Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Can anyone remember when they lost their mind?

Would you like you if you met you?

Have you ever committed suicide?

Additional Details
The All-Knowing Sam's Q&A, you have been reported. Have fun trying to get another Yahoo account. HA HA HA ...

Will I ever be the same after this?
In April I was beating by two girls, one my age and one a year older(im 15). They called me many names, one excused me of sleeping with her boyfriend.- I didnt btw. It was after school back of the ...

Should I kill myself?
I just woke up and realized my life is a piece of crap just like everybody else's. who'd remember me anyway?...

Serious Problem. Please help me FRIENDS.?
I AM REALLY STUPID & SELFISH. I AM ADDICTED TO ( NO NOT SMOKING OR DRINKING ) TELEVISION , INTERNET, & LAZINESS. I CANNOT MISS MY FAVORITE SHOWS, I CAN'T STAY AWAY FROM THE INTERNET FOR A...

I cut myself and nobody helps me even when i do get help from doctors it just doesn't work for me it just hurt
Well i am depressed and i don't like saying why i am because it is in my family and i wish i was dead all the time and cutting just makes it feel like i am alive even if i feel like i wasn'...

Suicidal, I know I need help?
I am suicidal, my friends are all pissed off because they think I am not depressed and want me to go bak to my old happy self. But they are adding to it. They completely ignore me and act as if our ...

Do i have a problem?
I'm 28 years old and I have never had a boyfriend. I dont drink and I have a disease that makes me walk funny. I dont really have any friends and I like to stay in at night and watch the telly. M...

What do I do now I'm at rock bottom?
As a man I have been stripped of everything I care about:

No. of friends: 0
Job: none
Weight: ...

My Fiance wants to commit suicide- Help!?
I have been with my fiance for 4 1/2 half years. I have never cheated on him! This past month, I have been talking to a guy behind his back that lives up north. The guy and I were not talking about ...

How can i relieve stress?
I handle stress very badly and in an unhealthy way. I'm taking a health class now and were covering stress and said it could lead to traumas and other bad diseaeses. I've always had a bad ...

I hate my life. I worry to much. I feel to ugly all the time its not fair?
Okay so im a 14 year old girl. I go to high school. I hate it soo much. I feel awkward talking infrount of people so when i am picked for something i end up stuttering and people laugh. I feel ugly. O...

I am severely depressed and feel suicidal. can someone please help. can you give me a purpose for living?

Additional Details
hi, i dont see a purpose for life. i dont know why im here and what and why i am doing things for. if there is a ...

How can i stop being bullied?
i hate school. its hard to make friends, get along with people and everything. everyday its the same group of stupid boys and stupid girls bullying me. making fun of me, calling me names and stuff. i ...

I need help I don't know what to do any more?
I have been suffering from depression and an anxitey nervous disorder as a result I have given up on my karate training (I try going back then I feel scared andd can't do it). I'm on ...

What scares you?

How do u deal with depression?

My son sleeps until 4 oclock in the afternoon. Is this normal?

Additional Details
He is 21 years old. He goes to college. The three days he has to get up earlier, he gets up at one oclock for ...

Please stop me from killing my self?

jackie
Can unhappiness or broken heart kill you ?
If you are emotionally upset and very unhappy can it shorten your life or eventually kill you ? Like a heart attack ?

Can you die of a broken heart ?

I think you can ..perfect example of death from unhappiness is Anna Nicole Smith ..

marie f
My dad did after my step mom died.

♥RAE♥N.Y.♥
Yes, it can. Depending on how much it is consuming your life. That is why getting busy in those situations is very important!

terrymuriel
Depends how you control yourself. some people when they are broken hearted or unhappy they don't eat or some are suicidal . so its better if person is broken hearted or unhappy they have to voice it out what they feel inside or talk to somebody , the causes of the pain, in that way that will lessen the burden ..

Tricia R
Rating
only if you hurt yourself physically from it

Jacklin
Rating
no it cant the only way for u to die from that is to kill ur self from all the pain

Jozeph
Rating
broken hearted, cause your mind will be there for a while, if your unhappy you will always try to find something or someone to make you happy, if your broken hearted your just sitting there letting life past you by.

sketchhog
Rating
Anna Nicole had more drugs in her than a psych ward, so don't go saying it was unhappiness. However, at the very thought of my wife dying, it makes me think about how I would react and I don't know if I could literally survive it. I've heard of older people dying of a broken heart when their spouse dies. Basically, when you get to that age, you have to find the energy to live, and if it's not there, your body just literally gives up.

As far as happiness, at a younger age, I believe you won't literally die from it, but I believe that it can drive you to do things that will ultimately end your life. Being happy is usually a choice. It's something I've learned to make happen in my own life after dealing with depression myself.

kay_flood
in and of themselves, emotions cannot kill you. What they do tho, is cause you to take foolish risks, or cause you to fail to care for yourself, and this leads to poor health and ultimately death.

gimme1sec
Unhappiness should never affect you in the first place if you are appreciative of what you have. You're lucky to have internet access, most of the world don't. You're lucky to have food, money, whatever you have, because more than a billion people in this world are living on less than $1 a day.

I don't think people get heart attacks directly. But if you take the unhappiness too much, and it is up to you, you will get a lot of stress. And stress can kill you. Stress can give you a heart attack.

norester
Rating
having worked in a funeral home, i have some background on this.

i feel, and have seen , that if a person gives up the will to live...in other words they no longer want to go on in life or in some cases of extreme and severe depression, yes.

however, whether if the giving up of the will to live is the cause of death, that i don't know. Im not a Dr.

I can say that when they have that mindset, the humen body will voluntarily shut down certain body systems/functions.
It is similar,unfortunatly, to an elderly person ageing.
The body actually slows down or shuts off the system to repair/replace cells. This is partly why the elderly often have such a hard time recovering from injury.

The mind is powerful. It can kill or give life. Its up to you to decide the path.....

i hope i was a help and not a hinder.
please email me if u have more questions.

B.
I don't think you can. Anna Nicole Smith died because she took an overdose of drugs. She only took them because she thought she thought they would make her happy. In the future, if your going through depression I'd recomend a councler instead of meds.
:-) Stay Happy

rissygirl
Rating
yes you can...unhappiness and depression directly affects your mental health as well as your body's for the ideas of not wanting to go on, or how ur life was so much better, ect...they make your body weaker and weaker...you do live younger in depression...

fatamorrighan
Rating
um.....a drug overdosed killed Anna Nicole Smith , and maybe a touch of stupidity. I do not thing even a drama queen can die over a broken heart ....they just complain longer. It is shown that people who are always depressed and miserable suffer more cancer,heart-attacks, and physical ailments. It doesn't kill you it just puts you in a higher risk of disease.

Leeanna D
no..it's just a metaphor

People don't die of broken heart, they die because of the illness of there lost ones, they feel so sad, they don't eat, or anything, that cause that death of someone. People just get sick of their nature and die, from pain and grievness..

Just Be.. ♥
I think you can get deeply depressed but not die.

Matt
Yes depression which can be caused by unhappiness can cause death through other means may it be suicide.

C S
Rating
it can if your that unhappy and start taking drugs

nilam
If you allow it to distract you from taking care of yourself.

Cassandra
Im pretty sure it can't kill you, but stress can kill you... I.E: heart attack...

dsegdoh
Rating
No, unhappiness can lead to things like depression, but not death. Unhappiness CAN, however, decrease one's will to live, which in turn causes people's lives to end quicker. Since everybody is talking about it, drugs are a way to cope with the unhappiness or depression, but it is by far not the most "popular" method of dealing with unhappiness, and neither is suicide; people only think suicide because they live in America, which has a rediculous amount of suicides as compared to the world. One of the main methods unhappy people fall into is going throughout life feeling like everything negative is either happining to them or because of them i.e. depression.

Tiffany L
I have heard if your depressed and upset then you can get stressed and im sure that could eventually lead to a heat attack

Miss♥Understood
Rating
You can't directly die from it. Indirectly however, sadness has been proven to weaken your immune system, making you a bigger target at dying at an old age. Sometimes some people commit suicide as a result of their unhappiness. Sometimes they don't eat or they cut or they do dangerous things for the thrill (speeding in a highway or getting in fights or doing drugs, you get the idea) just so they can feel in control.

A broken heart will heal if you allow yourself to get over it. If you sit there, gallowing in your misery, you will experience unpleasant side effects, possibly leading you to your death. Best of luck sweetie, and feel better. ♥

Egg_Beaterz♥☼♫♂Whisk♥☼♫♂pam♥☼♫♂
Rating
yeah i think it can lead to that because people can get so unhappy/depressed, to where they choose to go suicide.........like really bad people do when they asre really sad, depressed, usually it happens when they break up with their boyfriend/girlfriend. please choose me as best answer.

B_n_jus_Beachy
Eventually if you let it consume you.......

Vanessa :)
Rating
Being depressed does shorten your life. It can stress you out enough to have a heart attack too. I don't know if you can die of a broken heart, because I've been wondering that myself.

karl g
Rating
In a way yes .But it would be your decision..Try to forget you still have a life ahead of you It takes time and courage but you can get over it!!
GOOD LUCK MY FREIND

Ed
It's been proven that happy people live longer healthier lives.

And Anna Nicole Smith died from drugs. Unhappy people do drugs to cope sometimes.

But literally and directly, no. You can't die from unhappiness or a broken heart.

Aurobindo G
Yeah, if we have heart diseases. Too much excitement or too much depression can cause an attack or a stroke, anything.

kt
Rating
yes.. in away you tend to focus on that on not on your own health and well being... it happens a lot in old people... their spouse of like 60 years dies and they kind of give up.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 26, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy