Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

Got an elbow cut and my whole arm is itching what does this mean?

I am in sixth grade and I had just started my period. It is really bothering me. What do I do??????

Need your help...?
What are some exercises that will help stretch out and redefine my ankle? I was in an accedient almost 2yrs ago and need advice on how to stretch it out......

I jus came from outside and its freezin cold.my hands was frozen and now im ok.the only problem is i have pain
my finger feels like it had pain shooting thru it and it really hurts when i hit it...i also have the same problem with my upper arm.what is goin on?

When was the last time u slipped and fell on ice?
what shoes were u wearing that made u slip?...

OMG!!! PLEASE HELP ME!!!! Please!?
I HAVE JUST CUT MY HAND WIDE OPEN AND I AM BLEEDING REALLY HARD!!! I am alone and can't calm down, what do I do!??!?!?!?!?? I don't have any phones or electricity in my house and I don'...

How do i get the water out of my head????
I got some water in one ear and in the same day it really started to piss me off and really felt like hurting .it HURTS.can someno plz @#! tell me how 2 get it out....im afraid of infection more......

Im recovering from cutting and i was just wondering...?
if you put hydrogen peroxide of something and a thick layer of bubbles or wahtever that white gross stuff is waht is it? does that maen its infected? and is there anythign to put on it to heal them ...

I have this continous noise in my right ear, and it impared my hearing. What can i do?
The problem is that i went to a night club, and funny enough my left ear that was directed to the speaker has got no problem, but to my supprise it is my right ear that was affected, and i have been ...

I did Landscaping for six years.since then I have had chronic back and knee pain What should I do?
When doing landscaping i did alot of heavy lifting,and a lot of bending over.as a result I now have a bad back and bad knees....

NO ONE EVER ANSWERS MY QUESTIONS... JUST A GUESS WILL WORK! if you had to diagnose my 12 year old RIGHT NOW...
would you say she has Osgood-Schlatter or a Torn Meniscus?

here are all her symptoms:

swelling in front of knee (in a band across the middle)
pain when squatting
pain ...

Doctors note...are the managers of work allowed to validate you were really there?
Okay, so this is really bad but i called out sick from work and made this whole story up about how i went to the hospital (which i did 6 month's prior) but since they had no idea that i had gone ...

Do people always surely DIE if they break their neck? How come...?!? Any doctor or physician to explain..?
I once heard a news that a woman survived after she accidentally broke her neck by falling from her own roof... I didn't get it, how come?!?

Well, any doctor or physician to explain ...

What can be done for a broken toe?
the toe beside the big toe. someone told me all you can do is tape it to another toe. any ideas?...

FASTEST way to heal a sprained leg?
okay, i was walking in the grass and i twisted my ankle in a ditch/ so far ive tried the RICE, and i soaked my foot in water with this epsom salt, buts its not helping/
i could walk slowly on ...

What's an immediate remedy for a twisted ankle??
Please answer, my friend just came home with a twisted ankle, she'd fallen off the stairs!! Is there anything quick to be done?...

Just cut my tongue what should I do?
I just made a large cut down the centre of my tongue with a knife, will it be ok? should I do anything? Thanks
Additional Details
I was trying to cut my tongue in half, why do you think ...

My veins stick out real bad in my arms what does that mean?
ok, its really wierd when im hot my veins stick out of my arms real bad and i mean really bad and my hands turn bright red when it happens and it kind of feels like someone is sqeezeing my arm but ...

What's wrong with me?
I'm 15 and I wear contact lenses. This morning, I was playing baseball, and on the bus back to school my left eye started to feel irritated and hurt (which sometimes happens with contact lenses)....

Friend set me on fire with gas........... just 10 mins ago.....?
ok me and my friends were playing with gas.......... and well we made a molotov x2 one of them set a tree on fire other one set me on fire......... and anyways what sould i do i got burns on my face ...

bagoftwix
What's the best way to heal an ankle sprain quickly?
I know rest, ice, compression, elevate. Anything else?

greenevansj
Epsom salt soaks, Icy Hot and stay off of it as much as possible!

jusme
Rating
sorry time is the only other thing. I guess that takes the quick out of it.

Tias
Here's How:
Protect the sprained ankle.
This is quite simple, but amazingly common for people to forget. Don't walk on the sprained ankle, and protect it from further contact by immobilizing with a splint or brace.

REST.
Take a few days off of your feet. You don't have to be inactive, but be sure the ankle is being rested. Possible exercises you can do include swimming and cycling.

ICE.
This can be done several times a day for 15-20 minutes. This will keep the swelling to a minimum. Do NOT ice for more than 20 minutes, it will do more damage than good. For more information about icing an injury, read on...

COMPRESSION.
This does not have to be all of the time, but particularly when your foot is not elevated it would be advisable. A simple Ace wrap is fine for light compression.

ELEVATE.
This will also help to minimize the swelling that takes place. A few pillows under the ankle should be fine to get the leg up enough while keeping the injured limb comfortable.

Seek professional help.
While most ankle injuries are simple and heal naturally over a short time, some injuries are more severe and can necessitate more aggressive treatment.

Tips:
Never ice for more than 20 minutes.
Many people think the more the better, but this is not true! Maximum ice time should be 20 minutes every few hours. Read on for more information about icing an injury.

Get creative with icing your sprained ankle.
A bag of frozen corn or peas makes a great ice pack -- and it's both reusable and edible.

Compression bandages should be snug, not tight.
If too tight, your circulation will be impaired, and the healing process slowed.

ang2164
Rating
it all depends on how badly u sprained if it isn't too severe u should be up in and around in about a week. i had a very severe
sprain, to the point they didn't know if it was a sprain or a break and i ended up on crutches for 3 and half weeks so it just depends--good luck!!!!!!!!!

black mamba
Rating
walk on it a little
but after the second or third day
and put a wrap on it after you take the splint off

cristanine
Rating
Local remedy soak in epsom salt and stay off your feet.

My remedy...take a Hammer and hit your self in the head and your ankle won't hurt no more.

bllorr
Rating
Take a brown paper bag and soak it in white vinegar-wrap arounf ankle and hold with string or rubber bands-use over night-got info from an old Amish guy

AME
Rating
Rest it--cut out your typical exercise and really let it rest. Walk on it, but nothing else. Ice it regularly (about 15 min at a time, a couple times per day). If its swollen, keep it elevated when you ice it. Arnica gel also will help it along.

A.
Rating
You won´t believe this but, it actually works. I have hurt my ankles several times- twice severely. I used to skate, I was good, but I was also a damn fool, so I would do stupid stuff off high places, handrails, etc. what I found to work really well is this:

Take several potatoes, do NOT wash them, but DO peel them. After that, grind them down, using any kitchen machinery you want, as if you were making mashed potatoes, but raw, you see what I mean...? When you have plenty of this "raw mashed potato goop", wrap it in cloth or something (I would use an old t-shirt, it was best because of how thin a shirt is compared to other stuff, such as a towel, per say). wrap THAT around yr. ankle, real tight, and just sit there, with your ankle elevated.

IT WORKS, AND MUCH BETTER THAN THE WHOLE ICE THING.

beerwench33
Rating
Take a multi-vitamin with your biggest meal every day.

juniper
Rating
You can also try arnica ointment from a health food store.

:)
Rating
what you should do is rool your foot five times a day and don't push hard on it. also do a figure-eight wrap (wrap your ankle in an elastic bandage to control swelling and to support and protect it. and continue wrapping loosely about six inches above the leg. Don't wrap so tightly that yout toes go numb or turn red) hope it feels better

Dragon Empress
Rating
As long as you keep it wrapped in an elastic bandage (take off at night) then it should ease the pain and heal quicker.

activa
Rating
RICE
Rest
Ice
Compress
Elevate

that should be your first goal in the first 24-48hrs. you can also do very gentle Active range of motion but non-weight bearing. this will encourage blood flow that will help bring needed nutrients and flush out toxins etc. a support may be worn if necessary but not at night as it will decrease blood flow and therefore limit the amount of lymphatic drainage (the swelling). make sure over the next few days you do not challenge the ankle too much, off stairs, no uneven surfaces.
the important thing to remember is if you sprain your ankle often it's likely do to laxity (looseness) of ligaments and weakness of muscles. you need to improve the strength of your ankle muscles because ligaments generally don't tighten up again. physio is a good source for exercises. they depend on which ligaments you strained.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, October 21, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy