Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Is it wrong to think of death? A LOT?

A question about depression?
I think I might be depressed. I'm only a teen, and am afraid my amatuer self diagnosis won't be taken seriously, so i need to know your views. Last year, one of my friends (who wants to be ...

Why is everyone so against suicide?
If someone is so miserable and in so much pain. why do we want them to live in such a condition. if we humans are so compassoate. wht don't we help them be free. Especially christians always ...

How can I go to sleep easily?
I quit smoking weed for more than 6 six months ago, but I still have sleepless nights sometimes because I am sober....

Do you think self injury is a disorder?

What will you do,if you know that this is the last day you live?

What is the point of being alive ?
Work. Pay bills. Sleep. Avoid fake people.
Talk to one's dog.
Additional Details
Yep: I forgot ...

Would you consider this bulimia?
Since I was 13 I had off and on trowing up, I'd do it for 4-5 months, and I'd stop for a few and then do it for another 4-5 months (everyday 2-3 times a day) i got help for that because i ...

Is this a mental health problem, how to get help?
if a teenager tells lots of lies, very manipulative and convincing (not on drugs) has great highs and circling lows, creates horrific problems between people, doesnt keep friends for long, but tells ...

My 9 yr. old wants to kill me, stab me, what do I do? He says he hates me.?
What do I do? been to therapy, on meds, won't stop, screams in the house, takes a pen & wants to jab me w/ it, calls me names, we just got out of therapy & he says I am not going to ...

Why am I so emotional???? HELP ME PLEASE?
and no not because of my monthly deal.......why do I keep crying, why am I so emotional and up and down. I don't want to take prescription drugs, and my boyfriend says its almost like I am ...

Whats the difference between a psychiatrist and a psychologist?

Why do my parents ignore my pleas for help?
They must know that I self harm because it's really obvious, why do they ignore it?It only makes me do it again and again cos they keep ignoring me and I keep on telling them I'm down and ...

Is cutting your own hair when depressed considered a self-destructive act?

Additional Details
It actually doesn't look bad, but I hacked off about 6 inches. It's still below my shoulders though....

Does anyone really believe counselling helps get over depression?
I have just been diagnosed with depression and got medication and counselling, but i dont want to sit and talk with a total stranger of my problems. I dont even want to take the drugs really! does ...

Am I the only person who HATES it when people say no offence and proceed off to a rude comment?

todays comments:

My "friend": "No offence, but your family is weird..."

I was offended, and i tried to say something back but she didnt hear ...

Love and betrayel on yahoo amswers tell me what you think?
in may 2008 i met a guy on yahoo answers the category of course was in polls and surveys.then my father passed away may 22nd 2008 after my father passing away i still have grieved for him this guy ...

Whats your deepest fear ?
Be honest what is your worst fear, im not talking about those little things, im talking about the things that would hurt you for the rest of your life... what do you deeply fear?

i fear ...

Do you think im nuts?
im 22, self harmer of 6+years. I'd say for my age quite a heavy drinker! At the moment apart from the occasional pet sitting job im unemployed, i spend most of the 24 hours sleeping and when im ...

Why do people get cancer when they dont smoke?

xxSUMMERxx
COULD I BE DEPRESSED?
most people describe me as a funny, smart and pretty girl but recently ive been crying constantly and i feel isolated and so alone. i hav tried 2talk to a friend but she kind of disregards it and does the im here for u thing which i realise so many say and so few mean. i dont feel motivated, i skip days of college and sometimes i just wonder why im here. this is so unlike me.
Additional Details
It is starting to affect my relationship with others also.

Sunshine
Rating
Sounds very much like depression.Please try to see a counsellor.
I hope you feel better soon.
Hugs...

=)
maybe, but it might be hormones, like is it before your period?

Amie T
Rating
If you've never felt this way before, then my guess is you aren't happy with where you are or what you are doing in your life. Life can be hard, but it can also be amazing...maybe you need to get involved in things you've always been interested in and surround yourself with positive and motivating people. Take some time to ask why and look at every aspect of your life...

maddy
Rating
sounds like it is.
a little insecure too.

Mark
it happens

PromoGirl
Very Likely could be. I was like that when i first went away to college (not sure if thats your case or not- but it can be a rough time in your life- stuck in btn High School Teen and adult). Seek some help, school counselor, etc (it's not that uncommon and nothing to be embarrassed about). Besides, sometimes its good to have a neutral outside party- not a friend/family memeber, just listen to you!

feel better AND know that your not alone!

guy
if u r that means i am 2 :(

♥ keeplovealive ♥
Rating
I do the same crap as you.
If your depressed...
Then that means so am I.

t3h pallid panda
It could actually be hormonal.

Either way, try joining a group of people, a sport, get involved in some kind of activity, just find something you love and go crazy.

i used to get that way a lot, and all that really helped me was time and filling it with all kinds of miscellaneous activities.

Beautiful Memoriesツ
Rating
Yeah i know it is hard. I think we all go through a stage like this at somepoint of our life. I would suggest you talk to your close friends or parents, relatives about how you feel. Even though it may be hard. In the long run it will help you big time. As for now, try to remeber all of the gifts in life. All the things to be thankful for, like food, clothes, a place to live, family memebers, friends, a pet anything you are thankful for. Just keep telling yourself you have a lot. Because sometimes we all forget and tend to think of ourselves, especially when we are depressed. And if you feel alone, try going out to places. I am not saying "go make friends" because i am sure you have many. Just try to surround yourself around people. Go to the mall have fun, look at a pet shop if you dont have a pet, pets are good companions. If you already have a pet, its fun to look at them anyway hehe and if still you are sad. Go seek help which is difficult i know. If your friend does the whole im here for you thing really talk to her and ask her "are you really there for me?" and talk to her about how you feel, maybe try to get her to do somethin fun with you. Dont worry you will be fine! And try to advoid skipping school. Maybe talk to a close teacher about it. And never wonder why you are here on earth. God created you for a reason, we were all created to do good. So you see maybe helping less fortunate or visiting the sick, or elderly will help you realize you have a lot and doing good makes you feel better and better. The more good you do the happier you will be, this is because we were all created to do good, it is just our choice whether or not to do it. Just try those suggestions and im sure you will feel much better soon! Good luck hun!

Classy Spice
Try to find something that you are interested in. Join a netball team, try singing lessons or swimming classes...If you find something your interested in, it will motivate you. It will also give you the opportunity to meet new people. This will prevent you from feeling isolated. Sometimes friends let us down and are not always there to listen. But don't feel that you are on your own, sometimes when we are down, it seems like everyone else is happy, but this is not always true....

Willow
Rating
Yes, you could be. Seek out a mental health professional if you feel this is something you can't stop or control.

What the hell did I get 2 thumb downs for?

funkypants moobmeister
Rating
could be. go visit ur gp, he will listen to you. give u this form to fill in, just a few simple questions about ur felings etc, no biggie, just to see if its more anxity related or depression

fuzz192
Rating
You sound like me. Talk to your Doctor, who will most likely prescribe meds. They don't work for me, but they do for some people I know.

Peyton Sawyer
Just talk to some people! Umm.. try to call a friend that knows u very well. I think you can get throught it just go on with life! oh stay in collegeand if u cant get throught it ask a teacher or doctor! hope u get better

deeblog
I work within a Secondary School my love. You probably are funny, smart and such a pretty girl as described. However, you are upset, alone and you need to speek to someome?

Just because you have all of these feelings you need not be alone.

you are very normal that i can re-assure you.

you are not depressed. you are normal to feel this way.

You are just a teen-ager and all your feelings are just normal.

Maybe you are finding college really hard, if so please speak
to Mum, a superior, or a friend. You think they will not
understand, but i bet they will. Especially Mum! She is the
best bet.

Chin up.

You can do it. xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Don't put yourself down. Think positive and eliminate the
negatives.

You will go far, believe in yourself,and don't cry anymore.

Believe xxxxxxxxxxxxx

MikeD2
Join the club... You probably suffer from Bi Polar, but I'm no doctor.
If you think you know the symptoms, you're halfway to diagnosing it and getting help.

Mandie
Rating
yes you could possibly be deppressed about something. reall just yesterday i went to the doctor cuz of horrible stomach pain and my doctor said i could be depression. and the even if u look happy. even some1 u don't like can cause u to be depressed.

psychopiet
get profesional help soon, better to get help for this kind of issue to early than to late.

NewYork
Rating
Sounds like you are to me.
Ask your Doctor.

Chase
yes, you could be suffering from depression. It may be if you recently left home and miss it, or just from a change in environment. If this is effecting your every-day life, i suggest you see a counselor. It could really help get to the bottom of this.

NOoE
crying for no reason? constant sadness..is a sign of depression..but you must go to a doctor...they sure will help you out.

conan_46140
I would check with a doctor or mental health councilor but from what you've told me you have several symtoms of depression.

Shan
Yeah, I was just like you until my depression kicked in. I left it too long and it just got worse. It might be something happening in your life, but if its happening on its own, or even if it is something, go to your doctor, I'm so glad I did, I hope it doesn't get to the point where you need medication to function, but I do. There's other things like counselling and therapy as well to get you through this stuff. What I'm trying to say is, dont' be afraid to speak out, and make sure its to the right people.

andy F7
Rating
sounds very much like it I'm afraid, or you have failed to deal with an upsetting experience in your past, a death, parental divorce, failed relationship, will you please please make that first step and go to your doctor and he can arrange an appointment with a professional in this area, i have many friends who have suffered like this and its under control with just about all of them, go OK, this is your life you just have one, make it the best you can, i will be wishing hard for you.

Sienna Grace VoVo
Rating
I think you are having a lack of fun. You havent been out for a while. Or maybe you are just sick of doing the same thing over and over. You should get up, off the computer chair, and go do something funky. Do something wild and crazy, but dont get a tattoo. Everyone always regrets those ;). Go bungie jumping or go cart racing alone or with some good friends. Spice up your life a bit, go on vacay!

xxx_devil_from_hell_xxx
yes you could be depressed.
if i was you i would go speak to someone or see a doctor.
gd luck

Jules
Rating
It does sound as though you could be suffering from depression, but it isn't a good idea to self diagnose, so I would strongly suggest that you make an appointment and go and see your GP.

Write down all the things that are causing you distress, making you feel unhappy and the affect it is having. If you go to the appointment and get anxious or upset you will have something to remind you of what you need to say, or you could ask the Dr to read what you have taken with you.

This link to the Mind website might prove useful:

Understanding depression:
http://www.mind.org.uk/Information/Booklets/Understanding/Understanding+depression.htm

the information is easy to read and understand and will offer you some practical tips on what to do and how to cope.

I hope this helps.

Take care and good luck.

George M G
Rating
Ohh yes you need to get to a Dr ASAP dont pay around with this.You may need meds and some counsle it not a bad thing but you need to get it traeted NOW before it gets bad then you not be able to deal with it.A lot of people deal with this every day you be ok but go to your DR OR YOUR MENTAL HEATH CENTER FOR HELP

.:SugaBae:.
i feel the same alot now too...but i have figured a way out to help..which is kind of private....and ppl tel me stop...cuz they think im crazy....
but all u have is urself.....so dont take anyone elses advice....fix it urself so u can take all the credit....and kno wut to do next time

Lynn R
Yes it sounds like you have symptoms of depression. go on line and google about types of depression. If you don't start to rebound or if symptoms worsen, see a Dr. or therapist. You don't have to suffer alone, there is alot of support out there.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.104
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy