Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

Can diadetes person drink alcohol?

My diabetic sister is always sleeping....?
my 18 yr. old sis is diabetic and she is not on any medication (expect for insulin injections). For this whole past year she has only been sleeping. she sleeps SO MUCH during the day and sleeps the ...

Can allergy medication interfer with insulin effectiveness?
I take a prescription for allergies everyday and my sugar levels as a diabetic seem to be elevating? Could it be the allergy medication doing this?...

Can I donate blood?
I had a blood transfusion in 1993...

Can I get a diagnosise myself by simply measuring my own blood sugar several times a day?
If its normal on mult readings fasting and non??...

What are the side effectsof metformin?
I am taking the medication metformin. what are the side ...

If aspartame is so bad, then we does virtually every brand of sugar free gum contain it?
What gum has no sugar and no aspartame in it? I like chewing gum, but I am scared of what might happen to me?...

I have type 2 diabetes and my teeths are falling out Why/?
I have type 2 diabetes and my teeth are falling out why?...

Insulin pump vs. injections??

Is diabetes reversible?
Type 2
Additional Details
Thank you all so much for all your great answers!...

Could I Be Diabetic?
i'm a 14 year old girl. for the past few months i've had extreme fatigue, been very irritable, been thirsty a lot, been tired and exhausted, and every once and a while, my vision goes a ...

Is it possable I may have diabeties as I seem to have most symtoms but not the thirst?

Additional Details
I have dry mouth,numbess in hands, pins n needles, face rash that comes and go's every few days tryed everything to stop ...

Is gatorade ok to take for someone who is 80, any danger in the blood sugar level?

I am diabetic and maybe I am just dense, but dosen't powdered sugar have too much sugar?
I am trying to find like a good basic cake icing recipe that is sugar free, but all I have seen or the same as the ones I have made when I took a cake decorating class. They all require 1 to 2 lbs ...

Type 2 diabetes?
treatment, medication and diet for type 2 ...

Do any of you diabetics who are on insulin have severe pain issues?

Why do people cheat on their diabetic medication?
A recent study has found that 75% of diabetics cheat on their diabetic medication. Why would they do that? Isn't it dangerous?...

I have type 1 diabetes and was just wondering what kind of low carb/low sugar foods there are to eat?

Is "Redbull" sugar free ok for diabetics to drink?

What are the airline regulations for traveling with insulin and needles for diabetes?
I'm flying to Mexico next ...

*~♣Sumomo♣~*
Can Diabetics donate organs?
I know they can't donate blood, but can they donate their organs?

spoiled4alifetime
Rating
My mom is a diabetic and when she was at the dr she had asked. They told her that she can't because diabeties affect different peoples bodies in different ways. so no one knows if the organ would help or harm someone. I hope this helps you.

x
I'll donate my pancreas.

Beth
Rating
Yes you can donate your organs & your blood. I donate my blood all the time.

Newlungs2004
Yes, diabetics can donate organs if you consider that there are many uses for parts of the body that are not the major organs such as the heart and lungs. For example, there is a part of the eye that can be used to repair damaged or torn eardrums. They can also use the various tissues, bones, cartilage, skin, etc. Some of the uses are more temporary, such as helping burn victims recover, while others are actually used for long term transplants.

Just be sure to complete the organ donor card AND ensure that all immediate family members are aware of the person's wishes. If the family will not consent to organ donation then the doctors/hospitals cannot fulfill the person's wishes even though they are otherwise recorded.

http://www.donatelife.net/ is a link that has specific information regarding organ donation by state as well as how to become a donor and other related information.

Thank you for considering organ donation.

Doris D
NO, for the same reason you cannot donate blood.

Bettie
I've always planned on selling my pancreas on the black market...no one has to know it doesn't work!

But seriously, since they drain the blood out of the organs before they implant them in someone else, as long as the organ is not damaged as a result of the diabetes, I wouldn't see why it would be a problem.

Gent Of Style
Yes. Even if they can't use the organs for transplant purposes they can use them for research.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, September 1, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy