Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

How do you cure a slipped disc?

What's the silliest injury, you've ever had?

Is my toe broken?
A few hours ago I was running and jammed my little toe on my left foot into a metal leg of a high chair. It hurt pretty bad, and was rather swollen. I taped it and even now I cannot put much pressure ...

Big nose >.<?
i'm not getting plastic surgery.
that's out of the question.
i'm 13.
and plus i dont want everybody in school being like "omg she got a nose job"
so yeah. ...

Do your hands shake just a little bit on their own?

My baby has an eye cold?
my 2 month old baby has what i'd call an eye cold. his eye keeps gooing up with sleep. he's going to the dr. tommorow but i was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and what ...

Could one lose a limb because of cutting blood circulation while sleeping?
I always have a problem of waking up to a numd arm after sleeping on it for a long time. It got worse and scary when i woke up once an fell because my leg was too numb to support me. I do not know if ...

Did my prescription go bad?
I have a few painkillers (vicodin) leftover from shoulder surgery a few years ago. The pills are almost three years old. I am traveling to Australia next month and am a terrible flyer. The last time I...

I got a hickie on my lip! how do i make it go away?please help?

What should you put on a cut to make it heal quickly?

Swelling tips?
my eye has swollen pretty badly.

Are there any other ways to make the swelling go down besides ice?...

How do you get rid of a black eye quickly?

Funny story.Slammed finger,now its black...and hurts bad.anything i can do?
So yesterday morning someone was telling me i looked really smart in my outfit i was wearing. As i was thanking them and trying to look good for someone cute next to me, I slammed my locker shut.on ...

How reliable are MRI tests?
Is an MRI capable of missing something in the body where systemic pain is felt in the back and leg area?...

Vitamin E oil?
My daughter got bit in the face by a dog 2 weeks ago today. She had almost 30 stiches. The stiches came out last week. It is closed and I am putting bacetracin on it to keep it moist. The plastic ...

Is there any way to tell if you broke your toe?
Just ...

Can eardrums be replaced?
when one of my friends was cleaning her ears,she saw that she had a lot of ear wax in the deeper part of her ear,it was seen by looking at the amount of wax on the ear bud,she decided to push further ...

Bruising...Does anybody know how to heal bruises quickly?
Can anybody tell me of any products that promote quick healing of bruises?
Thanks....

When I power walk I get Shin Splints, what is causing them?
How can I prevent them?...

Neck injury out of nowhere? Please help??
I have school in one hour and have to decide quickly whether or not I'm going to school.

Here's the problem. I missed yesterday's classes because of a very stiff, sore neck ...

Jacquie
When if I get a tattoo and took some vicodin...?
would that be bad? I have a prescription for vicodin so I wouldn't be doing anything illegal. But I was just wondering if the vicodin would decrease the pain. I am terrified of needles and have a low tolerance for pain, but i really have been wanting a tattoo since high school, (i am now 20 yrs. old) but I've chickened out EVERY time. The tattoo is something for my mom, she passed away 3 yrs. ago, so it's something the means a lot to me. So is the vicodin thing a bad idea? even if it was a half of one?
Thanx ahead of time

susana311a
Rating
You'll be fine. You'll just bleed a little more than usual.
Good luck

S P
Rating
Any good artist will not do a tattoo on anyone that is on something. I know it is illegal to do it on someone that is high or drunk.

rtinsley30
I don't see why you couldn't take a pain pill, I'm sure you wouldn't be the first. The pain of getting a tattoo really depends on where you are getting it, I got one on my ankle and it hurt, and got one on my lower back and it hurt, but got one on my arm and there was no pain involved. You could either take it before you get it, or wait until after, because later n is when it hurts the worse, and why wouldn't it the skin has been irritated. You probably need more of a nerve to pill, then a pain pill. Good Luck?

lauren
Rating
bad idea it thins out your blood which makes the tattoo bleed alot, go for advil AFTER, if you can't handle the pain your not ready.

rose j
Rating
Please you can't mask fear by taking a pain pill lets get real your afraid not in pain try some relaxtion techiques Breath deep for ten minutes a think of somewhere nice or a calm pkace that might help

Heidi B
Rating
Vicodin usually makes me sick so I wouldn't suggest it. The artist will ask you if you are under the influence of any drugs or alcohol and if he knows you took a vicodin he might not do the tattoo. They don't hurt that bad, just take a friend with you so you have someone to talk to so you can take your mind off of it. I took my cousins wife with me when I went to get a tattoo for my grandpa that died and the tattoo took over 4 hours and even though it hurt at least me and her were able to talk and distract me.

axlrose
Rating
well no pain no gain. if you really love your mom you would scacrice for the pain like the way she brought you out to this world.

tulla
Well it was prescribed for you for pain and you are anticipating pain. The vicodin will decrease the pain a little but I have never had a tattoo so I can't tell you how much. I guess you could call it preventative measures to avoid pain. LOL. It won't hurt you to take it but i have heard people talk about getting tattoos and they say that their natural endorphins kick in; you have these natural endorphins in your body that kick in when you are in pain and they are similar to the effects of morphine. So they say that they actually get a natural high when getting a tattoo. Again, its up to you. If you know that you are going to soon be in pain then I think you will be fine to take the prescribed dose. Hope it goes well for you.

By the way, tylenol, which is an ingredient in vicodin, does not thin your blood ,asprin does.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, August 29, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy