Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

Could I have a little sympathy please?
I've just fallen over in the garden and my knees hurt - owwww! No one here to sympathise, so I call on you out there in yahoo land. Ow again! (I hasten to add, I don't need first aid, just ...

My husband stepped on a rusted nail today, what Antibiotics are good for infection?
My husband fell off a ladder and landed on a rusted nail. The nail went through his shoe, in the ball of his foot and went in pretty deep, he thinks it hit the bone in his big toe or maybe a tendon. H...

Where is the oddist place u have been biten?
i have been biten on my chest it hurts i have put cream on it but it ...

I think my 2 month old pitbull leg is fractured, What do I do?

What should you do if you had an ingrown toenail?
i have had an ingrown toenail for about a week and it didnt start hurting until this morning when i woke up. what should i do 2 get rid of it or itleast make it stop hurting bcuz i have softball ...

Does pee cure a black eye?

How can I make bruising disapear quicker - I have a black eye!!! :-(?

Additional Details
I had a little clubbing incident for all of you that want to know!!! Thanks for the help by the way!!!...

What is your belly button?
I know your belly button is where the umbilical cord broke off, but what is the point of it? Can it be surgically removed without harm? Why are people so squeemish about them? Just for fun!...

Swollen newly peirced ears?
i had my ears peirced 3 weeks ago, 2 on my ear lobes and one at the top. a few days after getting them done the left bottom one swelled up. went down, with some extra cleaning and was no problem. ...

I have had water in my ear for 2 days?
will it come out by itself or will i need to go to doctor

can it do any lasting damage if i don't go to the ...

Help my dad might die?
my dad was riding his bike and sopemone backed out and hit him and he has to go to the emer room my mom just called to say i have to give the dog food and stuff and please tell me somethign i can do ...

I have cutting scars on my arm, and they are too noticable...?
I've stopped cutting and now regret that I ever did so much.
I really want the scars to fade but they wont I have about 6 of the most noticable scars on ym arm. Thats wht ppl see instead of ...

My Hand hurts, should I go to the ER?
I have a really sore, swollen and kind of bruised hand. Parts are black and blue.

It hurts to move so badly that i have resorted to just sitting and crying. It functions properly, so my ...

He's killing himself HELP!!!?
my best friend has a bloodclot on the bottom of his back. It hurts him so bad that all he does is sleep. Now is exspelled from school. I told him all he's doing is making it stronger by staying ...

Does it hurt worse to be stung by a jellyfish or a wasp?

Additional Details
I'm not talking irakundji (the deadly jellyfish), but I mean the sting in general, size of the sting being proportionate....

I this is weried but in surgery do the let you wear underwear?

Do I need a tetnus shot? drill bit injury...?
Okay, nice one -- I was drilling a hole and the drill bit wasn't in tight, the bit went at an angle into my finger. Traumatic, lots of blood and quite a hole, but I didn't hit bone, it ...

I cut myself for the first time...?
I did it for the first time ever today...and when i did it, i blacked out. I dont remember anything except looking at my bloody wrist...im scarred because i dont want to do it again....

Ouch! right between the legs!?
we had a big game of basketball today after school. I went for a pass and hit another girl from the other team right in the face causing her to tumble over. I came over and stood above her to see if ...

What's wrong with me..?
I was sitting on my couch, and began to walk across the room. All the sudden, I blacked out.. I grabbed the entertainment center, and next thing I knew I was laying on the floor.. my hands were ...

Stopandthink!
When you get a cut, what do you do to make it heal?
A regular cut takes a very long time to heal completely. What should I do? I want it to heal fast. And yes i do eat a lot of fruit so i have enough vitamins.
When my hamster bit me 2 weeks ago, i still have the cut, its not healed completely yet, Its not rly a "cut" but what should i do?

tammie t
Rating
well if were me ive would have killed the little rodent but any way pour ox ide

Professor Chaos
Rub some dirt on it. No not really, jk.

~~~Bethany~~~
You need to go to the doctor, you might have a clotting problem. Go...Go tommorrow morning!

kelc couture ♥
Rating
u have rabies.... umm put peroxide on it

Tinker1705
Rating
Neosporin! as far as healing goes you may not have enough iron in your body, look into it.

SweetElf
Rating
keep it clean... use neosporin and peroxide and no bandaid if you can do that without getting it all germy....

:)

jerry
Rating
The body heals itself. Only thing you can do is make sure it doesn't get infected. Use some kind of antibiotic. You should visit your doctor for an animal bite. Just to be on the safe side.

Britta Britta
Put some Neosporin on it.

francisco
Rating
Buy vitamin E liquid gel pills and break theme and rub the liquid with your index finger at the cut. This vitamin E helps the cut heal faster and wont leave a nasty scar.

Aaron
Put some neosporin on it

shihtzugirl
if it is infected try soaking it is a salt water mixture, then pat it dry and apply some antibiotic ointment and put a band aide on it. Repeat this 3 x a day.
Animal bites can be dangerous and get bad fast, so be careful.
Good luck..... and don't let him bite you no more!! Maybe want to think about a new pet!!

sdc
clean it - use neosporin

hell no
Rating
neosperin, i think thats what its called...
and it prevents scars

debbie_75052
Clean the cut everyday with a little hydrogen peroxide and rub some Neosporin on it everyday. It should help heal the cut soon.

Ash
You should clean the cut and keep putting neosporin or other creams to disinfect the cut. dont pick at it also it will Make it worse.

willy444
Use Neosporin cream on it!

aattura
1- Kiss the Boo Boo.

2- Animal bites introduce germs. Did you wash the cut when he bit you?

3- I hear that taking a little extra Vitamin C helps heal cuts.

giggles
Rating
When I first get the cut I use peroxide to clean it out then triple antibiotic ointment with a bandaid. Keep a clean bandage and ointment on all the time until the skin has regrown. If you are more worried about the new soft pink skin then you can apply vitamin E oil on it. I have been told this is recommended to patients who have had surgery and will have a nasty scar because it helps to keep the skin healthy.

Hurley Studd
Neosporine. It's like God in a tube.

Yuka Mocha
rinse it good~

i,m here if you need to talk.
Rating
to things one is put sugar on it or use polysporin. ointment.

blakesmommie
Rating
band aids and tripple antibiotic cream!!!

lovelykay_17
Rating
dont put a band aid on it...i do that sometimes and it takes 4 eva to heal cuz i dont let it dry out....it will get betta tho.

loves2sing
Yep. Neosporin is the best if you can cover it with a Band-aid. But if you can't, use Liquid Skin or a similar product. It disinfects, then creates a clear barrier to protect the cut from dirt and germs. If it is still a bit open it might sting, but it will heal much faster!

Ben11
is ur hamster clean? try not to expose d 'cut' especially if it's a wound... apply some antibiotic or medical 'alcohol' to kill the germs or clean d area... then use a plaster... remember no gardening and swimming because your wound may get infected... if u r really worried, you should see a docter

Agent319.007
Hydrogen peroxide will kill the infection.
Apply neosporin afterwards and stop picking at it.

carolyn
Rating
I always put the gel inside the 'stalk' of the aloe vera plant on the wound. Honey is also meant to be a very good healer. There's also salt of course....

Sassy Shut Your Mouth
Witch Hazel is the best thing to use for insect bites and cuts

just me
Triple antibiotic ointment...works great...

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy