Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

Normal? Its been four weeks since I sprained my ankle, and there is still much pain when I twist it gently.?
It wasnt really that bad of a sprain. Only slight swelling, but hard to walk on without it wrapped up.
But I never went to the doctor and just kept wrapping it up for like 2 weeks. It's ...

What does it mean when hands get numb?

Did you ever get your tongue frozen to a flag pole?

What's the worst injury you ever got?

Cleaning up dried blood...?
When my dad died a month ago, he hit his head very hard and blood was pooled around his body from the wound. I've just now gotten the OK as executor of the will to go in and start cleaning crap ...

How to heal cuts quickly?
A friend of mine has cuts all over her arms and legs, and she has swimming in PE in about 2 weeks. How to heal them before then? Hers are relatively light and shallow. So, any way to heal them?

My arm hurts baDDDD?
ok i have a trampoline and i was jumping on it and i landed wrong and fell on my wrist hard!! if i turn it to the right to far it hurts really baddly and my mom just doesnt care at all and i need ...

My anus just fell out now what do i do?
It happened last night. I was ballet dancing in front of my husband and next thing i know my anus is on the floor. My husband was so disgusted he botulated all over the place. now i'm so deeply ...

Have I sprained my finger?
Earlier I was looking for something in a cupboard and I had my hand on the floor. I knocked a pyrex jug (which is quite heavy) from the second shelf of the cupboard and it fell so the rim hit my ...

My shoulder blade hurts so bad and my muscle in my arm hurts too....?
i hurt my arm (muscle) when i was on the wii sports and was boxing. i should have stopped when my arm started hurting but wanted to beat my brother.. and now it is killing me..
then my shoulder ...

Is the thumb considered a finger?

I cut myself and im loosing too much blood, what do i do?
i accidentally cut my hand the cut is like 5cm across

its been bleeding for a good 15 minutes now and it won stop

im loosing a lot of blood, what should i do?

im in ...

Is it possible to hit your funny bone by yourself?

Open sore on labia minora! HELP!?
okay so ive been having troubles
down there lately. two days ago
i woke up, went to pee, and when i
wiped i felt the most horrible pain ever.
i took a mirror, spread my legs, a ...

Oww... I have a knee problem...?
I have a knee problem from soccer. I am 13 and I went to the Children's Hospital in St. Louis. The doctor's there thought it might be a heart problem or something to do with my blood. They ...

OMG is this possible? Very simple question? I need help?
I sprained my ankle a month ago and yesterday and school I was just slowly moving the ankle around getting it moving and I heard a crack, a realy loud one. It sounded like a snap kinda but mostly a ...

Injured Ankle?
Well, a month or so ago I fell down some stairs and hurt my ankle. I thought nothing about it, just that it hurt VERY badly! It hurt for about three weeks VERY badly, though I forced myself to walk ...

Is it a serious issue to have a big bruise 3 days after giving blood?
I didn't notice it until today, but I have a large bruise around the site I gave blood on Thursday. Is this a problem or is it a common occurence? The blood tech. said she had to draw from a ...

My left hand is half numb, only the pinky and ring finger. there is slight sensation. can anyone help me?
i have looked a few things up and still cant figure it out. i dont think its caparal tunnel because its starts from your thumb to your middle finger, never your pinky. im so confused. is it life ...

I have a bump right under my chin that hurts when I put pressure on it what do you think it is?
I didn't hit my chin on anything, and it isn't briused....

kodiakman9000
What's the best thing to do for a smashed finger nail.?
Yesterday at work I smashed my finger and now my nail is turning black, should I cut a hole in the nail to let the blood drain or should I just leave it alone

Alessandro
Leave it alone....and put some ice!!!

Thor R
Rating
See a doctor!

Robert B
Rating
I have not done that in years it hurts way to much. Draining the blood is only necessary if there is swelling and discomfort. If there is you can do it your self or see a doctor. Other wise read and apply http://www.helium.com/tm/148271 to speed up the healing process.

Tinkerbell
Rating
you poor thing, bet that hurt. Take some ice and put in a bowl and add cold water. Than put your finger in there and try and let it soak for a while. You can take it out if its too cold but than keep putting it back in as long as you can stand it. Than It will numb the pain and make it stop hurting so much. My Nail lady told me about this.

saveitok
did you realy smash your fingure or is this another one of those metopher wording things...
if you did ouch i have done that and it sure does hurt i hope you feel better

Jessicca Francis
Rating
Get it checked it sounds like an infection.

Amber F
Defiantly leave it alone. Its exactly like a bruise anywhere else just underneath a nail. It'll take alot longer to heal too.

amychis
go to hospital. minor injuries.

you need to get it checked out. my be infected by the sounds of it

~Della~
Rating
I say leave it alone I smached mine in a car door a few years back and I just had to leave it although it takes a while to heal.

Quagmire
mate o mine has ingrowing toenail. goes to the clinic every so often and they pull it all out with pliers.and a new one grows. i dunno about your fingernail though as im not a doc. pop down your clinic and see the nurse, or just leave it and let a new one grow

Steph
Yes poke a hole in it! Trust me, I smashed my finger in a car door and the same thing happened to me. What you need to do it get a niddle, like a sewing needle, and put it over fire, a candle and let it get hot. Then take the tip and poke your finger nail a couple of times. Make sure you do it good enough to drain the blood. It doesnt hurt one bit and it will relieve so much pressure and make it stop throbbing. I promise this is the best thing to do.

Edit: Dont listen to these other people! I didnt know that I should poke it with a needle until I talked to someone about it who was a nurse. There is no need to go the hospital. When I did it it relieved it instantly when before it was so painful because of the pressure of the blood in my fingure. When you poke it, it drains that blood, thus taking away the pressure and pain. Trust me.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, November 26, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy