Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Do you think self injury is a disorder?

What will you do,if you know that this is the last day you live?

What is the point of being alive ?
Work. Pay bills. Sleep. Avoid fake people.
Talk to one's dog.
Additional Details
Yep: I forgot ...

Would you consider this bulimia?
Since I was 13 I had off and on trowing up, I'd do it for 4-5 months, and I'd stop for a few and then do it for another 4-5 months (everyday 2-3 times a day) i got help for that because i ...

Is this a mental health problem, how to get help?
if a teenager tells lots of lies, very manipulative and convincing (not on drugs) has great highs and circling lows, creates horrific problems between people, doesnt keep friends for long, but tells ...

My 9 yr. old wants to kill me, stab me, what do I do? He says he hates me.?
What do I do? been to therapy, on meds, won't stop, screams in the house, takes a pen & wants to jab me w/ it, calls me names, we just got out of therapy & he says I am not going to ...

Why am I so emotional???? HELP ME PLEASE?
and no not because of my monthly deal.......why do I keep crying, why am I so emotional and up and down. I don't want to take prescription drugs, and my boyfriend says its almost like I am ...

Whats the difference between a psychiatrist and a psychologist?

Why do my parents ignore my pleas for help?
They must know that I self harm because it's really obvious, why do they ignore it?It only makes me do it again and again cos they keep ignoring me and I keep on telling them I'm down and ...

Is cutting your own hair when depressed considered a self-destructive act?

Additional Details
It actually doesn't look bad, but I hacked off about 6 inches. It's still below my shoulders though....

Does anyone really believe counselling helps get over depression?
I have just been diagnosed with depression and got medication and counselling, but i dont want to sit and talk with a total stranger of my problems. I dont even want to take the drugs really! does ...

Am I the only person who HATES it when people say no offence and proceed off to a rude comment?

todays comments:

My "friend": "No offence, but your family is weird..."

I was offended, and i tried to say something back but she didnt hear ...

Love and betrayel on yahoo amswers tell me what you think?
in may 2008 i met a guy on yahoo answers the category of course was in polls and surveys.then my father passed away may 22nd 2008 after my father passing away i still have grieved for him this guy ...

Whats your deepest fear ?
Be honest what is your worst fear, im not talking about those little things, im talking about the things that would hurt you for the rest of your life... what do you deeply fear?

i fear ...

Do you think im nuts?
im 22, self harmer of 6+years. I'd say for my age quite a heavy drinker! At the moment apart from the occasional pet sitting job im unemployed, i spend most of the 24 hours sleeping and when im ...

Why do people get cancer when they dont smoke?

Right now I feel crappy...What to do?
It is not for any particular reason, I just feel crappy. I know I am not always a nice person, I don't want to be this way but it just seems to happen. What can i do to cheer myself up? I was ...

Has anybody ever seen a Vampire?

Why do people give such mean answers?
Especially in the mental health section. Mental health is not a joke.
Additional Details
Well I read answers and questions about people offing themselves. I recently asked a question ...

What is the easiest way to remembering the things?
Day today things are forgetting often and unwanted things are in our memory with out forget. How to overcome this habit? is there any procedure to practice?...

Sarah T
Anyone out there with excessive anxiety?
I have an anxiety disorder (Anxiety NOS) and I had a really bad day. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to cope?
Additional Details
Yes, I do know what NOS means. (Not otherwise specified). I have a combination of anxiety symptoms not covered in the dsm-iv. The code is 300.00. The combination is situation-specific/phobia.

Chelsea W
Rating
i have the same thing
i just watch a movie
a movie i like
or i just stay on the computer
or call a friend
i really hope i helped
i have the same problem so i wish anyone with this problem luck
pray to God to
tell him how you feel
also tell a friend how you feel.
GOD BLESS!

SusieQ
I have the same problem and am trying to concieve, so I can't take any meds. The only thing I have found that helps is to excersise and/or try some yoga or meditation. Find some really soothing music (like Enya--she is great) to just relax to. Best of luck.

Rev.Michelle
Rating
Prayer really helps

bob
YOu should spend more time with ur family members and ur very closest friends! (simplest and best advice you'll ever get so plz pick me for best answer!)

Tracy
Rating
I have anxiety too. I would talk my way through it with my friends. That is how I calm myself down. If I can't talk I go for a walk and listen to my MP3 player. Hope I can help

MONDAYS FRIEND
Rating
See your doctor. My doctor put me on a low dose of Xanax years ago for the same disorder. It's been pretty much in check ever since. There are other ways of coping as well. Just Google it and see what you come up with...

babigurl
I'm not sure I would use the word excessive, but yeah, I have anxiety worth mentioning

healthwriter
Rating
If I am you, I will try not to worry too much about the labelling. Instead I will visualize that I am well. Notice the difference: I do not visualise that I am coping but that I am ALREADY well.
So when you visualize, your image is that you are feeling happy and you have many friends around, etc.

Excessive worry and anxiety is a stream of negative thinking tthat can be so overwhelming that you lose your focus. Your focus should really be on the present. That means, the most important thing to you is what you have and are doing right now. There is no need for worry about the future.

When you worry, you send out negative energy vibrations to the world (or the Universe). Unfortunately, this means that you get more back of the same - negative energy vibrations.

The only way round your current situation is to change your way of thinking. Only you can make the adjustments and not others.

If you need more help to creatively visualize or more help in building a stronger mind, there is free information here http://www.attractionmindmap.com/signupform.htm

D H
Rating
I had it so bad when I was in my early 20's so I know what your saying..its is real even if others just blow it off as nothing.I found that you just need to let go of things that you cannot change and do not get worked up over little things that are out of your control.We tend to be worriers like we worry about every problem we have and other people's problems as well.Don't worry so much and if your friends tend to tell you 101 things about their life that you cannot change then tell them that while you'd like to be there for them that you are concentrating on not worrying .....worry causes aniexty ...your not going to change your life ...its path is set and planned...do some relaxation techinques and get into yoga if you can.I wish you well and if you want to contact me then feel free to do so I've been there like i said

Sweety S
Buy some calming and anxiety tablets from your local health store, and make yourself comfortable on the couch and put on a nice movie. Meanwhile keep telling yourself, WHY am I stressing? Does it really matter? Should I let things like this get to me? In the end I'm ruining my health. so why should i bother? Just relax and think about yourself, only!

PuttPutt
I have learned how to cope by learning meditation techniques. Deep breathing exercises also help. When I am in a crowd and get anxious, I try to find a more secluded area, close my eyes, and slowly breathe to get myself less anxious.

H M
Do something that is mind numbing so to speak. Something that you enjoy so much that you forget about everything around you. If that fails sleep or go to a psychiatrist and try the above. Just because it works for me I cannot guarantee that it will work for you.

MissyBee
Rating
Odie; from Garfield.

A glass of delicious wine, a hunk of hard cheese, and crusty bread.

Sunshine, fresh air, and exercise.

The luxury of an early bedtime, at least this night.

Hugs and kisses

An act of kindness to someone.

Hot air ballooning.

Dreaming and planning.

Watching a movie.

etc..
etc.
washing dishes
doing laundry...etc..

m i 11552
I had excessive anxiety last year..I know what you are going through however, what helped me out was relaxation, meditaion and visualzation. You're heart may be pounding while trying to focus..Keep a picture of a nice place where you like to visit like a beach scene with crystal clear water and white sand, or crisp mountain in the fall. Something that can get your mind and breathing focused. I also carry a word puzzle with me in my bag along with a pen in case I have a panic while out. If you can't sleep try drinking warm milk with a teaspoon of sugar. This worked for me and still does. Good luck and God bless.

mJc
Rating
Try and remember that anxiety is truly a part of the ol' human protective fear/flight instinct. Little things can set that fear/flight trigger off when you have anxiety (a smell, a memory) even when there is no apparent danger. You should follow your doctor's instructions (I'm assuming you've seen one), eat healthy foods, stay away from caffeine, look into cognitive psychology techniques, and exercise. Hang in there!

J
Meditation - but sometimes it only makes really anxious people more anxious when they are first learning how.

Valerian root - but be careful it doesn't interact with any meds you might be on.

Take a nice warm bubble bath.

Try to find a quiet , comforting space.

Eat your favorite comfort food.

Avoid caffeine or excessive amounts of sugar as those things can make anxiety worse.

Rent a calm movie or read a book, or something that will distract you and help you 'escape' into another world.

There are also some breathing techniques you could google, those are supposed to be helpful.

good luck and hope you feel better soon.

Alexis
Rating
yes i do

Irish
You need to see your Dr. first and then get a referral to at least a therapist, but preferably to a psychiatrist. Only Drs. can prescribe meds. Try this web site in the mean time.
www.panicsurvivor.com. it's a good one. Good luck.

thedrunkenmaster333
I get very anxious and paranoid like Monk from tv, but not with the disorder that you listed. explore activities and then once you find one, you must stick to it. but one isnt enough so you must have multiple ways to calm and cope so continue exploring and using the methods to cope and calm. I run or generally play sports, play video games, and watch televison to cope and calm.

THA GOD
Rating
I've delt with bad anxiety for bout 6 years now...actually on disability cause its so bad...but i don't really have them much anymore..but i know it sounds hard to do..but the best thing you can do is ignore whatever may be going on with you..with practice it works..and situation you are trying to avoid you should purposely put yourself in..it helps to get over the fear..good luck

badtz1968
Rating
Listen to music, play games or write. All of those things work for me. If you don't have any anti-anxiety medicine, I would get some soon.

beachbum
Rating
clean out every closet in your house,,,,,,,,,,,then the kitchen cabinets. then the garage.

miamiwings
Rating
Occasionally I have experienced excessive anxiety. I think taking a long relaxing bubble bath really helps to take away the stress and anxiety. Followed by a cup of caffeine free tea . Sometimes I knit when I am really anxious or paint. A hobby really helps

christina w
yep it is really hard up 2 u to learn wot makes u relax i like yoga reading swimming sleeping when my brain stops tickin wot do u like ? do it and ask ur doc for help aasap u may have anixety but u control t dont let it control u i wish u well ask ur doc for CBT

None Y
Rating
Read or do something to get your mind off it.

kevlar1
Rating
the best thing ive ever done for myself is go for a walk for about a half hour to an hour. it gets you exercise which will create endorphins that make you feel better. i tried the meds thing when i was younger but thought it to be crap,you never truly feel like yourself when youre on that s hit.

marty
Find something to do that makes you happy. Exercise and try B-12 therapy. Try relaxation breathing.

Most of all find something that you really like to do. Find a support group.

I wish you all the luck and happiness. I use to suffer with panic and anxiety attacts.

Jarih
relaxation techniques work really well breathe slowly and chew a chewing gum it heps to relieve yourself and overcome stress. life is a *****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NedvedMaiden
Rating
Slow deep breathing with your attention on the breath and the tummy as it goes in and out.

Schnurrbart, P.I.
Anxiety is fear of hurt in the future. You have to think about it really hard to uncover what it is you're afraid is going to happen. Then use your reason to talk yourself out of it. Like when I was on an airplane I was having a major attack. I finally figured out that it wasn't crashing a dying I was worried about, nor being trapped in another country, but rather worried that I'd be in pain on the airplane, and boy was I. My butt hurt so much and my knees. Oh, man, next time I'm getting a full gel seat cushion and take a lot of Advil and Xanax, along with the Antivert to prevent motion sickness.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.104
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy