Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :
   Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

 How do you know if you broke your toe?
Yesterday when i was getting up from the computer chair I hit my big toe on the monitor

and it hurt like heck. but it went away.
then when I walked it started hurting. and If i like ...

 Bleeding from my bottom?
hi i when to the toilet about 20 minutes ago and when for a poo was a bit tight but still come out then i could feel more coming out but was hurting a bit so i wiped my bottom and there was blood on ...

 How should i treat a giant raised scar on my kneecap?
I have a giant scare I got from a laceration 3 months ago. It sticks out quite a bit. Should I treat it or should I leave it alone. Will it ever go away?...

 I need help with a big problem!?
I accidently stabbed my uncle in the eye while we were outside next to our cattle. We live in a farm and it's just me and him. There is some stuff coming out of his eye and I'm too scared ...

 Yesterday for about 30 minutes, I lost a lot of my peripheral vision from my left eye.?
After 30 minutes, my peripheral vision came back, but with a splitting headache that is still assaulting me. I've taken motrin for it, but I've never had this happen before and it is very ...

 If you don't have any family and you have a serious car accident/health crisis, what are your options?

Additional Details
Worst case scenario--say you need months of rehab, lose your job, get evicted and are all alone in the world?...

 Anyone else ever injured their tailbone?
I injured mine while go karting. Someone slammed into me which jolted me in the seat. I didn't totally feel it at the time, it wasn't until later when I sat down, then tried to stand back ...

 When i try to stand up straight, or lay on my back I cant because of intense pain in my buttock and lower back
anybody have a similar problem? Is it a herniated disc? Something else? please help. i cant even walk upright- i have to walk hunched over....

 What do you do when you smash your finger???
I smashed my finger in a car door today and i tried pain relivers and ice, neither worked im in horrible pain what should i do?...

 Muscle spasms in lower back??
My husband pulled a muscle in his back today (just twisted wrong while picking something up - about 5lbs, not heavy!)
That happened this afternoon around 1pm, he then went to bed (he works ...

 How do I Heal A Deep Cut??
I got a bad cut...one time thing....i just need help fixing it, it didnt bleed alot but i can see right into it! I really dont know what to do, i cleaned it and put a bandage on but that was ...

 I need a broken leg plz help?
don't even waste ur time telling me I'm crazy and crap!
if u do i will come after u!
just tell me how i can break an ankle or knee?
and get crutches!
i need this help!<...

 Is this sanitary?
My boyfriend and his friend were playing with knives when they were high/drunk (he didn't really explain it he just told me never drink or smoke) and his friend stabbed him on accident and he ...

 Right now my chin is bleeding. What should I do ? ***PLEASE REPLY IMMEDIATLY :( ***?
Forgetting I had the scissors in my hand I just put my head on my hand and now the is blood dripping all over my clothes , I dont have any plasters. I am pressing a Tea Towel over the cut and the ...

 I am in desperate need of breaking an ankle. its just because i want the crutches!! ?
NO ANSWERS TELLING ME I SHOULDNT CUZ I AM......realistic answers plzz thx

 Cracked or bruised ribs? please help?...?
about an hour ago i fell into a long and rather deep hole in the road, i landed on the side of my left arm and ribs, theres some small swelling but it is really painful to move my upperbody, laugh or ...

 Torn knee cartilage, still in pain?
I tore the cartilage in my left knee about 5 months ago and after 5 months of quad exercises (physio recommended) but I can't see or feel any healing I still get a lot of weakness and aching ...

 Is this serious? I can't feel my toes after wearing extremely high heels 2 nights in a row....?
They were very high heels....but my toes don't actually hurt...they are numb, like when you get a dead arm after cutting off the circulation.......Is it temporary nerve damage? Or circulatory ...

 Does anyone know any places on the body that can be hit causing someone to black out?
I said "black out", I do not want to kill anyone. I just want to be able to protect myself....

 Help bruise?
About 3-4 wks ago i fell over in my kitchen on to a concreate floor and landed on my knee. Ive still got a big purple bruise on top of a egg shape lump jst below my knee.

My mum thinks i ...

just the answer
What kind of doctor should i go to for arm pain??
my dad's arm has been hurting for two weeks now. the other day my mom squeezed it accidentally, he was in pain real bad. but then he was alright. So what kind of doctor should i go to? i don't want to go to my family doctor. because all he does is that he refers us to someone and waste our momey. Please help me.
Additional Details
he does lot of work with his right arm, like vacuming,garbage, writing,lifting stuff and other stuff, daily. he is also diabetic

lady d
there is no such thing as an arm dr.unfortunately your family dr is the best choice .tell him you don't want to be refered to another dr.(you may want to think about changing primary dr)

he can see an ortho (bone) doctor. he will do some testing. or he can see an internal md. either can order the appropriate test.

Joan J
I would suggest an Internist or an Orthopedic Specialist, have it checked out soon.

well you have to go to your family doctor because you will need a referal to see any kind of specialist..thanks how it works...he might just have pulled a muscle or strained it and your family doctor can prescribe a anti-inflammatory to ease the pain. Good luck to your dad.

You always start off with your family doctor. If he or she can not help, your doctor will know which direction to send you in. I am sure there will be some xrays in there somewhere

Avoid any armatures use only experienced doctors.
However you will find it will cost you an arm and a leg.

I would suggest going to either a general practicioner. They will most likely examine the arm and recommend a specialist, which will most likely be an orthopedist. Most likely, your father will have to get either MRI if the doctor doesn't believe it is a broken bone, because in most cases sharp pains that don't persist for long can be explained by either a hyperextended ligament or tendon, or an enflamed muscle or joint.

Your Dad has to go to his doctor first. And if his doctor is worth the money he is paid for, will send him for an X-ray- better yet for an MRI. There is a long waiting time but it's better to put his name on the list than waiting for nothing. The MRI result will have a clear picture of what's wrong with his arm. My guess is he may have a herniated disc just around the top three layer part of his neck. That's why the pain is reverberating to his arm. Anyway, I'm not a doctor but I'm speaking from experience.
If his doctor insists on telling him otherwise, ask your Dad to demand a referral for an MRI and NOT leave until he gets one. That is his right!
Take and Good Luck!

michael j
I am an acupuncturist in Fort Collins, CO and see this kind of thing all the time. If you are looking for a Western opinion on this , a neurologist or orthopedist are going to be your best bet. Oftentimes in cases like this there is alot of overlap between the two so either one should be helpful. Good Luck.

an arm doctor

 Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, February 10, 2016
Terms of use - Privacy Policy