Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

Could I have diabetes?
For the past week my breath has been smelling really bad, like sour and morning breath and it lasts the whole day. I noticed that it's really bad when I drink a sugary drink like soda or slurpee....

Could I be Diabetic?
I have lost 35-40 pds without trying....I eat all day long- always hungry..... But don't gain any weight. I can't gain weight no matter what I eat. I am in chronic pain due to back & ...

Diabetics: Have you ever been put on a medication that could 'possibly' inpact your blood sugar...?
but the doctor said it was unlikely? I was recently put on a topical steroid for a skin allergy and everyone assured me that I would be 'fine.' After a fasting BG of 203 yesterday and a ...

What are some thoughtful Christmas gift ideas for a young girl just diagnosed with diabetes?
I mean cookies and candy are definitely out. And I am just trying to find ways to make the holidays fun without all the focus on food....

Diabetes...plz help...im desperate.?
no one in my family had diabetes except for my grandmother...there are more than 10 cousins, more than 5 aunts, more than 5 uncles and etc. only my grandmas has it...and i drink alot of soda. i also ...

I been diabetic for 9 yrs and i am insulin dependent i need help control it better?

I need a list of slow-acting carbs for my diabetic diet can someone help?

My friend has just been diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes, recipe ideas/websites please?
My friend has just found out she has type 2 diabetes, she is 60 years old and is really struggling with what what to eat and what not to eat. She has all of the literature from the docs but this ...

What happens if your blood sugar goes to high?

Diabetes questions PRONTO!!! NEED HELP!!!?
WHAT causes diabetes because some ppl say that is just a myth. plz give me a good answer and will this cause diabetes... drinking 3 cans of soda everyday> well almost everyday like 1-3 cans a day.....

Have you seen type I diabetics often enraged when their sugar is high?
I am just lost. I don't know how to react to my friend who is type I Diabetic. It's as though he is 2 different people, one a regular guy and the other an enraged beast who wants to mow me ...

What can cause a coma?
Well I know what causes a coma but can a coma be caused by any of these?

Loss of blood,
Pain,
Fainting,
Child birth, or
Passing out?...

Thanku 1 and all regarding smoking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

What would be a good holiday treat to cook for a diabetic person?
I'm trying to find something that I could make that a diabetic relative can eat during their visit with family around Christmas time....

Diabetes medication?
Can diabetics in the uk
get free prescriptions ?...

What is the average death age for diabetics with type 1?
I was just wondering, haha. Because I saw a previous question, but a bit different, and this question came to mind. I personally am a diabetic type 1, and have heard that it can lower your lifetime ...

Is it okey for a diabetic to smoke?

If you have a family member with diabetes, how can you come with it knowing they have a virus from food?
Diabetes runs in my family for odd reasons! And a few months ago my Uncle had been diagnosed with diabetes. All this time it made it harder for me to be around him. Any Advice on how I can cope?...

Can a person die if they are injected with a lot of insulin?

Additional Details
much do they have to get injected with to die right away?...

Can blood sugar levels change a lot in less than a minute?
I am type 2 and I try controlling my blood sugar level with diet and weight loss. I use a freestyle flash meter and I check it morning and night but last night I checked it and it was a whopping 234 ...

STAR W
Is a blood sugar reading of 11 too high for a 2 year old and an 8 year old? what is the normal range ?

Additional Details
In Canada we mostly go by mmol, so it would be about 198 the other way. 11 is not almost dead here lol.

coffeecup
Rating
11 is deadly. Im diabetic. My doc is happy if I keep it 140 or lower.

x
You have two diabetic kids? Holy crap, good luck to you. One is tough enough.

‚ô• Lisa‚ô•
198 seems high ..

i would contact their doctor, have them do blood work, just to be safe ..their your babies take care of them and make sure to limit candy and soda's high in sugars

Sith Lord
Sounds too low. I think the average reading is 110 +-. I live with a diabetic. she is 42, a blood sugar of 11 and she'd be dead quick.

special
yes its too high. we dont like for it to go over 130 here

masaouda
Is this figure fasting? Make sure their finger is free from alcohol prior to the finger stick. Actually do not use alcohol at all. A clean dry hand after being washed with soap and water will be best. Alcohol will alter the reading, usually making it higher. Hopefully this is your case. If not, education and commitment at an early age will make their life much easier. I'll never forget the day my husband offered a piece of candy to a three year old acquaintance of ours, not knowing he was diabetic, he replied no thanks, I'm diabetic. Good luck to you and your family.

CindySue
Rating
yes!!!! That is way too high!

Call your doc ASAP and have them checked.

Paige
Rating
OK...that scared me!
that is a little high,it should be around 100-150
good luck!!!

Jamyle
Rating
Did you do their blood sugar levels or did a Doctor?

If you did them, wash their hands, dry them and do them again as 11mmol/L is way too high for any child and high for a diabetic. They should be around 4-5mmol/L unless they've just eaten a bag of sugar in one sitting!

bikkerbabeee
Rating
if your talking about american ranges that would be almost dead.. too low not too high. blood sugar range in the us should be from aout 80-120. i know that eruope has a different measure system that is in metric but i do not know much about it.. talk to a doctor dont ask health questions here.. too many game players.

ThoughtSmith
On a world-wide, standard-case scale, a human's blood stream should consist of roughly 10% glucose (or a bgl of 100). But this is if everyone were the same - it's a much better idea to talk to an endochronologist with a familiarty with your children's medical history. Best of luck! (I too am a diabetic.)

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.124
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, July 24, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy