Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

Dropped a computer on my foot. It bled a little bit and is now slightly bruised and swollen. What should i do?
I was carrying my computer to move it to a different table, but it slipped out of my hands and fell on to the top of my foot. I cant really touch it because of the pain, and it is very slightly ...

I HAVE A PEANUT BUTTER JAR STUCK in my bum ?!?!?
I slid it in with ky but I can't get it out it really hurts what do I do. i can't go to the er becuase im embarrassed? someone help ...

Bruised ribs?
I bruised the ribs in my back on Tuesday night and the pain is excruciating when i move around or take a deep breath. Anyone else had this or have any info/ideas.....

What would causes someone to black out behind the wheel while driving?
A friend of mine has blacked out twice in the last 2 years behind the wheel. The first time she black out she ran over a mail box and this last time she blacked out and hit a building with her car. T...

Is it true?
Is it true that your more likely to break your ankle or arm when its asleep
Additional Details
I'm not trying to like my teacher was talking about it today and i was ...

What is the worst injury you have ever got?
My niece fell on a chopped down tree and got a branch in her stomach once. the wound after her operation was like an open mouth! It was Yucky....

Bruises???
Okay right when you get a bruise, are you suppose to rub it so it will go away,, or is it true if you rub it, it will get into like a blood clot.... I get bruises all the time bc im pale and enemic ...

I've just twisted my ankle quite badly and I have an important golf match on Sunday -what can I do?

What`s the word when stubbing your Toe,?

What kind of doctor should I go to see about a problem with a sciatic nerve?
I want to avoid the bs of going to a GP so I was thinking maybe I should go to a sports doctor or something along those lines. Let me know what you think. Thanks....

My belly button leaks foul liquid, and when this happens i have sharp pains around my belly button,?
when what evers doing this when it pops itmakes my mouth tingle and my tounge goes ...

What's the WORST. . . ?
...pain you've ever been in before in your life? What caused it and how did you react?

Also, how old were you then?...

Why can't you sneeze with your eyes open?

How do i get people to trust me to realise i can look after myself?
i had an accident the other year when i was 14 and was left brain temporarilly brain damaged. im fine now almost. but nobody trusts me to do things how can i prove im able to do stuff on my own
<...

I developed stiff neck without any reason,its tough to sleep or turn around .What might help?
Do i need to visit a doctor?...

OMG I think it works?
I asked a question yesterday asking if a Potato can break ure wrist by cutting it in half and than putting the wrist between both pieces for 8-12 hours or longer than tap it with a spoon...I did it <...

My friend just took 10 tripple stacks of extascy. Foam keeps coming out his mouth.Is this ok?
He working fine and comunitcating with me and he also says he has the greatest feeling ever but foam keeps coming up....

If a person is killed while he is busy peeing then will the pee still continue to flow or not?

I stepped on a rusty roofing nail that went flush with the botttom of my foot. What should I do?
I have been told to get a tetanus shot. Why? The wound didn't even bleed when i pulled it ...

The nail on my middle toe fell off after I stubbed it.?
Can I just put a bandaid on it and let it regrow or do I have to use any special treatment?...

COOZ
What exactly does an X-ray show..?
What kind of information can my doctor get from an X-ray? Does it show the state of the bones, or other things like tissue and nerves? I mean, if you don't have anything wrong with the actual bone, and instead it's like a muscle tear or something, would an X-ray be helpful?

Thanks!!

awesomeActress09
in general x-rays are for checkin out the bones but in some hospitals they have these special machines that can do a scan of your muscles and organs to see how things are doing.... if you need more info talk to you family doctor about it

wakethelake20
it shows your skeleton.

G@me Time
bones

chobalobba
no it only shows bone injurys

rmblnrose311
it only shows bones,
but the dr. can do mri or cat scans, if something elseeiswrong

John M
It shows the bones only. A doctor can tell if a bone is fractured or broken from an X-ray.

If you have nothing wrong with the bone, nothing will show up abormal as only the bone absorbs the radioactivity.

Johan S
Rating
an x ray shows bones. an MRI shows muscle tears

iUnkown
An X-ray shows bone and bone only I believe.

Like they use them if a bone is broken or something so they do an x-ray to see if it is broken or not.

It's a picture

majr7
You did not mention the location of the injury so I will give you some basics of X-rays.
X-rays are used to "see" beyond the skin. The "picture" that is produced will have certain qualities based on the area of interest. A film of a hand will show bones, skin, growth plates and any "foreign object" if that is what you are looking for. Basically, an xray is a picture.
Think of a light beam that can go through your body. As different parts of your body have different densities, the light is slowed a different rate of travel depending on the density of that part of the body. Bones are harder than muscle, and muscle is "harder" than skin.
For example, a belly xray will show bones and some sort of air/ fluid levels that will be present in your digestive system. An xray of your arm will generally show only bones and what is refered to as "soft tissue" .
More exact exams are used to find more "specific" problems.
A Cat Scan, can show much more detail involving any area of the body.
An MRI will show more detail when looking for "muscle damage"
There are literally thousands of exams that can be done to correctly diagnose your problem.
Your doctor is a medical professional and has many years of education. He / She is the one you should ask this question to.
They will tell you what they "see" on the xray. And do not be afraid to ask questions.
Good Luck

Phillip N
Rating
I think an x-ray can identify how much you'll grow, and also doctors look for fractures and cracks in a bone. But I think a cat scan is used to see things like ligament and other flesh

1990hollywoodgirl
Rating
x-ray will just show your bones. an MRI or Cat Scan or CT scan however you want to call it will show more detail such as nerves and tissue

hackershack
Rating
nope

Annick J
Rating
An Xray is useful in seeing bones and to a lesser degree, tissue. Denser muscle and ligaments can be seen by Xrays. For anything more detailed, you'll need a CAT scan or MRI.

Nick
X-Rays usually show solid forms in the body. That is the white part you see on the X-Ray. The black parts are usually soft tissue (like organs) or liquid. By this, we can pick up any kind of growth, irregular forms, and any other kind of odd things which many people have today. Usually by knowing what the human body should look like, and how the X-Ray comes back, is how it indicates to us that there is a problem.

∙∙ uıʌǝʞ ∙∙  ☮
It is primarily for bones but they can see some cartridge and some muscle shadows. This gives them very little clues. An MRI is what is needed for a muscle tear or tendons and ligaments.

For instance, a dental x-ray. They can see your jaw bones, teeth and roots of the teeth into the bone. But they can also see an abscess (infection in soft tissue). It is clear to them that you have an abscess, but not the extent. If it is minor they sometimes can't see it.

Juls
Rating
An x-ray shows bone and dense tissue. It can show large or obvious injuries, but in order to see more specific views of that area, they would have to order a more intense type of radiologic test.

pinkempyreal
Rating
Any visual impurites in a solid object (I.E. your bones). If it is cracked or broken, you'd be able to see it in an xray. You won't see anything muscle or tissue related. You need an MRI for that.

MOM KNOWS EVERYTHING
Rating
X-rays show very little about the soft tissue and are most useful for checking the skeletal (bony) system. They can show other things, however, such as a shadow on a lung that might represent fluid, or a tumor. X-rays will not show a muscle tear; there are other tests that would, such as CAT scans, MRI's, and ultrasound.

patriot_f16
Rating
it can also show if there is some joint displacement or widening of the joint space. but its mostly to show bone issues( well that also depends on the level of X ray penetration). but your doctor needs to order for an x ray even though you think it just some muscle tear because if there was a tiny fracture that he missed you can come back and sue the heck out of him. so he needs to cover him self legally too

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, December 19, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy