Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

Finger help!?
This Friday, I had got my right middle and ring fingers caught in the part of the garage door that bends, I got it treated immeadeatly, but I still have little little purple-ish pink marks on my ...

My bruise doesn't hurt!!!?
I have a bruise on the very bottom of my thumb and it doesn't hurt at all! I touch it and even rub it but it doesn't hurt. And yes it's a bruise because it's purple....

Whats wrong with me??sick?
jan 2nd my throat started acting up, it only hurt on my left side to swallow. i managed the pain and would spray cepacol and take ibuprofen then i would feel better.got but on jan 4th it got worse. ...

I have a small burn on my leg from a motorbike exhaust pipe which has now blistered.should i pop the blister ?

Red Srcatches on my husband's back. He said he got those from working out or he cheated on me? Please help!
Hi,

This happened last night that I happened to see scratches on my husband's back (I did take 3 pictures of the scratches). The moment I saw those red scratches on his back, I was ...

Don't say I'm stupid........?
because I really want to break my arm! I've got a perfectly good reason to but I can't say why!!! Could someone please give me an idea?!!...

How come people don't type the full word?
What I mean is; people using the shortcuts of words/phrases. For example, u, lol, ppl any1, r etc. I just want to know why people are lazy when they type.
Additional Details
I put it in ...

Oh my God, I'm in my office. Someone just walked in with a gun and shot Ms. Stephenson the recptionist?
OH God what should I do, he's killing everyone OH GOD PLEASE HELP ME. I have a Beretta in my drawer. Should I risk going out there?
Additional Details
I killed him. I actually ...

How do you make it stop?
Oh my gosh!!! Seriously it is the most annoying thing ever. My eyes have been doing this thing for the past couple of months where they will randomly twitch.

What causes an eye to twitch? ...

How do i fake injury?
how do i fake a really really sore ankle or actually half break it. I need to know I NEED to get out of winter inter school sports. Because everyone always laughs at me. Oh and i want it to kind of ...

Help Me this is serious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
My knee has been hurting me for about three weeks now. I first noticed it when I was playing in a softball game and I slid into second base. The next day it hurt very bad. And every day it has been ...

How do I know if this is a paper cut?! NEED HELP FAST PLZ?
I cut myself on paper and it huuuuuuuuurts
WHAT DO I DO?! please ...

Where can i brake my arm?
I had a bet with my friend that whatever experiences he goes through, i do too. He broke his arm a month ago and now im thinking about honouring our deal. Any ...

VERY mysterious question! please help!?
I was with my friends one staurday night, way later in the
evening, say 11:00 pm - 2:00 am, and we were walking on the sand right on the beach. My friend was walking closest to the water, when ...

If i were to hit someone around the head with a melon would it hurt?

Ok ouch! i have a cut?
i got mad becuz i didnt wanna g2 skool in the morning, and my dad said i had to go
i started arguing
but it ended up with me getting really mad
and taking my hand and slamming it into ...

10 POINTS TO BEST AnSWER!!!?
ok i dont know what it is and I am not a doctor but you can hopefully help.
ok in december i really felt tired all the time and I had pain in my bones. I would sleep most of the day, however to ...

My gf says that only whimps go to the hospital, but I think I've broken my finger. What should I do?
She used a lot stronger word than "whimp".
Additional Details
It's starting to change color a bit....

Ive just had my legs amputated this afternoon and was wondering what to do with all my shoes. Any suggestions?

I smashed the tip of my finger with a hammer and now the nail is falling off. Will it grow back?
I was not born to be a carpenter....

tara deegan
What is the worst injury you have ever had and how did it happen??
and don't say a broken heart!

lilbro989
Rating
I got my finger cut off in a door......it grew back!

chav69
Rating
i fell 259 meters down off a building and broke my toe,auch

The Psychedelic Wardrobe Monster
Rating
I had my man bits mangled when I was a child on the back of a friends bike, I fell off the seat onto the wheel as we were going down hill and they were badly shredded between the wheel and the frame but have had a quite impressive reconstruction done.

pcrepair76
Rating
I broke my arm in 3 different places, some of the small bones in my wrist falling of a dirt bike.

Natalie
shattered leg (tibia/fibula), it had 8 fractures which are still healing. happened 5 months ago - i got hit by a car (hit and run). they kept me in hospital for 7 hours without pain killers, moving from one bed to another for tests before i finally got the first surgery. nobody cared that i screamed all the time (i didnt even know i can scream that loud), never cried.

Miss K
Rating
Broke ankle in three places, also dislocating it and tearing just about every ligament and tendon. I stepped off a porch that was five feet off the ground but had no railing. It was dark, so I assumed it was a few inches. The two worst parts of this: explaining it to other people; for several weeks I insisted it was an ice skating injury if anyone asked. And let's not forget seeing your foot facing the wrong direction. And pain. Let's not forget that.

The plus side: some boxwood hedges broke my fall and turned what could have been a crush injury into a mere multiple fracture. Also, I was wearing clogs rather than the boots I originally intended to wear, so they didn't have to cut my foot out of a perfectly good boot. And demerol. I'm not really a drug person, and I won't say that it was worth the injury, but still.

Ash
Fallingf 20 feet out of a tree directly onto my wrist, dislocating 2 bones and shattering what was left

And Falling on my ankle and then having to get it drilled into in surgery,,on crutches for 6 weeks

Tc..
The worst I remember is when I was 8 yrs old, standing on a wall about 3 ft high talking to friends in the garden, I fell off the wall, put my hand to my head and saw LOTS of blood! pure panic i ran home and in the back door, where there was a mirror on the wall, my whole face was soaking in blood it looked horrendous! I was scared stiff!

I'm 41 now and still have that scar, but the sheer fright of looking at myself in that mirror will stay with me forever, if you cut your forehead apparently is bleeds alot, they're not kidding when they say that!

I know is not a bad injury and I have been very lucky in my life, but the fear factor was way up there!

Kristy
Rating
Severed my left Achilles Tendon but strangely though it was the most severe that wasn't the one that hurt the most since the cut severed all the nerves and I barely felt a thing from shock. The pain finally hit me when the doctor stuck a 5" long needle up into the tendon itself. Yeah, THAT hurt!

How did it happen? I wish I had a better story... I was sitting on a folding table with some friends and the table collapsed. The metal edge of the table came down like a guillotine into the back of my ankle and severed the Achilles clean through. Always remember, tables are for glasses, not asses!!!

mickyg
Rating
My car slipped out of gear when I was opening our gate and ran over my leg. My leg was in a J. I broke my tib twice and my fib once. The tib came through my leg. I had to have a rod and three pins put into my leg. I am actually recovering for this injury right now.

Bandit
After hearing Diggers, Nothing can compare to his. Digger my thoughts and prays are with you. God Bless You. And to all of the men and women who are serving our country. May God be with you and your family.

Big Hair S
I sprained my ankle playing basketball....

I tried to walk it off and dislocated it (guess it was worse sprain than I thought)

waljac6108
Rating
not sure which one worse; 1.got mashed in the coalmines, had 6 1/2 tons on me. 2.breaking my back twice.(2 differnt times).

Brite Tiger
Rating
Well, nothing too major or life threatening, just a broker leg while surfing in Hawaii. Brutal wipe out.

superstar
Rating
Mine was my broken ankle, all i did was put my foot down from riding my bike, only not too well, i had to have an operatione and had 5 screws put in, it still makes me feel sick thinking about it!

Ste444
Wow some people have had some bad injuries. Mine nothing really. When I was at school I shut the school gates as I did I trapped my thumb. It went so purple I had to have blood drained from it. The nail fell off and a new one grew back, thank god.

Will hath returned
Rating
a broken heart!

no, actually, i took off half my face cycling and broke my leg.

Dirty D
I'd say it's a tie between breaking my collarbone on a tree stump wrestling in the playground when I was six or later that year ramming a broomstick into my left eye attempting to pole vault in the backyard. To this day I still get double vision if I stare at something too long. I'm 27 now.

moe h
I broke my spine,they removed the broken bits and fixed the vertebrae.I am 99% better!!

tess
Rating
My 25 yr old daughter wasn't wearing a seatbelt & got thrown from the car when it rolled. She had a severly depressed skull fracture, a broken neck in 2 places, a torn spleen, 2 pelvis breaks, a torn rotator cuff, a knee injury,nerve damage in her arm, torn meniscus in her knee, bruised lungs, separated & broken ribs. Severe road rash.
That was 1 1/2 yrs ago. She was back to work after 8 months & is truly a miracle, according to her many many Dr's.
So to all you people out there that don't wear seatbelts, let this be a lesson.
P.S. 3 other people in the car who were wearing seatbelts had minor injuries, like broken arms.

Lefty
groin pull...playing softball.................

Sarey Gamp
Compared to others mine isn't that bad (heck I've been healthy most of my life, sickly yes but not enough to warrant hospitalisation), I fell down some stairs and fractured my ankle. That wasn't the worst part though, I didn't want to go to the GP so I left it and it healed funny and now my ankle is totally weak. My GP has since checked it and reckons the bone fused together again in a funny position. It's a shame really, I tried skating the other week (first time since the accident) and I couldn't do it for very long cos my ankle couldn't support me. Oh well, my stupid fault.

Either that or when I bit my tongue in half when I was about 6 or 7 (I'm not sure which injury is worse, they both hurt like hell). I was running for lunch at school and I tripped and cracked my chin on my lunchbox (boy was I excited about my cheese and ketchup sandwiches *lol*), I bit my tongue and blood literally went everywhere (you'd be surprised how much blood there is in the tongue). I put so many people off their lunch that day. I still have a scar on my tongue and can feel it if I rub my tongue across my upper teeth (it's like a flap of skin). Totally gross, but a great anecdote.

Gary M
Broken arm, not too drastic, slipped on ice!

UptonEMT
Rating
Severed my Achille's Tendon and very slightly cut into my Posterior Tibial artery. Stupid me, didn't go to a doctor that night. Next morning, woke up in the hospital. Doc's told me I went into shock due to massive blood loss. Always, always control the bleeding before going to sleep!

Took surgery and 8 months to get me walking again.
Happened by falling on a large piece of porcelin.

Clive
Rating
Sprayed with molten lead when I dropped some damp pipe in the pot.
All injuries were minor but very frightening as my eyes were burned and I did not know that it was not serious until I was examined in hospital.

Mya Martinez
When i was 18 months old i fell down two steps and landed with my eye on the thing you turn the heat up on the radiator with except the cap was broken so it was just like a big metal spike, it went into the top of my eye socket i was lucky i wasnt blinded but its got a big > shaped scar above my right eye lol.

stone_angel11
i fell on the outside rim of the bath and split the inside of my ladies part clean open. i had to have 8 stitches and it hurt like you wouldn't believe. thankfully no lasting damage as i had 4 children,but by the Christ it hurt. xxx

Gallo
I was skiing in middle school and lost a ski off a jump and snapped though the lower bone of my leg. I've never felt a worse pain when they were taking the boot off.

When they casted me up, they didn't check my knees and didn't find out until 3 years later that it caused problems in both knees. Had to have surgery on both and now have artritis in my right knee at the ripe old age of 30...

Digger
I served in Iraq in 1990/91. Taking an unofficial shortcut by landrover to our next poiint, we stopped to check our position. We decided to take a leak, and we all piled out. The driver stayed behind the wheel. As I got out the back and stood with my back to the rover, Our driver said "fck it" and got out too. There was an almighty flash and a thump and everything went black for a couple of seconds.

He stood on a landmine, and was killed instantly. My guys to the left - one lost his left leg and his right foot, one was killed, and me at the back took the brunt from passing under the rover. I was left with shattered feet, shins and knee caps, along with various points of shrapnel around the mid-riff and top left side of my body.

That was the physical injuries, but the mental side still is with me on a day to day basis. I would certainly state that I would have rather died on the spot, than live with the memory.

justgray
Rating
i had a brain hemerage! i got it at the gym from over exerting myself. it was excruciating and i spent 2 weeks in hospital and had to have a lumbar puncure! that was not nice either.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, March 25, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy