Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

My brain hurts how can I make it go away?

Is it normal to think alot..?
i think too much..and weigh things up and analyse things constantly...is this normal...?...

Attempted Suicide?
Thanksgiving is supposed to be a day where family gets together well this thanksgiving couldn't have gotten any worse. We all ate dinner and i went to work. About 8 o'clock i get a call at ...

We all need love, don't we?
We love to be loved by family, children and our partners. We love to be entertained by cinema, music and drugs. We love romance. We love money. We love ourselves.

All you need is love....

I think im depressed...but worried im being daft?
i have 2 good jobs, a good family, good boyfriend and good friends...a life prob some are envious of. However to me its rubbish, boring, and life aint worth living for. Today i havent gone to work ...

Would a paracetamol overdose kill me in a week?
i took 20...

So....What happens if you don't sleep?
Personal experiences? All-Nighters? Hallucinations?
Whats the longest time you've gone without sleep and how did it affect you?...

Alcoholic Father, What do I do??
I am 12 years old, my father is an alcoholic. He's never hit me or anything, but he is very verbally abusive. He and my moms relationship is at the last string. But they're trying to ...

Why shouldn't I kill myself?
I just don't feel like I have a purpose in this life. Why should I stay? I just feel like the world would be better off without me....

I am unwanted; I feel ugly; Always sad... help.?
I am so confused.
Life seems surreal.
I'm always dizzy.
I see a theripest already.
I need serious medication.
*NOT GIVING AWAY AGE* but I am younger than 18 yrs, older ...

What drugs can help improve self confience?
How do they work ?...

Why do you think that PSYCHIATRY is the profession with the HIGHEST SUICIDE RATE?

Depression for years?
i have suffered with depression for 13years, been on a variety of medication, i will go from one extreme to the other self harm one day happy as larry the next. im starting to feel there is no end. ...

What do u do when you're irritated???

Is this normal, weird, or am I just so weird that I think I'm normal?
I talk to myself out loud a lot, and this isn't just like "Where did I put the keys?" or "Hm... What should I eat for dinner?" I usually argue with myself, or have ...

Lying on the floor?
I always find when i am the most depressed ( i do suffer from clinical depression and have seen my doc/counsellor etc) like at the moment, i spend a lot of my time lying on the floor, as aposed to a ...

I'm so happy right now!?
but worry my depression could take that away at any moment any one else feel that way?...

Please help me....?
i have been battleing severe anxiety for over a year now. i will get to a point where i feel like my throat is closing up literally. for the past year i have been binge drinking and it ssemed to be ...

Do you worry too much?

Why is it good to cry?
well i'm good at drama and i practice crying to help me and i listen to sad music but after i stop i feel drained, bored and sad? is it just good to cry when you have something to cry bout?...

Can depression make you lose your memory?
i forget things easily and even things about my past, is this due to depression?ive had depression on and off since age of 19, im only 32 so i know its not old age lol

chez .
Rating
dont know-cant remember :(

justme
Rating
Yes and smoking makes you loose your short term memory as well.

Alicat
Now what was I going to say..........................?

phily911diesel
Depression causes stress, stress kills brain cells.

allason s
yes it can

my memory is shocking and has been since i had a nervous breakdown

reallysuri
Rating
It's not just the depression it's the anti depressants as well.

allseeingdi
Yes it can dear, Just as depression can also heighten your awareness by emphasising your problems and failures.

majnun99
Yes. I have depression and I forget things all the time.

selractrad
Possibly.
But it's hard to say as depression also "makes" me drink.

robert m
Rating
It could.

ANGEL-T
Rating
yes it can.
Things like cod liver oil. fish oils, green veg can improve your memory. Keeping your brain active can help i.e like solving puzzles. But maybe its better to forget the past and enjoy the future. As maybe its the past that depresses you.

I think so. I have that problem too. I forget things and it's embarrassing cuz I'm not all that old either. I find when I have a lot on my mind or If I worry a lot, even stress is a factor. I forget things. I guess your family doctor can really answer the question. I should go soon and find out.

Daisy the cow
Rating
Yes, a side effect of depression can be that your memory and concentration levels are diminished. Also some of the anti depressant medications can have an effect on memory too.

jellybabby
Rating
short answer is yes, clinical depression actually depresses bodily functions, and as your memory is a brain activity it can be affected

birdie
Rating
Stress & depression can make you lose your memory & ability to concentrate. Medication is very helpful in this respect.

Afro..
I have come to the conclusion that it's not depression or old age which affects ones memory these days.
Everyone seems to have a memory problem. My 9 year old grand daughter is no better than her mum who is in her 20s...and her mum's memory is no better than mine.

In-fact, my memory seems to be worst than my parents memories...and they are in their late 70s-80s

My theory is that something within the last 40 years has contributed to my generation and our children plus now their children to be suffering from this premature losing of our memories.

Scotty
It definitely can affect your memory

~*Darlene*~
Yes, Kuz It Can Make You Delusional & All That Stuff

starlet108
Mu husband has depression (and has had for years) and he forgets certain stuff. He is only 49 so it isnt dementia. I believe its his way of coping sometimes - he just blots out stuff from his memory (though sometimes I swear it actually selective memory - a bit like his selective hearing when I ask him to do something ) xxxxxxxxxx

sideshow bob
Rating
i...think..maybe it can and also....oh ive fogotten sorry

Joanne W
Same age!!! I go through spurs of depression, & you do seem to lose your memory. xxx

buzz
yes i got post natal depression my partner of six years left me and been honest all my my son brrn a baby i dont remember or remember him leaving so it can happen

DrB
Rating
Memory can be affected by the depression and by meds used to treat depression.

Do you recall that is the third time that you posted that question?

Just kidding.

Good luck.

Foghorn
Yes, very much so. You'll get it back as the brain rewires itself. I had depression a few years ago and I forgot how to boil rice! (I'm a chef!!!) I also forgot my wife's name -thank goodness that she is a psychologist and thus understands these things. I forgot the name of our cat - all simple, everyday thoughts.

Yet at the time, I could recall at an instant the bowling and batting statistics for the England cricket team. I did not lose the ability to read music. But when you call your wife "Boycott, 217 not out", life seems somewhat bizarre. (My wife is called Louise, and Boycott hit 217* against SA Forces 1st XI at Louis Trichaud Air Force Base, South Africa, in a warm up match.)

Bobby<3
i don't know about loosing your memory, but it certainly can make you forget simple things and have a hard time concentrating, you feel like your really out of it, like your on mars. and recent studies show that depression is caused by a restriction of blood and oxygen to the brain and when that restriction is released the depression goes away.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, August 22, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy