harm Hotline

1-800-DONTCUT

Help for "cutters"

future Mrs. Nick Jonas :)
i no how you feel...and you cant just stop...you can go to your schools counsler(sp?) or something and talk about it...and maybe you can stop but idk...srry if this was no help...

dragon lady
Rating
Please!! Please!!! Get help, honey!!!!

Talk to someone who can help you get the help you need. Talk to a parent, a teacher, or a counselor at school. Tell them that you've been cutting yourself, that you've seriously hurt yourself, and that you're scared because you can't stop.

I'm not sure who told you to do the "rubber band trick," but it doesn't sound like you've gotten the help you need. Don't be upset that you can't do this on your own. Cutting is a way that people deal with their problems. This is something that people need help with. Whatever you're dealing with, you need professional help to get better. Good luck!

Rating
YOU NEED PSYCHIATRIC HELP NOW! Ask your primary care physician (hopefully you have one) if he/she knows a good psychiatrist who specializes in suicidal depressed people.

If you are cutting yourself now, you need to go to the emergency room of a good local hospital NOW and get help NOW!

icu122fire
Rating
What you are doing is very dangerous. One day, you might cut in the wrong place like your vain. Get rid of all the sharp objects in your house and put scotch tape over your nails.

I hope this helps!

Haylee James
Rating
You need 2 talk 2 a doctor now. Everyone needs 2 ******* chill and stop calling her names. Really grow the **** up people. Don't be so mean 2 her. No one knows what she has been threw. I know what u mean I also cut. Nothing works for me either. Draw red lines on ur skin. Best of luck Honey. I'm sorry people are so mean

katemonnnnn
Rating
Take your feelings out on something else, like a sport, develop a hobby of some sort! When you get upset, just breath and physically don't let yourself cut.

lilbabythug2212
focus your feeling on something else. punch a pillow, write angry letters but then rip them up, go for a walk. just focus on something that doesnt hurt yourself

ra4bat
You should seek psychiatric help, yesterday!!! By your own account, you came close to death. Next time you may not be able to turn back. Get help now before you do something that you can't undo. Best wishes.

Squeeky [Wind Maker]
Rating
Get a counsler.

Weeza
Rating
i told people, once i started i didnt stop (obviously safe people) i talked about and i tell you what...it loses it's power, it has no control over you!!!

make sure uhave healthy relationships and if your parents put you down at all read 'toxic parents' by susan forward...that saved my life.

write down ur feelings and draw pics of how u feel.

try not to use things that will hurt u badly and try to explain what happens wen u self harm to ur boyfriend and why u might do it.

get some help from a trusted adult or friend, go to ur doctors and ask for counsellin that is another thing that helped me.

remember it is NOT YOUR FAULT AND dont let ANYONE tell u that you are weird of wrong, lots of people self harm for many different reasons and you are SOO SOOO SO strong from understandin ur problem and wantin to get help.

IGNORE ALL THE IDIOTS ON HERE TELLN U THAT U R WRONG, NOT EVRY1 WILL UNDERSTAND

lmc
Rating
please go seek help. you have already taken the first step by realizing u had a problem, now u need to find a doctor/counselor.

until then and even after then, avoid being alone. u also need to ask urself y u keep hurting urself. Ppl obviously luv u. recognize that.

GET HELP!

dkav
You need to seek professional help. Cutting is a symptom of a greater psychological problem. You could accidentally kill yourself, get bad infections, and scar yourself permanently. Please seek help from a counselor or phyciatrist as soon as possible.

Bunny
Rating
Talk to someone like a counselor...I know it will be scary, but he or she will be able to help you over come this.

Amy G
Are you seeing a counselor or psychologist? If not I think that they will be able to help. It will be a lot of hard work but if you actually listen to what they tell you to do and do it you should be successful.

hawekkk
Rating
tell someone who can help right away! you don't want to end up killing yourself!

anon reigns
Rating
Get help immediatly.

LDB449
I would seek some professional help. Look on line and in the phone book. Blessings.

Linsie T
Rating
get a theripist! you can get one for free if you have health insursence because this is a severe medical illness!!!

=)
My friend had the same problem, when u have the urge to cut color on ur arms with sharpie it may sound wicked weird but it works!
Keep a hotline number with you at all times. When you feel the urge to cut, pick up the phone and call the hotline. Crisis hotline staff are trained to provide support and offer you alternatives to cutting yourself. However, you should remember that a professional crisis clinician will be clear that it is NOT his or her job to "talk you out of" cutting yourself - you make your own choices, and you must take responsibility for cutting or not cutting. Do not be ashamed to ask for support when you need it, as this affliction affects people from all walks of life.
Remove cutting tools from your immediate area. If you have to take the time to look for something with which to cut yourself, you may find you have just given yourself enough time to deal with the impulse.

Scars remain foreverIdentify the 'trigger' that gives you the urge to cut. The moment you have the urge to cut, stop and think of what has just occurred. Remember it and try to avoid these situations! When they do occur, try to create another outlet. Walk away, eat ice cream, take a shower or bubble bath, go out for a jog, go for a swim, call a friend for coffee at the local coffeehouse but do not cut.
As soon as you feel the urge to cut yourself, take a deep breath, fold your arms, close your eyes and relax. Tell yourself that you are not going to cut. If possible, lie down somewhere. Stay like this until the urge goes, then quickly phone a helpline or use another means of getting help.
Find another way to vent. Cutting is a way to release some type of pain or frustration. Try painting, writing about your feelings, singing, dancing, playing an instrument, or playing a sport. Even screaming at the top of your lungs helps. Try anything you can (as long as it's legal and healthy) to stop the urge to cut.
Release the pain without cutting by using your voice. Talk to someone--a doctor, teacher, friends, your parents if you can. You will be surprised how relieved you will feel after you talk about it. If you chose a doctor or a counselor, they can get you the help you need to heal the underlying cause. Speak out loud about what is causing you so much pain. Talk about it - even to yourself, in the privacy of your bedroom. Yell or scream - anything to release the tension inside of you - but do not cut.
Help yourself by imagining that you are your best friend. If she was just about to cut herself, what would you say to stop it?
Recognize that cutting is just the symptom of a root problem. Follow the above steps to stop yourself from cutting, but also seek help from a doctor, parent, or counselor to address the deeper problems that make you want to cut in the first place.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy