Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Fears of the dark?
Is it okay for a 15 year old to still be creeped out by the dark? Like i will -never- go down stairs during the night unless someone else is there. I always check my clost before bed. For me i love ...

I need your help, has anyone ever felt that...?
Has anyone ever got up one day and just felt that their life has no meaning, it is just plain and a bore, and there is nothing to look forward to or live for. I am not talking about suicide, because ...

Do you know anyone that has ever committed or tried to commit suicide?
On wednesday someone in my grade committed suicide. They shot themselves. I was so shocked. Even though I didn't really know them I was still sad. I always thought it would never happen to ...

Cant take it anymore!?
i need help. I have been to several therapists and have been on many medications and i am beginning to realize that since i have had depression,i have no interest or motivation to control my weight, ...

Scared? Please give advice.?
I feel like I'm always scared of the stupidest things...I always get scared that someone is in my room at night, or under my bed, or that there is someone in my house that is going to hurt me. I ...

Insomnia? I'm really suffering at the moment - any tips?
I can't manage to sleep for more that about 3 - 4 hours at the moment, no matter what time I go to bed. Falling asleep isn't the problem - it's staying asleep. I tend to wake up in the ...

Why is it that people can be so hostile to those who suffer from a mental health condition?
I have suffered from depression for the last 6 years, and as a result lost out from life. My own friends and even some family members have deserted me. It is so unfair, as i feel really rejected and ...

Spelling...?
Why is it. when someone asks a question about eg: Health.. you get people complaining about that persons grammer instead of answering the question?? What is that point in poiting out spellin when ...

I'm thinking of killing myself. What should I do?

I forgot my question. I was going to ask a very profound question. Why do I forget my questions?

Have you ever thought about suicide?
Like that was the only way to get rid of your problems, like when you are extremely stressed out. And you ask yourself, why am I here, why am I alive, and can I handle real life, and what to do....

Would u consider this normal?
I got this new job and it's very boring. 2day was my 8th day. As soon as I get into the small store (where I work) I start looking at the clock to see how many hrs more I have 2 work.

What is the best way of getting rid of tension?

I quit smoking cannabis 2 years ago?
but over the last month i've been smoking it daily again.
now i'm trying to stop again and have not had any since last tuesday, but since then i've been feeling a bit grotty & ...

How many hours of sleep do you need for a good night rest.?

If I jump in front of a moving truck and died, would that be considered suicide, or just an accident?

Additional Details
Okay guys, this was just a pathetic cry for help. I do want to kill myself; I just figured I'd ask since ...

How much does it annoy you when you get told to cheer up?
This Is More Annoying When The Person Telling You To Cheer Up Knows Your Severly Depressed. It's Bad Enough When It Comes From A Stranger
Additional Details

I suffer severe depression,so does my brother and sister,do u think depression is genetic?

Do you ever wonder what's the point of going to sleep?
I'm sort of tired, but not really. My husband is bugging me to come to bed and get some sleep, but I just sigh and wonder why bother when I can stay up and do stuff?...

How should I fight depression?
I would prefer to find out a method that doesn't implies pills!...

Brandye C
Are there things I can do to stop my spouse from emotionally and mentally abusing me?

AS IF.....................
If he doesn't think anything is wrong with him and won't get help - leave. Easier said than done, but in this world we all live in is hard enough much less have a spouse like that. Been there , done that! It's not going to get any better if he won't go seek help. It's your life and you must take control of it. It is up to you to save yourself, for your sanity. Nothing is worth putting up with this type of abuse. It will wear you down faster than ever. Get help for yourself, if he won't go.

Nubiah
Rating
I can tihnk of 1 major thing. How about leaving him. If he abuses you in any kind of way, he is showing that he does not love you. You are way more valuable than he is noticing. you are letting him take you for granted. You may be saying that you can't leave him because you love him. You don't love him you feel like you will be lonely without him, you won't be. You can do way better than him. There is someone out there willing to treat you the way that you deserve to be treated. All you have to do is get him out of your life and find someone else. An abusive relationship is not worth staying in. He probably has brainwashed you into thinking that you are noy beautiful but I guarantee that you are. He should be emotionally and mentally helping you. He should be supportive and willing to treat you like a human being. You shouldn't be belittled by any man. Your worth is priceless.

robert s
only if both of you are willig to except counseling not beind forced but for each other. then maybe if not get some assertive training for yourself and leave

DESTINY
Rating
Yes there are many organizations out there to help. Women against abuse are very good,Look in the phone book in the blue section and you will find many resources.I hope that you seek out any and all to resolve the situation.

Horsense
Rating
I have a suggestion, that you carefully read the following online articles:

Help for Battered Women! :
- "Maybe This Time He'll Change"
- Why Do Men Batter Women?
- Help for Battered Women
- Machismo--A Global Problem
- Correcting Misconceptions
- "Sometimes I Think I Am Dreaming!" < a successful outcome
http://www.watchtower.org/e/20011108/article_01.htm

John
Rating
I just got out of a relationship like this... I was with the person for four years and we would break up and get back together every year. It was horrible... I even took them to the doctor and they gave them meds... but after all this I finally realized nothing would change and cut my losses... was very hard for the first 3 months but now I am happier than I have ever been...

wldwon2003
Rating
leave him asap. get help from a close friend or shelter and dont go back honey he will never stop no matter how much he says he will and you are better than that you dont have to live with it

Alex
therepy

laura k
Rating
Yes sit him down and tell him how you feel and tell him to shut up and let you do the talking lay it out ask for respect and you should receive it. maybe he you should look into your back ground for similar behaviors and check into a new life, it is a never ending cycle when it has been the norm all your life. just another way to look at it!

buddhasgirl1220
I thought there were things I could do to fix my ex's emotional and mental abuse problems. I learned the hard way over 5 years of mental and emotional abuse that you can't change them. I think that they honestly believe if they mentally/emotionally abuse you enough that they can mold you into whatever they want you to be. And you will change things in your life so that your spouse will not abuse you. Don't try to fix something you didn't break in the first place. The best thing to do is walk away from the relationship. Now. Don't wait. It does NOT get better. Your life will get better when you leave and you will realize just how much you have changed your life to make your spouse happy. How about you make you happy? Good Luck!

PS--Don't go back when your spouse comes crawling back begging you for forgiveness. If you go back, he's just showing more control over you which leads to more emotional and physical abuse.

Mike M.
Emotional. Mental. Psychological. Verbal. Abuse is abuse, and no one, I repeat, no one should have to put up with it. The only thing you can do is pack up all your things and get out of there. Afterwards, you might want to pursue legal action against the bloke who treated you so badly. Just make sure you have sufficient concrete evidence to use at the trial. Good Luck.

Abby
No. Find support with family and friends, and leave him. If he is an apologizer, don't fall for it. Best luck.

-$-Full-Tilt-Poker-Player-$-
if i was you i wouldint put up with his ****. have him try to beat on me and see what happens. id knee him in his ****** up skull. then break his adems apple.

jerrys_love
First off, get to a safe place. Then, pray for them. God can soften their heart, but there is no reason to keep yourself in harm's way.

Stareyes
Rating
You can tell him to stop or get a respected elder involved. Or, you can leave for some time and tell him that if starts abusing you again you will leave permanently.

KorvetteKaren
There is only one answer....your going to have to get away from him and stay away....and i can not stress the point that do it and do it now today....please...dont waste your life thinking or hoping it will get better....I am too old to star a new family now....and I am not the same happy person than the person i was before i married my absere...you dont want to end up like me.....please leave as fast as you can...and i hope you live a long happy healthy life..

Peace

mystry72
Rating
Having been there, the first thing I would suggest is to get YOURSELF into counseling. Second, tell him/her that you will no longer stand for it and that if he/she continues you will either pack his/her bags and they will leave or you will be leaving. Third, follow through with number two!!!

I was in your same position once. I thought that I wouldn't find anyone that would love me or take care of me, but what I didn't realize was that person was there all along. It was ME!!! You have to take care of yourself first!!! Allowing someone to do this TO you is not taking care of yourself. There are all sorts of support systems out there if you don't have the financial means to leave, there are also support groups if you don't have the EMOTIONAL means to leave.

Try to find a counselor and they can also help you greatly. You CANNOT change him, only HE can do that. You can ask him to go to counseling with you to work on communication, but only if he will do that. But if he is doing what you say, I'm not sure he will. But, like people say, it doesn't hurt to try.

Good luck!!

myheartisjames
Rating
you need to leave the relationship...for your own safety.....

jozzie
yes ..leave

smartypants
Rating
The only person you can control is you. So no. You have got to leave and get into counceling to sort out how you came to be with a person like this. A bully is a bully and it's up to your spouse to sort out why--not you.

Good luck. You deserve so much better.

answerme
Rating
Walkint out with at least 1/2 of the community property would be a good start.

justme
Rating
get out of the relationship

?
Yes, leave him. Document it first, and then leave him. You shouldn't take that stuff from anyone, least of all your spouse.

ladyluckgamble
Rating
you need to break up with your spouse or you could call the police on him.

pollockcs
Can't do anything if you aren't there. Leave him.

Tracie
PROBABLY NOT. YOU COULD GET OUT OF THE RELATIONSHIP. I KNOW THAT IS EASIER SAID THAN DONE, BUT HE WILL CONTINUE TO DO THIS UNTIL HE HAS YOU CONVINCED YOU CANNOT DO BETTER THEN YOU WILL STAY WITH HIM AND CONTINUE LETTING HIM DO IT.

Fashionista
Rating
Leave his ***.

been there
Once they start abuse you and let them get away with it, they'll think it's okay and continue. I walked out on an abusive wife 10 years ago. She was not only emotionally and mentally abusive, but she eventually became physically abusive, and that could happen to you. Now that I look back, I realize I should have left years sooner.

Ranjith
Rating
Tell her that i you r going to divorce him.......

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, November 22, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy