Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

I got Burned on my arm?
I gor Burned on my arm at this mexican place and the plate was hot i was grabing my drink and my arm touch it so how can i treat the burned?
Additional Details
I use ...

I've got 24 bruises on my legs but don't no how I got them! They don't hurt........?? :S?

Additional Details
No smudge, I wasn't drunk, i'm only 13! :P...

I hurt my leg 6 months ago and and it still hurts. There's a GAP in my leg where muscle used to be.?
I give up. I tried everything. I went to a doctor and she told me to take 4 asprins a day for a week...nothing. I then went to physical therapy...nothing. But then I started walking on my own about 4 ...

Can I claim personal injury compensation in case of broken leg while doing Motocross experience race?
I've broken my leg on 21st Aug while falling off the motocross bike on a muddy and slippery track. Nobody's fault, purely loosing control when landing after the jump. as far as I'm ...

My boyfriend just came in my eye WHAT DO I DO???
Help it hurts and it is all red and i look like Quazimoto. not kidding. What do I do?...

Have you ever had a very serious injury?
have you ver had a really serius injury? please tell me? please tell full story of wat happened? what bone did you break? did you even break a bone? did you go too the hospital?

just ...

How long will it take for my toenail to grow back?
Okay, so heres the thing... I was playing soccer and some obese girl stomped on my foot. It hurt really bad, when I got home I took off all my stuff and my toe really hurt. In the next few days my ...

Have you ever rode in a ambulance? If so for what?
I have a couple of times one last year when I flipped backwards over my pool trying to catch a ball and wacked my head on a rock and fence. It was a 4 foot fall. I remeber when I was in the ambulance ...

Who cuts rings off your finger when they become too tight?

I tore my ankle ligiments 6 months ago and im still in pain what should i do?

Is my ankle broken?
it is swoolen and is very painful to the touch!!! help ...

Colar Bone Break??
how long does it take for a Colar Bone to heal after being broken?...

After sustaining a herniated disc in the lower back, how long does it take for pain to radiate down the leg?
I have 2 herniated discs in my back (L5/S1, L4). I've been injured w/o specific treatment for the discs for a year. It took 3 1/2 months for pain to go from my back to my leg (w/glute and hip ...

How do you know?
How do you know when a puncture wound is getting infected? Be specific......

Is there a difference between a "fractured bone" and a "broken bone"? Or can they be used synonymously?
Please list reference... Thanks a bunch....

Has anyone ever been to a&e; and then felt better?
i did it earlier after smashing into a tree on a swing!..i was sure i'd smashed my pelvis and had done internal damage but apparently i've just bruised it!!i feel like i wasted everyones ...

How can i break my ankel??
ok i kinnda told everyone i broke my ankel so i need to brakeit quick!! plz help

p.s i cant find any hammers
Additional Details
ik what ur saying but i need to brake it just ...

How do i know if my finger is broken?
playing tackle football i hurt my pinky finger at some point.. it's very uncomfortable and is turning a little black near the nail... doesn't hurt if i don't move it only when i try to ...

Please help i need to know this very soooooooon?
I need to know if your stomach is as big as your fist??...

Am i ok - i was running for the bus........?
my ankle twisted and i fell now it hurts to walk and i cant bend my foot backward. not that i cant move my foot where it's connected to my ankle but i can't curl my foot backward. i'm ...

Fashionista ♥
What should I do about my big toe nail?
While on vacation I accidently let the weel of my suitcase hit my toe while I was trying to pick it up. It already being very week because i've stubbed my toe lots of times pretty bad, my nail got pulled back. So now about three days later, it's still attatched just to the root. It stings a bit but nothing unbarrable. I'm afraid to pull the whole nail of because it hurts pretty bad. what should I do?

The Big Dog :)
If the underside of the nail is completely separated from the nail bed, taping it down will not cause the two to reattach. Some warm Epsom salt soaks will be antiseptic for the nail bed, toughen up the nailbed, and possibly soften the nail. You can get some toenail clippers and slowly clip it down to its line of fracture. Do not just pull it, you could impair its ability to regrow. If this all sounds like more than you and a friend or family member wish to take on, let a doctor take care of it.

JW.C
Go to the doctor and they will help you with it. A nice shot for the pain and then they will remove the nail and clean it up. The good news is that you will get a few pain pills that should help you get past the pain while it heals up.

jay
1. you could bite down on something and pull it off yourself
2. bit down on something and have someone else pull it off
3. go to the doctor and have them pull/cut it off
4. tape it down and ope fr the best, but expect the worst (and I dont mean ganggreen cause I think that would be the worst case {hope you dont smell almonds :P})
5. not really sure whatelse there is to do, but if it comes off it might feel better after the pain of it coming off goes away.

good luck

davelennv
Rating
Go ahead and pull it off. You will be fine. When I was a kid I dropped a bottle of soda on mine and it came off about a week later. I just pulled it off and I was fine.

wisma29

seek medical help

trurolla_05
Rating
Use a bandaid or a piece of medical tape to secure the nail to the bed. If it's still attached the the root you don't want to pull it out as you injure the matrix(where the nail grows from.) If you can go see a doctor, they can remove the nail and suture it back in place so that it grows back intact.

pink_lioness1
I say keep a bandaid on your toe to keep the nail on, you have alot of nerve endings under there that will hurt really bad by removing the nail. Plus if you are prone to stubbing your toes alot, think about how bad that would hurt with no nail protecting the delicate tissue. OUCH!! Best thing to do would be to see a doctor, you may get an infected toe as well and to be sure that the entire root isn't falling off or your toe nail might not grow back.

El Teke
As a life long ingrown toenail sufferer, I feel your pain. I know different thing etc. etc. Your nail will fall off by itself. I don't see any harm in you helping it a little by pulling it off yourself but be careful. Just to be on the safe side, I'd go see a podiatrist. It might cost you a little but whatever you spend would be worth it. You could avoid any sort of complication or avoid the risk of contracting any type of airborne fungus. I mean why run the risk of growing a deformed toenail that wont allow you to wear sandals?

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, March 24, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy