Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Why does my 14yr old son not go out at all?

If you've overcame depression and anxiety or coping well, What's helping you the most?

I need someone to save me...please?
Ok right now I feel like jumping off the nearest bridge literally, can someone talk me out of it?...

What do I do if I'm getting laid off from my temp job on Christmas?
I have been working at the same place for 7 months now and I love and adore everyone I work with. I never felt accepted, though, because I'm a temp. Lately I have felt my boss become colder and ...

Eating disorder?
I think my daughter may have a eating disorder. She is 15 years old and always complains about being fat and ugly, when in reality she's not. She is really pretty and is a healthy weight 138 at 5...

How to make myself go to sleep early?
ok, so i try to go to sleep early but i neva manage to. i get home from school n do hwk den i get tired doin that so i get in2 bed but i'll be lyin dere for lyk 2 hrs or longer den finally go 2 ...

Feeling depressed and very low?
Im feeling really low at the moment, firstly I lost my cat, then my job, my uncle has found out he has cancer and hasn't got long to live then my bf decided he doesn't wanna see me. This ...

What do you think about before you sleep?

Should a child abused by her mother be forced to see the child even supervised?
I have a step daughter who was beaten severly twice by her mother and step father. My husband (her biological father) and I were awarded temporary custody however, the child is still required per ...

My parents want to put me back in the hospital for punching a wall. Any suggestions?
I have severe depression and not too long ago i was put in a phsychiatric ward to try to get help. i came out of there fine. I was also diagnosed as being Bipolar. My parents now want to put me back ...

I feel like I'm going mad please help?
i carnt cope with my life at the moment ,i feel like im hyperventilating all the time ,im so strested ,ive got 3 kids under 11 a litter of 9 pupies 6weeks old a husband that thinks im a ***** (i prob ...

Can you take your self off prozac??
I was prescibed prozac 4months ago as i have post natal depression,i feel the tablets arnt helping and they make me feel like i havnt got my spark and i am slow in everything i do.So i am going to ...

How do you get through the day if you hate your employer but generally dont hate your job?

Additional Details
It's SO funny that you guys are assuming I have a female boss. You're right!!! Arent they the worst??!...

What is an immediate cure for lonliness?
What can I do right now to alleviate the pangs of lonliness?
They don't come often, but what strategies could I use to get rid of the emptiness.
Don't say crap about getting a ...

Do i have a some kind of diorder? 10 points?
ok i think theres something wrong with me bcuz i always forget things even if somebody just reminded like i will stop in the middle of a sentanse like 3 times in a row bcuiz ill forget what i was ...

If someone is completely miserable, and everyone hates him, should he just commit suicide?
Is it really so morally pernicious to do so?
Additional Details
An important detail that I have forgotten to add; I don't plan to commit suicide. This is just a hypothetical ...

Can anyone help me??
I have this intense fear of people I don't know. I think that everyone is judging me and secretly laughing at me. It has gotten to the point where I can hardly check out in a store because I ...

I cant get anything done?
I've been meaning to clean out the garage and my closets but I havent "gotten around to it." There are little jobs around the house that I want to get done but I never do them. I...

Tell me why today is such a wonderful day?
The sun is shining and I'm feeling wonderful-what about you?...

How do I handle my 32 year old daughter who is a crystal meth/alcoholic who is coming to stay wtih me.?
She has had her children taken away. Her husband is abusive. Don't know if he is on drugs or just can't handle her drug abuse. A neighbor took her away from the home and is driving her 300 ...

bj_dj
Can you believe anything a heroin addict says?
what kind of support is it exactly that would be beneficial in a relationship where one partner repeatedly relapses on heroin. is the non drug partners support expected to tolerate extreme patterns of mental abuse,basically refered to as nothin more than a piece of s**t with addict justifying thier behaviour by saying 'you made them be like that and that it's you messing thier head and makin them go back to the drug'?
Additional Details
yes it is a partner.and no i do not use heroin and never have. so how do u support someone who degrades you to the max because i find it very difficult to not hurt and get close. almost impossible to forget my pride and accept it as part of the proccess because the proccess is repeated over and over again in the relapses. everyday practically my head and heart is blown away. out of nowhere he turns my world upside down simply because he is my world. but i feel in my heart its time to leave the one that he can't get out of.

Happy Man
No get rid of the junkie if you want any sort of life.

macy
If this is the sort of thing which you are willing to put up with then I wish you all the luck in the world, but if you want some sort of life for yourself, you need to break away and your partner has to sort out his/her life without your support, because while you are around you will only be used as a crutch and a target for abuse.

Zach H
I don't say very little when they are on the drug or in need of a fix

Ade C
Rating
Having worked with many addicts on the rehab ward at my work (am a stand in nursing assistant), heroin addicts sadly can (not all though) be challenging. Their bodies have grown so dependant to the substance that they are in pain all the time, the withdrawal symptoms are terrible. When addicts first come into the ward, they display aggressive behaviour and the other health workers and I can be subjected to a tirade of abuse. This of course, isnt necessarily their fault, they just want "one more" fix of heroin to chill them.

You dont say if it is your own partner who is on heroin or not. If they are, they MUST get seen asap by a doctor who could refer them to a rehab ward like where I work. They are not all private- I work in the NHS.

Support them as much as you can, but dont put up with their persistant abuse, and let them call you a piece of ****. They will be looking for someone to blame. If they do start being abusive, dont be afraid to challenge them on this, but at the same time, let them know that you care and will support them.

Best of luck

YOUNME
yes the price of drugs

Mr-K-
Depends.

returnofkarlos
Rating
**** I feel for you...addicts, especially heroin, will always look for someone to transfer the blame onto....don't fall for it, be strong and remember the type of person you was before you got involved with this ill person!

allen555
Living with a substance misuser is never going to be easy. The substance will always come first. I think you should take stock of your situation and ask yourself 'Where do I want to be in one years time?' If the answer is 'Not with some junkie who treats me like sh*t'. The time has come to move on.

david
You should believe them just as much as you would believe anyone else, except for the phrase "i'll pay you back".

I'm not joking. They have no reason to lie to you unless it will get them another bag.

Grace K
You can

confused
its sad but sometimes you just cant help someone who doesn't want to help themselves, try asking their family for support or put them in rehab and get on with your life while you still have one

Lawler
You can believe some things they say, like the sky is blue.

Not much else though.

------ -
Rating
Depends what it is. Sometimes you can

miss sunshine ;; x
Rating
no you can't

CCF
It's best to be careful with what they say.

If he keeps relapsing and promising he will give up, he is taking you for granted. He knows that you'll keep forgiving him and so he does it again. He needs to know that you want him clean and you have to be prepared to stick to what you say and end it if it goes wrong. Otherwise he will never stop. Everyone will have relapses, it's just part of giving up - but not this many. Try taking some time away from him while he gets help and then support him when he's gotten past the first few steps.

atlas_shrugged_1976
Yes you can

Proud Navy Wife
I personally wouldn't stay with a person who continues to abuse - drugs and the person they are supposed to care about. They have support groups for family members of addicts. You need to take care of yourself and remember that you are responsible for your actions and they are responsible for their own. Unless you're handing them the drug and delivery method, it's pretty hard for it to be even a little bit your fault when they relapse.

Nasty Void
Rating
time for a holiday to the azores.when it comes to heroin you'll always be second place

CLIVE H
Rating
The heroin addict is only interested in his/her next fix and will use a partner.

Don't believe a single word uttered by a self destructive heroin addict.

lara_mee
Why would someone stay in that sort of relationship? I mean, the addict is killing themself and deflecting the blame by dumping it on the partner. If you're the partner, get out. If not, encourage the person to get out. This is a no-win scenario until the addict is ready to change. You can't change anyone but yourself. Staying in that sort of relationship suggests that the non-addict has some issues they need to work out

Megafunk
This is unbelieveable! You're being blamed for their downfall and lack of willpower. If I wereyou, I would let them deal with this problem themselves, whether you love them or not. No one deserves this kind of treatment.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, December 19, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy