Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Am i a freak, or does anyone else do this? Why do i do this?
i often find that, when i'm on the verge of being very low, i will 'feed' my depression, for example by searching for questions on here to do with self harm or suicide, so that i then ...

Why do people commit suicide .Are they not afraid of death?
What can be the reasons that they are not even afraid to finish their life ....

Happy easter everyone!?
for all those in here who will be finding today a very difficult day, i wish you smiles, happiness, hugs and chocolate eggs. :)
(((((hugs)))))
a hope you all have a great day!...

Overdose?? Dangerous ??
I'm 14, 100 pounds, I had a horrible headace, I was stupid and I took 4 pills of 500 mg extra strength tylenol...2000 mg in all.
I've also been on Zoloft (antidepressant) for about a ...

Is it wrong to think of death? A LOT?

A question about depression?
I think I might be depressed. I'm only a teen, and am afraid my amatuer self diagnosis won't be taken seriously, so i need to know your views. Last year, one of my friends (who wants to be ...

Why is everyone so against suicide?
If someone is so miserable and in so much pain. why do we want them to live in such a condition. if we humans are so compassoate. wht don't we help them be free. Especially christians always ...

How can I go to sleep easily?
I quit smoking weed for more than 6 six months ago, but I still have sleepless nights sometimes because I am sober....

Do you think self injury is a disorder?

What will you do,if you know that this is the last day you live?

What is the point of being alive ?
Work. Pay bills. Sleep. Avoid fake people.
Talk to one's dog.
Additional Details
Yep: I forgot ...

Would you consider this bulimia?
Since I was 13 I had off and on trowing up, I'd do it for 4-5 months, and I'd stop for a few and then do it for another 4-5 months (everyday 2-3 times a day) i got help for that because i ...

Is this a mental health problem, how to get help?
if a teenager tells lots of lies, very manipulative and convincing (not on drugs) has great highs and circling lows, creates horrific problems between people, doesnt keep friends for long, but tells ...

My 9 yr. old wants to kill me, stab me, what do I do? He says he hates me.?
What do I do? been to therapy, on meds, won't stop, screams in the house, takes a pen & wants to jab me w/ it, calls me names, we just got out of therapy & he says I am not going to ...

Why am I so emotional???? HELP ME PLEASE?
and no not because of my monthly deal.......why do I keep crying, why am I so emotional and up and down. I don't want to take prescription drugs, and my boyfriend says its almost like I am ...

Whats the difference between a psychiatrist and a psychologist?

Why do my parents ignore my pleas for help?
They must know that I self harm because it's really obvious, why do they ignore it?It only makes me do it again and again cos they keep ignoring me and I keep on telling them I'm down and ...

Is cutting your own hair when depressed considered a self-destructive act?

Additional Details
It actually doesn't look bad, but I hacked off about 6 inches. It's still below my shoulders though....

Does anyone really believe counselling helps get over depression?
I have just been diagnosed with depression and got medication and counselling, but i dont want to sit and talk with a total stranger of my problems. I dont even want to take the drugs really! does ...

Am I the only person who HATES it when people say no offence and proceed off to a rude comment?

todays comments:

My "friend": "No offence, but your family is weird..."

I was offended, and i tried to say something back but she didnt hear ...

Blueeyedgirly
Am I depressed?
I am really down lately. My marriage is in trouble, my son is disabled and it is difficult at times, I lost a great paying job and now work for much less and I just feel like everything is down on me. My husband is never ever home so I have no help or no support, my folks are both dead and my brother is estranged out of state somewhere. My friends are minimal since my husband has driven them away with his nasty drunken self. Should I worry that I cry off and on during the day?

gofish
you have good reason to cry however there are many people who are in even worse situations.

amanda_bbgd182
wow
i am a person who gets depressed REALLY easily...
and it sounds to me that you are depressed.....and i am sorry to hear about all of that...u should probably get divorced if your husband is doing that to you...it is not good for your health!!!

Kristin R
Rating
Yes, this does not sound good. You need someone to talk to. Try to get into some kind of therapy, call your doctor. You husband sounds like he needs A.A.

Knock N
Rating
Sounds like you are just like everybody else that is married with children !

kels kels
Rating
it sounds like u need professional help and they will tell u if u are depressed or just need to talk. if yur husband has caused u this much pain and is always drunk then u might want to consider a divorce good luck

Gone left
Rating
True you have a lot of problems. Try dwelling on the good times in your life, I bet there are many.

b a
Rating
i see a lot of things here:
marriage is on the rocks
disabled child to which ur the sole care giver
lack of spousal support with ur son, breaking a family connection betwn u all.
no close family
drunk spouse
few friends....which is ok, as long as they are close frds.

u do seem to have a lot interlinking problems.
FIRST think of ur SON. what will best benefit him.

but seriously......u may want to think about seeing a counselor......not a doctor for depression, b/c from the description, u do not seem in need of medication

but in need of counseling.

a counselor, such as certain social workers(lol...no the welfare kind, the counselors)
can help u sort through all of those areas.

it just seems to messy and overwhemling, and interlinking to try to sort out all by urself.

the counselor is trainned to look at these areas and see what to deal with first, how, and set goals and plans......specifically for u.

God bless

Rawiri T
Rating
that does sound so depressing but i tell you wat. leave the hubby he sounds like a loser. you have more chances getting hooked up with guys. cheat on his *** it might add a lil excitement to your life. Get the lawn mowing guys in and start it off from there trust me it should work...... ill say no more........... once the guy is there its all up to you................

i_ride_spinners04
Rating
No. I am deeply sorry for the things you're going through. I know in my heart that things will get better for you. You deserve great things even though you lost alot.. Just keep your faith in god and he will bless you in the long run. And as far as your husband, just remove him from your life if he doesn't want to be with you or help you out.

Kate M
Rating
Any single one of the things that you mentioned could cause great amounts of stress. Which could then send you into a depression. If you can afford to speak to a therapist you should. If not, join a support group online. It is very hard to help yourself out of depression, the sooner that you take action for your mental health the better. I wish you luck! Because I struggle with depression too I know how hard things can be.

tempabsage
Rating
YEAH!

These are not good times at all!

I'd get as much help as you can gather.... and then some.

But I would avoid pills... Some people say they help, others say htey are a crutch. If you want to progressively get help I say do EVERYTHING in your power to make some life altering changes.

Whether this is therapy, self help books, going to church, reaching out on message boards, getting new friends, etc. Or all of the above!

Do what it takes to do YOUR part only. Be compassionate to yourself in the process.

mustang_eleanor_gt500
Rating
sounds like it, take a prozac

BlueSea
Rating
Not sure you are clinically depressed but you sure have a lot in your life that would bring most people down. Call a local Catholic Charity or Lutheran Social Services, you need someone to talk to that can help you. These are usually free and don't worry that they try to convert you or you have to be of that religion.

Donna R
Rating
It sounds like you indeed have every reason to be in a state of depression. I am depressed to due to menopause, finances, being jobless, problems with my husband and kids. What you need is a support group and if you need a friend I can use one too so I'll be your friend if ever you need to talk if you are ok with it. Just contact me anytime I will be there if I can help in any way I will. God be with you!

plepo
Rating
I've always thought that if you think you are depressed, you probably are. Nobody can take all that day after day without it getting to them. Doesn't men that you have a clinical depressive condition...just that you are having a bad patch and in your case nobody to help. Talk to your doctor and perhaps a mental health professional. Medication might help, but never underestimate the power of just talking to someone who will listen and help. Good luck... ;)

sue dean
Rating
there is a thing called situational depression, maybe that's what it is, just do whatever you can to make things better. you might want to see your doctor and ask him about an anti-depressant to get you through the hard times look to God for strenghth and he will provide it. as bad as life may seem, you can always find somebody in worse shape than you, although your situation is pretty tough. i will say a prayer for you!

Annie56
Rating
I think many of us have faced these problems or similar ones. I would say, yes you are depressed. But some of it is your own fault. I mean no harm by saying this. You have not dealt with your problems head on. Right now you are feeling sorry for yourself and looking to place blame for everything that has happened to. No one is to blame and yet, everyone is to blame. Your husband's drunken state is a problem that he has to change. You can't change that. Your son's diability can not be changed but, it can be altered for a greater good. Why you lost your job, I don't know and right now does not matter. What you need is a job that offers you better security. As for your marriage, you and your husband need to deal with. You need to recommittee for your own well being as well as your child's well being. Go to church and get a church family. You can find great friends there. Do not be judgemental, take what God sends you. Through the church you can get mental health care. If they can't provide the service and if they are worth their salt they will know where to send you for help with dealing with your depression and how to get out of the hole you have sunken into. Do not be afraid or feel crazy. You have the normal symptoms of depression and understandably so. Deal with it now. Help yourself. Keep calling numbers, keep asking for help. Do whatever you have to do. God wants you to be happy. But , He wants you to have the right kind of happiness. Hope this helps. God be with you. Annie56

Victoria
Yes you should.. I know your going through a hard time but it will pass. You should say to yourself that I can not let my self down. If you don't say it to yourself every day you'll just fall back into a depression. I am serious. I just broke up with my boyfriend who said he loved me and yet he dumped me in a pit bowl. I cried for 20 minutes and got over it. Well not exactly. I am constantly thinking about him but I am not crying about him.

gina j
Rating
i get depressed too but since i have been on Zoloft for a year now i am doing great! talk to your Dr start off with the minimum and gradually go up no one needs to know not even my grown daughter knows i take anything!

ryuzaki
Rating
wow it sounds like you are going through a rough spot in your life, but NEVER lose hope and think this is the end of your rope. first, you shpould not worry that you cry on and off suring the day, this is a natural reaction to being upset/ depressed. you need an outlet and it sounds like most of yours are absent. that is not the only way to relax. you have to deal with one thing at a time. first, why dont you try talking to your husband about how you feel. communication is the key to saving any marriage. And your son is disabled, however, you are blessed to have a son, so cherish him, even the difficult times. as for your job, you just may have to wrok on your resume and apply to various places. everything happend for a reason. your husband being his "drunken self" may want to seek AA help to also assist your marriage and family life as well... i want to wish you luck and say not to foget how strong you are. and no matter what, you are NOT alone.

bry7josh
Crying is good, it releases stress, but maybe you need to see your doctor and ask him if he thinks you need to see a therapist or maybe get on some low dose meds. Hang in there, stay strong as you can, keep your chin up as much as possible. But go see the doctor he can only help. Good luck! hugs! Von

Radio
Do something that can make you active and happy. Why don't you have some exercises jogging. Or maybe some thing you are interested with like cooking etc.

Bewildered Wanderer
Rating
Depression is a state of mind. It could be worse. For example, if you were in Iraqi and your family was all murdered by soldiers and you were left severely disabled, you would think your current life is great. Be positive. Do you love your son? if so focus on that love. Focus on good things. Whenever a bad thing comes into mind, force it out, and think of something good.

Also, extreme exercise will help balance out the neurochemicals/hormones in the brain that lead to depression. If you don't have time, there are breathing techniques you can do that also help. Look them up on the web.

cinder121
Rating
Are you having suicidal thoughts? Are you lying in bed all day unable to move?

If not then you are not clinically depressed. With that said, I would advise for you to seek help. Not for depression but for relationship assistance. Talk to a therapist and see if they recommend a group like Co-dependents Anonymous. I wish you luck to find help.

Pookie's mom
Rating
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can;and wisdom to know the difference. Living one day at a time; Enjoying one moment at a time; Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace; Taking, as He did, this sinful world.as it is, not as I would have it; Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will;That I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with Him Forever in the next.Amen.

Josh K
Yes, and I've been there. I recommend getting help, therapy works. It is perfectly human. Stay strong.

trish
maybe i Dr. should answer

Mike M.
Yes, it does sound to me as though you're depressed. What I strongly urge you to do is seek psyciatric counseling from a mental health professional. You will be in my prayers, Good Luck.

VT
Rating
Well, it sounds like you have enough to be depressed about. If I were you, I would see my doctor tomorrow. I don't have any of the troubles you have and I still find myself feeling depressed at times. I think it can also come with getting a little older. 30's or 40's. I would definately see my doctor and I know he/she will be able to give you something to make you feel better.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.104
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy